>What is Space Station 13?
youtube.com/watch?v=FHH1vfY6HTA
pastebin.com/VNcX2Quc

>New player guide
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/The_Basics
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/General_Help

>BYOND client
byond.com/download/build/LATEST/

>Pomf Serbian, main Veeky Forumsstation server, running a vote script to change maps at round end.
byond://game.ss13.moe:7777

>Test server
byond://ss13.moe:1337

>Public server list
byond.com/games/exadv1/spacestation13

>Forum, ban list and logs for vgstation
ss13.moe/forum/
ss13.moe/index.php/bans
game.ss13.moe/logs

>How do I connect to the servers?
Hit the cogwheel in the upper right corner of the BYOND hub and pick "Open Location"

>Map renders collection: updated sometimes
game.ss13.moe/minimaps

>Coderbus, here!
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13
@rizon #coderbus @rizon #vgstation

>SS13 booru for all your SS13 images!
ss13.booru.org/

>How To Install BYOND: The Video Tutorial: The Movie
youtube.com/watch?v=-iWiZwv9f1o

>Nostalgia
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/ss13g/

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/raw/xUdBuWvj

First for USE HELP INTENT

nth for goodcurity like Caleigh Stall, Naomi Williams and Alice Conrad.

Congratulations on not fucking up the links!

>you will never get to have your way with caleigh
>you will never get to torture caleigh
>you will never watch caleigh sob hysterically from all the sexual humiliation you put her through

Never played security before. How do I goodcurity?

Is this you?

bring back the Ack

Roundstart Skrell WHEN

When you meme it

Just fucking use it

Quit whilst you're ahead

you don't

First for KILL YOURSELF YOU WHINY LITTLE BITCH

He isn't wrong. You are a huge cunt if you walk around on permanent disarm/harm intent.

How do I aim not like a blind retard?

t. Naomi

How do we make ss13 not shit?

CLANG

Ask Trinity

tg raiding this thread

fuck you vg you are worst server go home

fuck off trips, nobody likes your admins

It's easy. When sj cums, just put it right into your mouth. Impossible to miss!

Good work oranges

Don't even bother with the taser. Just go with your baton and flash.

Wow I'm so buttblasted how dare someone from another server come here and talk to us on an ss13 general thread. Waah I bet they don't even use Veeky Forums regularly like I do

There you go you can screencap that

thank you friend, it's very appreciate, you are nice for a cuck

>how to get disarmed/tabled/stung 101

Please tell me you don't actually play security
That might work for bay, but here you don't move like you are walking through honey and there aren't badmins to tell you off for not RPing how you aimed at the other guy.

Hey guys! Welcome and enjoy your stay!
We welcome anyone from any community, so long as we all stay on topic of SS13!

Go ahead and use the flash/baton on a changeling and report back when he parastung you and proceeded to succ you after he got up.

I use the flash when it comes to situations that aren't an immediate danger to myself and even if they disarm me it wont do shit.

Baton is probably the worst one of them all as it runs the risk of you getting disarmed and fucked up.

I will next time I see her

True, I never miss then.

This is bad advice, greytide understand the disarm spam

>pull out baton because they have shades and your taser is out of energy
>get disarmed
>stunned
>beat down
>stunned
>beat down
>stunned
>beat down
>beat down
>beat down

The first thing to note is that although there can be many different kinds of angles between you and your target, projectiles fired out of a 'slug' weapon where there's a physical object that has to hit can only be fired in certain directions.
The bullet simply wont cross some tiles at certain angles and have a pattern of horizontal/vertical depending on how steep the shooting angle is compared to a straight line.

Practise shooting in all directions at different angles. You'll want to get used to the paths you can make by shooting at tiles further away - if you click a tile up close, the shooting angles will be much sharper, and the bullet will be more erratic. This is how most people manage to dodge taser shots so easily, because of the big shift in angle as you follow them close.

