Truckerfag Thread - Roadcheck These Doubles Edition

R O A D C H E C K 2 0 1 6

>Obtaining a CDL: How does one into of doing?
Where: Community College, Vocation Specific School (i.e. Trucker School)
How: Savings motherfucker, or financing - some schools finance, there's financial aid if you can go to a comm. college, banks hand out loans for CDL training all the time because lots of companies will pay it for you once you're hired.
>How can I into avoidings shit companies?
Here are some decent/good companies:
pastebin.com/Sv0cyWyH
If you don't see the company you're looking at included on this list, it's probably a coin toss between good or bad.
>I could totally go to school but I'd rather be a trucker.
Worked for me, but listen to the greentext below
>You're literally retarded. Go to school. Anyone can get a CDL in less than a month of training. You can't do that with schooling. AFTER you get yourself massively in debt, if you don't like the field/career you're in, THEN get a CDL and grovel in misery for the next 4 years because you went for the muh college meme instead of trucking in the first place
>Hurr trucks will be automated in

Old bread:

>all this talk of trailer fires.
>see this.
Gdi whiney making me nervous

He was just mad he forgot to blaze it on 420.

60 T O N N E S
T
O
N
N
E
S

From Russia, with love.

CYKA BLYAT

I remember somebody was asking to see an 60ton rig in Merrica a while ago. Look what just rolled up.

Comrade! So many wheels! We must convene!

No wonder Michigan roads are complete shit.

Off work, and getting ready for the weekend. OTR? No thanks.

Wait, you explicitly have to tell Americans not to dent things? Is not denting things not self-explainatory?

How does it turn?

All kinds of fun at the shop today. Fucker hit a turkey. Didn't stop and pick it up.

Usually the front and back axles are steerable. They'll turn that trailer pretty damn tight.

Because they're idiots, and you can point to the sign and threaten them with legal action.

Case in point:

Usually by chewing through a set of tires

Why would you want a road kill turkey

Goodnight sweet prince

Dinner, son.

Pre-tenderized.

Sitting at my company terminal, truck in the shop.

Listening to the drivers herp and derp at maximum volume about the ILLERMINATI.

Your hut is expired. The empire state uses the 22nd series gtfo of ny

Spent the majority of my home time working on my Toyobaru. TRD Lowering Springs and a Perrin Master Cylinder Brace.

Sweet Jesus impact guns are great.

Its more like a "don't fuck around too much near this" sign

Yeah, I try not to be at Swift terminals for the same reason.

Turkey is overrated.

stance it

looking at getting a cb for my car, figured you guys would know about those
there's no real reason to spend more than a cheap cobra right?

Sounds like every terminal I've ever been to. It can be very entertaining in small doses, but I feel for you not having a truck you can go hide in when it gets to be too much.

Has anyone ever tried keeping their cab floors clean with a roomba?

Cbs are like Xbox live mics. No one has one, if they do it probably isn't on, and the people who do use them haven't graduated high school and are just talking about how they raped your mom. Spend as much as you like, just know what you're getting yourself into

it's more for use between friends for convoys and such, but thanks

Forklift dude here, today an intermodal container came into my warehouse infested with spiders. Curious if anyone has ever had a similar experience.

>have 22nd series
>never used 21st series
>ran illegally during 20th series
>whole scheme ruled illegal
That's $44 down the drain.

>whiney wasted a year's income on a shitbox he gets to drive 30 days a year
Kek.

Meat is meat and the DNR doesn't shit its pants over turkey.

Get one used, peaked, tuned, and installed with quality components and you'll pay 150% for 600% more radio.

Nope. My freight is covered in poison and cooked/frozen on my trailer.

Otr guys, when you have a day or two off do you have to go back to the terminal or will they let you just drive the tractor home? I'm wondering because I'm interested in a Texas regional job that has one day off then two off the next weekend. But the terminal is in Dallas and I live on the other side of houston. It's not worth driving that far back home for one night off.

Pls. no.

Top Kek. I've had this car for three years, I didn't buy it as a result of trucking.

Does anyone here drive a Volvo? Think what you will of me but I love the look of these. How (un)reliable are they?

>Pls. no.

i will also accept itasha

Looks pretty cuckish. Why can't trucks just look like this? I hate these designs that try to look like ford f150s

Just buy a mack. They are basically volvos

Yep. The spores got in my clothing and ended up infesting my whole basement with them. It will take a couple weeks for them to hatch but expect a 3000$ exterminator bill if you ever want them out

Wew lad, that is literally my next undertaking. I'm gonna be a virgin forever once I do it but I like to believe it will be well worth it.

This is what I'm thinking of doing.

Saw this truck the other day. It's roughly the same setup my brothers will be.
This guy had a full delete isx pushin 700 horses.

