/evog/ - Evolve General

Lewd edition

store.steampowered.com/app/273350/
evolve.wikia.com/wiki/Evolve_Wiki (Mostly outdated)

>What is Evolve?
Evolve uses an asymmetrical structure where five players, four playing as hunters and one as the monster, battle against each other in an industrialized alien planet called Shear.
Stage 2 is the transition to Free To Play + a lot of gameplay changes.

>What's new?
evolveupdates.com/stage2/

>I heard the game was dead?
It was (at least on PC). 100-200 players and little to no updates from the developers. If F2P can bring it back is unknown, but as of right now 18k people are playing it.

>Should I "get" it?
It's free. 18GB. Download and test it out.

>F2P Model?
Every week, four hunters (one of each class) and one monster will be in the free rotation. There are currently 24 Hunters and 7 Monsters in total, though some are variations of others. By playing the character tutorials, you unlock one hunter (Markov) and one monster (The Goliath) to keep forever.

Additional monsters, hunters, perks, and skins are unlocked by earning silver keys. Silver keys are earned by playing the game, leveling up, or getting login bonuses. Currently you can't actually buy silver keys, presumably so they can test the unlock rate, but that's coming later.

There is also a monthly login bonus punch card. You get one punch for each day you log in. Beyond silver keys, this can directly award new Hunters and Skins.

>What if I don't want to grind for characters and perks?
You can buy the game and it to gives your account full founder benefits, which gives you 30k keys and most characters.

>Microtransation?
None as of yet.

>Steam group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/evolvevg

>Perk info(Including how to unlock them)
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=721252371

>Patch info:
talk.turtlerockstudios.com/t/can-we-talk-about-the-balance-in-high-level-play/91716/18

Previous thread :

My favorite 4 characters are
>Abe
>caira
>bucket
>lennox
What are yours?

Behemoth
Wraith
Gorgon
Kraken
(not in any order)

>Hyde
>Hank
>Markov
>Lennox

I like their personalities

I WANT THE MONSTER TO BE 80 - 100 FEET TALL, NO TRANSVERSALS JUST PURE SLOW HULKING DESTRUCTION AAAAAAAAAAAA

Stage 4 evolution? You have to eat 3 hunters to evolve from stage 3.

>Group up at power relay
>Medic fucks off to find the monster then traps himself in with nobody even close to him.
>Blames us for his stupidity.

This, but the new monster they referenced in Kala's story is supposed to be 10 meters at minimum stage 1, which is bigger than the goliath. I really want a slow, fuckhuge force of nature that just slowly makes its way toward crying hunters.

Wraith
Caira
Slim
Abe

I'd probably like Parnell if I had him, he seems fun and I like his character, just not worth the keys yet and I don't have all the weapon swap perks and shit.
Maybe I'll wait to see what his variant is.

That would actually be a really cool alternate win condition.

Starting to wish I could reset my account back to level one to go back to stomping newbies.

Dealing with teams of hunters who are just smart enough to coordinate their abilities is killing my soul

Jack
EMET
Crow
That lady with the monster claw

>its a team splits up to try and cut me off and lets me kill them one by one episode

Emet, Caira, Slim, Sunny

>its a team splits to cut me off and travels in pairs of 2, and know the map well enough to make it impossible to juke them, and they have a sunny so its impossible to get away from them forcing multiple level 1 fights

>level 25+ medic
>it's a Rogue Val main
>level 25+ support
>it's a Sunny or Hank main
>level 25+ assault
>it's a Blitz main
>level 25+ trapper
>it's a Maggie or Griffin main

you are not "maining" anything, you are just tourneyfags

>Gold monster skin
>Orbital Drill
>Hiding in the gold water/lava shit
>No one sees me
>They all walk by slowly
>Not even looking at me
>Maggie walks by
>Waggie looks at right me
>Waggie starts barking

Anyone had this weirdass bug where you can't evolve and the monster just does this sick headbang? It feels like the game just keep canceling the animation in quick repetition.

Thank god the hunters were shit.

>tfw game has dropped from 50,000 players to 30,000
I don't want this game to die, it's the most fun I've had in a long time

>do too well as monster
>get no reward

Well that's fun and totally a great game mechanic.

it wont die, because its f2p, but dont expect it to stay above 5-10k. if not less.

To you monsters players; Is playing the monster a "power fantasy" for you?

Go away TB

>Play Goliath
>Vs Slim-Sunny-Maggie-Hyde
>Stage 2 without being domed.
>Down medic and trapper while in dome
>Retreat
>Satellite scanned
>Juke another way after scan wares off
>Second scan a while later
>Assault leaves
>Medic leaves
>Support leave
>Trapper leaves
>Game stops
>'All other players have left'

I'm not even mad that I didn't get a win/keys.

they really arent that hard to deal with

Sorry you lost your win streak user

Who is best waifu?

wraith-chan

so you got my reference
Isnt that weird? I never thought of monsters as a power fantasy, i just like monsters

wraith of course

_Gobi_

If power fantasy now means running around like a little bitch for five minutes, then yeah sure.

