So I was born Orthodox in a mainly Orthodox country

So I was born Orthodox in a mainly Orthodox country.
I agree much more with the Orthodox view than the Catholic on certain stuff.
I appreciate the Orthodox art and icons a bit more too.
But today I went to the first Catholic sunday service and it was so much more enjoyable than the Orthodox.
I sat down comfortably, I prayed in peace. There weren't hours and hours of nonstop singing. And everything was more elegant overall.
I can almost never last a whole Orthodox service and all that singing and general lack of elegance and comfort is putting me off a little.
What the fuck do?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nG5gEzymh5c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Go Protestant

These Christians again...go back to 8ch /christian/

Catholicism requires you to worship Allah and kiss refugee feet. Enjoy it.

keep going to the Catholic mass ?

Why don't you just pray at the Catholic Church.you don't even have to convert just pray there.
Problem solved

Traditional latin mass ?

lmao

a bad pope isn't the end of the Church

Don't reply to him you stupid cunt he's obviously baiting you

Is your faith determined by your physical comfort?

If something is deeply uncomfortable its a good sign that you should do something else.

Especially religion since that shit is optional anyway, religion should be the MOST comfortable thing that you choose to do.

So it asks you to follow the teachings of Jesus?

Can see why Christians would hate that

>What the fuck do?
Realize that Christianity is not about sitting through church service. Hell, one might say that spending your time in a church all day has no basis in Christianity. Christianity is a personal, spiritual journey that includes actions toward yourself and others.

Coming from a catholic school, I can tell you that the people who go to church the most and are the most involved are often times very un-Christian outside of church. Meanwhile there are people who never go to church (some aren't even Christian) and they act more Christian than most of these church-goers. Church services can teach you about the Bible, but they often seem to be the Orthodox or Catholic churches forcing their hierarchy upon you (catholics literally believe you will burn in hell if you skip mass on certain days).

TL;DR Go out and spread the Word of Christ to others through your deeds, and resist temptation always.

>CatholicSchool my whole life
>Very few people are actually culturally catholic

[spoiler]I won't exclude myself, I'm a huge piece of shit who doesn't really believe in it and hasn't been to confession in 2 years, but I really don't like these Cafeteria Catholics[/spoiler]

Fuck you libshit retard

good argument fellow.

>Complain about lack of elegance
>Go Protestant

If you fancy the catholic church you convert, simply.

You cucks were founded by Damasus I who became the first "Pope" in 366. Any other "popes" are just a case of we wuzism.

The rest is literally just sucked the Roman/Barbarian cock, and pretending that Peter was a negro.

Yeah, I mean Catholic Church is definitely true Christian Church. Just look at this Truest of the Christians (TM) kissing a book which denies deity of Christ.

>cathar scums
l e m a o

Fun fact, the guy Francis is laughing with is the Archbishop of Canterbury

One pope does not define the entire religion you doofus. This imposter is no pope of mine.

Funny. I grew up Orthodox, though not in an Orthodox country, and I find the singing quite soothing and elegant.

Plus, having gone to Catholic school and churches before, I find the Orthodox icons and church design very elegant.

Of course, your mileage may vary. Both in terms of how you feel about that and what Orthodox churches you have encountered.

I remember having singing at Catholic Masses I have attended. Sometimes they had someone playing a guitar. Aside from violins at Christmas, I can't remember my church ever using strings. We just have the organ.

Maybe there is an Orthodox church that you would like better. Maybe there is a Catholic one. Honestly, I don't think we're all that different. Also Episcopals are nice too. They are closest to us aside from the Catholics.

I think we do need to not be so adamant how god works.

I think the Koran is a holy book. I don't agree with it and I think it defies my beliefs about God, but we are all children of God and we need to work together and love each other.

Islam is our younger brother. They too are children of Abraham. We had violent spats with them and others in the past too. We went through our angry teen years too. They are still working it out.

I want to believe that all of God's children, not matter what they believe about the Almighty, can eventually live in peace through turning toward God's love.

that doesn't seem very christian of you
I though christians are supposed to follow the teachings of jesus and have compassion and kindness in their hearts

Funny, I grew up catholic in a mixed protestant and catholic area, and I absolutely loved the first Russian orthodox service I attended. and maybe my perception is different, but it seemed very elegant, or maybe just more formal in a good way.

I enjoy catholic services as well, and obviously I can't properly receive communion at an orthodox service.

OP here.
I think I need to try a different Orthodox Church.
I overall like Orthodoxy more. The Church looks rich and beautiful, the icons are astonishing.
If the priest had a beautiful voice, and maybe a place to sit, I think I'd be all hooked.
Check this singing out:
youtube.com/watch?v=nG5gEzymh5c
I just felt like I couldn't find that peace and beautiful worship of God in the Churches I went to. I went to many liturgies and they were the opposite of this video. Lots of people standing very close, grabbing onto the priest's robe to get blessed or something. Lots of kissing icons.
And while the priest sung about really beautiful things and worshiped God through song, it didn't have that immense artistic impact on me like the video above had.
It felt extremely empty and materialistic, especially when people grabbed onto the priest's robes. It's a shame that a lot of Christians understand blessing and peace of mind through grabbing onto something material. I don't find it wrong to do that, or to kiss icons, as it is, ultimately, a form of showing devotion to our God. I don't remember the book or the verse, but I think it was in Matthew's Gospel, where Jesus told people to worship Him with the heart and not the mouth.
What I liked about the Catholic Church was that I was sitting down, relaxed, listened to the priest very clearly and came back home with something.
I guess I just need a priest to have impact on me, be it through his voice or something else.
I'm also not too fond of the idea of popes. Nothing wrong with it, there's a hierarchy in the Orthodox Church as well.
I've seen a lot of Romanian monasteries on Youtube, and some of them really impacted me somehow

All of the churches are wrong. By all means, go to any service you wish, because I'm sure God enjoys the praise, but you need to define your own faith.

Where does the idea that Saint Peter's Cross as being anti-christian come from?
I realize it's a different context

Retards equating the term "anti-Christ" with the inversion of the cross, it's as simple as that, it's a protestant thing because many of them think the Pope is the anti-Christ and St. Peter's Cross is a symbol of the papacy.

Catholics suck desu. Most of them don't understand their religion. Catholicism, on the other hand, is a great religion. I was raised Catholic, and even though I'm not longer Catholic I still find it fascinating.

Just idiot secularists who don't know the historical meaning of St. Peters cross and just think upside down cross equals anti Christ.

>Do not try to treat this board as /pol/ with dates.

>kissing feet and worshiping a false god is following jesus

I hope you'll die soon, filthy degenerate