/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog General. Let's talk about Sonic games, old and new, and the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, etc.

/sthg/ - #503 - As one adventure ends, another begins Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/Developments

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E6XePJyXilA
pastebin.com/w235Sg7K
youtube.com/watch?v=QP6lORmf1w8
youtube.com/watch?v=s6Ynk5ZjW9w
youtube.com/watch?v=DC9wtpcVm3M
youtube.com/watch?v=DF_KvsWq1gg
youtube.com/watch?v=Nkh4OYRYzXY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>that room full of sonic

fast

Eesh, I get that it would be tough to lay out, but some of the best pieces really got the shaft here.

this isn't the "official collage"

It's proving challenging. The size difference between some pics is enormous!

I have to side with , it's a really odd way to lay it out that leaves a lot to be desired.

What if sonic boom was a good game?

You do know that you can resize pictures and it only takes two clicks, right?

Would anyone play a game where Sticks was the main character?

post all NEW art not included in this OP so it can be updated

inb4 he's trying to do it in paint

>OP back to normal non-celebratory status
>the celebration is officially over

The celebration was pretty shit.

Yeah, for all of like a week. Then the party REALLY starts next Friday.

Update to my 500 pic.
Also not sure why my unfinished sketch was there...

Okay seriously which thread are we using. Both this thread and the previous thread are still going

Maybe

Unf, great work Yoto!

>Okay seriously which thread are we using. Both this thread and the previous thread are still going
This won't be a problem in the future.
Now that 500 is gone, we won't be hitting image bump often

i think the OP is just a proto collage

>last week of calm before anons start killing themselves

Should have just waited until we reached bump limit regardless, image bumps be damned.

>two threads to Bump at the same time

does bump like to bump? or is it just in her nature? or her job?

youtube.com/watch?v=E6XePJyXilA

>Should have just waited until we reached bump limit regardless, image bumps be damned.
This was my first time making a thread.
I'm sorry. Next time, I'd I ever make another one, I'll wait.

It's cool man.
We're a pretty forgiving board.

Not a big deal, I didn't mean to sound that pissy about it. It's just easier to wait until we can't bump anymore.

pastebin.com/w235Sg7K

>The Court has previously warned the parties that “if, as I suggested to both of you, someone is lying about [this] fundamental issue on the witness stand under oath, then the case won't stop here, the civil case, I will refer it to the appropriate authorities to investigate whether perjury has been committed.”

So nothing came out of that?

That dollar still really makes me chuckle

They ended up settling out court, which is how we ended up with the reboot happening.

But had Archie not dropped the ball early by underestimating Penders or had SEGA not been busy buying Atlus that they couldn't even send over a document saying "We own all this no matter what anyone says," Penders would've been crushed, and probably charged with perjury on top of it, based on the judge's words in that document.

That's a sweaty pussy

youtube.com/watch?v=QP6lORmf1w8

Don't tell me it isn't a fitting song.

It's what she was made for. She loves to do it.

that's the kind of purpose I want to live my life with

I just realized the pants say Bump too

Do you miss Scourge?

not really

Yes. He really wasn't that good of a character but he was a fun character

Yea

>good hedgehog
But Sonic is the villain

Yes, because I actually like the design and philosophy of the character. Although him being written as Sonic but evil was kind of rare as he was mostly just portrayed as a doofus villain.

There's no reason why Archie couldn't still use him. "Evil Alternate Universe Version of the Main Character" isn't something that can be trademarked.

what's going on with his hand here?

Are they fat folds? is it a flap?

Archie could use him, but they'd have to give him a different origin along with all the other Anti-Freedom Fighters/Suppression Squad members as Penders owns Anti-Mobius/Moebius along with Evil Blue Sonic.

TL;DR Penders owns Evil Blue Sonic while Archie owns Evil Green Sonic with Scars

Hero story or Dark story, /sthg/?

Hero first

Yes

It's probably a flap, seeing as how he's bending his hand backwards.

