/mcg/ - Minecraft General - Emergency Bote Edition

Previous bread: We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LkLW5j_CMpc
mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/241805-more-shearables
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>OP image doesn't even relate to minecraft
op is a faggot, get your asses to the real thread:

Second for real thread.

Both are empty, so I will just stick here.

Post builds!

Both are dead. It doesn't even matter.

I'd delete the other thread, but that's way more effort than any of you faggots have put forward for the general so fuck it.

fifth for 1.7.10 is a dead version

Don't cry to me, I make meido generals whenever a thread stays dead too long.

sixth for everything after 1.7.10 is garbage

So what you're saying is...we deserve this.

Oh god, you're right. I hate it, but you're right.

Is there an easy way to build up the case around a wild found hungry node. It keeps killing me and also all my stuff. Like, i need heavier boots to build under it.
first for tubes

should've let the general stay dead tbqh

it's nothing but shitposting these days

Thaumic Horizons adds a machine that can turn off the destructive part of hungry nodes.

Either that or just more obsidian around it.

What's in your modpacks?

Not interested in outdated 1.7.10 shit from four years ago.

I've installed all the worthwhile 1.10 mods and found it pretty boring. Vanilla isn't enough to hold my attention anymore I guess.

FINALLY, a 1.8+bro! It's about time someone who isn't living in the dark ages, sucking 1.7.10's dick, started posting in this thread.

Check out my 1.10.2 modpack, I have literally every mod for the version installed. Spoilered so the cavemen don't get triggered.

hivemind

>almost an entire minute apart
learn your memes

kankore?
have we sunk _that_ fucking low?

>faggoty chinese cartoons in the OP
here we go again

Guaranteed to be the same faggot from /egg/ who can't help but shit up FtD discussion with lesbian botes.

>implying this is a new low
shincolle has been a thing for a while now.

There's like 5 of them, I think, I had to scramble for a slightly relevant image.
Had an old /egg/ thread open.

Paaast the point of no return
No backward glances
Our games of make believe are at an end

Paaaast all thought of if or when
No use resisting
Abandon thought and let the dream descend

>weebshit in OP
MOVE TO REAL THREAD

>being triggered
>using the reddit definition of weeb
I mean, I would rather have posted something more relevant, but I'm a shit builder and don't want to take some one else's caps.
What the fuck is wrong with you faggots and freaking out at seeing anything vaguely related to japan?
I never understood that.
It's unnatural to be that disturbed by literal drawings.
Grow a fucking spine.

nobody wants to listen to your autistic "ACKSHUALLY" rant
fuck off back to /a/

I'm not even from /a/ you little shit.
Stop being a fucking nigger.
I'm tired of faggots like you going on autism rants at things like fucking reaction images.

>Either that or just more obsidian around it.
problem im having is that if i even get anywhere near the crater, it sucks me in basically instantly, and from there i can place blocks anymore. Maybe there's a way to place blocks like, 8 blocks away or so? Hmm... maybe with a piston and then equal trade...

holy shit do you even listen to yourself? you're not even arguing with me, you're just sperging about some boogeymen
we're talking about an OP image in a videogame general, not fucking reaction images
and you can call me every buzzword insult on the face of the planet isn't getting me to stop telling you and faggots like you to stop posting your the weebshit you obsess over even when it isn't fucking called for because "muh special sekrit weeb club"

again, fuck off and take your paranoid shitposting to /a/

>ignore site and board culture
faggot

>muh vague unwritten rules that i can
you fuck off, or preferably kill yourself, this is a videogames thread for a non-weeb videogame
generic weebshit has no place in the OPs

>complaining about anime on Veeky Forums

>muh vague unwritten rules that i interpret only in ways that i feel like*

>because "muh special sekrit weeb club"
fuck off

>wanting to use a thread that was made after this one
Fuck off, no one bothers to read the OP so why does the image matter?

Well, at least the shitposting isn't about 1.7.10 versus the more recent versions for a change.

Who the fuck is saying it's a "sekrit club"? They're fucking pictures.

please stop spamming and wasting imageposts unless you're going to contribute to the thread

Why don't you ask ?

>implying minecraft generals ever get near the image limit

>shitposts
>blames others for shitposting

This. Why are summerfags so ignorant of basic thread mechanics?

we will if you bait-biters keep shitting up the thread like this

I'll call that bluff. 1.5 objectively best version

Let's keep ourselves to this thread. It has more posts already. If you need to answer the other thread, use sage, so it goes forgotten.

Next time you're going to create a thread, the OP pic should be Minecraft-related, regardless of weabooness.

ANTI-WEEB: report weeb, ignore, move on.
ANIME POSTERS: report whining, ignore, move on.

>Back to Minecraft
Besides Thaumcraft, does any other relevant content mod made it past 1.7.10?

Thaumcraft doesn't even count since 5 is really lacking and feels half-assed.

Is Azanor backporting new features to TC4, at least?

Hahahahahaha! For free? Nooooo.

>New features
Like what?

>new features

Like the new golem system. You can customize the shit out of them, and give a single golem more than one task (like chopping wood and then storing the items for example)

A reason to have fewer golems is not a feature.

>someone let the /pol/ trigger bot out on another board

golem customization is a new feature, believe it or not

>he went to that much effort to attack 1.8+

literal autism.

>not FLAOT1.png
one job

>empty MultiMC instance
>effort
What are you, some kind of retard who doesn't use MultiMC?

Found the assblasted jealous caveman. Why are you using the computer, caveman? Why don't you go outside and bash rocks together like your good old times, caveman?

Is there something that gives microblocks in 1.8.9+? I've been looking and haven't found anything yet. I want to hide the wires in the walls like I used to.

chisels & bits
literally, LITERALLY, the only reason to play 1.8+

>he went to the effort to create a MultiMC instance

literal autism.

