I love that old money/powerful man circa 1980-1994 look

Post related cars

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m5y8pID7PIU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

you mean the "Im a poor turk/gypsy/gopnik" look

Xaxaxaxa

my dick

Glad someone shares my love for pre millennium business sedans.

somehow I think they look far more imposing than modern ones.

Check out this great video of W126s driving around germany

youtube.com/watch?v=m5y8pID7PIU

The modern luxury cars barely look like this anymore. I hate to say this but it seems like some class was lost in the pursuit of angry headlights and snarling grills.

W126 is best, but it's after 1975 and I don't want to get buttfucked by the smog ref.

The LS400 is always the answer.
Always.

besides that Merc hasn't made a good looking car before the last E-class.

>besides that Merc hasn't made a good looking car before the last E-class.
Does someone pay you to pretend having no taste on the internet?

Let's not forget some of the more elegant Cadillacs.

>elegant

more like gaudy

>Cadillac
>Ellegant

Pick one GM cuckboy

amazing cars

The W140 is great, that thing not so much

>1980-1994

old money looking cars died in 2002

>tfw you will never own a C-pillar stretched W140

i dont know i cant deal with the w140s looks

and you picked a terrible image

>"that thing"
>w124

nigga pls

10/10 would conduct illicit business in

RARE
A
R
E

Also luxury barely means anything with all these new "anyone can have luxury" cars that companies like Cadillac and Lexus are pushing out at quite a lower cost than before

inb4 Americans defending discount luxury

That never really stopped. Budget luxury always existed, it's just that mass production got so much and manufacturers realized they could milk even more money out of suckers by dropping a few models pricing down to a more attainable level for the average retard.

Old money looking cars simply moved away because, well, since when is old money still relevant today? Old money and its relevance practically died with the 2000s, what with the dotcom craze, the Paypal mafia, China fighting its way to the top on rabid capitalism, Russia opening up to the world market since 1990.

Old money looking cars got irrelevant, because old money got irrelevant. Old money is what? Aristocrats? They were very relevant in 1900. In 1920, even after WW1, the old power stuctures were struggling but held on. In 1950, after the second world war threw their old wheelhouse Europe through the meatgrinder and turned half of it into a communist nightmare, not so much anymore. In 2000? The internet killed it in the end. The dream is over. We're baking a new batch of future-old-money right now, the aristocrats to be, and they're Russian proles high on their ill gotten gains as the Soviet Union fell apart, Silicon Valley hipster faggots who wouldn't touch an all-metal limousine with a ten foot iPad stylus and Chinese slave-labor factory barons who insist on eating a steak for every meal.

Preserve the 80s-00s cars, because they're the last efforts to appeal to that dying breed of rich people with flair and a certain stuck-up haughty arrogance that, on a good day, might be mistaken for dignity. They didn't need to scream to the world "I'M RICH, BITCH", because the world knew their names and knew that they were. Those new guys? The world doesn't know, so they scream it as loud as they can. Maybe in 20 years we'll see quiet style again, but for the moment I don't see it returning so fast.

Rolls Royce is still in business, so your argument is invalid.

Old money is still relevant because it's still earning interest invested in solid industries. The arabs still have oil, and as long as they DO, they will continue to spend their oilmoneys on big fancy western cars.

And what kind of cars do they buy? Lambos everywhere. There's no quiet style with those guys.

Luxury cars are no longer designed to appeal to the old money because most people who can actually call themselves old money still drive around in the Mercedes they bought 20 or 30 years ago.

Go to any incredibly expensive neighbourhood in London or watch parents pick up their kids from Eton or Harrow on the last day of term and you'll see that 50% don't care about the car and are usually in some normal looking Volvo, and the other 50 percent are rolling around in W126s, W140s, E38s and other aged machinery

>Old money
>Lambos
Just no. That's the offical car of babby's first million.

I don't even know why. It must be like a random compulsion you get once your bank account ticks over to seven digits. The things have no use besides (pretending to be) looking good, having a big dick and having a lot of money. If I had a million I'd buy myself a SEL 600 W140 for 10k, then use the rest of the million to buy three broken down ones to use as spare parts banks and finance all the fucking fuel it'd swallow.

Bruh, old money, at least in the US, has never driven MB.

>You may not have a Rolls, a Cadillac, or a Mercedes. Especially a Mercedes, a car, Joseph Epstein reports in The American Schoalr, which the intelligent young in West Germany regard, quite correctly, as "a sign of high vulgarity", a car of the kind owned by Beverly Hills dentists or African cabinet ministers." The worst kind of upper-middle class types own Mercedes, just as the best own elderly Oldsmobiles, Buicks, and Chryslers.

-Paul Fussell, "Class, a Guide Through the American Status System." on the subject of cars driven by properly upper-class Americans.

Oh yes, nationalism, very upper class. I would assume it's only vulgar to own an S-Class if you're not actually German. If, on the other hand, a German ambassador would ride around the US in one it'd be perfectly fine, since that's the way "it ought to be".

>ferrari badge
For what purpose?

Yeah I just checked out some reading samples from that book, 1983 was a different time. He calls West Germany "new and gotten-up". Germany, new? Okay. I guess that's what aristocrats would say after it was ground into dust during the war and all the aristocrats who didn't get killed got excecuted for being NSDAP sympathisants.

That's a damn good book. My dad gave me that to read when I was...what 18?

More Anons should read it.

I find myself disliking it the more I read of it but also agreeing with it above all... except that it seems to outline a world that's not all there anymore. The internet changed too much. Things Have Happened.

what's the point in posting this?

>And what kind of cars do they buy?
The world's biggest Rolls dealership is in the middle east. They buy big british luxobarges because they like having no expense spared on their comfort and luxury. They'll buy one for each continent they fly to on their private jets, or every major airport they fly to.

>Bruh, old money, at least in the US, has never driven MB.

The book might say one thing, actual old money says another. Most of the neighbourhoods are littered with older S classes and BMWs that have been kept since they were new.

pity these old cars look like fucking clunkers when you see them around today. all faded, pitted with the rubber perished. enjoy looking like an autist in your meme car.

> enjoy looking like an autist in your meme car.

do you understand any of what you just said?

>mfw

Book was written in the late 70s.

Post more

It's actually a moose because Volvo is swedish. It's a thing Volvo owners do.

>80's cocaine rice

I think you need to leave

I think I need to stay