/wtc/ - Witcher, Cyberpunk and Gwent General - (/krw/, /cpg/, /gwt/)

OTP Edition

Standalone Gwent is announced!
playgwent.com

Blood & Wine and patch 1.22 is released!
New Region trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=ZEJT5XRftOU
Launch trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=OP-ZsLYGJfQ
Patchnotes: wpc.4d7d.edgecastcdn.net/004D7D/mkt/document/Changelog-1.22-ENG.pdf

HoS developer stream: twitch
.tv/gogcom/v/21846005

Downloads:
>Latest patch, free DLCs, The Witcher books(first 5 are official, the remaining fan translations are of varying quality) and short stories
f.wtcg.pl/

Links:
>Pastebin containing Witcher gear locations, TW1+2 and books info
pastebin.com/qhpfPiqJ
>Console Commands Currently broken
mmo-game.eu/witcher-3-debug-console-commands/
>Where do I find Gwent cards?
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15RUB-aG3Y2mRY3oWyNY1TlfDTRE-ySgNURUfTpMH0XQ/edit?usp=sharing
gwentcards.com/
>Witcher lore series for newfriends
youtube.com/watch?v=YrrzVp2HIMk&feature=youtu.be&list=PL7pGJQV-jlzCMqEAP49QApVHNJeZxxdL9
>All vanilla Gwent cards ready to be printed out
imgur.com/a/gV1y5
>Redirect to the current thread
wtcg.pl

Cyberpunk 2077
>First trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=P99qJGrPNLs
>Creator about Cyberpunk 2077's world
youtube.com/watch?v=xYxt7cwDk4E

Previous thread:

HoS > BnW

I want to brutally rape Ciri until her vagina bleeds.

this tbdesu fampai

That picture is degenerate alo I didnt get enough validation the last thread so rate this picture and agree with me. Thanks in Advance.

nilfgaard best deck

5/10
I disagree

Nope. Sorry.

fucking cancer

What is this?

Triss' new Gwent card from Gwent Standalone.

So they're redesigning everything? I guess that's good, though I still don't trust them to balance it. What's this bullshit I hear about it having a story mode?

2 decides which two characters I wrote fapfic about

The story and characters were more engaging but the content was lacking and it was all set in boring old Velen, whereas Toussaint is large and beautiful.

Yennefer of Corvo Bianco

A Chort

>run roach
>what the fuck do you think I'm doing?

White Rayla and Toruviel.

HoS is a straight forward woman with a great personality and girl-next-door looks. BnW is a bimbo with huge tits

Quests are what matters, and HoS has great ones

Yeah, they are redesigning a bunch of stuff, each hero will have several different cards, I saw a couple of Geralt's, 2 different Triss cards, same with Yen, who knows what else will they add. The game will have a story mode, four 10 hour long campaigns were mentioned, one for each deck, and possible more when they add more decks. They mentioned it will have choices and consequences, but how it will all look like in the end...I guess we'll have to wait and see.

So does BnW, more of them in fact.

>So does BnW, more of them in fact.
Nah. It has like one very good part of the main quest and a bunch of good to decent ones. Nothing truly great.

So I finished HoS but I need around 500 more exp to get to level 69 so I can wear the Viper gear, but I dont wanna do any quests because Id rather do them while Im in my Viper gear because I wanna enjoy it before I start BaW and immediately switch to Manticore armor. Any ideas on how to get exp without questing?

Toussaint's scenery got old pretty quickly tbqh. It's pretty but outside of the city it's all just saturated green that hurts the eyes and not enough variety. Skellige is still the most beautiful and atmospheric area of W3 imo, comparable with Lakeside/Murky Waters.

>Toussaint's scenery got old pretty quickly tbqh. It's pretty but outside of the city it's all just saturated green that hurts the eyes and not enough variety. Skellige is still the most beautiful and atmospheric area of W3 imo,
this tbqh

It's vibrant and colorful.

Velen and Skellige have some kind of poop filter.

HoS has two oustanding quests (Scenes From a Marriage and Dead Mans Party) and a bunch of good ones. BaW has three outstanding quests (The tourney quest, the quest with RAGING REGIS, and Beyond Hill and Dale) and several other good ones. Plus BaW has much more content, and an amazing new area. HoS is good but BaW is better for sure.

The sidequests in HoS are also bland, didnt really realize it until I played it again the other day. Not much outside if the story, whereas BaW has both good story and side quests.

>and Skellige have some kind of poop filter.
It's called the color blue. You may need to see a doctor.

nigga pls, I wouldnt mind to spend the rest of my life in a place like that, drinking wine, killin monsters and banging cuties

I agree with this, I enjoyed both expansions, but B&W was a bit better overall.

>(The tourney quest, the quest with RAGING REGIS, and Beyond Hill and Dale)
Only Beyond Hill and Dale is outstanding. Tourney quest is good, RAGING REGIS is mediocre to bad.

