Rimworld

Suggest things for the op edition

rimworldgame.com/

RimWorld follows three survivors from a crashed space liner as they build a colony on a frontier world at the rim of known space. Inspired by the space western vibe of Firefly, the deep simulation of Dwarf Fortress, and the epic scale of Dune and Warhammer 40,000.

FAQ: ludeon.com/blog/faq/
Wiki: rimworldwiki.com/
Mods: ludeon.com/forums/index.php?board=12.0 (also check steam workshop)

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=726096646)
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6261.0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for Dwarves = Out

Yo, what is this? Does it mean there is a cap to how much a person can learn a day or? I'm unsure.

yes
my grower hits the threshold every day

What is better for a cave base? Smoothed floors or comfy wooden floors? I've started smoothing out insane amounts. Next stage is to put down some granite walls and designing the cave entrance.

boomrats were a good decision.

They're about the same if I recall, beauty-wise.

It's exactly what it looks like.

In terms of beauty they're the same IIRC, so just smooth stuff, more efficient. Upgrade to carpets and other more fancy flooring later.

How fucked is he?

As fucked as a miniskirted Japanese high school girl in one of Otacon's animes

I hate to disappoint. I made him into flee mode. As he was fleeing to the town I assigned one person to snipe the bear as he was being chased. He lives another day despite being a retarded hunter.

>build nutrient paste dispenser because lol ice sheet
>people literally grab the fucking shit right off the hopper and eat it raw for no raisin
>DOG FUCKING EATS IT OFF THE HOPPER

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Check and see if that dude has one of the swift movement traits

I never noticed. That is indeed what saved him.

>make new game with 3 peeps
>okay, everything will go fine now that I've gotten the hang of this
>make base. things go along swimmingly
>create room next to kitchen to store dead animals. make it out of wood
>hook up air conditioner to said room
>notice dead animals are not frozen. my freezer room isn't working properly
>I've done this exact thing before, it should work. Is it because of the wooden walls?
>decide to remove wooden walls, and replace with steel
>when the last wall is removed, the roof falls down on worker, killing him instantly
>oh right... there's a roof
>he was my only constructor. I can no longer construct anything

Guess I'll start over again

Lucky woman, every time I've tried having one of my pawns run from melee they've derped and gotten ganked

>rimworld general
it's finally happening?

It's not the wooden walls, probably either the freezer temp was set too high, the freezer was too big for one air conditioner to handle, or you were in a heat wave.

You just missed a long thread at Also reposting the Saga of Skunk, collected into easy format

I have no idea why that pasted something other than the thread OP. Here:

game just keeps giving me animals
>5 polar bears, 3 huskies, 2 labradors
I don't want to butcher any of them but jesus FUCK it's draining my resources
every single day is a struggle to get enough food to survive

Does what a wall is made out of matter for insulation? Does a wooden walk-in freezer stay as cool as a steel one?

GET OUT OF MY SWAMP

Ain't nobody wants that green shit from the dispenser. Not even the fucking dogs.

Also, is there a reason my captive spaced spacer refuses to eat?
Meal lies next to him, yet he prefers the company of Malnutrition (severe)

I actually tamed 2 snowhares because bunnies. 2 years later I have 45 of the fuckers. They will NOT stop breeding.

Guess it's like real life.

I can afford to buy one of these slaves if I sell my male ostriches (they're still babies so their value is reduced though) and all my llamas
which one or should I not bother?

I'm playing with 2x colonist threshold AI so they're not gonna softcap recruitment

>previous thread hit the bum limit
witnessed

Who's been your favorite character, so far? Write a little snippet about them.

Mine:
>A German/Japanese biology professor named Kimori Weiss.
>She is a petite, yet well toned woman, with black hair that she pulls back into a ponytail most of the time.
>Early on, she undertook more responsibility than the rest of the settlers. I kind of saw her as a leader figure.
>She got along well with everyone, and seemed to make the best of the colony's situation. I imagine her giving everyone words of encouragement, and assistance on their projects.
>Later on, a Grizzly bear went apeshit and started murdering the whole town. Kimori got mauled and lost her left arm.
>I immediately spent all of my time and resources to building a proper medical center, where she was given a biotic prosthetic arm.
>Though her mood changed during this whole scenario, she stayed optimistic, and continued to encourage those around her.
>Now she spends all of her free time in the comm center of my town, despite all the other members of the original crew taking to space, she will likely spend all of her days in the settlement of Spurlan.

Kimori's a badass. I should get a drawfriend to draw her sometime.

I wouldn't bother with either of them unless you're hurtin' for a researcher, in which case Left, even though he's useless for just about anything else.

so what are the best body parts to replace with advanced prosthetics?

