mugenmonkey.com/

>Community
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/57249
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/56904
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no, the 4 lord souls were necessary to make the lordvessel open the kiln, it had nothing to do with making you (the character) stronger

the assumption was, if you're strong enough to collect all the lord souls, you're strong enough to link the flame

in DS2 however, you could either collect the boss souls or get up to a soul memory value of 1m in NG (something like that), so it was explicitly intended as a "character strength gate"

POISE
>

>got bunned a month after pc release cause I CE'd in shit for new builds
>drop ds3 sometime after because the pvp was shitty with the lack of poise or build variety in invasions
>plus my internet was awful
>accidentally launch ds3 from steam
>load up to main menu
>no penalized message

could it be?

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/57249
How can I improve this? other weapons in main hand are just for when i want to change it up, not all at once

and yeah, if memory serves, they're resistant to magic

They will fix it, right?

>Tomb of the Giants
>Get curbstomped by two giant skeletons before I can reach the bonfire

I have a bad feeling about this

you were warned not banned
the ban message is the penalization
if you gave yourself something like the dummied hornet ring or similar and got the unable to pick up save file image you are going to get warned again unless you revert / delete your save file

it will always remain as a ban flag

nah i got the caution message

then the "you have been penalized" message later on

come back and it isn't there anymore.

hold me. at least i'm sure i can do it now. maybe it'll take weeks, but i'll kill him like that one day

>play through DS3 for the first time
>love the High Wall level
>play through it the third time
>get aggravated by the linearity of the game
I love the High Wall's design but imo the best part of DS3 is Road of Sacrifices when the game actually opens up. If the devs weren't such nofunallowed kikes about the ToD skip, we could progress in 3 directions after Road of Sacrifices.
If the DLC won't open up the game significantly or add some inherent replay value like Chalice dungeons, I'm gonna scream.

Linking from old thread

I just managed it after cheating in no fall damage. Also to note was the boss fight (health bar, music) started immediately after landing, and I got the humanity and soul immediately after getting the final hit in - before even the cutscene. Weird, but it's ok now.

Nevermind
>Kaathe gets mad at me after I place the lordvessel
The fuck? I guess I can just use cheatengine to make myself a darkwraith but I have no clue why this is happening.

You need to get the Pendant from Duke's anyway so you'll need to get the Lordvessel even if you're going to gun it.

Does anyone have an extra Witch's Locks they don't need? I'd like to experiment with an early build that requires it but the Archives are pretty far off yet.

You can't enter Oolacile until you kill Ornstein & Smough so it doesn't matter if you're trying to do anything related to him early game

You'll need to get the lord vessel and kill the golem in the Archives for the pendant

Theoretically you could also open a path to Lothric castle early on but beating Dancer on low level characters is hell.

Tell me all the H-frames.

Yeah, you can't even hypermode.

Damn, forgot about that. I'll see how I go then.

I hate the rock lizards so much, being able to kick them down the cliff is just so satisfying.

Me here again.
My game has gone seriously buggy suddenly.

anyone?

The only required boss you'd skip is gargs. The rest would still be mandatory.

Okay, Chosen Undeads

Post some things exclusive to Dark Souls that you like.

Chucking lightning bolts of sunlight at people

>Levelling without loading screens at any bonfire
>Best early game miracles
>No Health mechanic
>DEX/FAI infinite lightning bolts
>True sandbox

There aren't things exclusive to dark souls. There are things dark souls did better and the combination of those is what makes the game great. If you're asking why I play dark souls, it would be the combat and getting slapped for my mistakes

Wew lads, I meant DaS1 specifically.

Gwyndolin's boipucci

Mask of the Father
Ninja flips

Can someone post that DaS1 Guts guide? Also if there's anything similar to it for SotFS/III id appreciate it as well.

Trap God

Ds3 Guts Guide
>Make character named Guts
>Grab a straight sword because we all know that's what he uses
>Press r1 anytime you're near anything

BOMB SQUAD

EXPLOSIVE ORDNANCE DISPOSAL

EOD

HURT LOCKER

NIGGAH

Guts uses the dragonslayer

what do you mean? yeah he swings it around like a straight sword but that thing is much bigger

He's being cheeky, owing to the many people who have guts in their name yet break kayfabe

Non linearity
Atmosphere
poise ;_;

Oh. I have a difficult enough time understand sarcasm normally.

Appreciate it lad..

The specific kind of area connectivity it had

Vagrants. I really think that the concept of vagrants could've been expanded and implemented to make DS3's online more interesting.

