/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

Spess belongs to the technecromancers of CLANG edition

previous ded The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise:

Corneroids, Space Engineers, Starmade, Avorion, From the Depths, Factorio, REM, Robocraft, Machinecraft, Garry's Mod, Homebrew, Besiege, Infinifactory, Scrap Mechanic, GearBlocks, and anything else welcome. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.

WebM for retards:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

Space Engineers:
>spaceengineersgame.com
>SpEngies for retards: i.imgur.com/IZekrGe

StarMade:
>star-made.org
youtube.com/watch?v=7YyxsW_2xmo
Server: NASSzone
IP: nasszone.com:4242

Avorion
>avorion.net/
>/egg/ approved server: 149.202.65.190

From the Depths:
>fromthedepthsgame.com
>/egg/heim idea bin: pastebin.com/Tmk14sf2
Factorio:
>factorio.com/
>guide.factorio.com/index.html
>steamcommunity.com/groups/eggtorio

REM:
>www.remproject.wordpress.com
>youtube.com/channel/UCzp2XM98-FcFWAqhFjnxSbg

Robocraft:
>robocraftgame.com

Machinecraft:
>hrpbk2 wix com/machinecraft
>upload/download designs at filescase.com
>TT Mech template: www.mediafire.com/download/0aalnmvvyvm75sq/TT-Mech-Template.rar
>Helpful starter guide: youtube.com/watch?v=iLVnW5exF3Q
Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>store.steampowered.com/app/325420/
>homebrewgame.com/

Besiege:
>store.steampowered.com/app/346010/
youtube.com/watch?v=n-aG7E9gTNI

Infinifactory:
>zachtronics.com/infinifactory

Scrap Mechanic:
>store.steampowered.com/app/387990/

Robot Arena 2:
>gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=4
>gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=5

KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>zachtronics.com/kohctpyktop-engineer-of-the-people/

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1468556457549.webm
mods.factorio.com/mods/kyranzor/robotarmy
u.pomf.is/yeadye.zip
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Oh no, I sat down on a ratchet wrench and it disappeared up my butt. Clang, save me!

Why would someone draw hentai left to right?

>A wrench clangs inside you
RIP user

KILLBOTS
ILLBOTSK
LLBOTSKI
LLBOTSKIL
BOTSKILL
OTSKILLB
TSKILLBO
SKILLBOT

Always use passive providers. Active chests are rarely needed.

So, I need to make sure that the factory will only work when the first chest is empty or at least not full, maybe under a certain amount, whatever. I just unlocked circuit network, but I am not sure how these things work.

>factory
I mean assembly.

nth for Robocraft cars

try clicking on the combinator

Never mind, I think I got it.

>tfw no 8 function electronic multitool

>What is a mohel knife?
>And why is there a crying baby on it?
>it can't be....
>google it
>it is

They think that a knife designed for cutting up whales is also suitable for my dick. Thanks for the compliment, hazard fraught tools.

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1468556457549.webm

gave me the giggles

Why should I use a line or cross of drills for my TBM and not a flat array?

Depending on the ships spin and stability, you will only need a few drills, and I've been told that drills cause lag quickly. I'm not sure of any other reasons, or in-depth analysis.

halftracks are better desu

forgot pic

Filthy fucking kikes

Holocaust 2: electric boogaloo when

>lag
Ohhh okay. Because after dismantling a couple of AI transports I have so much resources I might as well be playing creative.

Are you playing with the resource sliders on efficiency mode?
Resources are easy enough to get on the lowest settings, but everybody always bitches about that and wants the game to be too easy.

FORTRESS
FACTORIO
SERVER
WHEN

The entire point of a TBM is to create the biggest possible hole with a minimum of drills.
Drills are fuckexpensive both in terms of materials and lag.

>resource sliders
A what? I'm playing at default settings and I didn't have time to mine ores myself between hijacking all those delicious carriages and transports that keep spawning nearby.

Maybe I should just make grinder pacman instead of TBM.

>fortress serb with flamethrower turrets
mein schwanz

It reminds me of Warcraft 3 Fortress Survival.

