/evog/ - Evolve General

store.steampowered.com/app/273350/
evolve.wikia.com/wiki/Evolve_Wiki (Mostly outdated)

>What is Evolve (stage 2)?
Evolve uses an asymmetrical structure where five players, four playing as hunters and one as the monster, battle against each other in an industrialized alien planet called Shear.
Stage 2 is the transition to Free To Play + a lot of gameplay changes.

>What's new?
evolveupdates.com/stage2/

>I heard the game was dead?
It was (at least on PC). 100-200 players and little to no updates from the developers. If F2P can bring it back is unknown, but as of right now 18k people are playing it.

>Should I "get" it?
It's free. 18GB. Download and test it out.

>F2P Model?
Every week, four hunters (one of each class) and one monster will be in the free rotation. There are currently 24 Hunters and 7 Monsters in total, though some are variations of others. By playing the character tutorials, you unlock one hunter (Markov) and one monster (The Goliath) to keep forever.

Additional monsters, hunters, perks, and skins are unlocked by earning silver keys. Silver keys are earned by playing the game, leveling up, or getting login bonuses. Currently you can't actually buy silver keys, presumably so they can test the unlock rate, but that's coming later.

There is also a monthly login bonus punch card. You get one punch for each day you log in. Beyond silver keys, this can directly award new Hunters and Skins.

>What if I don't want to grind for characters and perks?
You can buy the game and it to gives your account full founder benefits, which gives you 30k keys and most characters.

>Microtransation?
None as of yet.

>Steam group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/evolvevg

>Perk info(Including how to unlock them)
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=721252371

>Patch info:
talk.turtlerockstudios.com/t/can-we-talk-about-the-balance-in-high-level-play/91716/18

Old thread :

First for Lennox a cute

First for Jack's Repulsor being the most annoying thing on the fucking planet

3rd for Best Medic

no, Jacks comments are

Playing the monster is disgusting, playing against hunters this bad is so fucking boring.

When do they actually get better than bots?

is there even a point in playing monster when hunters are just over all better?

6th for /evog/ endorsed tier list

Crow > Griffin

Around lvl 20/25 or so. Incidentally that's also when Goliath stops being fun

Is there any trapper that is good against Kraken?

>Around lvl 20/25 or so
Please no, I don't think I can last that long.

Crow, easy to snipe.

I think Slim is a little underrated.
He's probably still low tier, but he's not completely worthless if you have max reload and a good sunny or hank to keep you alive.
If you can actually hit most pellets consistently you get to healing burst ridiculously often, to the point where focusing anyone other than Slim basically doesn't work, and while his self healing is really reduced it still enough that you can regain most of your health in the duration of a Hank shield or while dodging with Sunny's jetpack boost.

I think his main problem is that if you or your support fuck up just once, fail to dodge a rock or break LoS or something, you're going to die and there's nothing you can do about it. And that there's just no reason to pick him over Caira/[Rogue]Val, but that's more that they're just the best than that he is shit.

He's really fun to play, its just a shame that he isn't really worth it.
If it were up to me, I'd replace the spore cloud with something useful rather than fix his weak self healing.
Maybe a short duration personal version of the jetpack boost. It would make sense, given that he has wings, to be better at aerial mobility than the other hunters and doesn't give him infinite sustain.

Kraken is a big target for harpoons a lot of the time, and being harpooned drags kraken down faster, so pretty much Griffin for everything. Maggie is also decent since her traps seem to work regardless of height and most krakens don't bother with paying attention to traps.

anyone who says he is shit is awful at playing medic, he is literally assault medic

>playing Wraith
>Abe is the Trapper
>sweating.jpeg
>Lazarus is the medic
pic related

Why do people keep picking Lazarus anyway?

Loli monster when?

