pastebin.com/SuXCN3pf
Other useful resources
pastebin.com/TyAHmtW4

[MV] Plugin Releases
mvplugins.com/
[VX/Ace] Master Script List
rmvxace.wikia.com/wiki/RPG_Maker_VX_Ace_Master_Script_List

Collection of old RPGM games
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bz0L3Pxrc8tqfnB1dFhTZHZwSV91cW1KMW9wcUM2WHhwSFFFMUVJX0pEYVExMndNLWtXbGs&usp=sharing

The /rpgmg/ podcast (Updated every other Wednesday):
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyrIVUR5VXKC9XxmtqJh0u0Wcdvu8VQ6A

/rpgmg/ Chain/Collaboration Game!

Done with their part:
- RPG Maker Maker !!nHmJbtdk7T2
- Cortop !QqL8nX9URE
- Duwang !yP15zzo8dA
- MEands !!sbyw5zs4GtT
- Alexander Guy !swIUti/LTA
- salt !AOUYhrDYgU
- Double user !WAnon.pOpQ
- Crunch !I1tYcLS8Ts
- Comp !MEJ8qE/3h
- Silent Maid !ztOzYBnEEw
- Joakim Morgen !!4elh6dhvavq
- W.T.Dinner !LTqeha3bQk
- Firgof !aFqhsxkECQ

Currently working:
Bubbles !u696zUYxpM

Version 13B: mediafire.com/download/89tsrb5ka31g36h/rpgmgcollab_v13B.zip

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2e5J3o_KMzg
mirroredsoulgame.tumblr.com/
rpgmakercentral.com/topic/8986-skill-ideas-you-can-do-with-custom-formula/
cobbtocs.co.uk/wp/?p=271
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hey Bubbles, how is your progress?

Hopefully I can get this to the demo stage by the end of the month.

Looks great, I'm looking forward to it

What do you consider good dungeon design?

hopefully not this

Work on your game, user!

I am!

What do you name your potions/ethers/etc? I'm torn between standard fantasy names or food items.

But it's so hot

What abomination is this?

>Labyrinth of Touhou ver 3.01

I was just asking about the dungeon itself

bump

Do you sometimes wish your characters were real?
I do.

My characters are actual furries and probably wouldn't be able to integrate into our society which is why I must protect them.

Which talking weapon seems cooler?

Bow that turns into a deer-like creature.
Sword that turns into a snake-like creature.
Dagger or Boomerang that turns into some kind of bird.
Shield that turns into a lion-like creature.
Warhammer that turns into a ram-like creature.
A weapon that can transform into different weapons as well as some kind of animal.

The weapon is wielded by the hero.

And which one is more flexible for dealing a variety of attacks?

I would go with the dagger because that would be really cool.

bump

I'm going to have to vote bird too. That sounds pretty neat.

you have to go back. The random encounter rate must be at least zero.

If I wanted to lean how to create music, where would I start?

I went with different kind of foodstuff.

not sure i'm having potions. too boring.

>tfw you get the difficulty of a boss juuuust right

Getting the balancing right is almost art.
It sure is just as hard.

Good night bump

Don't you dare dying again!

TOMB OF FRIENDS 2 CONFIRMED

It's even worse than it looks, since you have to go all over the place to push switches on and off so you can push other switches on.
Also it's not a proper 3d maze, which would have made this a little bit more interesting to play through, and the eyes on the portraits still concern me.

Mine too, holy shit

Death imminent

Good morning, /rpgmg/. What's on your dev agenda today?

Not doing any deving today. There's a sale on the Anno franchise on Steam, so I'll get the gold version of 1404 and spend my day diving back into it.
Too hot to dev anyway.

Drawing some sprites for the main characters. Not sure what I'm going to do after I finish up those just yet - probably will set up some mechanics-related stuff in my game.

So does anyone here know how to make event world map animation sequences properly?

Basicly I want a animation to loop until player presses a button x times, then move to new animation to loop till button pressed x times, then the animation is finished.
Making this at the event aint so hard, though..

But for some reason the animations when finished and begin to re loop tend to flicker, like missing frame style, which looks really ugly and I'm getting rather desperate with it

Yiff in hell, furfag.

Show how you're setting things up right now, and we'll probably be able to see what's going wrong.

