XCOM General - /xcg/

Ayys at the Gates Edition

Previous Mission: News:
1)Long War Studios have just released their Laser Weapons Pack and Perk Pack.
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=712967878
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=719109968

2)Shen's Last Gift DLC Released!
>youtube.com/watch?v=oHG_abjJLPM

3)XCOM 2 officially coming to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on September 6th.
>twitter.com/XCOM/status/740181548419272705

4) Julian Gollop is working on his new game Phoenix Point. It's a turn-based tactical game with strategy elements, destructible terrain, geoscape and character progression much akin to XCOM. Lobstermen are confirmed.
>twitter.com/Phoenix_Point
>phoenixpoint.info/
>pcgamer.com/julian-gollop-announces-new-game-phoenix-point/

The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

Piratez mod for OpenXCom: openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

Assorted improvements (Skip intros, alleviate stuttering, multi monitor support, and resolutions past 1080p)
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=616682629

XCOM2 NEW AND IMPROVED MODLIST, updated regularly:
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

NEW MEGA MOD LIBRARY - Contains all 180 mods from the new modlist:
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN

Image Library of /xcg/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

Music for sniping ayys::
>youtube.com/watch?v=69G2CVAzsGs
>youtube.com/watch?v=BHIsaBn4kio

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=623181918
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

MODS ARE ASLEEP, POST SNIPERS

Some guy made a mod that added a bunch of hats and shit, including a chicken mask.
Some other guy made a mod that added baseball bats.
I couldn't resist.

Pistols are Useful.

pistols are useful

Boy has Gunslinger saved the day far more times than I can remember.

Would gladly post some but we have been quite close to the image limit in the past few threads so I recommend saving that for when it's needed.

Can post them in the previous thread instead.

I'm tired squirtle.

I finished the cannon, but i decided to change the color of the icons from the generic blue and green to orange blue contrast, because autism. So i wont upload it until tomorrow/later today after i sleep and finish changing the icons of the previous weapons.

Also i had this cool idea in my head about slapping an Advent Laptop thingy to the scope attachment, unfortunately after i finished the model and texture and everything, it occurred to me that the keyboard on the laptop is ridiculously small(oops), at least it should be pretty rare to get to see the keyboard, but we can also pretend that there's advent midgets in charge of their computers. Or maybe in the future laptops will have keyboards as small and annoying as phones.

Looking great.

Keep it up.

>no snek on vocals
>no berserker on drums

0/10

I had a horrible nightmare this morning. My modded iron man game glitched out, which caused muton pods to walk around the map in real time while I was trying to take my turn.
Hold me.

>No lead snek singer
Their loss!
Also S N E K.

>>in real time

Then you are playing XCOM: FPS

Nothing wrong with that.

>XCOM: FPS
There's quite a few things wrong with playing The Bureau.

Maybe it's Apocalypse.

What kinda pod do you want, famcom?

Make sure to skulljack her before taking out the rest of the pod, I'm sure it'll go just fine.

Oh, it'll kill the Codex instantly, right? Cool.

You can't fool me that easily, thinmint.

well done
snekfags you are the worst
ill make sure to brutally murder atleast dozens of vipers today

You can plop in ABA mid-campaign easily enough. You might have a few zero enemy missions where they'd already generated a mission, but you won't have any problems.

How on earth do I make my model import right? I've copied everything I can think of from an existing helmet onto mine, but I just get "Import failed" when I try to import it as a skeletal mesh.

>snekfags you are the worst ill make sure to brutally murder atleast dozens of vipers today
user that's not how you cuddle with a Viper.

I'd let the sneks cuddle with my buckshot if you know what I mean.

That sounds remarkably lewd, user, reminder that this IS a blue board!

First attempt of enemy within: Ironman impossible: solo madman: ayy lmao harder: assault edition ended in failure on the first terror mission. Got overrun by lids and baby lids, but i also got fucked over by taking a hit in the second mission which made me miss the first ufo. Honestly, it seems doable, assuming you really work hard at controlling how many pods you have activated. High to-crit chances with the shotgun are awesome, though. Having that minimum of six crit damage is excellent.

>snekfags the worst
>not weeayyboos like
shiggy diggy

>cuddle with a Viper
Obligatory comfy snek post. :3

Unrelated to sneks, my reinforcements during Avenger defense couldn't move or do anything. Did anyone else had that happen? I'm guessing it's the perk pack.