Friendly reminder that eating the corpse of a hunter will prevent Lazarus from resurrecting.

he is not, his dmg is shit
he is b8-medic for monster to focus him

Reminder that evolve is trash

jack's comment when the monster evolves and he blames himself for being a bad trapper is nice

perks make up for a few of his issues hes fine dude

WTF IS THIS SHIT LIST HOLY SHIT THE MONSTER TIER LIST KILL ME

What would you change?

>90% of my loses are because of a retarded assault with 200+ ping
This shit right here will kill the game

I think Parnell is underrated.
He doesn't have the most DPS, but it is very consistent. Unlike many others, he can still do some damage with his primary at a distance.
He works best when you alternate between his weapons. If you time it with his ability right, he will do tons of damage.

anyone who says he is shit is awful at playing a real assault hunter, literally huge damage

Pretty new to the game. lvel 15 so far i only enjoy playing as the monster. I bought Gorgon and my current record is 15-0 he's fun a little strong maybe .Any tips on how to be even better? what are his counters and who does he counter.

Does it matter who Gorgon counters? You can't see the enemy team until everybody's locked in

How do I pounce? How do I win as wraith?

>he
>his

That spider has a vajayjay, user

Crouch and look for a red circle to appear under a hunter or wildlife. Land the jump and you get a sneak attack.

Quick I'm against slim kala maggie and markov who do I focus quick quick quick I want to win!!!!!

Focus slim, he has no proper support so he'll go down like a wet piece of paper.

focus the wildlife. stage 3 = ez gg

Daisy

slim then fuck kala.

slim but kala can destroy your shield without effort

>Wallpounce is currently broken, don't try it
>don't underestimate web, it gets a huge radius when you level it, deals a ton of damage, forces people like floating medics to land
>always have a spider out, it's cool down is stupid short, just don't cancel your spiders by mistake if they're going for/have someone
>mimic is super situational, try it a few times and see if you can make it work, but typically most people ignore it or only put one point in during the later stages
>heavy melee attack has a radius, keep track of when she uses it so you can nail as many people as possible with her wide web whip
>acid can be used to destroy traps, turrets, shield drones etc without wasting too much time focusing on them
>web and spider force hunters to take most of your acid, try to combo as much as you can

Dont forget
E kraken > kraken

hit q to ping as a hunter guys if you see something ping something

I do pretty much all of that. stage 1 i get all 4 points stage 2 i get acid web and spider stage 3 i get web and acid maxed. i only use decoy to finish someone off or if i'm in the dome. as soon as the round starts i put a spider where the trappers land it gets someone 75% of the time. justs to spook them. i always leave a spider out somewhere to track there movements. almost constantly have the minimap up watching it. i'm usually pretty good at hitting stage 2 before being found.

>Queue Hunter
>Randoms around my level, everybody has fun
>Queue Monster
>People 15+ levels ahead of me that work together like a slick military unit
So I'm guessing that's why nobody wants to play monster?

>hanks shield burst decays so slowly on himself that you can just spam it and start every fight with full shields
Holy fuck TRS

I won thanks guys, my first win as wraith.

That's just the beginning.

SUNNY
VAL
GRIFFIN
BLITZ MARKOV
Learn these names well you ever see this team just quit,

just dodge until you see Kala or Slim in the enemy team.

Who else can sneak around the hunters in spite of the planet scanner? My years playing metal gear solid have not gone to waste

no it won't

>they will defend this
>monsters dont need a buff

reminder that you're a shitter who complains about the monster being overpowered

Why does everyone say Abe is good? His mines do jack shit.

Remember guys don't dome at the relay until the monster is low on armor and tries to leave!
>monster comes
>some idiot immediately domes
>monster slithers away with low armor and some chipped health

>This happens twice
Being a hunter is suffering

HELLO

Try playing any other monster except wraith against abe. His mines are good and have a huge range.

He also does a bunch of damage if he's up close.

I want to fuck a wraith.
Post some high quality wraith pictures.

I'm against rval, sunmny, abe, and markov as wraith who do I focus?

