Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

Localization ovation edition

>Great news!
-Monster Hunter Generations along with special edition N3DS XLs is out!
-Kiranico and MHX Dex updated

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

discord.me/mhg

Tags: MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MHFU, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread Missing link Missing link Missing link

Other urls found in this thread:

store.nintendo.com/ng3/browse/subcategory.jsp?categoryId=cat50005&locale=&categoryPage=true
youtube.com/watch?v=L-tVyj71Z_8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for azure rathalos

Something something cute monsters something

That scene immediately after beating Glavenus
>mfw

What DS should I get?

store.nintendo.com/ng3/browse/subcategory.jsp?categoryId=cat50005&locale=&categoryPage=true

or you could fix that with one drop of superglue

What do against spooky bone dragon? Haven't tried yet

What is early game zenny farming? Not HR yet.

A new pad you twat, it comes 185€ cheaper than a new handheld

>charge blade went from high skill cap weapon to brainless mash weapon
Adept Gunlance fills the void of Gp->AED but at the cost of having to use a gunlance

smack the tentacles

>Best monster isn't in

attack his not-head tentacle things.

How? Just because of the point guard visual cues that are STILL hard as fuck to actually land?

cb was never high skill

>gp hard
lol

Which HBGs have really good built in ammo?

What do you mean? they are the boner hydra's twin heads

>barioth and quru both show up in stories instead

youtube.com/watch?v=L-tVyj71Z_8

Do you have any related pictures or videos?
I'm an illetrate about electronics.

it's a giant cuttlefish

I like the new Seltas one with Dazzling ammo.

Not sure what it does, but it feels good and looks like a railgun so I'm game.

>heavy type for bows
Hmm

>garuga does his shitty roar-to-tail-flip combo
>roll towards him with aerial switch axe
>knock him down mid-flight
feels good

isn't that the flashbomb ammo?

>Dazzling S: A high-speed light round.

This is from the in game hunter's notes. They travel fast.

nah, dazzling is lightspeed fired ammo.

flash S is flash bombs

but what about barroth? I love my little shovelhead

he's bathing in a better place now user...

Daily reminder Aerial SA is the easiest weapon/style in the game.

I'm gonna try to epoxy it but I might just give it to a friend and get a refurbed N3DS.

Could do that, it isn't like I've never taken this thing apart anyway.

That begs the question of why they didn't just hold off on adding it until they could fix underwater combat instead. Most of those attacks work on the assamption that you can dodge freely in any direction, and not everyone has the luxury of either jumping around with the IG/aerial style to get past the endless AoEs, or just camping with the Bowgun so they can hurt it without even being in range of said AOEs (an easy task now between Deadeye and Long-type shots).

They should've just brought in Barroth, Barioth, Yama Tsukami, or even fucking Lao-Shan Lung instead of a monster with a moveset that had to be crudely altered because the gimmick it was created to showcase no longer exists. I'm almost tempted to add Gobul to that list, but it was just as heavily adapted to underwater combat and Gypceros already fills in as the annoying asshat who flashes you constantly.

>throw a boomerang at Tetsu while he's jumping with a rock in his mouth
>the boomerang breaks the rock, staggers him mid air and kills him
>mfw

I'd wager my Adept Dual Blades are easier

Attack the tentacles then the rainbow spot on his back when he falls over.

HR 5 mizutsune. cannot for the life of me beat it
66-3744-9944-9648

uragaan is confirmed in from a trailer, so who knows

Nobody liked underwater combat. This was polled, acknowledged, and worked with. It's gone kiddo.

I responded to that here in the previous thread.

You'd be wrong because Adept Style doesn't spend half the hunt with the monster knocked over.

IIRC, what it doesn't tell you is that it has no critical distance so it deals the same amount of damage no matter how far away the monster is, and apparently it's damage isn't reduced as much from heavily armored spots. Or at least that's what I heard from here. I don't know if it's ever been tested or anything.

>carry me

Aerial is the easiest style, followed by Adept.
Aerial you completely ignore everything about monster hunter and spam jump attacks.

Adept still requires you to vaguely know how to play monster hunter, just gives you free baby e+3 dodges.

Guild and Striker are for the OGs

Don't roll when you get the blue shit on you. It's easy as hell just to move out of the way of his attack.
Find the pool in the arena and roll in it to remove the blue.

>can't beat hunt
>goes to /mhg/

Wow.

Confirmed for having no clue what you're talking about.
Spamming jump attacks will just get your shit slapped midair by the monster.
Dodging in aerial requires more skill than adept because you actually have to time your jump to connect with the monster at the apex.

were any other flagship monsters left out? they might've just felt beholden. I really wish mizu wrassled lagi instead of zinogre, leviathan fight would've been awesome.

I've been using a lot of Striker SA in my village quest, and it's been fun, with only one superdodge and no EE so far, it's harder than other weapons.
Decided to try Aerial SA just to get some experience. Remember GajinGoomba said it was so much fun. Turn out its just spamming jump, and then wail on whatever bodypart you wish, rinse and repeat. It's so boring and I feel like Im getting worse playing this mindless style.
I think it's great if you really want to farm certain parts, but man, what a boring playstyle.

Are Steve weapons good in MHGen? Or are they completely overshadowed by deviant stuff?

I mean, you're not entirely wrong but Adept lets me counterattack every single thing a monster does, and avoid dropping my bar so I can still flurry and regular demon dodge.

Monster roars? Can counterattack it and get half a bar in Demon Mode, slide around a bit then hit the monster more. Trample damage? You can counter attack that, too.