Motherfucking gravelording (I liked it more than Rat King even though it never fucking happened)

Effective darkness (as in, lack of lighting) in some areas

Silver Knight Spear

Golden arc
Knight helm
Balder armor
Legging and gauntlets dont really matter, use what you want to hit a poise breakpoint and stay at your preferred level range. Though for legs, any of the leather are good
The Greatsword
You can find the stats. If you want to storyline cosplay, start with claymore until you can get the Greatsword and send STR to ridiculous heights. Though unfortunately it won't change swing speed

For black swordsman
Same setup but with bkgs or dragon gs instead of the gs
Added avelyn, throwing knives and bombs

For berserker armor use bk armor sans the helm

Took a really long time to find it.

Also, start bandit. There is nothing to emulate the canon but you could use pyro

4k internal res textures.

is it gay if I want to fuck gwyndolin and let him fuck me for hours on end and rule anor londo together as twin slutprincesses while letting the giant guards go into our chambers to pound us into the sheets?

its straight if he makes himself look like a girl with illusions right?

Hey dsg, which game is your fav? Personally I think 1 is the best, Isaac being a silent protag just makes it way more gripping, like it's you in the suit just dealing with shit

Is there any way to get the upgraded engame armour early just for roleplay as a special forces throughout the maingame?

Its ok to be gay, user.

Unless you live in Riyadh or something.

nah that's not gay

>Ratking

Oh don't fucking remind me.

What a wasted fucking potential. Rat King area should've been MANDATORY and be the only way to get to Black gulch. The drop down from Majula shouldn't have been possible directly to the gutter.

It should've went

Brightstone > Grave of Saints > Gutter > Meatman

Majula > Grave of Saints > Gutter < Meatman

This would've been perfectly doable. All they would've had to do is remove some of the wooden ledges on the drop down, so that you HAD to go through rat area, you couldn't bypass it.

fluted set should replace fallen knight set

Hey man, it's not gay if he's a delicious femboi.

>does nothing but fully charged R2s
>man i wish i had a faster weapon
streamers, man

>leveled to 30 dex
>casting is still slow like molasses
Why is being a caster in 3 so fucking hard?

Sage Ring.

Can't skip Darkroot...

Can't skip Farron...

Can't skip Aldrich zone...

WHY WAS THAT SHIT SKIPPABLE

>Post some things exclusive to Dark Souls that you like.
Besides a lot of the areas themselves(still, I appreciate that DS3 set out to do something new), I think that the upgrade system was the best in DS1.

>I really think that the concept of vagrants could've been expanded and implemented to make DS3's online more interesting.

I wish they had made like evil vagrants that would've been like passive gravelording --> if players die in an area in Ember form, it makes the area harder but if players are defeating the boss in that area more than they're dying, the area tendency shifts to be a little easier. So basically if you're Sunbro-ing, you can help make the area better for everyone, but if you're a dickwraith, you can go and help screw everyone over by invading and killing hosts or arrange fight clubs there to organize a lot of death that goes to fuck up other worlds.

This would be limited to a specific area and there would be a way to manipulate the area tendency offline too, so you wouldn't get screwed out of the challenge/rewards if you play offline.

>levelling dex

The silver knights section would be hell.

World tendency in DeS was, like so many things in this entire series, something that could've worked but didn't.

(You)

I has it on but still only the basic one.

That reminds me that my DaS folder has a picture of the Anor Londo Giant guard penises but I can't post it because hotpockets will get mad with homolust.

how to make das1 enjoyable and balanced

>poise is only active during attack frames
>ugs, greatmace, gretaxe 2H R2 cannot be parried
>backstab has startup frames
>chaos now scales with soul level rather than humanity
>rings may no longer be swapped unless full poise
>darkwood grain rain reduces poise by 50%

there. broken game is now fun.

is it the one with Gwyndolin being spit roasted?

I think I can finally play. This looks alright to me.

What do you guys think?

Nah.
Just rebalance hollow soldier's and havel's and you're mostly good.
>>backstab has startup frames
>implying DaS3 backstabs are a good mechanic
Bring back demon's souls backstabs and it would be just fine.

Oh shit, we back?

go back to the character creation screen

The nose is fucked.

>>implying DaS3 backstabs are a good mechanic
>implying it's not an improvement over DaS1

mongol/10

Is this build good?

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/56904

I'm going for a waifu that can cause havoc up close with the twin blades and then keep distance with the spear and pop parries when the fight gets too tradey.