>Ironman Impossible
>Solo
That honestly sounds like such a chore.

>it's a "can't get past Gatecrasher without losing half the team" day

Sniper again seems the best choice. This time around i'll be experimenting with reaper rounds
it is, but it's fun.
>tfw you finish the first medium ufo and get Lone Wolf

Now, since pistols can't one-shot sectoids on Impossible with Gunslinger 100% reliably, it seems to me like there's really no reason not to go Training Roulette on the sniper

Are there any trainers that can remove wound times?
My best soldier glitched out and doesn't recover HP at all.

Is Assault OP in the LW perk mod?

Easily the best class (once again), and yes, pretty OP.

>tfw Ethereals with Ruler Reactions never ever

alright what the fuck is this...

please respond ;_7

Don't know how I feel about Fleche

>using swords

It's bretty gud. It's ability to instantly remove a troublesome enemy is spectacular but half the time it aggros another pod so you can't just use it every time without scouting. And hey once your shinobi scout is done scouting HE can fleche too.

Okay so mod conflict either with LW Officer Mod or "Smart" Overwatch Mod or just running the fuck out of buttons.

Works with the Cosmetics, thank you anons from previous threads.

Is there a bug where you press R and you use another ability? Or am I just fat fingering.

Why hasn't Beagle attacked a blacksite in his YouTube series? Are there any benefits from avoiding it or does he just not think it's important?

If a facility spawns in the middle of nowhere and can't get to it in time having the blacksite available is useful.

That's a vanilla XCOM 2 warning against bringing only SPARKS on a Dark VIP mission, I think. It's probably not supposed to show up on an empty squad select screen, but it happened for me too.

This or you're doing the ADVENT Forge mission.
The latter requiring you to carry the stasis suit out.

On that note, does anyone know of the triple MEC LOS-Breaking wall works in Xcom2?

Happened to me recently, selected unit threw a grenade in a seemingly random direction.

There are console commands, but honestly I haven't investigated yet for X2. Your best bet is probably just doing some google searching, and I vaguely remember their being a reddit thread on it. Also it could be a mod conflict, or broken mod.

Would be pretty easy to test with a single MEC. Just find heavy cover at the end of wall or something where the soldier can only peak to one side to see ayys, and place the MEC in the tile.

Why is this armor so good, and why is it so late tier in tech. I know the chain mail bikini trope, but this is ridiculous.

is the long war perk mod balanced well, it should I wait for it to be tweaked some?

Long War perk mod is balanced for Long War Alien Pack. Use it with something like ABA: Better Pods +.

What do we even know about the Alien pack? I hate how the two weren't released together. I feel that if I use ABA now, I'll just end up scrapping the run for the ayy pack.

Nothing. LWS is learning to be close-mouthed to be professional. They won't even talk about patch scheduling anymore.

>What do we even know about the Alien pack
Nothing

Any theories being thrown around? What are the odds of getting floaters since we now have Archons?

The wait is killing me, I'm so close to starting another LW run on XCOM 1, but then I remember the air combat and other bullshit I've had my fill of.

I'm loading up to go engage the Star Gods in glorious combat. I'll be fighting them on a terror mission, so its going to be a full engagement with sectopods (145 front armor) and a full complement of ethereals using psi shenanigans. I intend to fight until victory is no longer achievable.

I've fought some skirmishes with the star gods, even tried my hand at a full battle but I wasn't prepared for a slugging match.

This time I'm packing a full 26 man crew with high psi power stats. They all are wearing armor that boosts psi power and has a 60% resistance to plasma weapons (on top of bonus stamina and time units, very good armor, would reccomend [Novice]).
My crew is packing a mix of Heavy explosives, Heavy and sniper gauss, Satchel charges, alien grenades, Panzerfausts, Telsa Coils, and Super Shotguns.

I think all we know is that there are 10 new ayys. My guess is that we'll see "upgraded" variants of the main game ayys, like that Centurion or Rulers.

They haven't released anything to even give a hint, I have no idea what to expect. New aliens (new animations and models) would be fantastic (including imports from X1) and not out of the realm of possibilities, but there is literally no way to know. We are more likely to see recolors like the Muton Centurion.

