/agdg/ - Amateur Game Dev General

> Current Game Jam (Space)
itch.io/jam/agdg-space-jam

> Next Demo Day (X)
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-10

Helpful Links: tools.aggydaggy.com/# (Still in beta)
New Threads: Archive: boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/agdg/

> Chats
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgamedevcrew
webchat.freenode.net/?channels=vidyadev

> Previous Demo Days
pastebin.com/X6fLvtzA

> Previous Jams
pastebin.com/hVhvNWLw

> Engines
GameMaker: yoyogames.com/gamemaker
Godot: godotengine.org/
Haxe: haxeflixel.com/
LÖVE: love2d.org/
UE4: unrealengine.com/what-is-unreal-engine-4
Unity: unity3d.com/

> Models/art/textures/sprites
opengameart.org/
blender-models.com/
mayang.com/textures/

> Free audio
machinimasound.com/
freesound.org/browse/
incompetech.com/music/
freemusicarchive.org/

Other urls found in this thread:

machinimasound.com/
freesound.org/browse/
incompetech.com/music/
freemusicarchive.org/
soundcloud.com/groups/agdg-audiofriends
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Wahoo!!!

>tfw 2d non-physics game so I never get funny bugs to memepost

adding major features I completely overlooked
>how is this for a night?

Lets collab guys

no

nth for depression dev

It seems to me like the stars abruptly end and there is just a wide stripe of different dark colour. Maybe that's just how it looks on my monitor or something. Maybe try ending stars at less uniform heights?

>> Free audio
>machinimasound.com/
>freesound.org/browse/
>incompetech.com/music/
>freemusicarchive.org/
AGDG soundcloud group where?

I think the night sky in the middle of the nowhere should look a lot more interesting than that.
You can barely see the stars right now, it's like you're in the middle of a city.
Wait... that could be a cool event.

soundcloud.com/groups/agdg-audiofriends

here

A soundcloud group is not "free audio", I already told you that.

Yes, the vivid colors make it look really similar. I am trying to avoid it.

I didn't want it to be too distracting but maybe I got the wrong idea after all
>that could be a cool event
I've actually have written an idea like that
>2. You couldn’t see it in the city, but far from lights and smog the celestial alignment is clear

It's not really premature tho, I'm having problems recording it at 60 fps to post the progress webms.
Stop complaining about this, I added it like two days ago but other people tend to forget that it exists and don't add it, if it really triggers you post about it when we are about to hit the bump limit.

Who's working on the dance competition game

set your game to output a png of every frame for after you press a key.

then combine them later into a webm.

That's a cool power she has, moving wine bottles with her mind.

I realized my game will never bne good and just lost all my motivation to work on it agdg. How do I get it back?

Just remember that Flappy Fucking Bird was a gigantic success.

experimenting with a new thing

Good one. I'll try to work today then.

A cross between the mother base gameplay from phantom pain, and evil genius. Any takers?

Original idea do not steal

Is that like an erotic version of flappy bird where every time you lose there's a random chance you get a smutty cg?

Am I imagining things or are there no more pretentious indie games anymore? It seems like it's all about the "arcade experiences" nowadays.

VR arcade bars are going to be the new douchey craft brewery/air hockey table bars in like, no time at all

Just as I thought I was done with animating, after spending half a day setting up animations into the engine I realized I forgot to make a dodge and sprint animations for any characters

That's kinda hot.

Stealing this

There is that game - walking simulator with puzzles that took 7 years to make, I don't remember it's name, the one with the orange trees.
That one is pretty pretentious and recent.

>It was a tremendous learning experience. I still think it's the best idea I ever had, and the worst executed. A lot of times as a leader you think, "They don't get it; they don't see my vision." People were saying we should stop and address some issues along the way, and they were right. It would have been nice if I'd made sure the product tasted good. Once you have a great idea and you blow it, you don't get a chance to resurrect it.

This post is for googem whenever he finishes taking his 2nd nap of the day.

>called me a wagecuck while I was out earning more in a day than he does in a week

Hey spoogem tell me again how being proud of earning $12 is preferable to earning thousands of dollars a month in disposable income?

Do you have any idea how great it is to be employed doing something you like and have enough money to do whatever you want?

I mean you clearly don't like games, and you'd make more money begging on the street. (Bums routinely bring home $100 a day).

Is it because you're over 30 and have literally nothing for a resume because you've been leeching off your grandparents for a decade and know nobody will ever consider hiring you?

so has anyone made totally physics based characters like this? this one is just entirely apply force.

i'm having fun with the concept and today i try to make artificial muscles instead of just apply force. the fucking Vive VR market is going to ruin what i want to to with it though.

Fez is not that recent.

Happy people dont go around talking about how happy they are.
Who even cares about your employment?

Not that one

t. sad neet

JBlow's one?

Someone make a decent non-autistic SS13 already.

>bums
>bring home
uh...

>being triggered by posts meant for gogem
Think carefully about what this means for you. If you're not gogem you've got some life changes to make.

Nightly Game Jam #17 starts in 33 minutes

Tonights theme is angry birds / crush the castle

good luck!

>look at me I'm so happy

Yeah the blowjob guy, The Witness.

They make enough to get a hotel room for about $50 every night and they can do whatever they want with the other $50.

Let's say a bum does this for a week and only spends $20 a day besides the $50 for a room. Maybe $20 just for food (which is a good amount). He then saves the other $30.