Once you feel more comfortable with how bullet will behave when fired at further tiles, start trying to use that kind of aiming to intercept targets inbetween your clicks instead of trying to click directly on their sprites. Your shots will be neater chasing a moving target to keep pressure if you do miss and need to re-adjust and it'll be much easier to lead a target too.

Another tip is to mix up the rhythm of your fire. People dodging are trying to get you to use up your shots as fast as possible, so they can start moving either to atttack you or make a proper sprint to escape. If you pause for a moment and mix up your shooting rhythm, you might be able to get them to drop their guard and let you place an easy shot with your remaining bolts. This works suprisingly well if they're on a janicart or otherwise giving you a hard time.

Let me know if that doesn't make much sense, it's something like 3 in the morning.

t. Trinity
I'm only really here because of the silly thread that's been made. I just wanted to run a cosy cafe. Haven't had a chance to lawyer once yet. Maybe I should give up and go back to officer.

Round start slimeperson when?

please do NOT go back to officer until you learn to move and read the radio at the same time

read this
Next time I'm on, I'll build a firing range and laser tag arena for people to practice at

Thanks! This is really helpful, I'll have to practice some in game to get the hang of it though.

That sounds good, I look forward to seeing that.

Throw a flashbang.

Positioning is key too. If you can lead an attacker to follow you into a hallway where it's harder to dodge before you pull a gun as a nuke op, or you can put yourself in line with the airlock door they're about to stop at and try and push open and manage to line up those straight line shots, you'll have a much easier time than on the chase.
Even when you're chasing someone, try and set up angles/positions you know you can make hit as you move together - you don't usually need long if you see a moment and take it.

Practice makes perfect too. It took me a good while to learn what I have and even now I still try and improve and keep aware.

Okay, I'll try and work on my radio presence and responces.
Will you visit my cafe sometimes before I go back to officer in return? We can roundhouse kick pun pun for fun whilst you're there.

>Will you visit my cafe sometimes before I go back to officer in return? We can roundhouse kick pun pun for fun whilst you're there.
Have you no shame you harlot? Inviting random MEN into your cafe for some "roundhouse" kicks. Keep your skirt on you floosey.

If you're in a chase through primary hallways, especially the central areas on each map, keep to the inside tiles and attempt to push whoever you're chasing to the outside before the corner turns come, because then you can gain tiles on them as they turn, or even fire straight forward and hit them as they try to cross your path.
Another thing is to bait them into your follow-up shots, by aiming a few times a head of them (if theyre on a different tile-path) or shooting directly at them, then firing as fast as you can for the tile-path next to them, so as they try to dodge the first they run themselves into the second. Works best if they're on the edges, not so well when theyre in the middle of the hallway. If you're quick enough on that second shot, it shouldn't give them enough time to do a second dodge, but they still could, but all the dodging gains tile advances. In the end you're ideal is to be 1-2 tiles away for those much harder to notice and almost point-blank shots which are so hard to dodge.

What's the consensus on goon aiming? I know Veeky Forums ported it a while back but after playing there I can't say for certain if I like it or not or if it's at all more accurate or worse in practice than the normal tile-based aiming we have.

HI BILLY MAYS HERE

The wiki wasn't kidding when it said sticking a posibrain in an exosuit was buggy.

>can't examine anything
>can see deadchat
>probably other stuff I never even noticed

its shit
just give us melee animations like a real server

DO YOU HAVE A XENO INFESTATION THAT NEEDS EXTERMINATING ?

What a fucking round.

Security is simultaneously infuriating and the most satisfying role.

>non-hostile gold slime mobs target hostile mobs
science is fun

>27,000 kpa pure o2 inside the SME
>cooling loop starts heating
>go expand it
>all gas inside the cooling loop vanishes
>INSTABILITY AT 9%

VIVE LA JUSTICA!

LUUUUUUUCHAAAAAAA LIIIIIBRE

>It's a "You're roboticist and you enable people and the become LUCHADORES???? " round
God I fucking love this game
>tfw we lost the janitor

Also
>hit by a rod while charging
I had the worst luck.

