/edf/ Earth Defense Force General

EDF 4.1 Just came out on steam and on it's sale.

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/app/410320/discussions/0/366298942101273172/
store.steampowered.com/app/410320/
escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/editorials/reviews/11025-Earth-Defense-Force-2025-Review-Giant-Insects
weapon.edf.jpn.com/4-1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

E

D

F

D

Great port! Thanks based japs!

I was shitposting this game saying no one will buy it yesterday.
I regret everything, forgive me.

Japs can't program for shit confirmed.

Also is their anyway for cut scenes to show up in multiplayer? Everytime I test it for mission one it skips the intro cut scene.

torrent where

Any DLC worth getting?

this

Stop being poor also multiplayer is worth it

The weapons/skins are all crap that are quickly made obsolete by weapon unlocks. Just save your money for the mission packs.

cant decide between air raider or wing diver.

what are good weps for both?

Posted from the other thread, is there anyway for me to skip the game startup intro.
For some reason the game shits itself in the criware logo and crashes.
Im using an old ass nvidia but my shit isnt toaster level bad

Which ones are the mission packs?

I'm sure it fucking is, but unless you're going to buy me a copy I don't give a shit.

I'm not buying a jap game with no demo because of how garbage the ports can be.

torrent where.

Doesn't look like it. Maby if they release the mission packs which are not on the store yet

They're not out yet.

I just want to quickly test if it runs on my ancient rig and confirming steam payments for my country takes almost 2 days.

Steam refunds exist. That's you demo. Also the game runs completely fine if you have a modern CPU and at least a 660 or AMD equivalent.

Yes well that sucks, the only major problems people are reporting are some people are having issues with amd cpus

>steam refunds
Yeah, no, that's not a demo and it means I lose the money for a week.

>works for me :)

Torrent where.

>2025
>get a Vegalta
>fly on top of a mothership
>call an orbital strike on the mothership
>orbital lasers have piercing, so the mothership is cut right through the drop portal
>ants and spiders are immediately vaporized and go flying everywhere because Havok engine
>mothership explodes, goes down in flames
>still standing on mothership
>mothership crashes into enemies below and explodes
>jump off and survive because no fall damage while giant explosion behind me

Thanks for reading my EDF blog.

>I lose the money for a week

Not the same guy but every time I issue a refund it takes less than 10 hours for the refund to process.

>get a Vegalta
>fly on top of a mothership

I'm guessing you're talking about that mission on the beach because it seems to be the only one where the dropships are flying low enough to make that possible.

To process, yes. Which means they take the game from you. Always takes 5-7 days for the money to return to your bank.

I have a AMD 7790, and it seems to run alright. Though my CPU seems to be carrying most of the load anyway.

No I mean the money gets back in less than 10 hours, if you mean the Steam refund confirmation it never takes more than 30 minutes.

Just last week I issued a refund for some random shitty indie game I bought during the summer sale and it took me 2 days to get the money back. I live in northern yurop if that matters.

If I recall it was on that level where you're near a cliff.

Also late-game Vegaltas can fly for quite a while.

Still can't figure out how to get cut scenes working in multiplayer.

And I'm sure it does for you. I'm glad steam isn't absolute garbage in your country.

Torrent where.

>shitty indie game
Okay.

Your bank is shit, I always get the money back into my account in 2 days or less.

You can't. I would be pissed if they showed in multiplayer since I did each mission 20+ times to get 100% and it would have gotten old fast.

How do you know they'll be released? Did the dev confirm?

So are you just looking for excuses to just pirate it proper now?

If you can't afford to loose the money for as long as a refun would take then you probably can't afford the game either way.

It's an inconvenience sure but given you weren't gonna spend it on anything but games why care?

But if I want to play through the entire campaign with a friend I should at least have an option to view them once.

a dev confirmed they are working on them

steamcommunity.com/app/410320/discussions/0/366298942101273172/

The mission packs also showed up on SteamDB

balalaika is so fucking hot

>thinking people make a budget for video games

Are you 12? When did I ever say I didn't want to pirate it? I don't care about multiplayer right now, I want to test the game and see if the japs have made a decent port that functions on my PC.

Saying "It works for me XD" and "just use steam refunds :)" doesn't do shit for anyone.

Torrent where.

Fuck off kike.

Said the shill.

Not trying to sound rude but I don't see the point in asking for a torrent link here, just check the torrents sites tomorrow and you'll probably find something.

