/evog/ - Evolve General

Hunter concepts edition

store.steampowered.com/app/273350/
evolve.wikia.com/wiki/Evolve_Wiki (Mostly outdated)

>What is Evolve (stage 2)?
Evolve uses an asymmetrical structure where five players, four playing as hunters and one as the monster, battle against each other in an industrialized alien planet called Shear.
Stage 2 is the transition to Free To Play + a lot of gameplay changes.

>What's new?
evolveupdates.com/stage2/

>I heard the game was dead?
It was (at least on PC). 100-200 players and little to no updates from the developers. If F2P can bring it back is unknown, but as of right now 18k people are playing it.

>Should I "get" it?
It's free. 18GB. Download and test it out.

>F2P Model?
Every week, four hunters (one of each class) and one monster will be in the free rotation. There are currently 24 Hunters and 7 Monsters in total, though some are variations of others. By playing the character tutorials, you unlock one hunter (Markov) and one monster (The Goliath) to keep forever.

Additional monsters, hunters, perks, and skins are unlocked by earning silver keys. Silver keys are earned by playing the game, leveling up, or getting login bonuses. Currently you can't actually buy silver keys, presumably so they can test the unlock rate, but that's coming later.

There is also a monthly login bonus punch card. You get one punch for each day you log in. Beyond silver keys, this can directly award new Hunters and Skins.

>What if I don't want to grind for characters and perks?
You can buy the game and it to gives your account full founder benefits, which gives you 30k keys and most characters.

>Microtransation?
None as of yet.

>Steam group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/evolvevg

>Perk info(Including how to unlock them)
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=721252371

>Patch info:
talk.turtlerockstudios.com/t/can-we-talk-about-the-balance-in-high-level-play/91716/18

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XihKv8ZWgIg
youtube.com/watch?v=bvj_aGuUHnw
projecttriforce.com/index.php?p=product&id=62
projecttriforce.com/index.php?p=product&id=64
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for Best Medic

youtube.com/watch?v=XihKv8ZWgIg
Wraith match for
It's currently processing. Should be done in 10 minutes or so.

How big do you think vals feet are?

why is behemoth so shit

Tiers according to the official forums

>tfw lost 9/10 games vs stage1 behemoth that hose more armor and life than a stage 3 gorgon

>Rogue Val below Lazarus
What the fuck

This has to be bait

>Laz and Kala in A tier
>TORVALD AND PARNELL IN B TIER
>Hyde and Griffin in fucking C tier

>Pretty much ever tier
How do you want your tier list, pham

Since you apparently cannot unlock evolved claw through leveling monsters, anyone buy it? Is it worth it?

This must be some elaborate joke

So I just hit 18, and I'm starting to see the hunters do better as a team. I am actually getting anxious whenever queuing up as a monster now, so I have to get better. What are some things that I should focus on in higher level monster play to not get shit on by Hanks/Vals healing and shielding each other?

Caira and Kala
>Dr. Kala youre so famous!
>I've read all your books! You're a genius!
>As long as you dont go crazy I'm glad youre on the team

Two games later with Caira and Cabot
>CABOT YOU NEED TO GET KALA OFF THIS SHIP
>SHE IS A MENACE AND IS TURNING INTO A MONSTER THAT WILL DESTROY US
>Uh.. I'll look into it Caira

What a bitch

No Kalas the bitch she brings up the monster shit 247 even to hunters who straight up dont care about it.

Her conversations are just FEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLL SORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYY FOR MEEEEEEEEEEEE

>watching youtubes and streams
>nobody uses minimap and does just fine finding and tracking monster
maybe its just me and I am the shitter? I can't play without one to plan routs and see where my team mates are

If you read her story, Kala has massive guilt complex because people are dying and she could not solve how the monsters work
So she did this to herself

whoever made this had to be trolling

Specifics depend on the monster you play.
In general, be as much of a coward as you can be in stage 1, but take chances where they present themselves.
When you're stage 2 go to an advantageous location to be domed and try to get as many strikes as you can without loosing too much health.
Do not evolve to stage 3 unless the enemy team has at least 4 strikes in total or 1 member is gone with a long respawn timer, they'll camp the relay and you'll be fucked.

It's done.
The trapper wasn't so bright but this is generally how I do stuff.

This seems more like how my games are actually going. You guys shit on laz but I haven't lost with him yet.

I still dont like her or her design

>tfw Bucket is in charge of the menu

its okay
you dont need to

Fuck off hank

>gorgon
>gg

sounds about right

Honestly his strong point is reviving dead bodies, WITHOUT a strike. When you're a monster you don't see an icon anymore for those who died so its easy to lose track of them, and with invis you might never know a revive is going on in a spot. At least thats whats happened to me.

What perks for elder kraken?

Friendly reminder that if you eat a Hunter's body you can prevent Laz from resurrecting.

The 2 nerfs he got were bullshit right next to parnells rage nerf

Thats the most words I seen you say all month, sunshine.

