/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

(Looted) thread: READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

LATEST BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:
E3 Bannerlord siege videos:
youtube.com/watch?v=705at0Pr4fM
youtube.com/watch?v=iObwq1WaxQ8

E3 interview by Techraptor :
youtube.com/watch?v=txjEMt7utvE

Last blog:
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/16

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS: See Pastebin

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/2ZjZZZpc

M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

M&B VERSION ARCHIVES
>ftp://ftp.taleworlds.com/

user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df

>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

Module Recommendations:

>user's ACOCK minimod
mega.nz/#F!JRQ1DRqA!Evh-3Q3uQRbaLzR4LiQ85A
>Gekonewer
mega.nz/#F!itxViDAT!PhBfJWsjATkdqN28V2kZ5g
>Swedish Mayonnaise
forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=211788.0

>"I made a mod recently or updated it. Wat do ?"
Link to the OP in your post so that it might be easier to find for the one making the next OP (also for regular people).

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jpGz6orJaRU
moddb.com/mods/custom-troop-trees/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rum_Millet
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What mod

That's the touhou mod.

Well, everyone's wearing fancy headgear, so I'd believe it.

How do I make vanilla Warband nord playthrough FUN?

I have 800 hours so looking for new shit.

I'm posting Cao Cao in honour of the poster who was posting in honour of the original Cao Cao poster until we get a good Romance of the three kingdoms mod.

>new shit
>playing native, as the "hit thing with axe" faction
uh

What are the chances Bannerlord will actually run well in decently sized battles?

In my SLIC Titan with 64 GB of RAMwith a SSD HDD and Xeon processor?

Pretty good.

The siege video supposedly had 500 units in one battle. Of course, we don't know the specs of the computer that could run that 500 man siege, so who knows how Bannerlord will actually handle it.

That rig will still run EU IV with MEIOU or endgame CK2+ with India like garbage.

Those are some pretty good textures.

I am going to try and complete a playthrough of Warband without restarting like I usually do.

I got some questions become I am a roleplaying degenerate.

What happens if I marry the daughter of a Swadian vassal and then later push Lady Isolla's claim? Will her father join me or will he be against me? What happens if Lady Isolla becomes Queen?

What happens if I marry the daughter of a Rhodok vassal, push Lady Isolla's claim, win and then Swadia and Rhodok declare war on each other? Does my wife move to Swadia and does her father hate me?

yolo, family member. Just do whatever, that's what sandboxes are for.

youtube.com/watch?v=jpGz6orJaRU

WHERE IS IT

>that fur
>that axe head

Real "next gen", TW.

Is Gekokujo any good?

>fur
Good for keeping warm in cold places.
>axe
Used by cultures worldwide.

m8

Are you bashing how it looks then? I thought you were Strugianposter

you can say faggot, using side slurs like sturgian makes it just worse

...what the fuck are you even talking about anymore

WHERE

Yes. If there's at least one thing they did really good, it's the music. It really adds a nice flavour.

>the barbarians destroyed entire settlements and hundreds of years later the land has still not recovered
Do we know if we can build new cities btw? The encampment thing from VC was pretty neat.

>fur
Should not be on his back
>axe
Not sure about this one, is it too fat and blade length not long enough?

And then they terraformed Calradia into its current shape

Well the minor coastline changes are actually sensible, seeing as Neapolis's docks are now a few kilometers away from the Italian shore and several Roman villas now lie off the coast of Ravenna.

Anyone still has overlay of old map on the new one?

>Say "real 'next gen', TW"
>Somehow your first thought is that I'm not talking about graphics

Strugianposter kept pointing out the "le meme axe" and "le meme fur" so yeah...

I've only seen him talk about "le epic vikings"

I'd rather have massive and playable over top-notch graphics.

He replieed to literally that exact image before complaining about the danish two-handers, chainmail, helmets and fur so...
sorry

It's okay

Persistent Troop Identities is still in absolute shambles, but for the time being here's my custom troop trees submod, source included:

moddb.com/mods/custom-troop-trees/

I need to get to bed so it's a bit of a rush job; haven't had time to add instructions yet or anything. I'm thinking I'll add a video on how to merge it with other mods later. The mod itself could also use some work and the code isn't the most well-documented, but I wanted to just release something already. Have fun. I look forward to seeing the million uncovered bugs in the morning.

I should also add it to the forums at some point, but you guys come first.

No

>next gen
Have they actually used this buzzword?

Next gen multiplayer battles.

Consider how Warband runs with its 90s graphics and then consider if you'd really want a next gen MB.

it is time for MB to grow up. people prefer a story-driven game rather than a sandbox which boasts about how sexist it is. no one needs to control hundreds of units because it can just be confusing and too much stress.

Irony?

What do you think?

my life is in complete shambles but at least i have bannerlord...

:^)

WHERE IS IT

neat

:'^(

its too hard to tell these days

>you will never have a pure, steppe waifu

Why even live?

>Go to Moria
>Look for a secrete entrance
>spend half an hour lost in the tunnels
Damn they did a good job

They really nailed the ambiance.

if bannerlord turns out to be shit i might as well just end it all
all ive got going in my life is this shitty general and 5 year old game

But they'll patch it!

I got fucked by 3 goblins in the main hall. Didn't die, but I was too injured to go on. I really need a companion and some better fucking gear, preferably one that I don't need 3 blows to fuck up a goblin.

Moria has a couple of skeletons lying around, which makes me think that for all the wars in calradia, you never see a skeleton lying around.

