/4xg/ - Stellaris, Civilization & Dead Communities General

Alexander the Undying Edition

>Stellaris OP
pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Stellaris Mod Archive
mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg

>What is stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Stellaris Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

>Where is the white only mods/patch
Ask in the thread.

>/civ4xg/ OP:
pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9

>youtube.com/watch?v=qvBf6WBatk0

>More info on Civ VI:
pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/
well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html

Sacked by the Vandals:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DqiOQ1dAhL4
youtube.com/watch?v=4zLfCnGVeL4
civdata.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for SMAC

Second for AIs not being that dumb.

youtube.com/watch?v=DqiOQ1dAhL4
enjoy.
(this was kinda a bad video because it was all techs so the ai just brought out their insane monk micro instead of anything else. normally they build other units. but its still a glimpse at the ai economy, one that never cheats.)
hopefully 'dead communities' means I could post about this here and not get banned, theres no rts general or anything...

Just post about it, we welcome all good games.

I love cheesing the dumb AI though
>mfw using spaghetti technique and making all civs go bankrunpt

At least it doesn't cheat. I have bad memories of playing Empire Earth.

>At least it doesn't cheat.
>at least
What else do you want from it
Also why the fuck can't all AIs be this good?

>still no empire borders for mac

Just be fair. I have bad, REALLY bad memories of Empire Earth's AI.
>literally two peasants
>yet able to cover the map with buildings
>constantly rebuilding them
>rebuild them faster than I can destroy them
>spams atomic bomber

>Distant Worlds
>forgot to check "regenerating ressources"

>that monk micro
Lord have mercy

>on hardest, receives bonus ressources

>but it doesn't in the HD edition
Watch for more than 20 seconds

the old ai does, not this one.

Ha, I turned the sound off. That's why I missed the explanation.

First for Civ VI being the saviour of 4X

>First
user...

>First for Civ VI being the saviour of 4X
>first for
>post #17
>IP #7
>mentioned game #4
>first

Is there a small 4X that doesn't take an entire week to be understood?

No, there's no video game cure for having a sub-70 IQ,

Poor you.

>playing vs hardest AI
>even with cheats for unlimited resources and no build times, literally can't micro my pop-cap cloud of flying attack robots hard enough to lock down all their constantly building peasants, airfields, towers and anti-air guns

Made me kek

You can just jump into any of them on low difficulties, but for normal or higher and for a complete game you'll need time mate

If you have any Civ V questions I can answer you I guess

No, it's a problem of attention. I can't spend more than 2 hours on a game before getting bored, but all 4X are designed to last for weeks.

And even if I try to play on a small map, I end up missing a lot of the endgame stuff.

That game's AI was just broken.

I'm not the one who takes a week to understand a simple strategy game.

Try it with some music? When I get bored of a game but want to see its end anyway, I listen to some good metal and alt tab while its the other civs turn

Tried that once. Almost killed myself.

I used youtube.com/watch?v=4zLfCnGVeL4

In Civ 5, what are some AIs that I can trust to have my back, so long as I respect their borders? I just had two games in a row where my neighbour declared war on me out of the blue when my army was oversees helping another ally.

civdata.com/
Sort them by their loyalty to see trustable allies
And then deceptive to see who are more likely to backstab
Check out other stats too just in any case I guess

Are there any mods for stellaris yet that unfuck AI friendliness?

particularly things to change shit like border friction, "threat" awareness and other crap?

How the hell do resources work in Distant Worlds?
Regenerating resources? What does the percentage value assigned to resource type mean? What does trading luxuries do?

Similar to Stellaris, Planets have different amounts of resources that you have to build mining stations above to acquire.

>What does the percentage value assigned to resource type mean?
The amount of ressource.
>What does trading luxuries do?
FREEEE MONEEEEEEEY
>Regenerating resources?
It doesn't run out forever.

Amarr Empire here,

My fucking neighbor I just broke vassalization with just went full fucking retard and elected a god damn robutt for their fucking leader.

I'm gonna purge the shit out of these fuckers because the Sentient AI shit is all active and I bet these shitheads enabled it.

fuck forgot my picture

>"our military could crush your nation"
>power check : pathetic
Please don't fix that, Paradox. I like retards.

The annoying part is that I can play Total War games just fine, but with 4X, I always feel alone.

when's this fucking paradix holiday going to end aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh

It's just a video game, it can't fix personal problems.

>end
:^)

Rate my nation

I'd like to thank /pol/ for the concept :^)

>micromanaging 14 planets

kill me

How do any of you get robo-empires going? Short of purging or resettling my own people, it seems like by the time I have the economy to spam robots on my core planets, they're already full.

>there actually is a special message if the first xenos you encounter is a Fallen Empire
Neat. Too bad you'll probably never see this without mods. I only got it because I used a mod to start on a tomb world so the holy guardians next door contacted me almost immediatly to call me a heretical faggot.

>playing animu

Anime powerlevels are far beyond anything Stellaris can ever hope to shit out.

they're already maxed out I don't really care and its not difficult to just upgrade infrastructure

I'm new to this genre. I picked up Stellaris and I didn't know what to expect, however I went with slavery focused empire. I think I've made a mistake because it feels boring as hell.
I'm not even that far into the game and all I keep doing is winning wars and enslaving everyone. I can't even negotiate with anyone because everyone hates me.
I'm thinking of going a pacifist route with my next empire.