Dr Alexander "Jive" Five, Villain
>Handles all the Negotiating for the Colony
>has a PHD in medicine
>black belt in numerous martial arts
>over 300 confirmed kills as a sniper
>trains attack boomrats
>teaches exotic rimworld tribal women to love in his spare time
>master of dance
>creates laser rifle designs as a hobby

Looks like no one posted the download so I'll go ahead:

https:// mega nz

/#!cAQDGRLR!ocD2I0mAWnzyRJGHCe1q0yy5Ab617vI4t5NTsjyaLG4

I don't know if breaking the link up like this actually helps anything but I'm paranoid

Is this game worth a purchase guys? I'm a little short on cash but I'll live for another week or so before payday. For reference, I've put dozens of hours into Prison Architect and HUNDREDS into Dorf Fort

I got 4 pregnant polar bears right now
can't wait for these fuckers to come out

How are they for meat/leather? Do they eat a lot?

>finally summer
>growing season is literally just 10 days
>plant huge fields

>volcanic winter
>no sun
>cold so don't grow

well fuck you too

it's not like I wanted to stockpile for the winter

I make a greenhouse the moment I hit autumn of my first year in warm climate maps and from the start of the game in cold climate maps
it's a really good habit to get into

I'mma ask again:

New save file.

What Scenario, or Random?
What Biome?
What AI?
Rough or Difficult?

>Verea 'Skunk' Rego
>Teenage tribal loner who has seen two tribes purged by mechanoids
>Only member of my five initial tribals during a particular run to survive the first few weeks
>Skilled marksman, grower and animal tamer who was half the reason the village survived its first year
>A panther self-tamed just because she walked past it
>Married an Arnie lookalike
>Died from five exploding Boomalopes chain reacting around her

Is Ty Australian?

Tribe
Boreal Forest Hills
Cassandra Classic High Pop (mod: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=726096646)
Rough

>Colonist named Hernandez
>Only one proficient in guns so he constantly has to defend the town from invaders alone
>Always fights his heart out against 3-4 people
>Rejected not once, not twice, but three times by a qt3.14 colonist named Raven
>Can't get ANY action despite being the only male colonist in a group of women
>Doesn't get any of the good shit after battles, constantly reduced to wearing rags
>Is the only one with free time to haul so he constantly has to look at the corpses of people he's killed that the women never bothered to bury
>One time when I was low on food he had to eat raw meat because the other colonists ate all the prepared meals before he woke up
> Finally went nuclear only to be taken down by the combined blows of the three women who constantly scorned him
>Now he just sits alone in the dark contemplating suicide

Jesus this game is brutal.

I just leave 2 stacks of kibble out and they chew through them within a few days.

I end up slaughtering a ton of them for the furs since you need to. It's much easier to tame a larger animal by far. But I like rabbits.

Alright lads, might be in a good enough spot to accept a fourth colonist. You decide

why does my corn keep dying? can it not grow in hot climates?

>Ash Whales
Any relation to pick related?

Yup it's a climate extremity. Either it's too cold or too hot for the crop and it just withers away. This is why it's best to have a heater and a sunlight to ensure the crop is always at optimal temperature and has light.

is there a roof above them?
also soil fertility might matter for corn; it's mentioned in the info

Any tips for Boreal Forest? Growing season is only like 10 days. I rushed hydroponics, what's a good setup?

When you're getting hydroponics set up I recommend nutrient paste until you have a decent amount and a good power set up.

If you ever spot fertilized Ostrich eggs in a traders inventory buy them all.
Ostriches are almost as good as big cats in terms of damage/speed (11.09/1.74/98% damage; 6 move speed) and lay eggs too
Simultaneously a war-beast and a chicken. You cannot lose.

>literally only one month to grow crops
>volcanic winter
>slow growth
>just when some are about to sprout
>cold snap

damn, well, back to using indoor growing only. I've learned my lesson.

Mistakes were made.

I read that one, last thread. Sounds like a hell of a run.

It would be cool if you could import survivors from one settlement and put them in another. Or even share them, online.

Imagine if you could run in to survivors from other saves on your PC, as visitors to your current save file.

Jesus.

Is he literally Hitler?

1 steam vent will heat a little more than 1 sunlamp worth of greenhouse in -10C temperatures
if you find 1 sunlamp worth of fertile soil nearby a steam vent to pipe in it should sustain your starting colonists with the addition of hunting until you can get a better setup together
also look for two or more steam vents close together for a larger greenhouse

+Psychopath, Masochist
++ Animals
+Medicine Social Research
+Can Haul
=Cold Tolerant
- Poor Levels in all skills
- can't grow or mine

looks like a solid laborer/misc guy to me

Is there a way to repair clothes or do I literally have to make new clothes and hope my colonists switch them up? Manually changing all of their clothes seems like a pain in the dick.