Not really a problem with any monster with aoe or DoTs(all of them). since that shit fucks his cloak.

Also you can just camp bodies until they're dead so Laz has to give a strike to his teammates

The fuck man? You actually enjoy Buckets cooking? I could have sworn the last hunt we had you ate a piece of the fucking monster

They didn't seem very coordinated. You're playing was fine though. Maybe going on the assault during that beach fight was a little iffy but it's hard to tell who's the best target at times.

>you can just camp bodies until they're dead so Laz has to give a strike to his teammates
>Hyde and hank begin laughing deep throaty laughs
Had a dude do this last game when I was hyde. Easiest win of my fucking life.

>griffin worst trapper
>hyde worst assault
>torvald best assault
>Laz best medic
>bucket best support
What the fuck

It's works better with some monsters than others.

God dammit don't remind me. The first time the thing dies and it actually has an unfried brain and Mr. Melty over here has to go and actually EAT it. Now I have a queasy stomach and I STILL don't have a sample.

Unless in the battle you lose track where those bodies are. Has happened to me but I'm learning now. Usually just catches me off guard because I afk at loading and never know what hunters they're running. But yeah, laz basically punishes not paying enough attention to whether all the pieces are still in place on the map.

Definitely a mistake in hindsight but I really hate lennox, so I was hoping I could give her a strike.

Apparently it's pretty good on goliaths. I don't have it too but it seems like a decent Damage Over Time in this video:

youtube.com/watch?v=bvj_aGuUHnw

This is stupid
They just keep fucking nerfing the monsters
You can't even play at level 30 because there is NOBODY playing as the fucking monsters after level 20 because they suck

stop this autism

>lobby somehow created with 4 people
>not even in the character selection screen yet
>still goes in with 4
This fucking stupid shit needs to stop

Claw is fine but it suffers the same thing the other perks do. Theyre not feedingspeed/movespeed and theyre not cooldown.

If the game ever takes a turn towards more stealth gameplay you might not need the feeding speed perk and can afford the silver claws but nothings going to beat cooldown

>Torvald on enemy team
Ehehehehe I wonder why he won ehehehehe

>Monster gets fucking three downs at stage one
>Doesn't fuck off to evolve and lets us trickle in and kill him
the fuck?

This reminds me of this one comic I have like this scientist eats this piece of fruit and he turns into a mutant pretty cool I think I gave it to jack though

Tunnel vision.

because the support went down early.

Sounds like somebody's getting jerky and beans for a week

The JACKAL only requires the defeat of his enemies to have a satisfied appetite

>medic picks emet
>assault picks torvald
>I pick leave lobby again

projecttriforce.com/index.php?p=product&id=62

Yo hold the fucking phone

This game has fucking figures?

Of like 2 monsters and 2 trappers and 1 support?

>Some of the monsters are very clearly balanced around retreating and eating more
>They made it impossible to escape by giving the hunters a planet scanner ever 20 seconds

this game is retarded

>It's not a wraith in a school girl outfit

>No assaults
>only can buy the Goliath

its dead jim

You're clearly supposed to spend most of your time playing as the Hunters

Its where basically all of the effort from the developers goes

Which is odd because playing as a Monster is something you cant really do in any other game, so you'd think they'd give a shit

Planet scanner should stop working after initial contact with the monster. It's nearly impossible to retreat and get away otherwise. You can do it but it's really hard

Overall the game is a 6/10, has some cool ideas but the developers have a really clear bias and it's been there since it came out. Don't expect it to ever be fixed. They'll keep nerfing the monsters and buffing/adding more hunters.

So like the jetpack perk on hunters, what's one gold perk for all monsters that is worth maxing?

If you have 2,200 dollarydoos to literally waste then you can buy this Kraken statue and have it sent to your golden trailer park.

projecttriforce.com/index.php?p=product&id=64

I can imagine Parnell, Abe and Jack sitting on board of their ship in a circle and reading chinese picture books

>Game says wraith turns invisible when she uses her decoy
>she doesn't

what the fuck I always get shot
>use decoy
>it runs off
>hunters go around it and shoot me in the back despite being "invisible"

I'd buy a slutty wraith figure just to hot glue it and post on here.

I could have swore that I used decoy once and I turned invisible for a few seconds but I haven't been able to pull it off since
I think they just straight up took out the ability to turn invisible for wraith and somehow I triggered a 1/1000 bug since the code is still in the game for it

skill cooldown obviously so you can spam more during fights, the other two slots are there to complement your play style

invisible means you turn transparent with a blue glow

its easy as fuck to see

it's almost impossible to lose the hunters once they find you the first time. sure the monsters are quick but the maps are so fucking open and comparatively small that it's not really hard to chase it down. plus they seem to be ovals instead of circles or squares so you can just herd the fucker to one end and corner it.

it's so fucking stacked in the hunter's favor at any stage of the game it's insane. the monster has to take time to feed and evolve, but taking time is a hunter win condition. every monster save goliaths and behemoth cannot afford to get caught stage 1 so they need to sneak, but lmao planet scanner. and even when you're stage 3 and are supposed to be fucking godzilla incarnate, they just camp the shit out of the relay with hank and rval, and unless you got lucky strikes early you're fucked.

