Post "historical phenomena" that didn't exist

Post "historical phenomena" that didn't exist.

I'll start -- the sexual revolution is imaginary. Sexual ideas had been steadily changing since the 19th century. Free-love communes may not have existed before the 60s, but young people were expected date and have premarital sex in the preceding decades. A woman could be very promiscuous without much difficulty in 1950.

Not true. I'm a very old fart, who was a teenager in the 1950s. It is impossible to exaggerate the culture-changing effect the birth ccontrol pill had.

While fear of pregnancy was not the only inhibiting factor in pre-pill days, it combined with the received socially-conservative culture (Read about the age of Eisenhower) to limit the sexual ambitions and even imaginations of '50s teens. "Coping a feel," "third base" and the like were the extent of what guys could imagine, and "going all the way" was a pipe dream.

That's a bit of an exaggeration, but talk to anyone from that era and they will report that "everything but" was the usual limit.

Meanwhile, you can't imagine the liberating power of the pill (along with the whole cultural shift called The Sixties) on girls, who now were free to admit openly what their older sisters wouldn't admit to themselves - that they were curious about sex and actually enjoyed it when they had it.

That is probably the biggest gap between those born in the 1940s and 1950s - that the younger had far fewer inhibitions about exploring and enjoying their sexuality.

My friend, what are you doing on Veeky Forums?

Veeky Forums transcends the geezer/whippersnapper dichotomy

you are retarded and arrogant top lel

Do you engage in memery?

Although it's tough to imagine, I love the idea of an old guy shitposting away

Also, what other boards do you frequent?

Whoa

Mind sharing details of your life? How did you find this site?

I still don't get why the pill is supposed to be the cause of this. Wasn't contraception in the form of condoms widely available for decades before?

What do you think about the social impact the sexual revolution has had on contemporary culture? About the way perfectly eligible professional males are now being left behind because women have unreasonably high expectations and a degree of freedom that gives them no incentive to look at the average male? Would you say that the sexual revolution had more detrimental than positive consequences?

Sex with condoms feels like shit.

Your manner of typing makes me think this is real

Whoa

If this is real you should do an AMA thread.

Most people here don't really have an older person we can discuss 20th c history with.

You're a 20 year old girl in 1955. You and your boyfriend are curious about sex and very horny. You're about to do it, but he insists he puts a piece of plastic between his dick and your vagina.

How do you feel?

Everything going as planned goy...

Birth certificate or it didn't happen

>tl;dr girls were now free to be sluts

FUCKING BOOMERS REEEEEEEEEE

Also condoms back then were no Sagami 001s, they probably felt like wellington boots.

If you're 20 years old in the 1950's and havent had sex yet, you're doing it way wrong

> degeneracy
This one even seems like from fantasy novel.

Please make a thread about your experiences.
I have questions about Reagan

Fucking boomers