Kys

i remember exploring moria
spent hours and all i got was some shitty book that idk what it's used for

Shit nigger, this is cool as fuck.

Actually being able to design your troops Fuck me.

But how do you balance equipment and shit

What's persistent troop identities?

Well there's a "use item" action, so I guess it's for that.

nice, i'll be integrating this with my mod for certain

What is even the goal of TLD? I'm so confused every time I try to play it. I just do a bunch of generic quests for my starting area, recruit a bunch of guys and kill some goblins. Is there some overarching questline/story? It doesn't seem like you're supposed to be playing this like any regular m&b mod. Also, how do I get sexy equipment?

WEW

We should add this to 1257 AD for sure. What else can we add to it? Any Warphilia assets worth grabbing?

LONG MAY HE REIGN

can't patch my life
3deep 5 me...

>Hear about how Swadia is gonna be buttfucked since it's on the center of the map
>It literally deleted the mongols, have taken most of Vaergis and the Nords and all that is left are the Sarranids which still have a good amount of keeps and the Rhodoks who are in their corner
>mfw

Holy shit, Dem fucking swadian knights. I have like 40 of those and won battles against 300 soldiers while I had 100.
Also, if I choose to renounce an oath to help a pretender take the throne I will lose my fiefs right?

if you take a castle and request it, you can renounce your oath and keep your fiefs if the king rejects your request

>supporting any of the native claimants

nah if you swear an oath to the pretender you can renounce your oath without losing any fiefs

Attempt peace immediately with every faction, always release lords, never raid villages or caravans.
Until you declare war with the Sultanate at which point rape and pillage to your heart's content.

Well, I found the book. Tried to venture further in the mines because of it, got lost once again, but already found the exit.

The quests and the game tell me we are to get ready for the big war. Once a nation goes below 2K power, it can get sieges and destroyed. If only Saruman and Sauron are left, the two towers will fight for supremacy.

Heavy Cavalry is insanely OP who knew.
>tfw no Catapracht troops in native

vaegir knights and khergit lancers are basically cataphracts
russia and turks were the true successors of byzantium

>successors of...
Stop. A dead state is a dead state. It does not have a successor.

vaegir knights have axes, thats not very cataphract

A cataphract has
Lance
Sword
Small shield
throwing javalins
bow
arrows
Fully armored horse

This was medium cavalry :^) The heavy cavalry had two layers of armor covering the entire rider and horse.

Nobody in the middle east used the same kind of european chargers though.

They had those people in Lemnos that considered themselves Romans until the 20th century.

khergit lancers in 1.011 had bows

>normally don't play swadian, but they usually do okay in my experience
>start game as a swadian freelancer
>literally every other faction declares war
>fight hard but to no avail as I'm still a barely armed peasant, with the AI at the helm
>helplessly watch as swadia is devoured utterly within 100 days of non-stop rape
war is hell

>medium
No it wasn't. It was heavy cavalry. The next version was just even heavier cavalry.

> Some of the children ran to see what Greek soldiers looked like. ‘‘What are you looking at?’’ one of them asked. ‘‘At Hellenes,’’ the children replied. ‘‘Are you not Hellenes yourselves?’’ a soldier retorted. ‘‘No, we are Romans."

to be fair
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rum_Millet
everyone in the orthodox was a "roman" under the turks

We had that crazy bastard who considered himself emperor of america.
That totally makes it true.

Come on Mordor.
Can't you just wait around a little bit more you massive faggot
I didn't even get enough influence to convince the elf faggots to give me proper gear

That is good. Bannerlord is not a next gen consoles game anyway

Ok dad, I will obey the elves.

What mod is this?

Think it's The Last Days.

>Uruk-Hai fucks me up in one fucking blow
>Fuck up my party
>I still win the engagement
oook
Maybe it's time to start a new game and not get 30 party members until I have proper gear
Or was that level based

Gekokujo

Funny, the first time I played something like that happen and I played Nord.
But I dunno if me luring the enemy troops this time as a swadian made them win some fights easier and from there they just steamroalled
I swear man, more than half the map is orange now. I think in less than a thousand days they will conquer all the continent

It's just a shame the US government committed blatant treason by ignoring his decrees.

the non-muslim subjects of the former (byzantine) Roman empire all considered themselves romans until the effects of modern nationalism in the 19th century
the roman national identity in the region over 2000 years old sadly snuffed out by arrogant greek nationalists denying their own history and roman identity of their ancestors

>Lord Erdogan has indicted a vassal for treason...
>...
>...
>...

>Coup Leader has been taken prisoner by Sultan Erdogan

>The Turkish Rebels faction has been destroyed.

Is there a list of unique units, in Gekokujo, somewhere? Like the Takeda Fire Calvary and Shimazu guys

That doesn't make it true
Some russian tsars claimed russia to be rome, some turks claimed to be the continuation, that doesn't make it true

The Russian one isn't true. The Ottomans, however, are the third Rome. They were declared to be so.

>Go help elrond that faggot, not that he needs my help
>almost no kills because I'm a poor as fuck dunedain ranger while the rich elf faggots are rolling in their horses and shiny armors because apparently being immortal really helps you be rich
>Finally strong enough to one-hit shit goblins with my shit sword
>See trolls very fucked up, think I can give it the last blow
>It sends me and other 5 faggots flying away, I die in one hit
Fuck I need some good armor

And a fucking pike to deal with these faggots.

why not play blood in the west? it's less retarded, you get to roll with the fellowship & you have a better chance of winning a 1v1 with a troll. only downside is that they make peace often.