>tired of playing the game, decide to watch a stream for a bit before going to sleep
>"86 win streak M goliath"
>he's playing with level 20+s average
>how has he not found a competent team yet
>everyone is acting like they're new to the game despite having tens of hours in it
>picking kala/parnell, constantly trying to res camped bodies, getting hit by long range rocks, wasting jetpack constantly
>I've seen 3 games now and its all the same shit
>"I play on AU servers"
Australians, how bad are most of you at this game?
This is embarrassing to watch

they are stronger than the other hunters and picked for a reason you cunt. Obviously they aren't unbeatable but it's not like those are highest picked hunters at anything above level 20 out of pure random chance

what about the dome? Don't they get a dome prompt if you are within their line of sight?

letsgogobi

I like how only half the medics are good and the other half are trash

Only if you engage them at least once already

If you don't attack each other at all; you get free jukes without dome saying you're there

>If you don't attack each other at all

wait what? I am fairly certain I got domed plenty of times when none of the hunters were shooting at me and I wasn't attacking them.

Checked

I'm not certain

But I've never been domed when I'm being sneaky and have not been engaged (not line of sight either)

If they ping you in dome range they can cast it

>constantly trying to res camped bodies
I fucking love the hunters who do this as the monster, Kraken especially. That shit basically ensures the monster's victory.

I wonder how many pubs don't realize that healing the skull to maximum also revives the downed hunter, almost absolutely nobody uses that.

I need to stop being a bitch and start playing monster when I'm forced to instead of asking people to switch out. It's probably killing how much I'm really experiencing of the game by being a bitch nigga.

this game is really really bad and frustratingly unfun. goliath seems utterly powerless to do anything

>Hyde can't do a single health bar of damage during a 4 FOUR minute dome
>blames everyone else
Even with abe grenades sunny boost and fucking caira boost he couldn't do shit
>He proceeds to try and solo the monster again and gets another down penalty
>Nobody else has gone down
>Stage 3 goliath
>I'm medic as Caira
>Sunny and I heal and shield the fuck out of everyone
>assault runs out of los of everything during the relay fight and dies
>once again bitches about us being too passive during the fucking relay fight

We won because I was able to keep Abe and sunny up for almost the entire 2 minutes it took Hyde to get his worthless ass back in the fight.

I wouldn't even be writing this if the guy wasn't such a dick in during and after the game. There's only so much I can do as a medic to carry a team and getting blamed when some idiot runs out of shield bot range or around a fucking corner into a monster pounce is not my fucking fault. Asshole hunters are why I play so much monster.

I almost exclusively play Monster and I still have to deal with other fucking monsters being matched into the same game. When I hear of all these hunters that never get a monster player and always have to play against bots because everyone in the lobby refuses to play it I'm actually kind of pissed how poor the matchmaking is. I constantly get like 3 fucking monsters. One time I even had monster as the preference AS THE ONLY PERSON IN THE LOBBY and the game gave the guy who had "no preference" the fucking monster role while giving me Hunter.

I play Goliath at 25+ almost exclusively now and the only loss I had at that level was against someone who from here.

I think you vastly underestimate Goliath. In fact I prefer him over playing Wraith right now. Kraken is still top tier tho.

Don't play goliath

Good Goliath players are crazy hard to beat unless your team works REALLY well together. Most Goliath players are pretty shit though.

Oh, I definately am already encountering that. At first I completely agreed with your statement, that combo was an instalose. Doubly so if they have maggie with her harpoon and 5th ai revive player bullshit.

However, (and I pretty much only play kraken now at this level, as goliaths get shit on and I don't know how to play wraith or gorgon) I've been finding sometimes I can separate the support or medic just enough to where I can down and then kill them, and then I have a fighting chance with a strike on their medic, if I get two strikes I have an even better chance as I all I have to do is down medic and they die, making the fight infinitely easier. This is usually around stage 2 or 3 by then also, so re-spawn timers are long enough to down/kill another or wipe the team. I've found I gotta get up in their face and fuck their shit up and use vortex to push them around/apart. I forgot the "wall" factor being a monster brings that you can have when standing between a medic and her target, and psychologically separating them from their team and wearing down their cool, which in turn can cause the hunter to make mistakes, ie fail a jetpack boost or eat a massive damage ability.

But I must stress, I play kraken though so I can easily get above any jetpack nonsense the medic tries to pull, or with the press of the spacebar be right on her ass no matter what. But, I fear even with these methods the odds are still a little stacked against the monster, which needs to be addressed. Either buff monsters ability to deal with this combo or nerf the hunters (or at least make them not at 100% pick worthy team)

Also you forgot if its not lennox its blitz markov, autoaim lightning faggot mother fucker.