It honestly feels the easiest thing ever. That said, I can't stand playing Aerial Switch Axe, which is why I play Adept Dual Blades and Striker Switch Axe instead

>Spamming jump attacks will just get your shit slapped midair by the monster.
Never once have had this happen to me outside bulldrome when flashbanged. I'm HR5 and still using starter SA lmao.

how do i beat teostra using a bow? i cant hit its head

>Tfw avoiding adept and aerial because I'm afraid the little skill I have will degrade

>Aerial is about spamming jump attacks

Found the frenchie.

I know that, but I'm certain it wouldn't have been so hated if they just fixed how the camera worked underwater. The concept itself isn't bad, but the execution was shit because they never gave enough thought to how the controls should work.

At any rate, why the fuck should you be fighting the "Lord of the Seas" on land? They could have just as easily created a brand new electricity-using Leviathan instead and nobody would have a problem with it.

Mizuno would get his shit kicked in by lagi.

I personally never had to open my 3DS so far, shouldn't be that hard though, just check youtube for some tutorials and I guess you'll have to buy Nintendo specific screwdrivers. (Usually cost jack shit)

Repaired a few PSPs back in the day, even as electronics illiterate it's still easy to repair broken boards and parts. It's pretty much plug and play anyway, just on a smaller scale.

The only thing you need to get used to is applying the right amount of force to unlock a part even if you think it's gonna break.

Your choice, personally was looking for a reason to get me a N3DS too.

In the end I just can't go without my CPP at this point, it's a shame the new one doesn't support it. I would take higher textures and a better framerate anytime if I would get the same comfort.

How do I break the mizutsune's claws? I swear I shot at them them until I was out of thunder S and normal S lvl2 and by then I had broken the head without even trying but neither claw had been broken.

It's boring because it's braindead easy.
You can't play a weapon that requires you to brainlessly mash B-> A over and over until the monster topples and then X+A, A, A, A, A, A, A, A, A, A...R?

Confirmed for wrong.

I stopped Aerial GS because the biggest threat was the hunt taking longer than 4 minutes on monsters that move away after every jump. It's boring af and easy af.

So in 4U
>Play solo up to high rank
>Go online and play low rank guild
>Afterwards go back offline and finish high rank caravan
>Then go online and play the rest of the game

Does generations have an order like this or did everyone's brains rot doing gathering quests and now everyone just plays online?

Here comes a new challenger!

?????

>gen 2 swamp
>no black gravios

;_;

>Striker OG
>Striker I have 3 """Supers""""
>OG

Only respectable players are the Guild style players

Go for his tail.

They're seemingly impossible to break, and you get claws from carves/rewards. Don't bother.

hunters are literal retards

No, but they could have just as easily settled for giving it a cameo like they did with Plessy in 4U.

everything is overshadowed by deviant stuff

but you need stuff to get the deviant stuff

Just jump straight into guild quests, and do caravan/villagers at the end of High rank start of G
You can solo or do it online, but most here prefer soloing guild before playing online.

Surprisingly, Adept hasn't deteriorated my ability to dodge regularly. Possibly because I just treat it the same as I would with a regular evasion.

It's not that I can't use it, I can't tolerate the playstyle, I guess. It just really bothers me and I couldn't enjoy the Style at all. Not even on the topic of whether it's easy or not, it just isn't my playstyle

I've checked all the requirements for the Glavenus GS and I have at least one of each but it hasnt appeared in the smithy. Does anyone have any idea why?

how much content does generations have

>tfw she finds your Khezu onahole

All the good deviant weapons are their own paths right? So you can't craft into them?

>Plug 3DS male/male aux jack into big ass surround sound
>Still playing on a babby-sized handheld that cramps my hand

Something about this is retarded, but the music is too good.

Has athenas ass been updated for generations?

what do I need to prep for nakarkos?

Take tranq bombs

Your asshole

can you even cap it?

>hr quest monsters hit harder than village ones
why

No, that's not what you use them for. It has a hilarious weakness to them while preparing one attack

can someone explain to me how aerial sa is more braindead than regular sa? I remember playing sa in Tri, you ran up to the monster's butt, sworded it until you were blue in the face, reloaded and then ran back to its butt. all aerial SA does is let you hack at its head/back instead of having to get opposite to its mouthy bits.

is it just the perfect dodge on aerial vaults, because I gotta say jumping over a ludroth roll feels a ton better than just eating it because you can't stop your swing when you see his tell.

WHICH ATTACK
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

how do you call that little "earthquake/shaking" effect when you hit a monster at the right range using a bow?

in the OP you gaylord

Because they're high rank, you retard. Village is low rank only.

critical range

spam jump
spam axe chops when monster toppled

repeat
you don't have to worry about anything in the fight, just keep spamming b into a
tri SA required you to actually play monster hunter

It's called critical distance

So what are the best hunter arts for charge blade?
I'm probably going adept style. I'm guessing the overcharge one to get 9 phials? Maybe the heal one for groups?

Your mom getting out of bed
ZING

Reminder to kick all LS, SA and DB users from your rooms. Let them have fun tripping each other.

>Village is low rank only

Seriously?

>I remember playing sa in Tri, you ran up to the monster's butt, sworded it until you were blue in the face, reloaded
You weren't meant to do this even in Tri. You were meant to morph slash out of Sword Mode and start overheading things because the only monsters that gave you room to reload manually were a really tired Deviljho or Jhen. Alatreon would almost never give you room to manually reload unless you were in a group filled with people cheesing it, and those three monsters were the endgame of Tri.

Don't get me wrong, I love Switch Axe and I agree it's mindless, but there are things that people aren't meant to do, and watching your gauge empty is one of those things.

I'm not spoiling it, but it's the attack with a really, really, really long build up. It's just such a silly weakness for an attack to have

i want to swim with lagiacrus!!!