/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/General_problems_FAQ

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/vr/1468981236227.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=SYnosVMXkvM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Call me when PJ64 can do this

i.4cdn.org/vr/1468981236227.webm

How exactly is that gimmick making N64 emulation better?

The autism of sixtywhores never ceases to amaze me.

kek, you really can't handle even simple bantz without getting triggered, can you?

Making it more realistic. Display accuracy is part of emulation accuracy.

>Making it more realistic. Display accuracy is part of emulation accuracy.
Why would you want to emulate owning a TV with NTSC scanlines?

>Why would you want to emulate owning a TV with NTSC scanlines?

Why wouldn't you? It's what the real console had in the 90s.

Millenials like you wouldn't understand.

>Why wouldn't you? It's what the real console had in the 90s.
Real consoles were plugged into PAL60 TVs.

>PAL60

So basically NTSC timings then, except with better chroma bandwidth.

And less visible scanlines.

That depends entirely on the tube and what vertical resolution it is displaying. There are NTSC TVs that hardly have visible scanlines, and then there are professional multisync monitors that display sharp scanlines.

PAL60 still displays 240p like NTSC would.

>Switching to software depth buffer emulation has improved performance dramatically over older GLideN64 builds.
So in other words, he just fixed a regression. His texture loading code is still buggy.

>Glide64 can't handle RE2's high resolution mode, and some backgrounds are distorted. The methodology matters a great deal.
Even so, it's still better than not being able to play it at all.

>It does if you're hardware rendering.
Not really. If other plugins can do the job fine for many games, there's really no excuse. A good developer would incorporate good features from other people's code, rather than blaming some external factor.

>It's riddled with bugs and the jpg ucode doesn't work.
What other bugs? I'm sure the jpg issue can easily be fixed.

>Besides, he delivered fantastic results for the 10K. What more do you want?
I strongly disagree that he delivered fantastic results. No plugin based on glN64, is worth 10k... It was a poor decision from the start, with no real solution. He then copy pastes z64gl's LLE code, yet manages to come up with even worse LLE performance..

open the textures and make them HD.

I've been doing it for eight years and it hasn't had a single bad effect.

>Not really. If other plugins can do the job fine for many games, there's really no excuse.
They can't do the job fine. Without advanced API features, you simply cannot emulate the N64's depth compare functionalities accurately. Perfect Dark's decal system is broken on every plugin besides GLideN64 and Angrylion's.
>He then copy pastes z64gl's LLE code, yet manages to come up with even worse LLE performance..
He refuses to implemented batched rendering for GLideN64 because it would interfere with the accurate depth compare emulation.

>no picross for N64

Shit system, would not emulate.

What do emudevs smell like?

what about ParaLLEl? :^)

I probably smell like sweaty Southerner, because I often have to go out in that heat and shit, and I also have old/shitty A/C.

or because you're a disgusting dropout tranny lmao

beverage pls go

Mooch isn't even a tranny. Hes a wanna be. He wanted to be a special snowflake and thought pretending to have gender dysphoria would make it so.

Is PGXP done yet?

>They can't do the job fine. Without advanced API features, you simply cannot emulate the N64's depth compare functionalities accurately. Perfect Dark's decal system is broken on every plugin besides GLideN64 and Angrylion's.
Maybe so, but that doesn't seem to matter for some games. Someone who wants to just play a game like Super Mario 64, shouldn't have to switch to some other plugin just because the author couldn't be bothered to stabilise his OpenGL code.. I'm sure both Project64's team and Libretro's team would be more interested in GLideN64 if it did not have these issues. Even if the issue isn't personally important to Gonetz, he should at least be interested in the opportunity to gain more contributors.

>He refuses to implemented batched rendering for GLideN64 because it would interfere with the accurate depth compare emulation.
That can't possibly be the only way to speed up their LLE renderer.

Nope, and it hasn't been updated for 18 days.

rip in peace PGXP

>pretending to have gender dysphoria
>implying anybody ever does this

mooch if you are pretending to be a tranny i wll NEVER suck your dick.

as if i want guys sucking my dick. i'm into girls, thanks.

You would fit right in with the other tumblrite tranny pretenders.

>guys
i'm a trans-woman. show some respect you pig.
You and me are done. You can keep your limpy in your panties.