After a week, the bum has saved $210 dollars and gogem has made $24. Gogem actually thinks he's outsmarting the world by avoiding work and living with this grandparents but the numbers just don't add up.

>followed by blackshell
i thought this was just a meme or something to scare nodevs, why is this happening, who did i wrong to deserve this

What about it?

Is the spin on these bullets too distracting?

Burn everything, delete all records, run. You're next.

i love making games

and i'd rather by poor and making games than rich doing something else

I'm going to make a blog just to see if he follow me too.

>equating money with happiness
Poorfag. The point is that being self sufficient is objectively better than being a pathetic leech who hides behind gamedev as if it's their profession.

r9k memes aside, how can you call someone who is paid to do something they enjoy a "slave"? Do slaves get paid?

Well, aren't bullets supposed to be distracting?

Money has no real worth. It's paper. Good job falling for the jew's tale though.

You really think earning a living wage + enough to have disposable income means someone is rich?

That's sad. You're ghetto as fuck in a bad way.

tumblr for progress
twitter for microblogging
reddit for shilling
agdg for shitposting

what are you even arguing?

I get paid to do what I enjoy. making games.

Twitter is the best marketing tool out of all of those.

Agdg for memes

I'll rewrite my whole controller because the "logic" I used is way too complicated and has some problems with gamepad(even though works with keypad it has a bit of problem with gamepad,even though works mostly fine)

Thanks for the OP picture!

I'm starting a 60K job next month.
My plan is to work for a year and then spend the 1.5 years after that making my game. I don't expect my annual expenses to exceed 20k.

Is this a good idea or not

Really? I never really understood the appeal of Twitter, I had an account years ago but everything just seemed like a strain of pointless thoughts and links I didn't feel like clicking.

nice reading comprehension bud

>I'm trolling right now
Poorly.

Anyway, money being paper doesn't change the fact that you can buy things with objective value with money. So when you get a job or make money it's so you can afford things and be a not-pathetic human being. It's not about holding onto pieces of paper.

This is something gogem doesn't understand. If he wants to buy something he just guilts his grandparents into digging into their retirement funds.

You don't "get paid" by making $24 a week at 31. You're at a net deficit in worth. You cost your grandparents and the world more than $24 a week.

If you want to tell people you "get paid" doing something you need to go beyond pickings-coins-out-of-the-couch income levels.

when are you gonna work on a normal game though

How about actually tracking your annual expenses for that year to be sure, and maybe working for 2 years or more to have some backup funds and so you dont look like a fucker who can't keep a job if you ever try to get another job somewhere.

I can buy things without money if I take them without paying.

character trail - the failed approach
if I remember correctly in classic snake everything was about previous position of each part that was passed starting from head
gonna try that next

Work on your game now. Don't ever quit your job to work on an indie game unless you've already got tens of thousands in Kickstarter money.

I live in a group home with my dad shitter. i don't know where you're getting grandparents from

and I pay my expenses including food on my own

Stop shitposting.

It depends on your abilities. Do you already have years of experience with coding, gamedev, art, etc?
1.5 years is pretty tight to make a game, unless the game is small or you're a professional programmer with years of experience.

If I were you I'd work for a few years, save as much as you can, practice gamedev on weekends, and then give yourself 3~ years to work on a game. Maybe you will finish the game in 1.5 years, but it's better not to risk running out of money.

Would it be silly to post a picture of what the game looks like on tablets as an itch.io page screenshot?

I can't think of any other way since it otherwise looks the same.

no

You'd be giving up 1.5 years of guaranteed money and running the risk of ending up with little to no profit at the end of it. If this doesn't bother you, go for it.

The important thing is you will have earned the freedom to do this. That's something to be proud of.

I am working on "normal" games.

See the spooky Space game and VirtuaWave, which I havent dropped on case you think so.

tail 10 pos = tail 9 pos
tail 9 pos = tail 8 pos
etc etc until head

Looks pretty unprofessional
If you're not selling it then go ahead

Looks real nice, cute cat too.

>It's a steamchat episode

>it's a wagecuck's get their buttasses BTFO by Googem episode

so no one? no input at all?

>it's a worthless neet argues against the idea of getting a job because he's worthless episode

>It's paper.
And gold is just metal. So what?

The worth of something is measured by how much value people are willing to attribute to the thing. It's not an objective property.

That isn't me but nice try =)

>trying to explain society to a retard
When you're handicapped there is no need to understand how the real world works.

>it's a googem not putting his name on episode

Contracting artists and musicians. Is it typical for them to get a percentage of the profits or no? If so, how much?

I love these

Show me one post in this entire thread that is against getting a job.

Actually in the original snake, the majority of the body didn't move. The head moved forward one space, then the end segment of the tail was placed in the gap created by the head. The rest of the body did not move at all, but the player couldn't tell since all the segments looked the same.

Only do percentage if you are a poorfag with a shitty game that has no chance of being popular.

no i didn't ever try it, i only did some research and it's really difficult to get anything decent looking out of it. But i like to see other people try it and come up with a working solution.
But for now i guess it's better to go with procedural animation like wolfire if you want to do something special.

>It's a I have half of the post filtered episode

Percentage is the worst option for you, but can be a viable one if you don't have enough cash to cover their cost outright.

Whose ready for ..............
The Dance Competition!

That sounded way more aggresive than i wanted it too. Anyway looking forward to your entries for the ministry of silly walks.

>I can't read
That must make life difficult for you.

Publisher.
Yes or no?

p-please no jihad