>Patch notes
wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_1

>FAQs & General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War Warhammer
Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

>OVERCASTING SPELLS
Double click a spell (it needs to be a boostable spell and you need to have enough magic in the magic pool) to overcast the spell
There's a 50% chance that the caster damages itself though!

>QUEST BATTLE TELEPORT
Select your lord (make sure he isn't garrisoned or in a stance)
Select the quest battle (on the map or through quest log)
There's a button in the bottom right of the quest battle window that you can use to teleport for 5k gold (when the battle's finished you're automatically teleported back to your original position)

>GROUP ATTACK
Group units with ctrl + g
Select your group and right click the enemy
All your units move and automatically direct themselves to and engage enemies they get close to while maintaining formation

Old

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BmePghg9nCY
youtube.com/watch?v=wkrLs9nYjKk
youtube.com/watch?v=eBShN8qT4lk
youtube.com/watch?v=hUTatLX-oyc
youtube.com/watch?v=MskiSCUaJ4U
soundcloud.com/aldenchambers/great-moves-keep-it-up
youtu.be/cxwLPBdIXlk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Allow me to explain why vampire's are shit.

They have no true soul.

They are inexorably bound to Nagash.

The vast majority are slaves to the hungry beast within themselves, even as they claim to be masters of others.

The vampire is the remains of a person. Some fragments of whet made that person great great might remain, but it is no more than fragments.

Live forever, your argument is shit.

>being a vampire
you need to go back

Wight King-sama is the real MVP

>living forever
>good in warhammer

It's only good if you win. And guess what, you won't.

If the Chaos Gods win, you're done.

If Nagash wins, he'll eventually end you at some point, either because you displeased him or because you started on the path to rivaling him.

Either way, you end up a slave or toy to a power greater than yourself by far.

Most vampires control their bloodthirst as well as mortals handle their need for food and drink.

There is literally no change to your personality or traits beyond what you allow to change because of your newfound power.

To destroy the Empire and claim his rightful throne, Mannfred has to save the Empire from these disgusting Chaos shits.

By your logic you should just lay down and die then, what's the point of doing anything if the world ends?
>Metafags are this retarded.

>running graveguard in your armies

Literally loling@you right now, cuck tier infantry

Necromancy is born of Dark Magic.

Dark Magic is born of Chaos.

Ultimately, there's a beast in every sentient undead. While transcendent beings like Nagash, Arkhan and Vlad subjugate that monster with ease, the average vampire is in for an eternity of struggle against it's base nature.

What mods are everyone using?

What are good mods

What is the best magic mod?

>that army comp
>that turn number

w e w l a d

what's wrong with graveguards? I think they're pretty alwight

You need infantry, and in the campaign, there's no reason not to run graveguard.

Unless you're going full death star.

>as there is evidence to suggest the universe is a simulation, then if it is true that means the simulation needs someone to create it. Which leads to the conclusion that whoever that is, is God. So God is an underpaid PHD student.

>I MUST PLAY THE VIDEOGAMES
>NO user, YOU ARE THE VIDEOGAMES
>AND THEN user WAS GIVEN A 0/10 ON COSMIC /v/

so does that mean if humanity doesn't perform well enough God gets his funding cut and has to shut us down?

He's just being a faggot

End up going mad/depressed unless you can have some reason to live, Vlad got his waifu and emperor ambitions. Neferata on the other hand just mopes around silver peak.

Which one of you is this?

Shit, I'm only 25 and I'm already depressed and possibly going mad

Exactly, imagine being around for 2025 years.

So what are you guys going to be listening to when the beastmen dlc drops?

youtube.com/watch?v=BmePghg9nCY

That's speculation that is. That fact that most vampires use their longevity to become consummate warriors or skilled necromancers or even both shows they are resilient to the degrading effects of Dark Magic.

This is noticeable when compared with human necromancers, who are as a rule insane and/or deranged.

youtube.com/watch?v=wkrLs9nYjKk

God fucking dammit why does Chaos have to make a beeline for my damn faction every single time. It's anti-fun. Also dealing with public order as vamps is infuriating there is almost no reason to expand, you'll never afford the upkeep to keep armies in your territories.

It's not speculation, it's fact.

Every Varghulf is a failed Vampire Lord. Every Vargheist, a common vampire who chose the wrong side.

Vampire's are beasts wrapped in human form, and only a very few truly master that beast rather than simply suppress it.

Do necromancer regen auras stack?
Also, that staff that trades HP for winds of magic is really good for VC

>the end of days is actually when god finally graduates with his doctorate

youtube.com/watch?v=eBShN8qT4lk

Racking kills, sacking vills

youtube.com/watch?v=hUTatLX-oyc

I cannot wait to fight, defeat and REMOVE Beastmen with glorious faith, steel and gunpowder in the name of Serb- uhh... I mean the Empire!