New Yanfly Tips & Tricks: youtube.com/watch?v=2e5J3o_KMzg

Now this is a pretty neato effect. I can already picture various classes taking advantage of this skill.

>snakes on a plain

I don't much like that effect at all. The removal of information makes it very feel-bad for the player. And balance-wise, it's the sort of effect that walks with one leg on each side of the fence dividing unbeatable and downright useless.

bumping

Well Ive had many different setups but even when I test with things, its like
the problem is that the animation always flickers when the loop restarts.

like I kinda just need to somehow make it so its looping and looping with script or something and then have the script call to stop it and call new one, but scripts like that Ive had trouble finding a working one
cause either I get the missing frame type of flicker or I cant stop the loop

so im just confuse

I agree. Yanfly keeps using ideas from Action-based rpgs that use skill timers and strategies based on DPS. It's not going to work in a turn based system.

No damage for 3 rounds? That really breaks the game. You'd just need a revive item and a character could absorb all the damage at 1hp. Your healer would be out of a job.

bump

dun die

They're also from MMOs where enemies and strategies are more recurrent. And meant to be used in conjunction with other factors like #of players, geography, timing.

In a regular rpg, a counter-measure skill for poison will only be useful in a few instances. Like, I've played games where only 1 enemy in the database was weak to Earth, and you don't even have a magic-user when you encounter it, so all Earth attribute magic & weapons were essentially shit-tier

A thing like Plague touch were you pass on a status effect sounds useful. But again, it's a turn based system, so unless the enemy can inflict status, you'll just be wasting your turns hurting yourself. It's really only useful with Poison, or Slow.
Petrify, Paralysis, Stop, and Mute wouldn't let you use the skill in the first place. Zombie status probably came from an Undead enemy to begin with. Blind is only good on magic types.
You can pass Doom over with the countdown at 1. But how often will you encounter that skill? That's really more of a Boss skill and they're unlikely to be affected by instant death.

I disagree somewhat. Sure, it is a hard effect to balance as a regular MP-based Skill, but I don't think it'd be particularly broken as a limited Item or if turned into a sort of status ailments that targets enemies exclusively, in which case it serves more as a quirky debuff.

And if you are afraid of it making healing obsolete, you could always tie it to a "Stop" drawback and remove the double damage instead. That way it is as if your character was "removed from time" for a while, which could be a cool skill for Time Mages.

Shit's been rough. Problems happened and I've been kind of unable to work on the game much lately. Still trying to get it done, but I don't think I have any sort of date. My bad.

*meant to say, Blind is only good on melee types

Also, unless the effects last the whole battle, it probably wouldn't be useful pass on a effect that will just wear off in a few turns. And if the skill activates at the start of a turn, that's one less turn the enemy will endure.

Thinking of setting up a tumblr for my game. I'll post it later if I decide to make one.

Also here's an enemy I just doodled up

A major issue there is precisely that enemies are often though up starting with their concept and then given vulnerabilities. I personally believe that is the backwards approach. Enemy Battlers should only be conceptualized once you already have your Skill Sets ready, and be created specifically so they can be faced with your Skills at the time.

I do note that things like conceptualizing enemies weak to Earth is somewhat harder than enemies weak to Fire, Holy or Lightning, so I make Earth skills balanced accordingly by being more powerful than other skills that cost the same MP.

Post examples of dungeon gimmicks you've put in, or want to put in your games.

bump

>traps

Made a tumblr for my game because I'm an attention-whore

mirroredsoulgame.tumblr.com/

Not implemented yet, but I want a swamp area in which you have a limited amount of time to walk in the water before you catch the attention of crocodiles and other random encounters.

I would have gone with a blogspot myself, so you can get anonymous posts. It is far more friendly to users of this thread who might not have tumblr accounts.

I think the thing with Yanfly taking ideas from MMORPG's, MOBAs, etc that are action based is to show you that it can be done. It's up to you how you want to balance it for your game. That said, for the promised guard skill, rather than make it last 3 turns, I'd make it last 1 turn instead. Making a party member invulnerable for 1 turn can make a huge difference even if the party member will receive all the damage at the end of it. His tips & tricks are there for us to see who is a sheep and who isn't if we decide to follow them.

dont die

YES

I like the fire dude. Very gba-era Pokemon.
>I would have gone with a blogspot myself
I kind of agree with this. Getting communicating on tumblr is quite poor. If you want comments and critque, blogspot may be better. The only downside to that is lack of visibility. People are more likely to stumble across a tumblr blog.
Alternatively: why not both?