Assblasted is when anyone saying anything remotely negative about 1.7.10 sends you autistic faggots flailing out of your sewers to defend it.

FTB fanboys might want to use 1.7.10, but the rest of us are having a good old time on 1.10.

IMHO the new system is deeper and more flexible. Instead of making specific-purpose golems, you make specific-purpose seals, place them and the golems in the area obey that seal.

Example: youtube.com/watch?v=LkLW5j_CMpc

Also, the new golem customization system is awesome.

No
>more pixels = better
Most probably yes in case of people using texture packs. Especially considering the fact that 16to32 is nowhere near that completely idiotic "hd" "argument"

can you imagine being so autistic you throw a tantrum every time someone posts a screenshot with texture you do not approve? I can. So don't forget to tell that
>taste is subjective
to yourself and that other guy.
You both add nothing to this place except your autistic vitriol and psychotic shrieking that just makes people want to go away, while those anons at least discuss the fucking game and post builds and whatever.
Someone posting his goofy mawpc factory with Sphax x256 > you

Setting up all these chests is starting to turn me a bit batty. through madness know the tube

Honest question: what are those chests and why do I always see them stacked like that.

I know about the hungry chests but that just collects stuff off the ground, right?

No
>more pixels = better
Most probably yes in case of people using texture packs. Especially considering the fact that 16to32 is nowhere near that completely idiotic "hd" "argument"

can you imagine being so autistic you throw a tantrum every time someone posts a screenshot with texture you do not approve? I can. So don't forget to tell that
>taste is subjective
to yourself and that other guy.
You both add nothing to this place except your autistic vitriol and psychotic shrieking that just makes people want to go away, while those anons at least discuss the fucking game and post builds and whatever.
Someone posting his goofy mawpc factory with Sphax x256 > you

>the rest of us
by this you mean you and you alone

>projecting this hard

>while those anons at least discuss the fucking game
We're not reading the same general, are we?

prove me wrong, faggot

Well, anons they're attacking do post screenshots and talk about minecraft, don't they?

Anyway, can someone recommend a simple mod to copy-paste buildings that's really friendly with mods and all. I have a particularly complex and annoying structure i need to copy-paste around the world and i need something to lift that headache. Preferably without the need to build voidlinked redfart transshifters and a little factory around the place where i need or whatever. just define 8 corners, get a schematic, take needed items a plop ready structure where i need?

Automagy Greedy chests. They can take things from adjacent inventories, in a configurable, fancy complicated sort of way. unlike vanilla hoppers they can be configured to *not* take things from inventories above them. They also have vastly higher throughput than hoppers or thaumcraft mirrors.

>About textures and shit
Minecraft is based on 1m^3 blocks. As such, the game "asks" for a certain amount of detail; more than that and it gets cluttered-looking and inconsistent.

In other words, 8x and 16x textures are generally "safe"; beyond that, only vector art works, like Sphax.

why not pipes? If you're going to do that, you might as well use pipes. Far less ugly

>less ugly
thats an opinion i suppose.

Also I like doing as much as possible with as few mods as possible, This is mystcraft, thaumcraft and automagy. Nothing else.

That really depends on how you personally perceive it. Do you really suffer a stroke every time you see a brick wall house irl because of all of the details and grains and shit on a single cubic meter of that shit? It's just a stylistic choice of this game, you just accept that shit and that's it. Having just enough detail to look slightly less like a coloured diarrhea and more like the object it implies it is is not "unsafe". 16 pixels being a limit on how much a meter of thing can have is not based on anything objective absolutely at all ever.

GRAAAAAAG

I don't get it, is that a chisel? Why's the recipe different?

Had to implement a jammer, because the noise was too much. But it's working flawlessly, and the aboveground footprint is only 1x4.

probably ftb infinity expert mode
basically turns every recipe up to eleven in stupid and microcraft

*2x4 - double chests

nah m8, infinity expert doesn't have gregtech
I think it's just vanilla gregtech, and it's honestly not that bad of a recipe

>unrelated weebshit in the OP
>most threads are spend arguing over petty shit
Why even call this a minecraft general anymore?

I just want one diamond! One fucking diamond! I've been digging for hours!

>generic weebshit has no place
>saying this on Veeky Forums

Hey buddy, reddit is two blocks down.

TARTS

Dig more then.

I.E. is supposed to work with 1.8.9 I think. Keeps crashing with me though. Even when it's the only mod loaded. I'd report it but I was feeling lazy that day.

Blood Magic was redone, the additions are pretty neat. There's ender io, but it's mostly just a port.

what mod

applemilktea

>taking shit out of context
you first, fucking moron

Hey, that worked!

are they delicious
are they nutritious
are they saturating

everyone is telling me to go 1.10.2. what mods should I pick?

The ones on 1.7.10 instead

namely the ones on hoboserb

mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/241805-more-shearables
Only an autist could come up with such mod.
Every time I see one, I imagine these animals scream unbelievable pain in-game, during shearing. I want such a mod.

>pushing 1.7.10 on someone not interested like a desperate crack dealer

>food analogies

>make HQM pack based on using cobblestone as currency
>buy armor and other unused mod content
>sell extra drops, ingots, blocks, etc...
>extra utilities compressed cobble for higher notations
>did not consider the logistics of handling billions of cobblestone
>don't understand AE autocrafting (still wish it worked the way it used to), but I'm probably missing something obvious
>AE throws a shitfit when I try to craft more than 10k cobblestone which is useless
>using RFTools Crafters for compression and decompression, works fairly well

Any other tips on handling retarded amounts of cobble? Besides scrapping the whole pack, of course. I wanna try to make this work.