Rimworld

I am making a Rimworld general

Why is the glitterworld tech mod dropbox link down.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HEJ6QymV7-o
rimworldgame.com/
ludeon.com/blog/studio/
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=726641991&searchtext=
kat.cr/rimworld-alpha-14-t12952076.html
virustotal.com/en/file/50eac21ff9087229e423c0344a91f53d9fd1269116df27b64ef1e49b94bedce3/analysis/1468871649/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ded

What the fuck is hay classified as? I'm trying to make a stockpile of the shit in my pasture so the animals will just eat it

ded game
ded general

:(

Plant?

quick, post amazing stories!

youtube.com/watch?v=HEJ6QymV7-o

Post a link to the latest DRM free version.

rimworldgame.com/

:^)

yours for only 30 money

ill rim ur world

Is there a torrent link?

>buy it
I am afraid of buying because I don't usually like this kind of game so I want to try it out.

Last torrent I downloaded had a trojan.

There is one at Thepiratebay, download the Alpha 14 one.

And also, you can always try steam refunds, as long you dont pass the 2 hours of playtime you will get refunded 100% of the times

I want a DRM free one, not a cracked one.

Fucking Randy Random.
What the fuck should I do with all these dogs
I barely have enough food for my own colonists, I just started 3 in-game days ago.

And now you have more food. and perhaps enough Yorkie leather to make a jacket perhaps?

I've managed to survive so far thanks lots of animals to hunt, just making a shitload of kibble since they seem to eat pretty lightly.

I don't know if I should bother keeping them around though. Its a little early in the game to have such a huge amount of livestock.

Can I sell these fuckers?

>Hunter shoots wild boar
>Wild boar goes berserk and attack nearby 16 year old medic
>Fucks her up a little
>Hunter comes in to save her
>Fucking shoots the girls foot off

FUCK

Whelp, looks like she's gettin a Peg leg.

Gotta love randy. He decided that I needed chickens, 6 roosters and 4 hens to be exact. had to slaughter 5/6 of the roosters and segregate the last one from the hens.

Other pseudo-medic gave her a peg leg.
Whats funny is her highest relationship is with the guy that shot her fucking foot off.

Now she's a badass peg-legged 16 year old medic.

One of the Yorkies was mortally wounded by a cobra so I slaughtered it.

I gotta start expanding this piece of shit.

Is there any must have mods? i stopped playing at alpha 9

MAI (awesome helper mod)
Customized Start (I think that's what it's called, allows you to fine-tune your embark)

I would recommend something to fine-tune your starts. I would have said Prepare carefully but the mod dev quit or something.

And personals, I am a big fan of the tilled soil mod. its nothing big but 2X grow rate is nice.

I still have Rimworld ALpha 6 from way back when.

I'll come back when the game has more features.

I'm about to lose my first colony, no-one left except Amelie, a 16 year old engineer, desperately trying to save her father. He had his legs torn to shreds by a frag grenade, the only mercy being that his attacker killed himself in the process.

Amelie was possibly the brightest colonist, but she's not a surgeon and she doesn't have the supplies. Her father will die, but tending to him is the only thing she can do now to keep her mind off the disease that is slowly killing her.

It's my first colony, a first of many, and while it didn't make it very far it is sad to see it go.

Is there any mod that lets me customize my starting colonists that works with alpha 14?

I haven't checked the modding scene for a while. Pray that someone else has taken the mantle for the current version.

>30 dollars
>no tutorials
>le do it yourself le fun
>visual look like shit
i hope the dev kill himself.

Can someone tell me how in depth this game is? Is there plenty of content like in dwarf fortress?

It's still an Alpha but the core is already made so you can still enjoy it a lot despite the current lack of "content"
You don't have Z-level, water exists but isn't used atm, can't make babies and stuff.
On the other hand, you have temperature effect, power management, trading and an endgame goal to achieve amongst other stuff
It's still pretty fun once you get into it, just don"t get the storyteller under anything than rough and avoid the one that isn't Cass or Randy

Alright cool, as long as there's enough content so I can play 40-50 hours. I mean content will come right?

How active is the development? I've known of the game for a while but only checked it out with the Steam release. No Z-level is a shame but liveable, but stuff like no reproduction is kind of glaring.

Can I expect to see important features being frequently reworked, improved, and added?

you can 100% refund games on Steam now if you play less than 2 hours iirc, did that with the disappointing openworld lego game

I think it's the same situation as Stardew Valley, it's one guy on crack who you have to hope doesn't burn out.

You can, there is a lot of replayability, premature death, biomes experience (Try settling in a blizzard, no growing, no heat), optimization, aesthetic base...
Yes content will come, it's still an Alpha ;)
I've been following it around for like a month or two, you can see other people palying for the last 3 years give better input, but from what I see in the forum , the dev is pretty active, it's just that given the current state, major update might need a code's rework bigger than expected.