HI BILLY MAYS HERE

IS YOUR STATION INFESTED WITH SHITTERS AND XENOS?

Gone but never forgotten, he was a warrior of justice, he fought for honour

>"why did you make a cyber horror?"
>"For science. This is what we do"

Remember to hug you're waifu!!!!

I want to hold her hand

I'm going to marry Trinity!

Hos here. Sorry I went braindead on you guys. My connection crapped out right as we were gonna borg the ling, and I couldnt reconnect until now.

kill urself

resurrect the bodily fluid verbs
make spess great again

and to take care of you're waifu's son while she's out with her male friend

Yes.
I'm ready for the smoke grenades.

>tfw you will never get hugged, only robusted
It is a fate I will take with pride.

>Borg the changeling
>Other guard asks me to put him in the changeling's body to see if he can use the changeling's powers
Why the FUCK would I do that

holy shit
there's a third shitter on the felashe duo now?
science department is getting worse everyday

HI, I'M BILLY MAYS HERE WITH THE NEW "HARM BATON"
PESKY ASSISTANTS STEALING YOUR EGUNS? SYNDICATE TRAITORS SHOOTING PEOPLE WITH REVOLVERS? ARE YOUR SECURITY DAYS JUST TOO STRESSFUL?
WELL, NOW WITH THE HARM BATON, YOU CAN FORGET ALL THOSE WORRIES!
IT STUNS! IT HURTS! IT BREAKS CRIMINAL BONES!
JUST APPLY IT TO ANY LAWBREAKING SCUMBAG AND WATCH AS THEY COLLAPSE AND BLEED!
IS THERE A CHANGELING RUNNING AROUND MAINT ABSORBING THE HEAD OF PERSONNEL? WITH JUST A FEW SWINGS OF THE HARM BATON, AND HE'S ON THE GROUND IN SECONDS!
IS THE BOTANIST RELEASING STINGING KUDZU FULL OF CYANIDE? THE HARM BATON ALSO DOUBLES AS A VINE REMOVER, ALLOWING YOU TO GET CLOSE TO THAT VULGARIS SMOKING OUTLAW!
ORDER NOW! JUST CALL 1-800-555-HARM! FOR JUST 19.99!
BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!
IF YOU CALL NOW, I'LL DOUBLE THE OFFER! THAT'S RIGHT, TWO HARM BATONS FOR THE PRICE OF ONE! THAT MEANS DOUBLE THE DEAD CRIMINALS! DOUBLE THE REDTEXTS! FOR JUST 19.99!
ORDER NOW, AT 1-800-555-HARM! THAT'S 1-800-555-HARM!

>playing colonal muhreens
>the are-pee is a little weird but I start getting into it
>do all the shitty prerequisite stuff and head to briefing
>blah blah boring shit
>booooring shit
>finally head down to the planet and start killing xenos
>kill a big red fucker
>suddenly connection closes
>reconnect fine
>don't get put back into my guy
>observe over to where i was
>no sign of my body
>no sign of my anything

>admins kicked me and deleted my character

>Other guard asks me to put him in the changeling's body to see if he can use the changeling's powers
I guess that's what happens when the HoS goes braindead. Did the madman actually do it?

I'm betting right now that it's sandy sand's character

because it'd be fun?
I remember mindswapping into a changeling that had just stung me on a wierd wizard round. I managed to get my body back, plus that nerds, plus changeling powers. No objectives though or status, it was wierd.

im dying

>be trained marine
>engage in military operation
>break away from squad once you make landfall, disregard all orders to restore power to the site, continue to disregard orders and shoot the local wildlife instead
what did you expect to happen? props on killing a ravage solo though, those things are fucking painful

Not only is it buggy, it's a massive pain in the ass to be one.
>No Mesons for Ripley
>No MedHUD for Odysseus
>No SecHUD for Gygax/Durand
>Can't interact with ANYTHING
>Adding access to mechs is like a fucking mysterious voodoo art to some people so getting around is obnoxious

Ling powers are tied to the brain, not the corpse, a brain transplant to a ling corpse will just make you human, and in the same way it made you a proper ling as a wiz because you literally swapped brains instead.

