Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

carsales.com.au/private/details/Mazda-MX-5-1991/SSE-AD-3719230/?Cr=13
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

user where is your 10mm socket?

>Lose your pop-ups edition

fixed headlights a best

>Not having three 10mm sockets for miata wrenching

I spied with my little eye something beginning with corroded and now leaking rear brake lines.

What's the best way to go about repairing it? Just buy the pipe, the unions, a bender and flaring do-da or take it too a shop? If the former what type of pipe do you recommend?

What are some of the differences between the NA and the NB?

fucking 10mm is everywhere, even on my bmw
i really should get several 10mm sockets

>tfw got set of tires for cheap
>tfw when the tires are slightly too big (205/50/15)
>tfw scraping noises when turning tight worse when there's a change in elevation
Should i buy another set of tires or will this stop once the tires wear down a bit?

NB is a direct upgrade including handling (also looks better)

>looks better
those popups tho mang
NB looks like a smaller, softer FD rx7 though, which is itself a very pretty car

>3 grand and it starts spanking stock mustang GTs while being far more fun to drive
k

if youre legit asking for help then just take it to a shop

I'm sure you have lots of fun stomping on the throttle of your maxima and going in a straight line.

I went to my first meet last night!

rebuilding buddy's 1.8 because of a spun bearing.
i read the head studs are not torque to yield and that you can reuse them.
should we reuse them or just go ahead and get new ones? i ask because the FM 1.8 rebuild kit doesnt come with them

does anybody know what headlights these are?

If you have time to kill and not alot of money go ahead and make the new ones yourself.

I always thought it looked like a baby Viper.

I don't even own a miata, I drive a 280zx.

it can, actually

so hard to find a hard top bros.

Hold me.

B6 blease stob :(

paid 1200 fur mine shit was hard to find, it's super nice though.

I'm a 6'2" athletic male and I want a Miata

Will I fit?

B)

No normies not allowed

You will
The seats in miatas are basically on the floor
getting in and out might be a bitch though

Same here my nigga. I fit fine in my friends Miata. He's 6'1.

I'm 6'2" and fit.

Also, I took out the sun visor and sometimes I have to bend my head down to see the light. If you wear a hat then you have to wear it backwards or the bill will always that the window when you look to see if someone is coming to enter traffic or change lanes.

yes but for comfort you might want to do the seat foam reduction mod, so you sit a little lower in the seat.

Halp
I just drove around and it happened a few times it sounds really bad
Does anyone have experience with 205/50/15 tires on their miata?

If it's scraping, either take a page out of the stancefag book and camber+roll fenders+remove mudguard, or if you aren't retarded, sell off the tires and buy correct sized ones.

ree

Sounds good, thanks guys

Thanks for the tip my man

Post your miata

I'm 6'1", but my knees are almost always in contact with the steering wheel. I'm guessing my only options are to either: Get a smaller, removable wheel or get lower seats? Damnit.

foamectomy should take care of that. I assume your seat is all the way back

you're**

Yes my seat is all the way back. I also neglected to mention that my head immediately makes contact with the rollbar should I get rearended, so I think I have no choice but to get new seats that aren't miserably uncomfortable but can work for the autocross events. Been looking at Kirkey seats.

'95 - 219k miles

Torsen / catless / intake / exhaust / sways

I think NB miata seats have higher backs and they bolt right in. that could be an option

getting these enkeis powdercoated this week hopefully. they're 15x7 +38 and roughly 15 pounds a wheel so not too bad. i got them for a deal so I can't complain.

hopefully I'll be wrapping them in some bfg rivals once they're cleaned up :)

those are NB wheels right? 15"?

>Getting uggo fixed lights instead of fancy, expensive JDM-tyte fixed lights
>Not keeping kawaii uguu~ pop-up headlights

>Jetstream low profile headlights
So much want, the poor visibility and cutting into my front bumper is totally justifiable by how great it looks.

15x7 6uls still aren't available, so I'm ordering these babies next week. A pound heavier, but a little cheaper and still lighter than stock, which is impressively light to begin with.

Getting some S.Drives put on them.

Yeah, the 15x6" '99-'02 Sport wheels (13.1 lb).

My stock wheels are the 14x6" hollow-spoked wheels which are 10.8 lbs (!). I keep them in my storage unit.

6uls are ugly as fuck anyways, I hate wheels where you can see all the nasty road grime and rusty brake/strut shit behind them.
Much rather look at a clean ass wheel.

>using anything besides 15x9 6ULs with 225/45/15
>being a cuck
Pick two

Gross

carsales.com.au/private/details/Mazda-MX-5-1991/SSE-AD-3719230/?Cr=13
>kill me

anyone?

Shit, forgot image.