BaW's story is poorly written and rushed.

Shani is perfection.

And this is why CDPR will become Bioware.

saskia and villentretenmerth

>I wouldnt mind to spend the rest of my life in a place like that, drinking wine, killin monsters and banging cuties
You may not mind it but that doesn't mean it's what you'd accomplish there

I disagree. The Tourney quest was better than everything in HoS except for Scenes From a Marriage, Beyond Hill and Dale was Witcher 3's best quest overall. And its painfully obvious ( to me anyway) there was more effort put into BaW, HoS felt like it was just there to tide you over for the huge second expansion sonce it was released over a year after the main game came out. Not saying HoS isnt God-tier because it is, but I cant see how BaW wasnt better. Just me though.

>mfw Skjall
Poor kid, he was just trying to be a good person. I met Morkvarg and I can't imagine why anyone would decide to lift the curse. He was a shitlord before and he's a shitlord now.

>And its painfully obvious ( to me anyway) there was more effort put into BaW,
You're kidding right? It's very unpolished, from writing, to quest triggers to fucking clippin and weird graphical issues. Roach floated across half the streets because his animations would freeze

>Poor kid
He shouldn't have tried to fuck Ciri, that girl brings nothing but trouble.

i lifted the curse so he'd tell me about the treasure. as soon as he started to walk away i rended him in half. no way im letting that crazy fuck live.

Plus it has mutiple different endings with multiple permutations (Syanna dead or alive, Anarietta dead or alive, Dettlaff dead or alive, Yennefer/Ciri/Dandelion at Corvo Bianco, etc) rather than just two final dialogue options. Also it had witcher contracts and better gear and didnt amount to fetch quests outside the main story.

>Poor kid, he was just trying to be a good person. I met Morkvarg and I can't imagine why anyone would decide to lift the curse. He was a shitlord before and he's a shitlord now.
So kill him. He's a terrible person but not literal eternal torment terrible. Plus, y'know, he keeps killing innocent people.

>(Syanna dead or alive, Anarietta dead or alive, Dettlaff dead or alive, Yennefer/Ciri/Dandelion at Corvo Bianco, etc)
Only one ending permutation is any good and the Corvo Bianco dialogue is universally awful.

>Also it had witcher contracts and better gear and didnt amount to fetch quests outside the main story.
There was more dialogue in its sidequests than Hearts of Stone but they had the same structure for the most part as any sidequests in the main game.

Maybe it's because I was replaying VTMB before B&W dropped, but I didn't like most of the new vampire lore at all. All the shit about clans and everything you learn in Tesham Mutna felt kind of forced, like I was reading some cheeky fanfiction. The part with the Unseen Elder felt like it could have been a beginning of something rather cool, but there wasn't enough of it and that quest was quite underdeveloped compared to the fairy tale counterpart anyway.

I wish they'd put more care and effort into the Orianna/Unseen Elder's path. I didn't give a shit about Syanna, but I would have liked to spend more time with the vampires.

Never encountered anything like that. If youre talking strictly technical issues than I cant really speak for it since I didnt run into anything except for one bug where Roach wouldnt do his quest until I reloaded a save. BaW feels like a true expansion that you can put dozens of hours into. Plus its a great sendoff for Geralts character.

>and it was all set in boring old Velen,
Novigrad. Stop calling the Novigrad hinterland Velen just because they load at the same time.

Fuck I hate Dice Poker.

There I am, second round, down 1, I roll a full house and he's rolled a pair of 2's. Im just sitting here thinking yeah suck my dick suck my diiiiiiick.

Then he re rolls everything but his pair of 2's and gets 5 of a kind.

it's fixed, what do you expect? shit minigame

Wish I had a mod to just auto win it so I don't have to sit here and save scum for half an hour until it finally gives me a win.

I refuse to not finish the quest.

>All the shit about clans and everything you learn in Tesham Mutna felt kind of forced, like I was reading some cheeky fanfiction. The part with the Unseen Elder felt like it could have been a beginning of something rather cool, but there wasn't enough of it
Blood and Wine.txt

Whole story is like this, and most sidequests. Witch of Lynx Crag? Wine Wars? Lady of the Lake?

>Plus its a great sendoff for Geralts character.
It's a terrible sendoff since it's forced as hell and counter to almost everything the rest of the series has ever been about.

>only one is any good
Disagree, and people seemed to argue over which is the best one nonstop

>they had the same structure
No they didnt. HoS was filled with treasure hunt quests that was basically "find key x, loot letter y, loot chest z, quest over". That felt like 90% of the side quests. The Shani side quest was just an extension of Dead Mans Party. Finding Folkert Was the only decent one but even that one was kind of boring. As I said HoS offered nothing of any real interest outside the great story, BaW offered tons. And the quests had more dialoge but they were also longer and there was much more of them. HoS had 22 quests, BaW had around 75.

what if

hey guys

what if

guys listen

what if we sent off the characters by like

listen seriously

putting stuff into the ending of the main game

like, dialogue and plot and stuff

guys?

guys where are you going?