You did

>the AI
>not autistically attacking the player in every TW game even if they're supposed to be doing something else

>OOOO THEY SEND YOU DOWN TO WAR
youtube.com/watch?v=MskiSCUaJ4U

Every varghulf is a vampire who was locked in a crypt for multiple centuries, and every vargheist is a vampire who willingly submitted to the savage part of itself and who probably shouldn't have been turned in the first place.

The stakes are surely higher for vampires, because they are naturally more powerful beings. If a human had the same magical energy within him, he would surely become a gruesome beast by giving into his own primal desires.

Varghulfs and Vargheists are the exception when it comes to vampires, and many see them as grotesque.

Yea I lost the game but took down the majority of the chaos faction with me in spite. There needs to be a mod that makes the factions follow their damn objectives, I wasn't even giving a shit about chaos as vamps and all they did was raze no sack.

>Some fragments of whet made that person great great might remain
>great great

I'm onto your anti-Vampiric schemes, ratman.

Pshh.. foiled again... stupid man-thing

Clan Pestilens sends its regards.. heh

The 100mb update change anything?

POOPOO PEEPE 9 DAYS TILL BEASTMEN DLC

>beastmen have frog units
Reeeeeeee

You got the names backwards m8

Oh shit, we have edgy OC donut steel shaven in here.

they are called reddit rats for a reason by the tabletop community...

No-no, it's mostly you calling them that

>butthurt man-thing

Lizardmen replaced a Slann army in the earlier editions. You used to be able to run an entire army of Pepes.

>tfw no Jabberslythe

confession time /twg/??

>been a fan since medieval 2
>I own all the Total Wars
>I've only finished 1 campaign ever
>I play for 10-15 turns, steamroll for a bit quit

wtf is wrong with me /twg/?

kinda the same, have ADHD, find it very hard to finish a campaing, did finish Austrias in charlemange because removing kebeab is fun and righteous

In Rome 1 as the Seleucids the Scythians forced war on me just because we technically bordered each other. It must have taken them tend turns to march from the north Caspian sea down to the caucasus to attack my settlements.

if you enjoy it, nothing

>started playing with Rome 1
>own all titles from Rome 1 on
>I've finished 3 campaigns before TWW, not a single long victory
>I play for ~50 turns then restart because it gets boring

I totally understand you

The smug must have been too much

Can someone explain the after life for some of the specific factions? Like I heard if you die in the warhammer universe youre potentially fucked for eternity.

>playing chaos as gayprince
>force myself to keep going for over 12 hours in order to finish a long campaign on normal
>don't have the stomach to finish any more long campaigns

Are you talking about TWW? Or just all total war games? Because if you mean all games then you fucking wasted your money you moron.

I want a pepe army

Yeah more sweet narcosis... yeah more sweet narcosis...

>playing as Chaos
>this fucking army regen
Why is it SO FUCKING SLOW

If you have no soul; you get to die and stay dead forever

If you have a soul; you get to enjoy Chaos fucking you forever (unless PLOT saves you)

re-recruit, everything else is useless

>I've only finished 1 campaign ever
Really not surprising

There is no reason to play without challenge, and the number 1 problem with all TW games is that not a single one of them has ever achieved good difficulty pacing. The late game has always been 'You are too strong to be stopped and now its 100 turns of moping up shit to win'. More often than not the first 50 turns are the best part of a TW game, with a good turn or two happening once you get [insert fun OP unit here] for a battle which is mainly why you keep playing past the 50 turn mark anyway.

pray 2 morr n he will help u

Just found a mod that takes it to 20% replenishment rate and lets you encamp on 0% movement

That should fix it

>based CA did 1 thing right with TWW by letting us mod it

How will replenishment for Beastmen work?
Will it be as fucking slow as for Warriors of Chaos?

Can't wait to permanently move in ambush stance and hide while being encamped >:^)

Well considering all they've done is copied Chaos/Orc and pasted Beastmen over the top, you can expect it to be as slow as Chaos.

But that always hidden thing is going to be gamebreakingly strong

going by Logic, Beastmen inhabit most of the forests of the Old World and replenishment should be a lot better than Chaos Warriors

then again it's CA we are talking about, the fucks who couldn't be assed to sort out their launcher issues for years

Being Nagashes sex slave wouldn't be so bad. I mean it would get weird when he asks you to dress like his brother but it beats having your soul flayed.

Poor Heinrich. His little buddy is missing.

I don't remember nagash having a brother

I also don't remember liches having penises

Cute Balthasar Gelt Mod WHEN

Get your gay fucking waifushit and anime away from Western fantasy you fucking sick fuck

>Alchemist turns himself into Gold
>Alchemist turns himself into loli

Clearly Gelt has much to learn.

Right, straight to the more important point

>tfw no cute Damsel Mod
>tfw no cute Vampire-chan Mod

I know there is nothing can be done with the models, but the right textures alone can do wonders.

Only campaign left for me is Greenskins.
Are they fun?
Constantly fighting other orks and dwarfs sounds a little monotonous.

Because it doesn't matter what happens after you die so long as your life was worthwhile.