Oh yeah, farming transports also make it easy mode, since you can easily just dodge turrets, find a ships blind-spot, and grind it down by hand.
When I want to make the game more challenging, I either turn the resource sliders all the way down, remove/lower the rate of cargo ships.
I also like to start on a planet and limit my starting ships to wheeled vehicles only, or my personal favorite, never leave my base and do all external work with remote controlled or pre-programmed drones.

Got guns last night, how do my gun factories look?

Since everything in the production chain needs more than 10 of each resource, most connections need two conveyors for one resource. Is there some kind of conveyor capacity upgrade? Or is it going to stay like this?

If every 2-wide factory needs a 2-wide conveyor it seems to remove most of the efficiency-finding aspect of the game.

Why the fuck do you "play" this stupid shit?

space, the final reich

>Just because planets run like shit doesn't mean I can't test fuel consumption of hydrogen thrusters in atmosphere
>Let's look at the damage and check how full my tanks are
>Get immediately eaten by cyberdoges
Fuck you KEEN I didn't even have a gun on me

why does anyone play videogames user?

dopamine release.

You can turn them off in the settings.
But yeah. they're a shitty addition.

They would be okay addition if they didn't spawn next to you from thin air

Like meteor storms. When you know where the meteors will fall (on your exactr location unless you move) they become a chore.

What is the most egg game

What's the FTD update I just downloaded?

Real life

>social engineers
No.

Literally every single type of engineering is possible in real life
It can cater to all of your ultra-autistic needs

the new changelog

It's a shitty p2w tho.
Also permadeath, in fucking MMO.

>4 saturated express belts of each metal
>still can't get to 5k processing units per hour
>there's an achievement for 10k per hour

Literally how

Bigger factory.
More factories.

That's like the entire premise of the game user.

>want to play fallout 4 for waifus, settlement, and contraptions autism
>have constant crashing and problems
>do some research
>it's a graphics driver problem
>I have AMD
>/fog/ is no help, they've gone the worst kind of autistic
FUCK

Shit waifus, shit settlements, decent general autism, shit contraption autism.

Is GECK out yet? I pirated the game on launch and died from bethesda writing and shitty boring quests. But mods can make this mess into inferior stalker clone, I'll give it one more year before buying I guess.

If it is in any way popular, the general is beyond the worst of cancer.
This is a universal fact.

Geck is out, mods still sort of shit.
Contraptions and settlements you can actually get pretty autistic with even in vanilla, there's proper logic gates and everything.
There are some good stalkery mods out, mostly just armor and stuff though I think.

You don't understand.
It's hell.
Legitimate hell.
I've seen cancerous generals before but they're beyond that.
I just wanted tech help.

>There are some good stalkery mods out, mostly just armor and stuff though I think.
I'm thinking more along the lines of JSawyer mod (by Josh Sawyer and don't you forget it) for new vegas. That mod almost singlehandedly fixed everything that's wrong with bethesda.

Bethesda changed "survival mode" to actually be a bit like that.
No fast travel, sleep is necessary, can't save unless you sleep, increased damage dealt and received, diseases, etc.
It's not perfect and still easy as fuck if you minmax, but there are definitely mods out there that improve it.

>Bethesda changed "survival mode" to actually be a bit like that.
No they didn't, I tried it and it basically made everything into bullet sponges and replaced my power armor with cardboard. That's standart bethesda difficulty, not stalker master/deus ex realistic difficulty.

You're just overexaggerating. Beneath the surface, most generals are like that. Take anything popular, and you attract the worst people, while those with actual standards simply just quietly leave.

>Take anything popular, and you attract the worst people, while those with actual standards simply just quietly leave.
Truer words have never been spoken on Veeky Forums

Are you sure you tried the right one?
The original survival mode was shit, but apparently the update made it better.
I haven't actually got the game to work since then, so I actually have no idea.
Regardless, I'm pretty sure that there have been mods that expand on it since then, so you might be able to get what you're looking for.

/fog/ is like a bastard child of moutain blade general, second life general and dragon age general.

>The original survival mode was shit, but apparently the update made it better.
Never updated the game, uninstalled after 15 hours or so.

So literally /tesg/? I have a sneaking suspicion exact same anons post in both.

Also to the guy who wants to see literal hell go check out witcher general. The games are great, but by god did it attract the wrong people.