>bronze wheels on black
>chin spoiler
>sleepy eyes
only thing better would be BRG/10

That looks like shit, famalam.

yeppp I've got some hollow spokes too :) I'm actually trying to sell a set

20/10 if you count the Jeep

I think I've seen that miata on reddit

yeesh

is that a fucking bentley knock off logo

>225
why not 245s on 15x10s like a real man?

***disclaimer this is not my car or wheel setup I actually run 205s***

:O looks like my wheels!

my other set are the same color as yours too, weird. the honda ones look better tho desu

Faggot ones

>tfw your miata waits patiently for you to rebuild the engine, watching you get in another car every morning
>tfw I don't have time right now

ok so it ls like if you turbo an OBD2 car in massachusetts, to pass inspection all you need to do is;
>wire the wastegate wide open
>replace the injectors with stock injectors,
>replace the MSPNP with the stock ecu
>have a Cat installed
>put the stock MAF back on
>drive around for about a hundred miles to read all the emissions tests
that's it
with that you can turbo any year miata with a megasquirt ecu replacement

I have a jdm import engine that I'm getting ready to install. The crank turns fine but it hasn't been run in at least a year. Do I need to prime the oil pump before I try to start it?

reporting in

oh fuck yeah, that's what i was looking for, frees me up to get a 96/97 NA or any NB

don't forget egr and evap systems need to be intact

are those normally deleted in a turbo build and need to be added back?

N
o
i
c
e

205/50/15 fit no problem at all on my NB, do you have an NA?

wheel offset tho

there's no stupid question thread so I'll ask here
>brakes squishy post trackday bro
>told I need to bleed brakes
>never done so before
do I need to bleed all 4 brakes or just 1?

bleeding the brakes means bleeding the entire system of fluid, and thus air, go look up miata brake bleed tutorial videos

When I was bleeding the brakes, all I did was grab a 8mm wrench,a big size bottle of dot 3 brake fluid and opened the bleeder valve on the caliper and had my uncle press the brake pedal 10 times to gets the old brake fluid and air bubbles. you do this on all 4 as well user. You can try the small tube in a bottle method as well but its up to you.

The look way better and less faggy.

The irony of your shit post.

>The look way better
Not really

>try hard square lights better than the innocent round lights
nah

innocent like your little asshole before it gets reamed out?
xaxa faggot

yeah I think so

gtfo newtrip

>newtrip
xaxa faggot

yes. Fill the oil pump with Vaseline.

Wrong

>innocent round lights

What are you some rapist who takes boy child virginities?

Better also put sugar in the gas tank and fill the tires with carbon dioxide. Only after he hooks a copper wire to each batter lead so it charges itself.

>What are you some rapist who takes boy child virginities?
if you count less than 10 year old Mustang/Camaro/Challenger booty on technical circuits that then consider me guilty

You're trolling, but that's a serious thing. Vaseline is petroleum based so it won't hurt the oil, but it can still draw oil through it because it's oil-soluble. Helps make sure the oil pump isn't damaged on start-up. Because if you put oil in there it'll just run back down into the oil pan, you gormless twit

Very nice, user. I'm interested in buying a set. How much would you sell yours for?

well here's the thing, tires have meat on them but they're getting up there in age and starting to crack. honeslty i should probably dismount them and throw them away. I was asking 150 but nobody bit so maybe 120 for all. I'm not shipping them tho

The "I'm a faggot and live a miserable life" ones

Where are you located? I'd buy them in a hot second.

>NA in Mariner Blue in my area for $4000
fugg I hope nobody snatches it up between now and when I go home for summer break in a month

Seattle Washington area

The guy with that Miata claimed his visibility hasn't been worsened by that modification. Dunno how correct he is though. Wonder if anyone's taken before/after comparison shots with the OEM lights and aftermarket lights. Would be nice.

The Miata's '94-'97 wheels were manufactured by Enkei, IIRC. I wouldn't be surprised if those Honda wheels were, too, hence the similarity.
KEKED.
>Tfw want that cluster so fucking bad but definitely not worth it
When I get the tools for it, I'm going to try making my own cluster. Already bought a sheet of aluminum. Need to get some lights - seen them available on eBay. Dunno where I'll get those rings though.

I've tried searching for a comparison pic but had no luck with that. One guy that attends the weekly Miata meet just got a pair mounted so I'll check it out myself.

>Last week
>Get sticky front tyres
>Omg my grey matter
>This week get SNC issue fixed, runs fucking beautifully, feels like an extra 50% power under 4krpm
>Take a long drive home today, about 150km
>Starts to miss a tiny bit
>Starts to miss a bit more
>Starts to miss with more than a cracked open throttle

So, Veeky Forums. What should I start checking tomorrow?
I'll get a multimeter for the leads, check the plugs (prolly just get new ones anyway), smack the injectors around.
Might check the fuel filter, too. The fuel in that tank has probably never been treated so harshly since my new tyres.

Thoughts?

might as well test the ignition coils. there is a resistance spec out there somewhere