>I think I've made a mistake because it feels boring as hell.
no, don't be sorry, having slavery or purge ability is fucking great.

Putting up with unhappy pops and planets that will never fucking like you (ie militarist vs pacifists) is a fucking bane on my empire. I have so many pops that absolutely hate me and I blow a lot on influence just to stop them from rebelling. Slavery is the best way to say "fuck you I don't care about your happiness, get to work" and you get your MAX resources acquired. Otherwise these people are unhappy and they aren't making you as much as you could be.

I made a huge mistake being a materialist instead of a collectivist.

>I think I've made a mistake because it feels boring as hell.
That's just Stellaris in general.

Is there an easy way to check which systems I surveyed? Going through them manually is a pain

The percentage is just the rate at which the resources are extracted by mining equipment. So if a planet has 100% of steel, your mining station will generate it at 100% of it's output potential.

Luxuries give your pops bonuses. Different species require different luxuries for their different bonuses. Some are better than others. The super luxuries give super bonuses.

if they are surveyed, the name on the galactic map is white

if they are not fully surveyed, the name is greyed out

So basically, I should wait for several patches before I play Stellaris?

>So basically, I should wait for several patches before I play Stellaris?
More like several DLCs.

Well, shit, that's years away. That means no Paradox games for me till then, I've played all the other ones to death and HOI 4 is dogshit.

>several DLCs.
>years away
months, not years

I don't trust AI to manage my sectors properly. Why is this shit forced?!

>Why is this shit forced?!
Good question, I guess they underestimated our autism and our capacity for autistic micromanagement.

the workaround is to clear all the tiles and build everything in advance, sector the planet, and lock all the construction options.

or you know just change defines.lua to have your base planet cap at 999

>cheating

is the best strat for primitives as a slaver empire is uplift -> enslave? that way they still get +20% happiness when enslaved?

Also gene mod them to be very strong so your slave mines and armies are more effective.

Wait until Civ 7 or 8.

The 10/10 godtier 4X game will come one day, but not in the current epoch of video gaming. Just hope Civ VI inches in quality over V, which to be fair it does look like it'll do from what has been revealed.

>and HOI 4 is dogs hit

I believe you, but how badly did the botch it in specific?

What was that weird-ass strategy game with 1000 races that looks like shit but is really deep? Can't remember the name

Distant Worlds?

No, it was a fantasy based one. Tons of magic and stuff to research, demi-gods, and a cthulhu race.

Played Distant Worlds last week actually

Not research but activated with gems you create I meant

Cultures?

Ha.

Dominions 4.

There we go, thanks. Wonder if the devs will make a new one

Anyone else write history based on how their civ game played out?

It has its own general, so if you try to talk about it here, you'll be called names.

I do, but only with other people's games. Stories based on my own games usually end badly because of how shit I am.

Dominions 4 is the new one.

spank
blanc

i cant believe spankanon was referenced in the games

Yeah well last time I tried Civ5, Neptune was captured alive by the Handsome Jack.

I can't believe either. I should put that on my CV.

Is there any promising Stellaris overhaul mod?

>mac

when the money stops rolling in

Hi guys,

So, Stellaris bored me and I wanted to start a Distant Worlds game. But I've played a BUNCH of vanilla already. Any recommended mods for it?

is that shit still 60 dolaridoos?

what the fuck is a "blanc"?

Kek. I've played DW since 2010. I paid full price for every update except maybe Universe which I got for free I think? Worth it, IMO, but money is not really a concern to me so YMMV.

Picked up Endless legend during the steam sale, and I have to say it is bretty gud, but not crazy difficult like people were saying.

What is the Hardest race in the game to learn the mechanics? I just won a game as Cultist and I don't think I really had to learn how the game works outside of snowballing creature camps.

Researched Unleashed is pretty good. Has a bunch of new races, ai improvement and lots of new techs

Ah, excellent. Thank you, I'll take a gander at this.

Cultists aren't hard to learn, but can be hard to set up.
I guess Forgotten are pretty hard to learn, as you are stripped from the main yield (Science) without apparent replacement for it.

What's the best support module?

I use remote hull repair. When you amass a huge ass fleet of battleships using it all at once you can go on crusades without ever having to repair.

the other good support is the one that reduces enemy rate of fire by 15%, the shield one doesn't really help much and the best support for fortresses are the Mines

Does the hull repair stacks?
And do the mines scale? What I got from the tooltip was that it caused set damage, becoming useless for anything bigger than a corvette

What is the optimal fleet composition for 1.2

all taychon battleships?

I do full tachyons with the repair unit and nothing but armor.

However I have had AI do a direct hard counter to me with tachyons or missiles and they do shields a long with it. I usually counter this by doing Tachyons with shield defense then point systems on my cruisers

is there any hope for bomber carriers w/ cruisers to protect the carriers?

I can never get a real "carrier" to work in this game. The fighters are so fragile and cruisers die so easily. Point defense systems are pretty wicked at negating any kind of fighter

I wish capital ships were a thing, like a dreadnought or real capital carrier with fighters

there is a mod for that