I'm jelly sitting over here in my lot truck lol

Jesus christ at least pick a better anime.

Are you a wizard?

>isx pushin 700 horses.

Yeah, I bet it gets 4mpg at that too. Only way to make cummins produce power is wind up the fuel rate.

>tfw no V8 mack with a 5 inch turbo

Such as what?

Almost.

Loaded a bit light lads

43.15 T O N N E S
T
O
N
N
E
S

What happens when you swerve to avoid a drunk driver in a 4x4.

At least you can replace the turbo easily now

Kek

that's not the correct use of a bullbar

Is that all.

Need to find the pic of the truck. It burnt to the ground. Was a work mate.

Did he survive?

They reskinned the trailer and its back in service.

Yes.
Hurt his ankle kicking out the windscreen and a small burn on his hand and wrist. Truck was well aflame when he got out.

Old cunt was kissed on the dick by an angel that day.

>Swerving for a car that comes into your lane

Truck would've took much less damage if you would've just went ahead and killed the degenerate drunk driver

Any owner ops here, with authority?

My paycheck took a nasty hit, this year is fucking apocolypse tier when it comes to finding decent paying loads. Anyone else having this issue? Im driving east to west, $4900 gross, when i made roughly 2k more last year. I had to wait a day on top of that.

Is there any discussion concerning a pickup in frieght pay any time soon? This is shit beyond shit.

Stretched frames are retarded on anything other than show trucks.

Depends on the company. Saw a terminal maybe 3 times a year at Werner.

See a few hundred of them with panels rattling and flapping around every day.

Are you a door swinging cuck?

>implying tankers aren't show trucks

Do you sometimes have to take a worse paying load to get close to a good paying one?

Pump truck fag here set a personal record for oldest couger fucked last night she was 36 came into work pretty fucking drained and hungover

I just got a job offer from Swift, they're the first company to get back to me with an offer. If I take it I'll have to go to Columbus, Ohio on Monday. They offered a bus ticket if I couldn't/didn't want to drive. It's a 3 day orientation and then I'm in a truck with a trainer. I should probably take the bus because otherwise my personal vehicle would be stuck in Ohio, right? What about packing clothes or food?

Just cause it has to ability to dump more fuel doesn't mean you drive around dumping fuel.

From what platform of experience are you speaking from?

Failed deliverys to date due to long wheelbase : zero.

Never mind clothes/food.

Do you want to work 70hr weeks being paid at/less than min wage?
Get a local gig instead

Nothing local in West Virginia, bro. Good thing is I already have my cdl paid for so I can quit as soon as a better offer comes up.

>Gearshift bump
>Seat bump
>Gearshift bump
>Knock over trash
>Get caught in trash can
>Catch fire

How does that work when you go somewhere for training? Do they put you up in a hotel?

>be me
>truckin' with roombro
>roombro is pretty based, but kind of a dunce
>decides it's dirty under the brake pedal
>at the same time a child runs into the road chasing a ball
>try to slam on brakes
>NOBRAKESONTHISTRAIN.JPG
>flatten child and swerve into the orphanage he came from
>hauling gas btw
>news headlines read "CLEAN CHAOS: Roomba kills one hundred orphans and a trucker in fiery accident"

This is why I don't trust robots.

They let themselves go since you were there. I'd end up stuck for weekends at terminals fairly regularly
Bus. It will suck. Try to limit your gear to two bags. 1 duffle and 1backpack/shower bag
2 weeks of clothes.
Deodorant,towel,shower supplies like soap, shaving gear,hand towel,
Gloves, sunglasses, extra deodorant
when you are with the trainer you will probably only have the space at the foot of the bed to work with. I'd recommend a beach towel for the seat when you drive as you will get nasty and no one likes sharing stank butt.
Get a phone charger and some small form of entertainment other than the phone as you will probably burn data quick. Think the DS is popular now, I'm still chilling with my first gen psp personally.
You are going to be at the whim of the trainer so don't expect much free time. If you aren't driving you should be sleeping.
Sign up for them cuck point rewards soon as you get the chance as free showers will be a wonderful thing.
And get some form of headset that isn't the little jaw deal or you won't hear shit.

I'm not an O/O but Swift has sent videos through the Qualcomm about how there hasn't been much freight for the beginning of the year and that it's starting to pick up. I'm not sure if that will be synonymous with freight paying more but that's all the info I have.

Anyone want to give a pay summary for an OTR trucker? My lazy googling says the pay is 35k a year to start.

Nope. We don't get containers, so almost everything is either refrigerated or in a curtain-sider. Otherwise, it's food industry stuff so it tends to be cleaned out regularly.
We do get exotic spiders clinging to the bananas or apples sometimes, usually dead. Or shrink-wrapped onto a cucumber.