I've died trying this

I tried to use Gorgons "Mimic" too

>mimic will explode, dealing damage to the hunters
>it doesnt do any damage to anything
>game says wraith turns invisible when using her decoy
>she doesnt
>behemoths lava bomb will explode and the preview video shows it having a bunch of secondary explosions
>it looks nothing like in the video

What the fuck is Turtle Rock doing?

is this game good?
it seems good

That's because usually they play with a 4 man stack and already have some kind of teamplay / communication

OR their teammates are the ones finding the monster for them

Playing on a solo queue there is no reason to not play with your minimap open during the whole game, it's so much easier to see the "edges" of the map where you can trap the monster.

It's good up until level 20 if you want to play monster, because they're only really viable against noobs

It's good if you like playing hunter

wanna play monsters? yes? then _no

wanna play hunters? yes? then yes

Thats how those abilities used to work but were changed

Wraith used to go invisible but people just went invisible in the dome and by the time you found her again she could just go invisible again

Gorgons mimic does still explode and deal damage to the hunters but if you dont manually detonate it before its destroyed then it wont do fuck all

Behemoths lava bomb being changed to the way it is was just to make it easier/more consistent i think

>Holy shit man what if these monsters were like monster girls in that comic you got Parnell?
>Abe that is the single dumbest thing I heard this week

I think I'm officially done with this game
Even winning as monster isn't fun and playing monster is the only thing I find interesting

It was REALLY fun at first, but they keep fucking nerfing every monster
And hunters have so much god damn content and variety, while monsters have little and are predictable once you're past level 15, making it much harder to win because everyone knows the strategies to beat you

Meanwhile for monster players, you have to know how to counter like 15 different fucking characters

Jesus christ

yeah monster play is sooooo tricky
>run
>eat
>down the medic
>then the support
>then the rest
>run away when dome comes down especially if you can't down anyone

very difficult to master

Read it in their voices.

Wish I didn't lose all my MGQ pics.

>trying to run away as monster
>trying to down Caira or Val first

hurrr durrr

>I don't play monster

If you actually played monster, especially in ranked where people are coordinated, you'd know focus priority and engagement rules change depending on the hunter comp. Always going medic>support>rest is what noob monsters do and how they get rekt by competent hunter teams.

stomping under 20s doesn't make you even remotely decent that's why we have so many salty and shit monster players

Holy shit, why did nobody tell me how good ekraken is?!

I've ended up just muting voice chat from hearing too much bantz from people who are always salty
>Lose: "thanks for wasting our time"
>Win: "dude this guy has x hours played just back out"

>focus medic
>get Griffs harpoon in the anus
>break free
>once again
>break free again
>meanwhile support shields medic
>medic is a full life again
>Griffin is running in circles, I can swear he is laughing like a little faggot
>maybe I focus the support first
>support gets healed by medic
RRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Because hes not that great, regular kraken is better

>b-b-buh I might have to punish a straggler with a pounce or take down support first
>it's so complex!

salty monster shitter

I've had it muted since the betas. I don't need to listen to some underage retard saying snarky shit or whining or trying to bark orders.

The only thing right is EMET and Wraith.

Yeah sounds like your projecting your rage on user. Understandable since you literally cannot carry as 1 person while playing hunters, you have to rely on also having a competent team.
Something tells me though your overly negative opinion is why monsters are becoming less and less first pick.

I miss being level 15 too.

I have a mic just to say stuff like "It's going this way", "I need heals", "We should go to the relay". Really don't want to talk much or be bossy partly because I'm insecure as hell.

This, monster fags are so fucking retarded thinking it's difficult. It couldn't be more braindead straightforward, you just literally can't fucking play the game if you're losing.

Is maggie actually any good? She seems worthless against wraith.

naturally
every shitty monster only player like you misses it :3c

it's the only time when you were winning more than every 3rd or 4th match kek

She's solid. just make sure you have your traps set up 24/7 and you'll be fine. Daisy is also really annoying for the monster because of her revives.

>You must be bad if you're losing as monster
>Meanwhile in the latest tournament some of the best monsters in the world ended up 3-15

Yeah, go get a team to show those shitters how to play monster, they must all be doing something wrong since the original release.

I mostly play Hunter actually.

You can go on thinking you're witty though since you're already used to being a delusional moron.

What if you got a new planet scanner use for every time the monster evolves?

>B-but the official tourney players
Then they suck too, probably why they were playing a shitty dead game like Evolve for tourneys instead of actually popular games that probably take skill to play.

A "competetive" team from a pool of 200 players.

>Daisy
game tells me she leads me to the monster
how do read her behavior? just follow her?