>trans-woman
>woman
how about no, boy!

you should just accept the fact that some people reject their assigned gender and allow them to identify as they choose. It makes you look like a bigot to do otherwise and doesn't hurt anyone.
Enforcing gender stereotypes on people who oh my god what the fuck am i doing this isn't even tumblr help me guys i'm becoming an insufferable faggot someone post emudrama before i post something else

>live in 2016, still cant accept biology
enforcing? you are what you are born, just because you want to be something else doesnt make you something else. i understand you want to be a girl and you really are trying, but hey ít sadly doesnt work that way im sorry :(

gender is not biological, it is a social construct. Sex chromosomes are biological.

strawmanning, eh? boy is born with dick, girl is born with pussy,, its biology, not muh feelings

i understand you have it hard, but accept what it is dont try to come up with excuses

>strawmanning
>too stupid to read what the difference between gender and sex

You're a dumbass. Just stop posting.

SOON

gender and sex are the same thing dear. i have nothing against you traps, i like traps myself desu..

>gender and sex are the same thing dear

Pretty much everyone disagrees with you. It is widely accepted that there is a difference between social gender and biological sex.

pls stop, its just something leftist have come up with lol.
boy why are you so tsundere? :3

how?

Sure is emulation in here.

WHEN WILL WE HAVE A FINAL SOLUTION TO THE TRANSPHOBE QUESTION?

W H E N
H
E
N

>muh leftists

So this denialism is about your political ideology? It's not very rational then.

When President Trump is elected.

im not transphobe, i like traps and dickgirls myself i just believe in biology

im a leftist myself but this shits invented to please people instead of giving them the truth sadly

sorry if you get offended, i dont mean to be mean or anything i just want to stand by my points and values. i respect you guys. if you want we can take this conversation to somewhere else like irc

regards

/emugen/

So about 7 month ago i was able to play Mario Galaxy 2 with a GTX 550ti with barely any slowdowns, now i'm on a new pc with a GTX 750ti and the thing slowdowns like crazy, i have to put the resolution on 1.5x native for it to be at all playable and even then there's some slowdowns here and there
Did Mario Galaxy get fucked up by some release at any point? Or is it a Windows 10 thing? I used windows 7 on my previous PC (Ace Combat 5 on PCSX2 is running better than ever_

so you only like transgender people if they're being sexy for you. fuck off

USE NATIVE IT'S NOT THAT HARD

why do you always misunderstand me :(
i respect all of them, but yes only the sexy ones turn me on im sorry for that

If gender and sex were different then transexuals and their actual concern was their gender then they would not feel the need to alter their sex to match their gender.

The reality is tranny pretenders cant get it through their thick retarded skulls that their issue is with sex not gender. No one, I repeat NO ONE gives a fuck about what gender you think you are. Think you are a dolphin for all anyone cares. When people call you a guy or girl they are referring to your sex.

Those with gender dysphoria have an issue with their SEX, their outward appearance and not their imagined gender. It is a real psychological condition. Those who just wanna play dress up and don't feel the need or desire to alter themselves are pretending.

Get your stories straight and read the fucking DSM.

Gotta be your settings or something. I get ~85-110fps @4x resolution on a 750ti.

It's a renamed screenshot from PJ64. But I wouldn't be surprised if it's actually fixed in the near future, especially given that after cen64 got it to run, it's very likely a bug in mupen's VI emulation. Poking around there in reference to cen64 or Project64 might lead to results.

Can't send a screenshot because of reasons, but i tried a variety of settings and for now what's working best for me is unchecking Scaled EFB Copy, Skip EFB Access from CPU, Ignore Format Changes and Disable (on External Frame Bufer)
Everything else is untouched

So if I'm emulating snes on a crt what resolution should I set it to? 320x240 and stretch it out? Use the snes's internal rendering resolution on my monitor since it's not going to do overscan like the devs planned for anyway?

I'm not understanding here... Anti-aliasing from my graphics card (nvidia gtx 960, nvidia control panel) seems to do NOTHING is that just life or did I fuck up something?
Look at those pixels!!!
Usually I dont care but theres a visual glitch in 60fps Sonic Colors (constant lines around Sonic) if you have anti-aliasing on, was testing to see if I could turn it on through other means but yeah, nothin.

Sample pic of the lines. No pixels!!! but lines.

>Emulating Gamecube version of Twilight Princess on latest version of Dolphin
>Stuck inside Coro's house while trying to get tears of light
>Can't fucking talk to Coro at all

Gee, I guess Dolphin doesn't want me to play this game.

>No one, I repeat NO ONE gives a fuck about what gender you think you are. Think you are a dolphin for all anyone cares. When people call you a guy or girl they are referring to your sex.
Yet here you are getting so angry

Not angry. Just calling out the bullshit of a special snowflake wannabe.

Try downsampling. Forcing AA through drivers settings doesn't work more often than it does I've found.

Potentially dumb question here, but I've already done some Googling and haven't found an answer. I'm not super technical when it comes to emulators like some people are here, so forgive me if I sound like a moron.