I've read a dev comment about babies earlier this week, and I agree with his point of you regarding the matter : tl;dr babies might exist, but the growing curve and time flow makes it hard to concieve, you'll see that colonies will usually last 10 years before ending the game.

Az for Z-levels, early ideas are still in debate.

Of course features will be implemented, improved and added, and the game is moddable so it can add mechanics while waiting for official features (I recommend you check mods like Combat realism to give you an idea of what's possible)

It started with one guy, now I think there's more.

>It started with one guy, now I think there's more.
ludeon.com/blog/studio/
One actual developer, the rest are just people he knows which lend a hand.

>Start with 3 colonists
>One guy joins
>Manage to knock out a raider and convert her
>Every subsequent raider attack results in every raider dying
I NEED MORE COLONISTS FUCK

>cant save colonists settings
>cant select an option to choose your own colonists
I just want to make them all great soldiers and shit everything else to RP god dammit.

>cassowary self tames
>niggas no good if he cant haul things
>has asthma
>best doctor is 12/20
Cassowary 1 has died in surgery

gud game worth the 103 mb pirate

Looks like it might be neat- not gonna bother with it till it is "released" though. I just have way to many other games to play atm.

just bought it yesterday

worth it?

Yes, especially in due time.

Alright niggas, if you got steam, go download this niggas map and play it under his instructions(listed in there)

Shit is hard, but it helps that he gives the modifiers for faster moving/working right off the bat, so your dudes don't all freeze to death within the first day.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=726641991&searchtext=

A link would help I guess

>over half villagers are colored females
>females literally never get turned down
>only males initiate romance
>every male has 4x rejection debuffs
dev is a cuck

This
Just lost my first colony due to all my males going beserk due to rejections

Also 3 of the females wouldnt perform any worthwhile tasks so that was fun too, should've sold them as slaves desu

Ooooh, is that how you're supposed to refrigerate things?
How cold are you supposed to set it?

Set it some below freezing, keep in mind opening the door will periodically let some heat in. There's no downside to freezing food outside of the used power and it lasts forever.

Thanks! I always assumed that I would eventually get some kind of power/technology for that explicit purpose, but that makes a lot more sense.
By the way, is there a cap to how many colonists you can have?

Anyone playing as lost tribe? My first try just got destroyed by a lack of food and a rather big raid early on, since bows and clubs don't stack up all that well against grenades and rifles

Using an airlock system with two doors helps keep the temperatures stable for those who didn't know

>playing in a warm forest
>everything going extremely well
>warm temperatures over the entire year
>don't even bother making winter clothing since there's no winter

Then the cold snap event happened

all of my colonists died within minutes

what the fuck

I'm fairly sure that closing and opening doors does not affect the room's temperature, since I've been using an airlock system with both doors permanently opened in my corpse storage and walk-in fridge. However temperature does radiate across walls, so double wall your fridges.

I have not played A14 yet, so what I said might have been fixed since A13.

It does in A14, when someone goes into my freezer my food goes from frozen to spoils in 1 season or whatever, then when the door is left closed for a while it goes back to frozen.

>playing on the ice sheet biome
>No trees, no animals
>Doing pretty well because this time I decided to build a home around a steel deposit
>Got hydroponics going just in time
>A wanderer has joined
>Oka-
>A wanderer has joined
>A wandered has joined
>Mfw
>The second wanderer can only do research because he literally cannot do skilled or dumb labor
>Wanderer after can't do social and a few other things
>Barely have enough food to survive with three people

This fucking game. When I played in a jungle biome I had barely any raids and one person joined me. I had food out my ass and actually had to capture someone to get colonists. Fuck you classic Cassandra

I'm actually running a Lost Tribe run right now. "Challenge" difficulty and I haven't lost a single unit.
HOWEVER I'm playing on a mountainous region. My strategy is as follows
>RAID! Draft all villagers
>Set up my ranged units behind sandbags at a choke point between two mountains
>Split the melee force into two, go around the mountain(s) and pinscher attack
>AND THE ZERGLINGS GOT THE SURROUND
That's pretty much it. Melee units are actually really strong IF you can get into melee range.
Grenades suck, but you can micromanage your units to dodge them.
Rifles get demolished by proper melee [s]gorilla[/s] warfare, you need to watch out for pdw's and shotguns

Sorry for longpost :^)

I get that more villagers = bad for food, but does it matter if a villager is autistic and can't into social, like the 3rd one you mentioned?
I figured that you only needed one social butterfly for trading and wardening

He had a couple of other things he couldn't do as well. Basically when you on the brink of starvation the only people you want in your colony are god tier people that you are willing to take a chance on. Autismo isn't necessarily a bad colonist but he's not good enough for me to be okay with him there when everyone is about to starve to death.

If I were to start over, I'd make rooms smaller so I don't waste so much energy on lights

I shut most of them off now and it's fine, but I didn't realize every light is 150W (when a Heater is 100W)

My problem was solved.
I slaughtered 3 of them fot food and to make Yorkie hats.
3 were killed by Cobras
One was accidentally shot to death by my hunter and the last one was shived to death by a tribal raider.
Yay?