Why doesn't anybody host factorio anymore

Because it's not a voxel space ship building game.

Yep. Kinda like /tesg/

Is this a routine for you?

>Never updated the game, uninstalled after 15 hours or so.
Try it, apparently it's OK, I seem to remember a few of the people who liked jsawyer's mod seemed to like it before /fog/ just descended completely into chaos.

>So literally /tesg/?
No, it's worse, they have more to fight about.
They're fighting over trivial lore that's been discussed to death, politics, waifus, which company is better, why fallout 4 is the best thing ever even though it's shit, etc.
It's just constant shitflinging.

bcuz im too busy hosting you're mom ass on my dick.
there are no more games to give out keys so he just post the grilled cheese without the keys

>Try it, apparently it's OK
Maybe next summer sale. That's enough time for major mods to come out.

>killbots
I need that mod. What is it?

Don't worry, soon Skyrim Whatever Edition will come out and the modding community will re-explode for it. Maybe someone will make Dwemer Engineers or something.

/tesg/ from what I've seen is 95% waifu mods, 5% scenery, and everybody throws a shitfit whenever you ask an "unrelated' question about "it's not our fault babby got Skyrim on summer sale" and knows of nothing except scenery and NPC mods.

the fuck happened with that webm

anyway

EGGPYRION WHEN

Bethesda modding community is 50% steal assets from other games 30% waifu modding 15% my first mod/ENB preset xDD and 5% actual content creators or skilled people who make wonders for their shit games pro bono

Are you blind? RobotArmy.
mods.factorio.com/mods/kyranzor/robotarmy
u.pomf.is/yeadye.zip

When they basically copy spengies wholesale but with infinitely better optimisation

I'll be the first to migrate

>webm starts out high quality then goes grainy
wtf?

I have no idea what i did wrong

Is there a good walkthrough of the various mechanics and basic designs on youtube?

Of what, you dong
there's 15 very different games in the op, and we're not playing 20 Questions here

I'm retarded, I meant from the depths.

Guys, am I Tiger enough to roll with Hitler yet?

machinecraft does it better

Cut your shit in half

show some guts.

>playing spengies

I don't make any ships big enough to do so, but here's a nice gif of someones missile carrier

You are insulting the memory of Hitler by playing the game of the people he tried to destroy

>that gif
Dimension Engineers when?

Havnt played SE since before planets and enjoyed it, Have they added much to i since?

they made movement server-side

ships are jittery. It's painful at best even though it kinda fixed desync

end this misery

No major additions, just a few upgrades and months of 'bugfixes'.
Rotors and pistons can now be locked at a certain speed, meaning that they are essentially clang proof unless you want to do crazy stuff while in motion.
The audio system is being overhauled overhauled, although it hasn't all been implemented yet.
Programming is still awesome. Wheels are still shit.

>thinking anything can be clang proof

We should annex Rimworld before they make a general.

Rimworld should go into /cbg/ rip in peace cbg, you were too good for this world

Here you go.

>keep trying to play Galactic Junk League
>no symmetry mode in build mode
>can add a fuck ton of gyros, weapons, generators, capacitors, but theres nothing that tells you if you have enough, or too many, or anything that just gives me straight numbers to show how much energy/everything I have total so i can compare things on the fly

>keep getting disconnected from the server every 3minutes

Here's some more.

looks like a weird version of robocraft and a shittier version of spengies

Here's the most recent one i have.
"Dated 25 September 2013, 21:27:19" Holy fuck starmade is over 3 years old already, and thats not counting all the time that was supposedly spent on the engine and other basic systems before the first ublic alpha.

>Pick up FactoryIdle because people keep mentioning it and it looks like factorio sans 70% of its gameplay and some extreme jewry instead. Oh well, i could play it while they fix the 0.13 map gen.

So, does each subsequent tier take longer to reach regardless of how optimally you set shit up?

The picrelated is making $5 262/Tick R35.1/Tick... which means getting any further is gonna take a while. 1billion to next territory expansion (Is unlocking kilofactory even worth it? Does it come with decent amount of space?

And electronics is probably gonna take a shile as well. Does it get to the point that complexity is sufficient to entertain me for longer than it takes to research next tech?

Three minutes apart, how does that even happen?