I'm trying to play some PS1 games via Retroarch's Mednafen core. I would like to boost the internal GPU resolution to at least 2X for some titles, but that seems to break the CRT shader that I've been using for other stuff( CRT-Royale-Kurozumi). When that shader is active, the screen literally shakes. I've tried messing around with some settings in the shader parameters, but the blind poking around I'm doing doesn't seem to be getting me any closer to a solution. Does CRT-Royale just straight up not work in this scenario or is there something I can do to fix it?

If you're playing on a 1080p monitor you're trying to make a shader that emulates subpixels work at only 2x scale, that's not enough pixels to resolve everything it's trying to do.

PinocHLE?

topHLEl (only to be read with a German accent)

Just mentioning the N64 without praising zilmar in the same breath triggers instant shit falling from your mouth like from other people's asses.

No beverage please stay

I'm at a complete and total fucking loss.

Does ANYBODY know where bizhawk puts .sav files, if at all?

I just want to fucking use my pokemon yellow save for something, this shouldn't be this horribly difficult.

Why in the world would you use bizhawk for anything other than TASing?

it has rewind and scanlines, and I like that.

I already had it because it emulates lots of things, and now it's too late to switch to something less convoluted.

>I've been doing it for eight years and it hasn't had a single bad effect.
Cool story bro, that doesn't mean it doesn't break stuff.

>When that shader is active, the screen literally shakes.
It's a problem with the shader. The 2x resolution makes the shader think the game is meant to be interlaced. That's what the shaking screen is all about - the shader is emulating the shaking effect that interlacing does.

What are some of your favourite games to emulate on a phone? Also, which Android emulators are the best for each platform?
Basically, which good games play well on touchscreen controls? Thanks.

Time for me posting to generate yet another anti-trans shitstorm from retarded trolls. :^)

don't do it. everyone loves trannies or nobody really cares.
either way, stfu and take off your trip you goddamn dramawhore.

We know you wanna be a special snowflake and get attention. You aren't oppressed, just full of shit.

How useful is Dolphins cpu clock override?

guys, that was really low-quality bait. come on, surely you've been on Veeky Forums longer than that?

Well I tested it on Twilight Princess and there was literally no difference. The game supposedly runs at 200% speed when I set it so, but framerate doesn't go up.

>scanlines

Use a real CRT filter, faggot.

Can help with games that have framerate drops, and if you're using a 60fps hack.
Also helps VC games that have framerate issues.

Call me when mupen can do this:
youtube.com/watch?v=SYnosVMXkvM

No, gender and sex are the exact same thing. To claim otherwise is a semantic game.

>It is widely accepted that there is a difference between social gender and biological sex.
Being "widely accepted" and being factual are entirely different.

>How useful is Dolphins cpu clock override?
You're gonna need it if you want to play Rogue Squadron III. Also, it can be used to make games run smoother than on native hardware.

Honestly, the PPL baiting is getting old. If you're looking for games mupen64plus struggles with due to core issues, look no further than the wonderful Infernal Machine.

PJ64 also struggles, but it struggles differently, and is far more stable.

harrison ford has a nose like tom cruise has teeth

Also, World Driver Championship doesn't work on mupen64plus due to an RSP timing issue. Fixing it won't be simple.

Harvest Moon is also one I couldn't get working on mupen.

Works fine with ParaLLEl

I'm very open to going back to a retroarch setup since PJ64 was really annoying to get going and I'm not sure I'd ever want to update it.
That said, if compatability is going to be lower for a while with ParaLLEl then I won't be using it until it gets better.
I also need to finish the games I've started on PJ64 as I assume the saves won't be transferable between emulators.

>I also need to finish the games I've started on PJ64 as I assume the saves won't be transferable between emulators.
In theory, save files should be transferable. PJ64 and mupen64plus use a different naming convention for save files, but the actual save data is identical because it's exactly the same as what a real N64 would create. Save states are another matter. Unless libretro changed the save system. I'm currently downloading the latest libretro to take a look.

Maybe I'll give it a go. Not like it's much work to download the core and see what it's like. I'll just have to work out where my save files need to live I guess.

Couldn't you do 2x on the shader to compensate?

Well, ParaLLEl is really not ready for prime time. Performance is horrible, and it crashes if you look at it funny.

>He refuses to implemented batched rendering for GLideN64 because it would interfere with the accurate depth compare emulation.
Make it a check box option ;)

Unless you give an example of how it does, it doesn't.

Are there any good ps2 emulators?

Not really. Just go with the shitty, taped together beast PCSX2

That's a good point.

>Pretty much everyone disagrees with you

Source?

All I see is your personal opinion which smells like shit