When that happens, drop everything you're doing and make a fire place in a reasonably sized room and force everyone to it.

14b torrent when

kat.cr/rimworld-alpha-14-t12952076.html

>our only hauler and plant cutter died

and also cleaner

Yeeeah no, this is the one with the trojan, congratulations for linking malware

kill yourself your fucking inept sack of shit

Apparently the latest version was bugged and didn't spawn any events, there's a new unstable version out now

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah.... No....

>being this dumb

what are some good mods out there? anything wth breeding? Shocked animals can breed but humans can't even with shit like marriage

My first game while I was learning things I had nobody who could haul or clean. I thought I have to research these at first.

checkout the nexus though im sure they're mostl active at the forums

>People who refuse to haul even in life or death scenarios

Really wish if it was absolutely necessary some people could do dumb labor. I get being a lazy fuck if other people are there to do it but if you stranded on a frozen hellscape maybe you should haul some shit.

Anyone have a hash for the legit installer?

virustotal.com/en/file/50eac21ff9087229e423c0344a91f53d9fd1269116df27b64ef1e49b94bedce3/analysis/1468871649/

Looking clean BOYS

Installan'

>Huge dyke hag joins the colony
>Hates men
>Constantly insults all of them
>Constantly has psychotic breakdowns because of interrupted sleep or living space not being up to snuff
>Constantly wandering outside of base stripping away her clothes for 2-3 days straight

I swear, first opportunity I get, I'm selling her.

Or maybe I should remove all her organs and sell them/hold on to them for a rainy day.

You have to be merciless when it comes to surviving on the ice sheet. Euthanise them if they're no good and you can't sustain them. Feed their corpse to your pet if you haven't already killed that useless drain of resources.

Selling her wouldn't be a bad idea, nor would organ harvesting.

78th for lewd robots

>Euthanise them if they're no good and you can't sustain them. Feed their corpse to your pet if you haven't already killed that useless drain of resources.
The funniest part about all of this edge is that it's true

My first few attempts at an Ice sheet all failed because of no food, or I couldn't get indoor farming set up quickly enough. So I quickly learned to slaughter the pet asap and then euthanize anyone that wasn't useful and raiders. Turn their corpse into delicious paste to survive 1 more day.

Holy shit, I didnt know you can keep playing after you send the whole original crew into space...

How big are your personal rooms? I've been doing 5x5 basically every time, and never wondered if its optimal.
Except that one time I had everyone sleep in a cave for days and they all went mad.

I play Randy olmost exclusivelly now, but I cant still tell the real major difference between the storytellers... mayb e I just need to play moore :/

Fuck off, the visuals are nice and you knew what you should know what you are comming into when the game is still in Alpha...

One of the big benefits of Randy is that events happen way more often, both good and bad. I find it makes it more interesting.

Wood floors best floors
Even after months of playing it still triggers my autism that floor with nicest and comfyest textures has got neutral beauty while scraping off some cave bottom should be the most gorgerous surface ever...

The smallest optimal room is 6x6 vith only one bed or doublebed and NOTHING else... but the cramped debuff is not the serious... there rooms are 4x5 and I usually make the even smaller...
Post your colony too, I always like to see the other ones!!

This. Randy is best.
Also if I remember reading correctly, it stops the colonist population cap?

Although I find that you tend to get new colonists wayyyyyy to fast sometimes.

>Random tortoise goes mad during tribal raid
>Both end up at my front door at the same time
>1st raider loses a hand to the turtle before mortally wounding it
>Shoot him to death as he approaches the door and finish of his retreating buddy

Thanks, Turtle.

ahh, I guess thet makes sence, In the late game I was geting pounded by pirates and mechs almost twice a day, while being shovered by pods with uselles shit like beaver skin or milk... still fun tho

>A WILD TORTOISE HAS GONE BESERK

Should have tamed her, name her and grind her into the kibble when she starts plunders your precious devilstrand

I still don't get the room beauty mechanics, but I know that having natural cave walls provides negative beauty.

Looks, cozy... cramped debuff is bullshit, with it I cannot justify those cute tiny bedrooms and workshops...

nice furniture, carpets and nothing else = pretty
room full of puke, shit and a single rotting injun = not pretty

No, I mean how they all factor together and make a room considered pretty.

>Also if I remember reading correctly, it stops the colonist population cap?

Yeah. Cassandra will stop giving you new colonist events once you reach a certain population. Randy doesn't give a fuck, here have 3 new colonists.

oh... so nicky is a Tranny...

Also sounds like she's borderline useless for anything other than being shut into a room with crafting tools.

Considering the tech available in the game, I wouldn't be surprised if a core world could just make a proper complete female body, sculptured to perfection.

Does anyone know if the threats scale with number of colonist in Randy Challenge mode?
Ill try to keep playingn, but I dont give her high chances of deffending the old base with just a sword and a few turrets when the cattepilars come...