Folds in the glove

Except Penders says he also owns Evil Green Sonic with Scars, and Penders doesn't actually own any of these things. The settlement was essentially the legal equivalent of Archie and Penders saying "Let's agree to disagree" without actually laying out anything publicly about who owns what.

Hero, because the promo commercial at the end for Dark is way cooler.

Actually, Archie does own him, as evidenced by the fact that he got his own 3D model for a variant cover well after the lawsuit. Why they didn't use him is anybody's guess. I just think Ian and the others aren't interested in him/have no need for him, anymore.

does he have the world's fattest hands?

Where on a hand would it fold like that?

That wasn't Archie, that was just Rafa Knight dicking around with models, Archie didn't commission her for it

It's a glove

A glove filled with pudding?

Penders will sue if he appears again, that's been stated before. Another lawsuit is risky and Archie has been extra careful to keep that from happening.

>Come up with a new backstory for him
>Make it so that he was always green
>Get rid of Fiona and the Destructix
>Replace them with Miles, Rosey, and a new Anti Knuckles

In Penders' time on the comic, Scourge was just Sonic wearing a leather jacket, literally named Evil Sonic. There is no way he can possibly get shit out of that and he would have to be tremendously stupid to think that he could without getting his ass blasted by Sega. Green Scourge is all Ian's design and as long as the comic doesn't acknowledge that he was once blue, Penders shouldn't be able to do shit about it should they bring him back.

I have a love/hate feeling towards this character. I'm glad he's gone but I do sure miss the green recolored fucker.

Gloves bend and fold in ways that hands generally don't
Go find a white cartoon glove that you probably have somewhere and put it on and bend your hand like that, you'll probably get folds like that

It was used as cover art for a trade release that got cancelled. It was on Amazon for a while.

Just to be clear, they'd also have to remove his origins from Anti-Mobius/Moebius. Penders owns that, too.

If they could use him with no chance of a lawsuit, they most certainly would and find a place for him just on his popularity alone.

Anything from when Penders sued up to the reboot can't really be used as evidence for the current situation. Despite being referred to as an event, the Pendering was really a long drawn out process with stages of the writers pulling out certain characters they were certain Penders would want (such as Hershey because she was named after his cat) up until the most obvious effects of the Pendering pre-reboot which was Endangered Species and the Chaotix arc in Universe at that time, both of which were being rewritten and having new covers drawn after the previews were already released. Then the Super Genesis Wave just got it over with and rebooted the universe.

Penders shouldn't be able to do shit, but that doesn't mean he won't try. He doesn't care about the actually legality of what he does because he's convinced that he's right.

Oh, I was thinking of a different model. My bad

And even then it felt like a few things were still getting removed/avoided after it rebooted.

Who is the most divisive Sonic character? The one that the fanbase is pretty much split on (Well, moreso than most other characters)

Probably Sally.

Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik

Silver

if you're counting a 0.1/99.9 split I guess yeah

Honestly the general opinion on Silver seems more positive nowadays than it was when 06 came out.
That's just fucking wrong. I never see that much hate for Eggman, if any

i don't really like eggman but I don't hate him like some characters

>Hershey because she was named after his cat
Who did Penders name Bernadette after and what other characters has this idiot named after parts of his family?

>I never see that much hate for Eggman

I wasn't talking about people hating Warlord Julian Kintobor. Everyone agrees Ovi Kintobor is a pretty cool dude. Dr. Robotnik, a.k.a. Dr. Eggman is one of gaming's greatest villains; really, there are few villains with more enduring popularity than Dr. Eggman, a.k.a. Dr. Robotnik.

I can't speak for names, but Penders did base Locke's death in MXYL on his grandfather's iirc

>Who did Penders name Bernadette after and what other characters has this idiot named after parts of his family?
He named Bernadette after his wife, and it doesn't technically count, but Locke was modeled after Penders' dad

His wife, I think. I don't know of any others off the top of my head.