>just want to test it
Sure.

Either way I guess you'll just have to wait.

I'm out of town and I only have my laptop, can I run it?

I absolutely love EDF games. The grind for power weapons in the 2nd EDF was my favorite thing to do. Does this game have better "bosses?"

Based on your CPU alone,
no.

Yes, although many of them are rehashes.

>playing a multiplayer focused game that costs $30+ for the single player

Because I know nobody will actually have purchased this game on PC.

maby, buy it and if it runs like shit refund it

You're out of luck then :^)

well fuck, I may have to pirate it to test it, then buy it if it runs well

Well it's not as easy as uploading the files, someone needs to crack it first.

>3DM

I wouldn't download shit from 3DM familia, last time I did I ended up with a rootkit.

more people per lobby when?

Pretty cool game. Liking the shotgun. It says in the description that the range isn't very far but it's pretty easy to hit a bug with all the shots at a decent range and it's pretty much a one hit kill for at least the ones in the first few missions. Takes forever to reload though.

Framerate sometimes hitches when opening the quick message wheel but other than that haven't had a single framerate drop. And my GPU (970) is at like 20% usage so I'll probably see if I can downsample from 4k since even with the in game aa there's still quite a bit of aliasing.

How much harder is hard compared to normal? I'm playing on normal right now but you apparently get better weapons if you play on higher difficulties. The description says not to play it until you have a good amount of weapons and better armor though. But on normal I pretty much haven't gotten hit at all so I imagine it shouldn't hurt to go up a difficulty.

They don't show up in MP

Thanks was just gonna ask about 970 performance.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Torrent where.

Holy shit this game is fun. Only framerate drop I've had was mission 10 I think when the huge ship bombs the ground while there was 100 or so of the smaller ships swarming us.

Only reason I stopped is because I need at least a few hours of sleep before work.

Also don't buy the tank dlc. It is a specific tank not just a skin for the existing one. You will outlevel it fast.

DL liink?

PC sales estimation?

I'd say 20k, 30k if I'm being generous

any niggas wanna play MP?

You're buying us both a copy? Thanks generous user.

You can't play female as Ranger??

I was expecting something on the level of onechanbara but this is honestly on of the funnest game I've played in years

and its fucking hilarious too how does a budget game being sold at premium price manage it

Been having a tough month. Car insurance is cancelled today. Had to take a month off work for surgery and don't have shit to my name :(

yo you get the jet pack and prob the most fun class in the game alright dont need ur little girls infecting us not as fun classes

damn that really sucks dude haha

What's BOFA?

Better get to sucking dick in an alley then user. It's probably a better use of your time if you're that poor than playing video games.

what did he mean by this?

Wild guess but Bank of America?

Please give us a time.

>drops down to 25 FPS with a simple bombing run

reply to this post if ur secretly a dog defending the planet

>can have random soldiers follow you
>they emote, chant, and sing with you
>are actually fairly competent
>even scream out that they'll avenge you if you die

Can you order them to get in vehicles?

Nope, that's the one thing they can't do.

This game is fun but the feeling of running at incredible lwo speed is killing joy.

Will it get better?

wait how do you get the jetpack as a ranger?

You can just roll around everywhere as Ranger and Air Raider. There's some sort of dash cancel shit you can do as Fencer too, but I haven't played as him enough to know the specifics.

Reporting in

Now the game has an okay PC port, do you think reddit's guy will be eating his words?

escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/editorials/reviews/11025-Earth-Defense-Force-2025-Review-Giant-Insects

>tfw I keep killing them all by accident because I'm firing my Fencer mortars danger close

you dont but females do:)

Is the game any fun if I only want to play SP?

I had 200 hours in the PS3 version and most of it was solo because the online was dead. The missions are designed for singleplayer, they just bump up the enemy health when playing co-op. The Air Raider class is definitely designed for co-op though, it's tough to play him solo.

Who /fencer/ here?

Does soldier unlock really cool weapons or something? Everything else is so much more interesting

this game is fucking radical

i was but i guess i love flying more than i love going fast sorry

Reminder to use this website for info about weapons, including their stats and in which levels/difficulties they can be farmed. You can change language to english with the drop-down menu.

weapon.edf.jpn.com/4-1/

that is useful

>color sliders don't allow you to change the skin color of Wing Diver

Why