Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

AWOOOOO

Previous: >Great news!
-Monster Hunter Generations along with special edition N3DS XLs is out!
-Kiranico and MHX Dex updated

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh (embed) (embed)
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

discord.me/mhg

Tags: MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MHFU, MonHun, /mhg/

SEEEEEE YAAAAAAAAAAAAA

where do i sign up to be a carried shitter

Gigginox is cute! Cute! Cute!

So very cute!!!

>when you try to activate an adept evade but it doesn't work because the hitboxes are finally good

Right here.

When someone helps you, you're supposed to thank them in a nice post

I am hurt, user

Theyve been good since tri, 4u just fucked it uo by adding in 9000 gen 1 monsters with still fucked hitboxes

Is there anyplace online where I can see the movelist of a prowler or the weapon styles? I've checked the pastebin and there's nothing.

What's the best method to get ancient shards, in generations, /mhg/?
Just running and hitting like the two areas that can in volcanic hollow?
related:
haven't found it, must be somewhat blind, what food option gives explorer now?

>thanking people
Wow, what's this, a kindergarten?

53-1803-5999-3292
Two slots. (MHGen)

What rank?

>never used fast weapons before, because I don't like how weightless and spammy they feel
>try out SnS in Generations
>hunt a Rathalos
>mount him in the air with the ledge jump
>cut the tail with the blade dance
>knock him out of the air again with shoryuken
>KO with exhaust oil and kill him
>all in the same zone when I first found him, the fucker didn't even get a chance to flee
SnS is too fucking strong.

why did I make these khezu dbs
I was desperate for para but these hardly do it

sheeeeet

Send cats on a rare volcano expedition.

Because you didn't notice they were split. One blade does paralysis, the other does element. Khezu's DBs are good in a single game and that game isn't a mainline title

They realized how hilariously powerful para DBs are so they reduced your options for them.

>look it up in pings
>chance 100%
what the fuck?
is that only if they hit the rare area?
also, I was looking for something I could do with my character, preferably to cycle time over now that I know cats can do this.

100% in the secret area. Small chance on any volcano expedition.

Low.

I knew about the split
I was still thinking it'd proc more

rip

guess I'll make felyne ones or something

Post lewd monsters.

You don't get it, Para DB are shit in Gen.

Whats a good high rank gunner set for HBG?
I'm thinking rathalos since it gives attack and weakness exploit. Is weakness exploit good for mitsu hbg, or should I just go for critical eye +2 instead?

My favorite cute couple of shitty flagships!

Speaking of para. I'm thinking about running a support para/trap slut SnS. What's a good weapon/armor for it?

T G S 2 0 1 6
G
S

HOW HYPED ARE YOU?

None, that build is trash.

Gendrome SnS with a blunt set.

Stop criticizing me, bigot!

Ancient fragments aren't ancient shards.

damn, I wanted to aerial mount and para meme for when I don't want to try

might do blast/poison. sleep any good?

Look at ping and cry.

If you like beer, maybe

You may call me a dreamer, but if they show MH5 on consoles I'll probably just go into a joy coma for a day or so.

More likely it'll be for the NX, but I like to think big.

Any non gaijinmemer weapons that don't need either of the sharpness skills?

Who needs support when everyone is doing kungfu maneuvers up in the fucking air

Kirin.
Kirin was a mistake.
Again.

More like who needs wet noodles that para once per hunt when you can deal damage and staggers more often with a Lv1 weapon.

It won't be on NX due to wrong timing. Must sell 2 million by March.

You're right. Just mine in the Volcano manually then. Don't think there are other ways.

Pretty much. The only statuses DBs do well with in Generations are Blast and Poison on certain monsters

for Status SnS or for general?

for the former the gendrome SnS is your best choice

for the later it's anything Hellblade.

is any hr7 around here? i need akantor fangs

Okay, let me rephrase it.
Are there any natural white para SnS with decent raw? I can't look this up myself right now, because my browser is too old to support kiranico.

what did he mean by this?

>try to adept LS against rathalos
>get my shit kicked in
I don't get how people play adept LS. It's so easy to whiff your spirit attack
Back to striker LS I go

My set is almost ready. Who's ready for some charm farming?

Kiranico is shit, use ping's dex

The point of save editing basic shits is, to not doing boring shits over and over like waiting for trading honeys, mushrooms, and other mundane shits over and over, and to have to have all these shits in a short time. Obviously, if you have played more hours than me then you'd get more money, duh.