Yep, gotta ditch the old stuff

>strong raid during a solar flare
>lose one colonist and a dog
>endless berserk cycle
>all colonists are dead, or on the ground crying as they die
>about to quit
>"a wanderer joins your colony"
>incapable of caring

thanks game

>Incapable of caring

Just like the game, it seems

even without medical care being in a hospital bed does help recover somewhat
maybe one of them will live

How do I grow something else than potatoes? I dont see any options at growing zones.

How do I get my guys to automatically use the electrical smelting to smelt down stuff? I forced one to use it and carefully watched each skill to go up but nothing seems to go up. What "work" is required to be put as a priority so they always use it?

You were lucky.

Thank fuck, gonna buy that flatscreen

AND THE FUCKING SQUAD HUNTING HIM ARE OPERATOR COMPARED TO MY COLONY
FUCK

>a fat naked old gun-nut with masochistic tendencies who doesn't do shit but fight and play with animals and craft really shitty statues using your most valuable resources so that he can fill his room with them

Watch him be the hero your colony deserves

...or fill his room with guns, animal plushies and war game miniatures like the autistic man-child he personifies.

rename him CWC

what the fuck do I do with this piece of shit? He's just wiggling in my base eternally

My squad is 1x Plasteel Club/Personal shield 1x Plasteel Knife/Personal shield 4x Handgun (poor-normal) and 1x Sniper Rifle +3 boomrats

Should I psychic insanity lance them/which one?
Or should abuse distance and hope my boomrats do the job

melee attack to death
they dont bleed

jesus fuck the storytellers can be brutal sometimes like its been 5 random events in a row that have fucked up my hydroponics

Anyone?

if your gonna use your lance, lance the grenadier, he has armor to tank a few shots whilst still doing aoe damage to his fellows, and yes, abuse your range, boom rats, grenades, and sniper should all work together to pin them down and make them panic/flee

if they get the upper hand and you dont feel you can safely sit in your perch anymore picking them off, hide back into your town and do urban warfare, ambushing them in hallways from all sides using your melee and low cooldown pistols to your advantage against their long reload charge rifle and lmg

afterwards, screencap, post results and type in caps

GG EZ

If you hover over the skills it tells you what task it is associated with, for metal recovery from slag at a smelter its crafting that is used.

Why is skill degrading a thing? Fuuuuck

So I sort of pissed these fuckers off. Will they ever calm down and leave?

again

the problem with solar flares is that it shuts down ALL electricity for multiple hours. In the Ice Sheet you might as well reload as your colonists will freeze and all your hydroponic plants will die with nothing you can do about it. I feel that if they made Solar Flares either electricity-powered things work half as well or only electric stuff outside is shut down it would be more balanced

It takes like a few in game days if it's an event. Otherwise wait till they starve or bite the bullet.

BLS RESBOND :DDDD

As with pretty much every single pc game out there; pirate it, and find out.

I've survived on an ice sheet with a solar flare, though I had 2 geothermal generators pumping out heat if not electricity.

There should be a way to mitigate solar flares though, like a circuit breaker or it only affecting stuff outside like you said.

>Computer has a monitor on it because government clearance
>Cannot into pirating

Yeah no, not happening

NO MAJOR WOUNDS
NO ANIMAL LOSSES
NO ESCAPEES
GOTTEM

at least with short circuits you can segregate your power systems

pic related

>John 'Lucky' Doe
>Randy/Challenging difficulty
>Rich solo survivor on a frozen planet on the highest mountain peak
This is going to go on for 36 posts

Post more, you little bitch

Luckily for Lucky he arrives right next to an almost complete abandoned structure. However there are little if any animals on the peak, no trees and very few steel deposits nearby.

NIGGERS, PREPARE CAREFULLY TECHNICALLY HAS AN A14 ALPHA THING

ARE YOU TIRED OF THAT FUCKING GODAWFUL RNG MAKING YOU TAKE SIX YEARS TO MAKE A COLONY?

THEN WAIT NO FUCKING LONGER, BECAUSE THIS PROBABLY BUGGY PILE OF DICKS FIXES THAT. KIND OF. I HOPE.

ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6261.0

The good news is he has ample space near his new home for growing food. His first concern is getting a room up to escape the cold with power and heating before establishing a green house to produce food as soon as possible.

At the end of the first day great progress has been made. His outpost is done with power, heat and the greenhouse is underway.

Its the start of the second day and Lucky is in great spirits, he even built himself a little snowman to celebrate.

Am I retarded, or were turrets made into a tech?

yes to both

Near the end of the second day with the greenhouse complete and crops growing he suddenly gets contact from a nearby commissar who needs help and is being chased by bandits, he decides to save her. There is no way he can survive without help in this hostile wilderness.

Blue attempts to run to the safety of the outpost with the raider close behind, but at the same moment the sounds of an escape pod comes roaring down on the mountain and an injured survivor arrives with it.