>Whole story is like this, and most sidequests. Witch of Lynx Crag? Wine Wars? Lady of the Lake?
You're right. It sucks that Roach got more lines than Lady of the Lake and some statue's balls had more focus than the witch. I guess they just really wanted to churn out as many memes as possible.

>and people seemed to argue over which is the best one nonstop
People are idiots and will argue over almost anything.

So I can't mod the Witcher 3 at all? I downloaded it through steam but Nexus Mod Manager encounters errors when trying to install a mod and if I try to manually install them it says they can't find the right files.

plshelp

Looking at my quest journal HoS had

>five good main quests
>four side quests, one of which was going to a bunch of bandit camps, one was just selling some guy a painting, another one was just talking to the taxman
>1 race
>nine treasure hunts (looting a bunch of chests)

Not really anything substantial. The other three were just part of Open Sesame split into three parts for the heist setup. There are only 20.

I wish I could and I did see your post, but I genuinely don't know what the problem is. Sorry user.

Oh there was also the runewright where you had to drop over 30k to get somewhat decent upgrades, havent done that yet and likely wont.

>Looking at my quest journal

In terms of writing:
HoS>Wild Hunt>B&W

In terms of content:
Wild Hunt>B&W>HoS

There you go.

I'm going on vacation to Kovir. What should I bring with me?

And overall

BaW>HoS>Wild Hunt

Though thats kind of unfair considering its a lot harder to maintain quality over 150+ hours than over 15-35 hours.

Yen. :^)

I count the main quest higher than side quests by a lot so while I agree with your first list for the second I'd go Wild Hunt>HoS>B&W. But that's just me.

Buy some cakes for Triss and say hello to Geralt.

>BaW>HoS>Wild Hunt
Absolutely disgusting. What does BaW have that Wild Hunt doesn't offer besides a new color palette and lots of fanservice. The mutatation system, I guess?

Mittens and enough babies to keep the oven warm.

Its better. So is Hearts of Stone. Theure not really an an ecen playing field though since two are expansions and one is an actual base game.

I'd say that it's:

HoS>Wild Hunt>B&W

Mainly because B&W had some quests that were just boring for me (Wine Wars is an example). And while B&W has its moments, it just seems pretty inconsistent in terms of quality.

The only part of WIld Hunt that really bored me was Novigrad and some of its quests. The only things that B&W has going for it are the pretty sceneries and interesting boss fights. Some sidequests are pretty good, some are pretty bland.

She can go without food or wine long enough to make the trek.

>BaW had some quests that bored me
Same for me with HoS regarding everything but the main quests. Everything else was boring. They honestly shouldve saved time and just put out the main quests.

this

Geralt said he was sick of politics and my shitty dinners and my shitty blow jobs and he left two weeks ago.

Best way to get exp after patch 1.23?

Riiiight...if you only said politics or blowjobs, maybe I would have believed you, but everyone knows Triss' dinners are perfect.

kill urself degenerate scum

It tastes like regurgitated zeugl anus

Euphoria is disgusting

One fucking quest just doubled my damage output

That's what my pasta was supposed to taste like. ;_;

Then I guess Geralt loves the taste of a regurgitated zeugl's anus.

What would Yennefer think is she saw what you degenerates write about her on here?

Was Blood and Wine written by the same team as the rest of the game or a different one?

She hangs out with mages. She'd be mildly bemused but nothing more. What do you think Ban Aard alumni are like? You've met Dethmold already.

>Was Blood and Wine written by the same team as the rest of the game or a different one?
Yes, all the main writers worked on it.

>Yes, all the main writers worked on it.
Define "Worked on it"? I'm hearing mixed things in different places. Like, oversight, did bits of the main quest, it's the same exact team that wrote everything? What?

Yes, whys that so surprising?

why is shani so perfect?

>Yes, whys that so surprising?
Very different tone and lower quality of writing overall?

Same team of people who wrote and worked on the main game also wrote and worked on both expansions. I think there is 5 or 6 of them, Marcin Blacha is the lead.

>very different tone
Agree.

>lower quality of wiriting
Disagree.

Wait, can you let detlaff live?

Must have really hit the wodka.

I disagree with your disagreement. I also disagree that you agree.

Depends on the ending.

You can but you shouldnt.

How? Regardless of whatever choices I made, I gutted him.

Don't get the ribbon.

And let him walk away.

Lamber Lambert, what a prick
I really want to suck his dick
I'd cup his balls, I'd lick his bum
I'd let him fill my throat with cum

She's a down-to-earth, nice, attractive girl. And she just seems like a generally pleasant person to be around.

Shame that her arc ended so abruptly.

writefags should write a fic about vesemir molesting a young lambert :3

not bad

Shani had a character arc?