/rlg/ - Roguelike General

Alex Smith and Patric Mueller have joined the Nethack dev team: nethack.org/#News
Expect great things when the next release comes out in 2032.

Pochengband 5.0.0 Comp (Until July 28):
Sexy Draconian Monk
angband.oook.cz/competition.php

>FAQ and What to Play
FAQ: pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34
What to Play?: pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Webterminal
Rogue Nexus – Cataclysm online with shared map and tons of other roguelikes in a simple online package! (USA Only)
roguenex.us

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/SgMJ7Xwh

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/poschengband/poschengband/blob/master/lib/edit/s_info.txt#L1003
youtube.com/user/jakatak69/videos
youtube.com/watch?v=QZ_a8VXhiSc
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for UI design

I look at it kinda like sorcerers are really just winging it, so the more charismatic you are the better you can pull that off.

pretty sure it's just "d&d sorcerors use charisma so pcb sorcerors will too even though they're not really similar at all"

in d&d sorcerors casting using force of will makes more sense because they're basically using magic that's inherent in their bloodline, as opposed to wizards who master magic through study and reading and spellbooks

but in pcb sorcs are just "the best at reading spellbooks"

d&d does have a willpower saving throw for attempting to resist shit like illusions or mind control type spells, but it's based on your wisdom, not your charisma

I know the ways in which it will get much worse, but right now this isn't that bad. Some scary turns in there though....+0 speed and -42 AC (I got a ring of protection [+8] for warg quest whoo)

First for Chei

so what would be the worst possible thing this enemy could do?

>Wouldn't that be some sort of Willpower stat then?

That would be too original. Roguelike players expect the same statline as in D&D, and they get confused and angry when game developers try to do things differently.

In terms of direct damage, if you have more than 600 hp and have low saving throw, invoke the hand of doom
in all other cases, cast a manastorm

Though some, like fire a rocket or breathe disintegration, are pretty bad.

Overall worst is summon cyberdemons, greater undead, lords of amber, or uniques because they do lots of horrible damage themselves and many also summon.

teleporting you off the level when you're about to kill it
>it gestures at your feet
>you rise through the ceiling

time stop -> mana stormx3 = you are dead, no saving throw

i had a giggle

>there is not even a single roguelike game that has enemies with multiple abilities which they use intelligently

well, yes and no
in angband, monsters with the "casts intelligently" property won't use a spell of an element they've seen you resist

also in poscheng if you're getting a monster angry (by damaging it from range, for example) it forgets its less powerful spells

I wonder what Lindsay things of DCSS. I bet she never expected Crawl to get so big.

do you guys talk about rimworld here? im just starting it out.

Maybe sorcerers are persuading the magic to do what they say.

So what's the lategame weapon for rogues/ninjas in PCB? There are a few obvious ones for some classes but I can't really think of any here. Maybe Assassinator? Aglarang doesn't look too amazing for later monsters.

>she

rofl

generally silver chariot in one hand and the dragon fang of ancalagon in the other, as far as standarts go. There are other things that work but that's a classic. Silver chariot was nerfed (kindof hard, it went from 3d6 to 2d6 in a weapon that gives +attacks) but still works.

Lindsay is a girl's name.

nah, it's too far from the gameplay of rogue for this thread
There is sometimes a roguelite general surviving for stuff including the realtime and other roguelike-elements-but-not-really-that-much-like-rogue games

I have literally never seen assassinator or dragon fang of ancalagon ever so I wouldn't count on finding them.

Reforging onto a falcon sword is decent if you have one.

I'm pretty sure rogues can use and even obtain high skill in most any weapon.

also aglarang is pretty damn good
it has vorpal_II (aka *sharpness*, as opposed to sharpness) and +5 speed and dex....

>8d4 dice with no enchantments
wtf i hate aglarang now

+5 speed and dex is really really good
the dex basically makes up for dual wielding big things in many situations, and the speed is huge speed on a weapon, which is very hard to get and very liberating for equipment shuffles

>I'm pretty sure rogues can use and even obtain high skill in most any weapon.
Do 2h swords count? I think it'd be pretty silly seeing a rogue lugging around something like Typh's sword. Vampires for some reason get Crisdurian instead of the rogue-class Old Castle rewards.

automore wins again.

Love you too Jack.

Anytime.....kid......

rogues can get to expert with most swords and shooters, and master with the light swords, daggers, and slings iirc

github.com/poschengband/poschengband/blob/master/lib/edit/s_info.txt#L1003
Know it; love it.

Veeky Forums pls go. I musn't think of this ogres cooking while playing roguelikes.