Bump

Oh boy, you're going to hate my game

We have cutting edge text box technology.

The floor crumbles after a single step, so each party member has to take a different route through the room.

This looks nice, did you make that yourself?

>send a build of my game to a friend to test while i'm at work

>realize i sent him one from June 6 rather than the most recent build

fuck.

Better break all contact now and leave the country.

Yes I did. I'm still trying out different frames for potraits though, not sure what looks best.

My protag killed her daughter and copes with her guilt through alcohol. So, no.
But knowing how society is now, she probably does exist somewhere.

I like him! Little pineapple man. What are you calling him?

I prefer the first one this is a little too intrusive.

I think it looks weird to have some of the portrait visible under the frame.

Work on your game user

I am.

Currently I'm busy getting annoyed by Javascript and prototypal inheritance.

What do you mean?

His name is Shroot. (shrub + root. it's a portmonteau)

I mean I wonder if it would look better for the frame to be *around* the portrait instead of on top of it. Here's a quick shop

What would be the best way to handle a special limited skill? Is there a script that lets you put a cooldown on a skill? The build-in TP system kind of sucks.

Creepy, vague notes.
Bonus points for making my own notebook paper pattern?

Can only a single person use that skill? If so, here's a roundabout way:

Have the skill call a common event
have that common event give that character a status effect
In that status effect, set it to forbid that skill
Set the status effect to wear off after a certain number of turns/actions

neeeeat

I'm likin'

It looks nice, but I think the frame around the name is a bit excessive

i can't see how. as opposed to what? making a separate name window? having the name float around without a background?

why would you not incorporate the name text along with the face and message body?

Progress.

The name part is Xbox huge, they're saying. It would look better if it wasn't so tall.

I'm thinking of adding a system that only lets you select a few skills instead of being able to use all the ones you gained by leveling. You'd have to make compromises and some skills will work better against certain enemies. (revive or buff spell/the next boss can be burned but is resistant to poison).

Would that be more engaging than the standard system or just needlessly limited? It won't be like Pokemon where your skill choice is semi permanent, you'll be able to switch at an inn or something. It also gets rid of the fire/fira/firaga problem.

you dont need the common event
just add "a.add_state(n);" before the damage formula
n being the id of the state that forbids the skill
the benefit of this is that you can have more than one character with the skill

Won't that reset every battle?

It's a common idea that sounds much better on paper than it plays in real life.
>the next boss can be burned but is resistant to poison
This sort of thing is exactly why equipping skills kinda sucks. It only leaves you with two scenarios: A) you don't know the boss's status rates beforehand, so you can't use that information to decide which skills to bring; or B) you do know the boss's status rates, so you'd have to be a complete idiot or a challenge runner to not just pick what you're told to.
In both cases, choosing your skills does not add any strategy or complexity to the game. It actually removes it. Your fight against the boss is going to be less interesting than a scenario in which you were able to bring both poison and fire and do some trial and error with them.

That's not to say that equippable skills are never fun or interesting, but they're never quite as fun or interesting as you expect them to be.

Agreed. With your name font being that small, you could stand to take a few pixels off the top.
Otherwise, I love what you've done.

Not if you don't tell it to. That's what the "remove at battle end" tickbox is there for.

>a scenario in which you were able to bring both poison and fire and do some trial and error with them.

There would be nothing stopping you from doing that. You can have any combination of skills. And it's not like that will be the only way to beat the enemy, it'll just make it easier.

>just add "a.add_state(n);" before the damage formula

Holy shit. The formula bar can do that? I assumed it was just some very stripped down thing that could just read stats.

If user.removeState(ID) gets rid of the state on the user and target.removeState(ID) gets rid of it on the target, what's the scope command for ALL enemies? I want to script a state for a hero that gets rid of a certain other state on all enemies, but I can't for the live of me figure out what the scope for that is called.

it can do a hole lot of stuff
here are some guides:
rpgmakercentral.com/topic/8986-skill-ideas-you-can-do-with-custom-formula/
cobbtocs.co.uk/wp/?p=271

It's fully animated!

How do I work on my game when I have a cat on my keyboard

Press the updog key