I just look at that AR for 55 strength and 60 dex and wonder why its so low even on a sharp infusion? Am I missing something here or is 420-450 AR on those weapons more than good enough? Should I use item buffs? If so which ones?

But it's worse than Demon's Souls, so why would you intentionally want the worse mechanic?
You didn't even mention one of the biggest problems in DaS1/DeS that should be fixed, the hitbox not moving until at the end of the roll making laggy hits on in that connect once the i-frames have ran out or how you can just backstab someone who's already rolling away because their hitbox still hasn't gone anywhere.
I'm torn on whether roll i-frames should protect from BS because on one hand it would make BS much harder, rightfully so, but at the same time it would make estus/humanity punishing much harder.

>teardrop into archdragon peak
>skip the dragon
>light the bonfire
>quit out in the area after nameless king
>fall through the floor and get stuck
frick i was so close

does nothing about the huge recovery time on ultras
does nothing about spears or flip + katana 2hr1
does nothing about oneshot desync magic
does nothing about huge amounts of infinite stunlock combos
does nothing about toggle backstabs or toggling
does nothing about double boosted great combustion turtling
does nothing about shields being unbreakable
does nothing about gestures being uncancelable
does nothing about broken online
makes estoc turtling unbeatable
etc
no

play das2 instead

What if they brought Equipment encumberance back?

is ds3 dead or am i just softbanned?

i switched to Win10(pls dont laugh) but my savefile was another harddrive, so i replaced the newly created file with my old one. is that a soft bannable offense?

you're going to get parried when you inevitably roll poke and backstabbed when you inevitably parry spam
where you will die in one hornet ____

>reload save
>no longer stuck
praise it

>use spear
>get my ass kicked around every corner
Fuck it, I'm starting new char. Are curved swords usable?

>want to make a cosplay
>armor is in late game
>have to go through the entire game with mismatched armor/name just because you can't change your name
oh ok

Sweet, Veeky Forums just got unfucked.

What armor set do you want cutie? I might be able to drop it for you on PC if you'd like.

>does nothing about the huge recovery time on ultras
>does nothing about spears or flip + katana 2hr1
>does nothing about double boosted great combustion turtling
>does nothing about shields being unbreakable
Git gud casual scum.
>does nothing about huge amounts of infinite stunlock combos
There are none for togglers.
>does nothing about gestures being uncancelable
>does nothing about broken online
>does nothing about oneshot desync magic
>does nothing about toggle backstabs or toggling
Actual problems that should be fixed.
No, it's just bit dead sometimes. You'll get a notice on the launch screen if you're banned.
Very. Carthus Curved is the meta but other ones have the same moveset as well.

Just make do with what you got.

Should have added that I'm only interested in PvE

It's aight, I'll just get the lothric k***ht greatshield and great club and be done with my havel cosplay

I'm getting in to long weapons lately and playing defensively is really starting to get super fun for me. Is the Winged Knight Halberd good?

Which game has your favorite atmosphere?

To me, Demon Souls felt hopeless and creepy until the end.

Any weapon that's good for PvP is also obviously more than enough for PvE.
Just go with the one you like the looks of the most.

Lmao I honestly knew it was havel's.

You're in luck, because I collect Havel's sets.

I have plenty of them. Would you like one, user?

Bloodborne. From start to finish, my reaction was "what the fuck is going on!?"

>playing defensively
I hate how doing this seems to get me a win more and more often.
It means that DaS3 will eventually be much like DaS2, whoever moves first is more likely to lose. The only counter to this is to use weapons that are too fast to just be reactively dodged like CCS and Estoc, and that kinda makes the PvP unfun.

if you'd help a bro out, why not
Drop your sign down by the cathedral of the deep bonfire (the one before the dogs)
I won't be able to use them but I'd appreciate it

>use ultra weapon with huge recovery time
>get backstabbed constantly
>use spear with this poise system
>use r1s safely and disrupt anyone
>use flip + kat 2hr1
>invalidate poise system and never get hit
>use shield
>never ever get guard broken, lose less than 10% stamina from blocking a DGM, block strafe backstab ultras, never get backstabbed

all of these make das1 pvp cancerous and unfun and would continue to be with your poorly thought out changes, all of which were better implemented in das2

das2 is the pvp game, you want pvp you play das2, not hard, you can't fix the huge issues of das1 / des / das3 / bb without making it a new game

pass dsg I forgot

Sure thing pal, I'll be in there ~5 minutes.

Going to go kill Havel on this NG+ for ya.