>tfw your waifu doesn't play anymore since they got admin

yes and?
i was caged up in my slime autism fort most of the time and took my cyber horror outside then to telescience when i heard there was a hostile one in there

Why the hell would I do that?
nigga was probably going to get me the moment after I did it and my luchadore squad was probably not going to be enough at that point (I don't remember, I don't think reggie was a good battleborg at the time and luche wasn't around yet)

Did you just head off somewhere to find aliens and start killing them? If you were following your SL's orders then it was probably a shitty admin being mad, but if you were just wandering around they actually have rules against that I'm pretty sure.

>sechud for durand

durands are not for security operations, they are for combat operations. Exclusively for killing xenos/crewmembers/antags

If you make a durand either as sec or for sec, you are SHIT.

>break away from squad once you make landfall, disregard all orders to restore power to the site, continue to disregard orders and shoot the local wildlife instead

i was with my squad, though
i was following the prerequisite waifu squad leader and 8 pubbies down to the cargo bay(?) on the ice planet when we got jumped by the red guy and i unloaded into it
then right when I'm getting into the silly muhreen RP I get deleted

Were you still in the forced RP "first contact" phase?

>implying waifus get admin without serious metaclubbing
hands off there buddy

stop going to colon marines already you people are fucking idiots jesus

Is there a limit on how much pressure the TEG can handle? Was smooth sailing until my hot loop hit the millions of kPa range. Might just need more vents and scrubbers in the circulator chamber

Has anyone here even had their waifu notice them?

yeah nah that's pretty fucked then. last I played you could fire on xenos at first contact but not chase them down. it was probably a "xeno main" that got asshurt you shit on it and ahelped

I don't think so?
the aliums were already attacking the FOB at that point, so the muhreens knew they were hostile
i don't really know the 'phases' of CM rounds so i dunno if i was supposed to "/me wets himself at the big spooky monster" and start stutter typing or not

you sure you didn't just DC and then get eaten by aliens or something

Simmer down autismo, the only difference between Durands and Gygaxes are their modules.
Besides what other HUD would a durand have?

Also killing xenos in a mech, that's a good giggle

nope, if my client was still tied to a mob in the game world i woulda been dropped into my ghost when i reconnected, not shunted back to the title screen
the only times that's happened on Veeky Forums is when someone VVs and dicks around with a mob's client var so i'm just assuming the same thing happened on CM

there's at least 4 people curently dating their waifus ooc

How do I make my character wake up?

Do I need someone else to wake me up?

I thought it was toggleable like the 'rest' command.

Once you start sleeping you're out for a few minutes.
can't wake up

you get drop in null space when eaten by xeno though

List 'em

CAN'T WAKE UP

If you want to sleep for just a short time, use the "faint" command.

It doesn't need one. If I remember correctly, your own hud works in the mech anyway, in which case huds for mechs is entirely unnecessary.

>the only difference between Durands and Gygaxes are their modules

that's the fucking POINT

Durand is SHIT for security work. The only time they're ever good are when you seriously need to kill something and not die in the process, but the gygax is better for that even.

Don't ask for Durands as sec kids

What the fuck is the meme gamemode?

older baycode that not even bay wanted

I don't see why it can't be good for taking down targets extremely dangerous humanoid targets non-lethally.
Its module is a sit down that only works on people who have no way of combating you and are stuck, or a blob in space.

The Gygax gets a module that literally tears itself apart, so you're better off not using it or otherwise waste a slot on a repair drone which can be better used for an Energy Leech with accompanying crew catching gear.

At this point you're just mad to be mad.