Would Romans actually look this white?

Would Romans actually look this white?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/chPRYXS0YZI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Some of them im sure, but they were probably olive skinned

they wer small haha

Italians look the same. Actually go to Italy, they have white skin and various hair colours, they just tan because you know, it's sunny?

HE

yes, thats about how white italians are now

>Some of them im sure, but they were probably olive skinned

everyone in that picture is olive skinned

No, they were fair whiter.

Most of the Caesars had fair hair and eyes.

cuz dey wuz nords n shiet

They don't look 'that white' to me in that picture.

When you say 'that white' I picture blond hair blue eyes and super pale skin.

Idk I just always thought they looked more like the guy in this painting of a couple from Pompeii

Definitely didn't look like arabs or niggers though. Just look at modern Italians or Spaniards, that's most likely how the Romans looked like.

literally why is this important

please, show me someone with blond hair (without any ginger in it), blue eyes and pale skin, thats got to be the rarest combination on the earth. Dakota and Elle Fanning are some of the only examples I've ever even seen

Me, my dad, my uncles, several of my friends.

Blonde hair and blue eyes are not uncommon at all in the Nordic countries.

>Blonde hair and blue eyes are not uncommon at all in the Nordic countries.

but people with blond hair and blue eyes never have super pale skin, at least not in Nordic countries apart from some sami and finns. People like dakota and elle fanning have irish or other celtic ancestry

What are you talking about? The natural skin colour of pretty much all nordics is pale. It's just that we have unbearable summers and tanning (both real and fake) is fashionable at the moment.

Irrelevant, the only thing matter is they're civillized people, unlike these hairy barbarians from the north

Clearly you haven not been in the Nordic countries during summer.

Regarding roman emperors, there are plenty of sources taht describe them as everything from pale, green eyes, red hair to swarthy and brown eyes.

finns

welcome to Veeky Forums

More like /pol/ takeover.

Pretty much. Go anywhere in south europe, this is what people look like. More or less.

This is Veeky Forums

If you want to try to troll racists by triggering them with skin color bullshit you need to go to /pol/

YOU ON THE WRONG BOARD SON

They look like modern italians so yes

>wine coloured eyes

That's black, and grey haiored means they were old, I doubt they were anime characters

the difference between nords and anglo-celtic people is that really pale anglo-celtic people can't tan or don't tan well (but most aren't especially pale and can tan, just not as well as nords). Can nordic people even get sun burnt? Is it just that scandinavia is the perfect climate for pale people to tan?

even niggers can get sun burnt you stupid fucking nigger

Still, most of those emperors were not traditionally 'mediterranean' types, but more 'fair'.

grow up kid

I'm sorry did you get triggered by the scary picture of the Romans' skin color?

Let's go bitch. You gonna talk shit and then not say anything?

This racist is mad.

He wanted us to get mad at Romans being white or Romans not being brown.

Not quite sure but damn is his butt mad.

30% of Central Italians have light colored eyes, that's almost 1 out of 3, the fact that some of the ruling families that got into power had mostly light eyes isn't that strange

The prevalence of blonde hair is quite odd though, given modern Italians' hair colours.

lol did i trigger you? whoopsy my bad

they were from small gene pools that brought out recessive traits. Its the same principle as founder's effect.

do you know how hard that is?

>Can nordic people even get sun burnt?
Lmao yes Most Nordics know their skin is delicate with sun which is why everyone uses sun cream if they try to tan. Solariums are also really popular

>Is it just that scandinavia is the perfect climate for pale people to tan?
Dunno. Summers are not especially hot but sun stays up for quite long. In midsummer in my area (SW Finland) the sun stayed down for ~3 hours a day.

t. ignorant retard

> Can nordic people even get sun burnt?

This is the most retarded question I've ever read, even brown people can get sun burnt eventually and damage their skin if they stay under the sun for too long.

Most people ignore how damaging the sun can be if you don't know how to behave, melanoma is a real danger for anyone, especially pale people like Germanics, Fins, Eastern Europeans and such, also when you tan your cells die and your skin gets worse, if you stay under the sun too much and too often and don't take the needed precautions (sunscreen for instance) you will get wrinkly and your skin will be shit, you'll look about 40 when you're 30, like many European women (and men of course) do, of course South Europeans and even darker ethnicities are effected by it and will have shit wrinkly skin if they don't behave correctly under the sun.

No, they're too dark. The Romans were Nordic.

Shitposter.

There are still Romans living in Rome, you know.

they looked like eyeties, because they were eyeties

>muh white ostrogoths

northern italy was largely celtic north of the appenines, i.e. another bunch of pallid barbars who drank a lot and caught fire in direct sunlight, who intermingled with eyeties from down south when they were sent to colonise the place.