It was his dad, as Locke was entirely based on Penders' father, which is why he's so protective of that character in particular. That's why he was furious over how Ian killed him off, since sacrificing yourself to save your son is dumb; real men get killed by carcinogenic pancreases. Bear in mind that Penders didn't publicly state the connection between Locke and his father until after Ian killed off Locke, but still claimed that Ian should've known Locke's inspiration anyway and not written him as he did.

Also, abandoning your child in the wilderness is just like boarding school.

>. Bear in mind that Penders didn't publicly state the connection between Locke and his father until after Ian killed off Locke, but still claimed that Ian should've known Locke's inspiration anyway and not written him as he did.
Ironically. Ian's version of Locke's death was far more touching than Penders' version

>Locke was modeled after Penders' dad
That explains so fucking much.

Locke was one of the characters who wasn't used a ton by Ian, at least not in front of the action, but how he used him was leagues better than anything Penders did. Which is true for a lot of characters, but Locke seemed to epitomize the problems with the Brotherhood of Guardians. Under Penders, Locke did some stupid, cruel shit and was completely unapologetic. Then under Ian, with helpful set up from Bollers in Return to Angel Island, Locke realizes that the way the Brotherhood had been doing things didn't actually work and started acting to try and undo the damage he had done.

Even without his ramblings on Twitter, you could get a lot of psychoanalysis on Penders just from that one connection.

post music
youtube.com/watch?v=s6Ynk5ZjW9w

It's more the fact that Penders has never been one to let trivial things such as 'facts' and 'being a decent human being' get in the way of his ability to act like a jealous fucking child. I'm genuinely of the opinion that the man has some form of unofficially diagnosed mental handicap, because to see a grown-assed man act in the way he does is, after you remove the hilarity of it all, actually quite sad and concerning.

youtube.com/watch?v=DC9wtpcVm3M

I think it's more concerning that someone actually wanted to marry him and do the do. How he even got a son is beyond me.

>Play video thinking it's a normal upload of the song
>Kicks in when you don't expect it to

>Locke was one of the characters who wasn't used a ton by Ian, at least not in front of the action, but how he used him was leagues better than anything Penders did. Which is true for a lot of characters, but Locke seemed to epitomize the problems with the Brotherhood of Guardians. Under Penders, Locke did some stupid, cruel shit and was completely unapologetic. Then under Ian, with helpful set up from Bollers in Return to Angel Island, Locke realizes that the way the Brotherhood had been doing things didn't actually work and started acting to try and undo the damage he had done.
What's really strange is that at one point in the Knuckles comics under Penders, it's implied Locke himself is somewhat of an outlier in the Brotherhood and that he's gone against them, but nothing's done with it. Also
>Look up Spectre's ME article
>Entire section on continuity errors
Jesus

youtube.com/watch?v=DF_KvsWq1gg

Sticks, probably, with the whole thing about her jumping out of Boom into the main series.

You gotta learn to check that username, user.

I'm digging this particular high quality rip myself.

If I recall, they were all skeptical of his experimentations and microwaving Knuxegg. But the Brotherhood are huge inconsistent hypocrites anyway, since they always talk about needing to get rid of the evil of technology while using a ton of high tech equipment, and mainline echidna civilization also still being ridiculously high tech.

>If I recall, they were all skeptical of his experimentations and microwaving Knuxegg. But the Brotherhood are huge inconsistent hypocrites anyway, since they always talk about needing to get rid of the evil of technology while using a ton of high tech equipment, and mainline echidna civilization also still being ridiculously high tech.
While also calling Sonic a "nuisance" for bothering to deal with outside threats and ignoring the fact that ROBOTNIK WAS RAMMING THE FUCKNG DEATH EGG INTO ANGEL ISLAND

youtube.com/watch?v=Nkh4OYRYzXY

you don't know silvagunner?

The worst part is that Penders was obviously aware of this, and has Lien Da (In her first appearance) call someone out on it, and it doesn't reallygo anywhere

Sticks is the only good design from Boom

no way they're keeping Angry Refrigerator Knuckles or Nathan Drake Sonic