A monster can easily circumvent the stasis with jumps and abilities.
It's most useful when the monster is trying to get away, but Crow does it much more effectively by not relying on the monster to stay at the mines.

Here's a sum-up of my match of the day
>Enemy get monster, instaleave
>Enemy get monster, leave at the end of the timer
>Enemy get monster, wait for us at spawn with eKraken, lose in 1m
Then I get monster and I dont want to be a fag so I just pick meteor goliath
Fucking enemy team is Rval, Tech hank, Maggie, Lennox.

Won by playing full tryhard, juking every planet scanner and only getting domed once before L3.
In insight I regret not trashtalking them.

>post yfw you need to level Jack up to 28 because his gold perks are so goat

Abe can easily just throw another mine. If you're forcing the monster to waste more transversals than he would otherwise be using then you're doing your job.

Don't forget that crow also needs to actually be able to see the monster to slow it.

Both trappers are different and both are good. Plus tracking dart is the most useful out of all the tracking abilities.

What are the best perks for Wraith?

I'm so sorry user, instead of having a fun game four people have deiced to try hard and fuck you.

Ded game

kill the drone, hard focus val.

Caira gets gold jetpack regen at 28 so that's what I'm grinding for. Reload perks on her are amazing.

They don't need a buff because the people who are playing right now only do it because it's f2p and couldn't care less about "high-level" play where everything is Sunny/Val/Griffin/BMarkov.

These balance issues happened in Natural Selection 2 too: skilled humans would wipe the floor with the aliens but if humans were shit then they'd just get destroyed.
And Evolve has it easier on the monsters because one retard can fuck the hunter team over, and those are extremely common right now, especially with Slim as the free medic (who thought that would be a good idea?).

If monsters get buffed then new players will get put off even more and the game will die faster.

I kind of feel like evolve would be better with two monsters and the whole plot is to prevent them from evolving to their third state and then mating together and the game fails for the hunters if the female monster lays eggs...pretty much dooming the planet.

Elder Kraken is better than Kraken but doesn't belong in insane. Wraith should take Kraken's place and Kraken should move down to decent, with elder kraken in fantastic. Goliath belongs in decent and M. Goliath could fit in fantastic.

Just finished that game somebody hardcore hacked me. I had infinite speed boosts as wraith and couldn't attack or move or do anything whenever I was domed.

>natural selection 2
>tfw you just sit on top of the armory and the aliens can't fucking touch you

>match up
>Level 1 Slim
>leave
>repeat
It's like they want people to play monster only.

You just want that so you can see the wraith fuck the goliath.

>not wraith (male) and female behemoth

his mines are a large bubble that covers a small area both ground and flying that slows the monster and can have 3 of them and place where he wants

slowing a monster tracking dart and a good shotgun, hes one of the best

>unironically using google translate

Of course you'd like that, and what are you supposing the animation would look like?

i just have a terrible education

Crow would be into some weird shit wouldn't he?

he probably uses gobi as a fleshlight.

well he's buddies with slim

Tengri wills it

We talking buddies like Hyde and lazuras

Because he can become invisible...

bump

Emet has a weird fixation of fucking monster in the ass and blowing himself up.

40% damage reduction.

>Buy RVal
>Literally cant lose
I don't even need to play the game, the bot does good enough 99% of the time.

Movement speed/feeding speed/damage resistance

What about cooldown reduction?

what about it?

CDR is good on every monster

Just played as slim vs wraith and won, but boy did he squirm for a win.

Holy fuck I can't stand healing Torvald. I am not sure if its a bug or not but he will ask you to always heal him but when you do heal him he will say he is fine over and over. It's bad enough I know will probably lose because he can't do shit for damage.

Why don't games just refuse to start if there's a leaver?

Playing with an AI is the worst thing ever, Jesus Christ.

Sorry healslut, Torvald lost his penis

so do you really get the same XP regardless of game length and win/loss? I'm considering taking a massive w/l rate hit just to get the perks from goliath.