Pic somewhat related, just got, pretty happy

.t shitter

Goliath has the 3rd highest skill ceiling, after the krakens

you alt f4 to get that w/l?
what perks and tactics do you use

How do you be good at goliath?

The sooner the better, you dont want to start learning the ropes of monster against lvl40 hunters

What level are you ?
Monster crisis mostly happen at 20-25+

I think this is because the preference system forces you to change it up. I've noticed that when I had a preference for Medic and no one else did, I'd get something else.

The more you play it in a row, the less likely you get it, it seems.

I am this guy

Don't forget that smacking blitz interrupts his charge up shit. Facing a good one as gorgon is a huge pain in the ass. They zap your spider traps instantly with that shit.

>shitty MM forces these goddamn emet/slim/parnell/torvald pickers on me
>gotta dodge constantly

Griffin
Maggie
Lennox
Sunny and Hank tie

Personality wise and gameplay.

>Harpooning the monster for a total of 60 seconds
Feels so good

Brawler + Silver Feeding/Movespeed + Gold Damage reduction OR ability cooldown, it depends on the map.

Sometimes I forego Brawler for Bronze Feeding/Movespeed.

Before the game even starts try to figure out which Hunter is the weakest link. A lot of Hunters seem to put too much focus on the medic, if the Medic has shit healing capabilities but good self-healing like Rogue Val then fucking ignore her and kill the support instead. Just find out which Hunter blows up th easiest and you should be fine reaching stage 3.

Skill order is 1-1-1-1, you need the flamebreath for fast farming. Then max rockthrow if you are good at aiming it, otherwise max charge and leap and only stick to 2 points in rock in that case. Flamebreath is a good farming skill but the damage is inconsistent for bursting hunters down.

When you reach stage 3 seek out the damage buff elite for the 15% damage boost. Then engage in a fight with the hunters and if you get a strike on a hunter disengage and feed OR if you are confident that the enemy team is crumbling and you can finish them then fully engage. One of the biggest mistakes Goliath players make is that they play him like a brawler and just stand in the middle of the hunter team and beat the shit out of everyone. Play him more like a combo-burster, get in, down a hunter, run away and feed up, go back and burst someone to zero and then go feeding again. Don't ever overcommit to a fight because Goliath is one of the slower monsters and gets melted in prolonged engagements if the Hunter team is in a comfortable area. Goliath has one of the most devastating combos in the game, fucking use it. Flame-breath, they try to jetpack charge away, leap on them, charge them off a cliff or into a wall, rock-throw becomes super easy to aim because you are right next to them.

Also, you can HOLD the leap, keep 2 pressed and it shows you in which area Goliath is going to land. Some people just cycle spam through their abilities.

seriously starting to get bored of keygrind
needs more maps and modes asap

Is this viable past 25+? I heard monsters get super weak at that point

>2 players want the same class
>I have one class I want that nobody else does
>get to be my last pick anyway

nice MM logic

this desu
wasnt there a mode that was like a campaign that took place over several parts? think it'll ever come back?

Say, at what point do you start noticing hunters that knows their shit?

I've just started, at level 15 and is still swimming through people who just gets wrecked. I'm expecting my anus to get ravaged anytime soon, should I start clenching my asscheeks now?

nigga did you not look at my screenshot.
I started playing Goliath in f2p at level 24, before that I played Kraken, Wraith and Gorgon. But since I wanted to start leveling Goliath I am currently playing him. Obviously that's not my first time playing him tho, I'm a founder so I used to play him way back when the game was released.

Kraken or elder kraken?

Pls resbond

kraken is op if you're good.

kraken is cheesier

Kraken but since Elder is free you should try him.

FUCKING Torvald pickers

It's me, Gutcushion, sorry again i feel pretty terrible for breaking that streak

Pic is from wrecking maxed wraith with 30 winstreak from here again i wonder?

Is there any hope in sight that hunters will at least be slightly balanced in terms of quality instead of the current divide we have between
>Best possible pick, leagues beyond all others, if you don't pick this what the fuck are you doing
and
>Absolute garbage, no one other than a shitter can lose to this, dodge-worthy picks

Are some hunters just going to have to get the short end of the stick and be bad?

>only 44 seconds of boost
>only 10000 shielded.
Looks like somebody is skipping on their support duties. If you want to do damage, you should play assault.

>44 seconds
Bad sunny! I'm no better.

but I won even against Aleys xDDDD
L2P scrub

t. GutCushion

It was a Wraith. Pop in and attack - mimic - retreat to regen, Had to make sure she didn't regen matey .

This post is about a goliath.
Then you make this post here Saying you broke his streak.
Then you Say it was a wraith.