Let him inspire you in combat.

I will turn my enemies into that pineapple cheese slop while eating JUICY chunks. No. NO. I will play mummy forever more.

That's the spirit.

user please. I have a buzz going and its slipping away. This is a safe place.

>thinking i'll stop posting these when you ask me

I see that salsa precum in my nightmares. I think of it when my cat pukes. I think of it when I wish to be numb. Why must you do this user?

god, what a fucking disgusting mall ninja.

what the fuck is this, an aborted homemade salsa where the solid and liquid separated

>A Yamabiko comes into view. It shouts!

>***LOW HIT POINT WARNING***

Trump realm is surprisingly good utility. I was expecting forty "summon x" spells, but it has telepathy, phase door, teleport, teleport level, dimension door and banish in the first two books. Up there with sorcery as the best support realms, I think.

Shame my silly plan of summon a gazillion spiders and let them fuel infernal deal when they get eaten doesn't work and my interest in this character is gone.

Suffer more.

>salsa precum
kek

>The Yamabiko invokes Raging Roar.
>The Yamabiko gets caught in a magic reaction and explodes.
>The explosion hits you.
>You die.

God, I fucking hate anime.

Just end it user. Post the chicken one, or aunt myrna's death cob casserole. Know that you've sobered me up completely after a whole pitcher of cheap margarita. Why?

>making a stew with canned ANYTHING
>eating fucking hot dogs ever
>all the other shit

i'm going to fucking vomit

man what the fuck

you can saute the veggies with the fat from the meat
where are the onions?
why the heck isnt the heat even on?

>not having a delicious can of tinned mindflayer flesh

>2 0 1 6
>complaining about anime on Veeky Forums

why do you only ever get third spellbooks as a random drop *after* killing smaug

>Post the chicken one, or aunt myrna's death cob casserole
This one's better.
>why the heck isnt the heat even on?
You tell me.

what the fuck is that slimy red shit he pulls out? a whole tomato in a jar?

who even is this guy

probably preservers of pepper or pimento or whatever

Roasted red pepper.

god damn he didn't even bother cutting it into smaller pieces? just that bigass chunk in his stew?

well it IS a stew

not a soup

youtube.com/user/jakatak69/videos
He fights for his rightful throne as the king of Veeky Forums against the evil Joey.
youtube.com/watch?v=QZ_a8VXhiSc

Even /a/ hates anime.

Crows know how displacement works. Why can't he figure it out? Why isn't his oil hot? I wish to die.

i love joey
hes so happy to have food

even miyazaki hates anime

That's how you know it's good.

applies to as well

Fair enough.

>You're at the point where you can look at a cast of characters, glance over the premise, or just know a show's studio name in order to know the show's shit
>Can't enjoy anime at all anymore

Guess it's time to stop bothering.

>Do I fit in yet: the post

Guess it's time for you to stop breathing.

Guess it's time for you to stop breeding.

Fit in to what?

>just know a show's studio name
Irrelevant. It's the staff that's important.
You almost made it too. DYWYPI?

>watch a 1-3 anime a year
>pretty much never disappointed
Literally git gud, anonymous. If you just keep faulting over and over you'll get burned out before you can ascend.

>watch 0 anime a year
>get to not be a paedophile
i'm pretty much winning at life

DCSS has so little content that we are resorting to talking about /a/ and Veeky Forums

My man. I watched Tatami Galaxy and Texhnolyze a few months back and both were 10/10. This is truly the way to appreciate all anime.

DCSS needs cooking and anime as new content to replace all the removed things. I suggest making the ASCII all Kanji instead.

cu/ck/s pls stay
>no cooking roguelike
>Elona+ and CDDA are the closest we'll ever get

It's like this thread goes in cycles:
1. Bitching about DCSS
2. Bitching about C:DDA
3. Bitching about PCB
4. Off-topic bitching

you forgot the joking about ADOM

Cooking and RNG simply doesn't mix

>tfw watch handful of anime and it feels like you've seen it all

>Texhnolyze
Good on you, user. That's where is from.

Not to mention the post it's responding to.

I thought so, but I wasn't sure. Ichise looks so young there.

>DDA
>burning bush spaghetti
Seems like a solid Veeky Forums recipe.

>burning bush sweet sundae ramen

>tfw you finally max your casting stat
by reducing the max with !NewLife

Can you really call it sweet sundae ramen if it hasn't been microwaved half a dozen times?

Had a cheeky wank on the king again, lads.

dont be sad mr bird

I didn't know breaths could make that sort of angle.