>muh ayyy-rab shitskins

the carthaginians were also a bunch of semites who gained a foothold on the islands, and POW's ended up as slaves throughout italy

in conclusion, they were the same aesthetically gifted but frivolous eyeties they've been throughout their history. half of the intrigues during the rennaissance were worthy of the greatest roman shitfests

i think a roman would not only recognise politics and culture in medieval venice, rennaissance florence and modern italy, but would be able to change clothes, adjust their speech and fit right in. they'd love pasta, too.

>The prevalence of blonde hair is quite odd
Depends on what they considered blonde.
Right now, blondism is at like 10% in Italy, but if you add the light browns it bumps up above 40%.

>adjust their speech
No way. The difference between even late latin and renaissance vulgars is well beyond mutual intelligibility. Also the romans already had pasta.

everyone take this as your evidence
add a shade or two lighter and darker and you have the range of roman skin tones
(not including slaves or subjects)

>kid
Sure is Reddit in here

Yes, and they all had british accents.

ROMANZ WUZ BLACK AN SHIEEEEEET

No, they had American accents.
youtu.be/chPRYXS0YZI

Don't you know, Canada fag changed his mind and decided Celts were the master race.

we wuz kangz etc etc

WAS

Olive-white like modern day Italians+Foreign mercenaries of all kinds.

>please, show me someone with blond hair (without any ginger in it), blue eyes and pale skin, thats got to be the rarest combination on the earth. Dakota and Elle Fanning are some of the only examples I've ever even seen
What? That's not rare in blonde countries.

Fucking nordic wewuzism.
No, Olaf, you've never been relevant, fucking deal with it.

That pic already looks on the dark side for Italy, so yeah, romans were no darker than that.
Ciaran Hinds could seriously pass for a sicilian.

That's because alot of emperors were born outside of Italy.

yes we all take such things very seriously

nordicism is not a meme it's REAL HISTORY :^)

Latins would've regardless but a lot fairer skinned but obviously tanned compared to Greeks who tended to be swarthier and more olive skinned in complexion. Then again the first Romans into Britain were called by the Celtics there as "dark people".

>this dank meme again

show me a pic then

yesss...

Dunno about that white (northern Italians are though). But the world was a lot colder back then and Italy had yet to be invaded by Muslims so it would be more white in general.

I'm 100% italian with light brown hair dark olive skin and blue eyes. Skin has no correlation with other traits. Especially since blue eyes originated in the balkans near greece so its not like it has anything to do with light skinnedness.

so it's just a coincidence that the countries with mostly blue eyes also are the whitest?

just face it
nordicism is true
the nordic stock was the european stock, but the southern countries has mixed with arabs and africans for generations
stop being so butthurt over it

Define Roman? If we're talking about mainland Europe, I'd definitely say the majority were white. But the Roman empire as a whole, which expanded upon the middle east and North Africa, definitely had plenty of non-whites living in it as well.

try to leave shitposting to /pol/ snownigger, this board at least tries to being a bit more serious

>not a single refutation offered
I'm not surprised

you said eye colour had NO correlation with light skinnedness
I provided a chart that shows that blue eyes is more prevalent in whiter populations
you cry like a baby

I'm not him, the burden of proof is on you for
>the southern countries has mixed with arabs and africans for generations

also in case you accidentally trip on a book sometimes and decide to open it, you might discover that the purest Europeans around, Basques, aren't exactly Scandinavian looking

no, don't change the goal
he initiated it by saying that skin colour and eye colour were unrelated
I proved him wrong, and offered an explanation
now you say that I have to defend my explanation?
and he called me a "snownigger" while calling my post shitposting?

I'll gladly defend the idea that nordicism is true
but first luigi should admit that he was wrong

god, you're like children

there are actually multiple people posting on Veeky Forums
I only called you out on you ridiculous claims about s. Europe that you obviously have no way of justifying, I don't care about your nigger tier nordicism except for its humorous value

if you were intellectually honest, you would consider all options with an open mind
and by calling it "nigger tier" you have revealed yourself as a know-nothing fool
you're obviously only here to be racist, and confirm your own Mediterranean supremacist views

keep living in your comfortable delusions

Not him, but if you bothered to do any research of the genetic origins of Europeans you would know that Neolithic Europeans were mostly homogenous and had brown hair and eyes (occasionally light but not common).

Carthaginians came in a wide variety of skin tones, complexions, and what not. They were Phoenicians who also colonized and mixed with the Celtics and other natives in Spain and Portugal.

Red hair and blue eyes are the rarest combination in the world

Kys

God those swords look so fake. I'm sorry, I can't even notice the skin color of the actors. The fakeness of the swords just completely overwhelms me.