Yeah....Fuck off mate and learn to do your primary role before you go after the leet dps.

Nah he's legit and did break the guy's Goliath streak, it all got confirmed in a funny way a few threads back. The Sunny pic is unrelated to that, he was Blitz Markov.

Okay so how does that excuse him from not doing is class primary roles then?
You realize 4 people on team can do damage, you have a class specifically that can only do damage.
But this support thinks he should do dps instead of more boosting and shielding.

>exact same perks i use and the exact same advice i gave

And people called me a shitter

Wasn't that from a win? If they won then he probably did his job correctly. Against a wraith you have to play really aggressive or they'll just channel armor all day.

I did win. I had teamates that knew how to dodge and boosted them when they needed it while having the drone up in a position that overlooked the dome. Not sure why doing alot of damage ontop of that is regarded as a bad thing.

>every single game has kala/laz/slim and we keep getting level 1 killed
>I'm trapper so I CC
>they always blame me
>i now always pick monster and destroy the humans
>rub it in and call them free, easy, worthless
>get satisfaction of revenge knowing that theres always a whiny scrub on every single human team

this game is becoming mentally unhealthy

>tfw you jetpack boost someone as Sunny and they hold the spacebar instead of double tapping it

>get a boost from sunny
>instantly smash that space like its a like button and use all of that shit in under a second

Can't decide, damage or poison for perks on Hyde, besides weapon swap.

Anyone also got Parnell tips/perks? I'm sorta liking him as a character and I want to make sure I'm not playing him like an idiot.

>Wasn't that from a win? If they won then he probably did his job correctly.
>if you won you played perfectly with no mistakes and there is no room for improvement
What is this mindset?
Winning means it was "enough" to win this time, not that your play was perfect and there is not fault with it.
I could get a win vs a shit wraith with zero boosts and zero shields, but that wouldn't mean it's not wrong way to play the hunter.
I am talking about playing a hunter correctly in a manner that nets your team the most gain across all games.

It''s not that you did "a lot of damage on top of that"
I am not looking at your damage being "too high"
I am looking at your boost time being shit and your shields being meh.

>but muh team didn't even need my support so this was f-fine
Yeah good for you, your excuse for being shit at support is that your team didn't really need you to be good to win that game, wonderful shitter mindset.

>pooning a gorgon just as she starts her jump
>multiple times

>Yeah good for you, your excuse for being shit at support is that your team didn't really need you to be good to win that game, wonderful shitter mindset.

Sorry mate i'll try better nextime

reload speed or capacity for tier 2/3, tier 1 is weapon swap.

>your shields being meh.
You're just being a dick because you feel like it, you don't actually have a real argument that proves user's playstyle wasn't the best for the situation.

>bronze
weapon switch
>silver
reload speed
>gold
damage

Just started playing blitzkov and either he has nutty dps or I'm playing against complete shitters. They never break my lightning giving me gold every time I attack them. They just run off and focus my medic while they get gold lightninged. Is blitzkov really this good?

What perks should I run?

im pretty new to this. is there a tier list or something? or are the hunters/monsters around the same power level for an average player? im not some powergaming faggot but I dont want to end up choosing someone that blows chunks.

unlike almost all other assaults, damage is a bad idea to pick over capacity on parnell since even a single extra shot will provide more damage than a max set of damage perks, max capacity allows you to squeeze in two? more rockets and two or three shotgun shells, and that's a really fucking big deal during super soldier.

Hes pretty much just that good. Monsters cant really afford to waste time on the assault when medics and supports invest heavy into jetpack and fuck off rapidly.

Any combination of damage/capacity if you have neither reload could work

I've been running jetpack/reload/reload and baka/reload/reload. Do u know which character unlocks the capacity perks? And is it worth switching the reloads to damage?

Good. Good luck.

>You're just being a dick because you feel like it
No I am being a dick, because I think he is skipping out on his duties as a support and trying to dps at the cost not being the best support he can be.
There is nothing more disgusting than people who don't prioritize their role in the team. If you see a trapper that isn't applying CC as much as possible and instead spends lots of time shooting the monster, then it's a terrible waste, same applies to supports.
There is nothing wrong with squeezing in damage at every turn, but not at the cost of underperforming in your unique role on the team.

>you don't actually have a real argument that proves user's playstyle wasn't the best for the situation.
Sure let me just bring up the video and game replay where I can pinpoint his each mistake in the game. Oh FUCKING WAIT YOU CAN'T, and that is the only real way to give straight up 100% facts on if he is doing something wrong or not.

>you don't actually have a real argument that proves user's playstyle wasn't the best for the situation.
You also don't have proof that it Was the best for the situation, the only thing we know is that it was enough for the team to win. But it says nothing of the monster skill, or the other teammates or more importantly if he was doing the maximum he could have been doing.