Wait for the Beastmen then you have something else to fight down south

Fuck, /r/ing bad pun 3rd edition Slann

Why would you turn yourself into gold out of all metals?

>tfw reddit rat and proud

Cute beastmen when.

9 days

>red fangs pull teef natchas into war against me
>they ignore everything just to attack me
>purple dwarfs declare on me
>turn 15 Im back to black crag only
>shouldve picked grimgor
how do I become good at diplomacy?

Same thing happens to me.
Whenever I pick Ahzag first, everyone wants my dick. Yet when I'm Grimgor, while everyone declares war on my usually, they don't tend to focus on my stuff as much.

Not to mention Ahzag is fucking shit until Skullmuncha.

>tfw still getting 1v1'd with my rank 6 Ahzag against a rank 1 Orc general

Considering the time sink needed to level him to 25 to get Skullmuncha as well it's pretty ridiculous.

>Letting us mod it
If you call that trash ‘mod support’ you are the reason modding communities are going to shit

Post sad stories and campaigns that went wrong.

>Playing orcs.
>Raiding & Pillaging the Empire from the south
>Chaos invades.
>Together we slapchop the Empire into the fucking dirt like chummy pals.
>Turns out we are in fact not chummy pals
>Archaon, Kolek, and Sigvald's doomstacks mash into my two stacks and 1 waaagh.
>Balance of power states its about a 50%
>That auto resolve button is looking rather tempting about now * I suck ass as Orcs *
>Decide to man the fuck up and play it out
>Lose
>Save and quit the campaign right then and there.
>Still have not opened it up to this day.
>MFW

soundcloud.com/aldenchambers/great-moves-keep-it-up

Beastmen showcase today right?

Yep, gameplay walkthrough video on their youtube.

So, I didn't realize this until now, about 37 hours into the game because I had never fought Norscans until now, but do Chaos armies just not break unless you break everyone all at once?

I just fought my first battle against the Skaelings. I had an Empire army of about 1000 against the Skaeling's 1400 army, and the balance of power bar was really heavily tilted in my favor because I had Great Cannons and Lvl 3 Swordsmen, Spearmen+Shields, and Halberdiers. So I decided, why the hell not, let's fight these bastards and see how they play.

And oh my fucking god I got raped. There were so many Marauder Cavalry and Warhounds I felt compelled to make a box with my cannons in the center and just hold the line against them while waiting for their warlord to come into range and get murdered by my Lord. My Lord also had a Wailing Sword, and one of my swordsmen had a scary banner so it should've been easy to break them. After a very scary charge right through my box into my cannons I killed the Norscan warlord and I thought
>Oh good, they've all broken except for one shitty cavalry unit raining arrows down on me. I'll mop this up and be moving on.
Sure, half my swordsmen were dead, half my spearmen were dead, all my Pistoliers had fled from the battle, I'd lost one Great Cannon to their commander, and my Lord was almost dead, but things seemed to be on the up-and-up.

But the routing Chaos units came back 3 fucking times. They chewed up everything, routed most of my melee units, and broke my cannons. I ended up having my crossbowmen and handgonners punching marauders to death and choking on their own blood. I almost lost the entire battle because they just kept coming back. It ended up being a Pyrrhic Victory because I'd lost 750 troops and only killed 850 of theirs.

How do you beat Norscans without cavalry if they can keep recovering from a rout so long as one unit remains unwavered?

Also, I got Mousillon as a vassal immediately thereafter because I somehow got dragged into their war with a Bretonnian power and I'd become so scarily powerful they were afraid of me or something.

As a vassal, can they rebel against me or break the vassal treaty on their own? The VC cancelled the non-aggression pact I had with them on their own.

>Playing Dwarves
>Killing Orcs up near Mount Gunbad
>Zhufbar snipes Grom Peak away
>Karak Kadrin loses two settlements
>Zhufbar steals them before I can colonize them
>Barak Varr controls Iron Peak and I saved it from a Greenskin Waagh
>Now I can't put Black Crag province together because Barak Varr has taken all of the western Badlands under their control and Karak Azul took all the eastern Badlands under their control
>I'm a rump Dwarf state consisting only of Silver Road, the Karak Eight Peaks province, and bits of the Black Crag province and Mount Gunbad province.
I can't see a way out of this, except with military alliances slowly turning into confederation. I just don't have the heart to go on.

I'm still running Dwarf warriors, quarrelers, and miners on turn 124. They're all level 3 or higher. Why would I replace them with anything else or anything more expensive?

youtu.be/cxwLPBdIXlk

Is it possible to unite the Empire before Chaos invades?

Does that include uniting them by force?

Yes. I'm finding it takes me a long time to even conquer the nearby provinces when I need to deal with the economy unless I loot everything, then I get rebels.

I can "unite" most of them and still stay afloat with money and rebellions.
Except Kislev.

is there dwarf or vampire faction with different roster like how greenskins and empire have their savage versions?