MAKE IT STOP

My early hopes of limiting the amount of my units being spotted to limit exposure to psi attacks is immediately dashed by a cyclops that started in front of my ship.

Cyclops have almost no real offensive capabilites, but they have extremely high resistances, armor, and health. This one goes does after getting hit by 5 heavy Gauss shots (100 piercing damage).

Star Gods don't seem to bother psyking my gals much. Though I've mostly seen cyclopses and waspites. Fucking waspites.

And why are you playing on a postage stamp? It's not even filling up a 640x480 image.

I see, I just got rekt by the game too and had the facility spawn on the other end of the world. Will keep this in mind, thanks

Looks like I've been jipped. Even after being spotted I didn't get hit by any psi attacks, meaning there are no ethereals and probably no sectopods.

Looks like they just sent cyclops and waspites for their dirty work. It might still be a tough fight, but its not going to be that interesting, so I'm not going to do a play by play, will probably just post the mission results with a summary.

If they have real ethereals they will spam psi attacks non-stop. Psi panic and mind control. Sometimes they launch terror mission without any real ethereals.

I play on this screen size because I have a habit of browsing Veeky Forums, watching videos, or watching streams at the same time as I'm playing x-com. I can see everything fine, so making the window bigger doesn't change anything for me.

I didn't know mecs could fly.

looks like he didn't fly so good

Did you read the XCOM2Mods_SkeletalMeshImportExport doc that comes with the sdk? Did you read this?

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=623181918

If you did it like those said, then idunno lol

Clearly they're just fighting harder. They want to get home as quickly as possible to remove the outfit.

Just as I thought, pretty boring, also easy. The good news is I got 5 live cyclopsi and recovered some flachette shotguns, so hopefully this will lead to some science.

>cyclopsi
Jesus christ, cyclopes.

>cyclopes
Chill out Odysseus

>tfw no xcom bf to bully you about playing on commander instead of legend

There's nothing wrong with playing on Commander as long as it's Ironman.

It is but I still want a bf who's gud at something besides meme muscle memory souls

>wanting a bf at all

>not liking cock in your qt bp
What are you, some kind of weirdo?

fagfasgs please leave

No one make me bleed my own blood.

>souls games
>muscle memory
How are you so fucking casual you can't reaction dodge attacks that are telegraphed for like 10 seconds, just fucking kill yourself please.

I'm not the souls shitter though he is

XCOM2 and all DLC are on sale at Greenmangaming (56%).

XCOM EU is 6.75

WORK HARDER

NICE JOB

what is the best way to deal with exalt heavys/exalt troops in general ?

the fucking rocket launchers fuck my shit up

Snipers and assaults, like everything in EW

>ignoring the glory of shredding 8+ exalt

Hack comm relays

Literally the only danger then becomes possible grenades from operatives, but you can easily focus them down.

Send in an op with 15+ mobility, then when the mission comes? If it's an extraction, let your op solo the mission by chaining relays, breaking LOS if needed, and just get the fuck out in 3-4 turns. If it's data recovery, bring as much firepower as you humanely can. Fuck smokes and medkits and everything else, replace them with grenades. Your cover will be the op disabling the map if EXALT survive to react

Will there EVER be a mod to get rid of the randomly exploding cars in X2? I've had times where flashbangs set them off, or even better a car way away from any action just decided to explode when a single shot had not even been fired in that general direction.

That's clearly intended though. The aliens know you're coming, they just don't know where. Why not rig civilian cars to easily explode on the slightest irregularity to deny you cover and potentially damage/kill a few troops? They're nearly everywhere, so they can do it knowing that wherever you show up, you'll be affected by it!

this is what i tend to think when I play. The ayys rig the cars to explode when you show up. Makes it more sensible.

Should I get Total Warhammer?

I guess

maybe

yes

could you repeat the question?

Total War: Warhammer
Should I get it?

I mean, it's a strange question to ask in /xcg/, but oh well, if you have the money for it, and you think you'll enjoy it, then by all means, go ahead.

no

>pure virtual function being called while application was running (gisrunning == 1)

Kill me.

i'm not sure

Do you have a couple hundred dollars to spend on the 60 million dlc they have planned for the game? If you do then sure why not?