We had a rat problem, but that seems to have cleared up now the building site's gone. The store was built on an old hospital, so they were breeding in the old basements that had been improperly filled with concrete. I think my habits of keeping everything tidy and ordered and playing heavy metal over speakers during working hours encouraged them to fuck off somewhere that couldn't afford exterminators.

There's pigeons inhabiting the ceiling despite my efforts to oust them, and I killed a moth today.

Otherwise, we have a serious case of Managers. But that's an inherent, industry-wide problem.
We literally only need them to talk to other managers. And if there aren't any around, our team leaders can talk directly to the team leaders of other departments, and stuff just gets done without upper layers of management getting involved.
I'm just waiting on someone signing off on the chiller and freezer rebuild I was promised last year when I started bitching about the lack of room.

>Why can't trucks just look like this?
Aerodynamics.

WOW, look at that unused wasted space between trailer and tractor there! I bet the fuel bill loves that.

This. Tank, don't evade.

Yeah that's about right.

What about hours driving, pto, benefits?

I'd get into trucking with a pay range of 50-75k

Good luck, I'm on track to making at most $45k this year. You don't get paid for hours, only miles unless it's detention pay or layover. You can sign up for benefits too, but I couldn't tell you how good they are.

Best route is O/O once you have the experience, and understanding of how to run a business. Then you'll be in the six figure area.

Did the whole NYC thing today. Wasn t too bad. Straight shot to JFK airport.

Muh brick trucks are an antiquated ideal and anyone preferring them over a well executed modern truck is simply obsessed with an idealized romantic past.

Thanks, by hours I meant hours driven per week. My fault for not clarifying.

Off early on a Friday wage cuck is best cuck

Pretty darn handsome.

Yeah 2 or 3 nights but some RL stuff came up and I had to decline their job offer.

>LOCAL
Break dat $50k jeezy

I ended up at like $42klast year which was kinda gay, but that was also because I was on Worker's Comp for 2 months. I also had my route cut on Mondays quite a bit in the first half of the year. I'm definitely on track to do $50k-$55k this year unless I get run over by a car again.

Enjoy dem back/arm problems in 5 years

Macks are goat

Lmao how did you get hit by a car

Why is the T660 so sexy?

>Macks are goat
- Word Salad Robot-kun

>Are you a door swinging cuck?

Dont know what this even. I just took one of my dads trucks/trailers and drive fruits west coast to east mostly on my own. Leased on him but its "mine". 10 days on, 12-14 off then on again.

he was asking if you had a box trailer. he drives a flatbed trailer and has tism, so anyone not is a failure incapable of running their own business.

Bad news: you're not making much money.

More bad news: you fit the stereotype TFag painted you as.

Good news the easy fix is to actually drive, instead of taking short vaycays in between doing nothing.

>5 years
Hahaha. My body already hurts daily. My left shoulder always kill at the end of heavy days because of a BMX accident a few years back.

Dude in a pickup truck came flying down some side street in reverse and pinned me up against my trailer while I was unloading some shit.

Because Kenworth

Fleet mechanic said they had tons of Macks at his last job and didn't like them. Either the engines were shit but everything else worked well or the engines were good but the rest of the truck would rattle apart. Can't remember which way that went.

>Bad news: you're not making much money.
>More bad news: you fit the stereotype TFag painted you as.

ahh, I see. Well, I own a reefer which I hauled cherries for roughly 9k to florida each month and not even including the shit I hauled back I rarely heard from others pulling that amount.

Problem, its shit now even with harvests starting. Driving is painful for shit wages. Wasn't sure if company drivers knew whats up, I only talk to my dispatcher/ a broker here, so I'm fucking clueless.

>engines can be literally anything you wanna put in there
>can't recall if it was the actual truck sucked ass, or the engines weren't good

Macks are cheap. They're bought not for their reliability, comfort, or serviceability; they're bought because they're cheaper (in every sense of the word), and are only gonna be used to haul construction equipment or the like a couple miles down the road. They're vehicles used in service to other vehicles: hauling a dozer, hauling the crane, hauling cherry pickers/lifts/pumps/compactors/etc.

That's why you never see them OTR, or why you won't even really see them on the road.

Literally just an "eh, it's gets the job done" kind of a vehicle.

They'll get worse.
And therapy/medicine/ointments won't help you.
My dad worked 20 years at a construction company. Got surgery on both arms due to bad rotator cuff

People are bitching all over about freight being down so what you're seeing are the marginal guys trying to survive by moving into areas they didn't do before. They still won't survive because everybody else is trying to do the same thing and depressing rates because of overcapacity. I expect that next year those guys will have moved on after having gone out of business and rates will pick back up but you've gotta get through the tough times yourself.

Not really.

This here was caused by not swerving. It tore the front axle clean oit and he just had to hold on for the ride. Luckily the fifth wheel broke when the trailer rolled several times.