There is one single sleep pair of Dual Blades

none of the para SnS have nat white

tough luck

Yo why the fuck is it impossible to find a room or get people into a room for Hyper monsters, I need one fucking "Hyper hunter I" bullshit piece of paper.

Why not simply edit all gear and all achievements for yourself and not play the game? Same thing.

Then download and use Pingsdex you dunce, it's better and faster anyway and lets you filtersearch everything to your hearts content.

I honestly think that los, ian and narga are the easiest targets to adept ls against

i do miss finishers against them if they flinch and their head jerks up though

>he still don't get it
I play monster hunter to hunt monster. I'm not playing mushroom gathering or honey farming.

But it's only for Windows. Isn't it?
Thanks, Ichinose.

I'm not the guy you're replying to but I think you need a bit of work on your comparisons. The argument of "well if you cheat might as well not play" has never worked because there's different scales of cheating. There's a difference between having an advantage like fucking honey and steamrolling a game with god roll charms and (in 4U) relics.

Probably because the game has barely been out a week and barely anyone has gotten that far.

And you don't need to do any of that in Low Rank. You shouldn't even need a Mega Potion in Low Rank, so where does that Honey necessity come from? You're not even playing Monster Hunter, you're playing a potion chug game and still making less zenny than people who actually do play.

>tfw reading last thread
So Khezu is the official hated monster of the game then?

Astalos is

>still making less zenny than people who actually do play
MAYBE, MAYBE IT'S JUST BECAUSE I HAVEN'T EVEN GOT TO HIGH RANK, OR EVEN 5* VILLAGE QUEST YET? DO YOU EVEN READ THE POST YOU'RE REPLYING TO?

It's Garuga.

>Or even 5* village
Explain why the Hell Honey matters then

imo it is
Everything about it is just here as a fun-vacuum

That fucking prowler quest where you need to get 3 golden fish. gave up after 15minutes without any showing up.

Not with Aerial and water weapons.
Or Pierce Water.

Why would anyone hate Astalos?

Oh you're just trolling. Nvm.

>cats feel the need to break me out of confusion
>despite destroying the damn bird with reversed controls anyway
any way to make them not do that or am i just gonna have to stop bringing them altogether?

It's in the caves, not the base camp.

I can't do it. My timing is too garbage for adept. People say it's evasion +100000 but I dodge better in any other style than adept

>using aerial shit on anything but gamuto
Do you have a death wish?

If you're not even in 5*, there is literally no threat to you in any way. You wouldn't need to go out of your way to farm any gathering material because you don't need Mega Potions that early. So why the Hell does it matter enough for you to edit something you don't need until Glavenus and friends at best, and High Rank as the most logical.

That's not trolling, you're literally playing a potion chug game and complaining about Honey and Mushrooms when you don't even need them

I just startet village 4* and I'm swimming in honey and money, you must be doing something wrong.

Also fuck off to spectical fighters if you can't enjoy the hunters live.

Because it looks worse than frontier and is more boring than Gammoth, more annoying than Mizutsune and more cheap than Glavenus.
Also its gear comes out of Metroid Prime's Space Pirates.

>more boring than Gammoth, more annoying than Mizutsune and more cheap than Glavenus
All of those are mutually exclusive.

>149042245
Nah, you changed your point from 'having much more money than this cheater' to 'why would you even use honey at that point, lol'. That's just moving the goalpost. I'm not giving more (You).

More boring because it doesn't do anything
More annoying because it flies around
More cheap because it relies on shitty beams and windup aoes

No, you moron

What's wrong with space pirates?
Not every armor has to look like mystical samurai demigod #324

How do I save edit charms? Being able to cheat items and parts is not really any help or fun.

I need a +3 Tenderizer, +10 Attack OOO charm, dammit!

I completely, wholeheartedly disagree.

>that theme

But that's what this armour looks like.

Best raw SnS?

>typical NO U response
heh

it's the most hated monster of every game, even ones he isn't in.
Some people say gravios, but he's actually kind of fun for gunners.
Khezu is just awful for everyone involved.

>astalos armor looks like a samurai
Ok I see now you are just trolling.

Deviant Dino. The answer is always Deviant Dino.

It's pretty fun to soot its charged up parts actually. Also the flying doesn't mean shit when you've got a gun. Maybe you should get a gun?

Any HR Turns rooms up?
Or should I make one?

How the fuck are you supposed to fight Nakarkos? I literally have no fucking idea where i'm supposed to hit

What's a good LR CB/Hammer set? Was thinking of getting Kut-Ku.

You mean the repell urgent?
Just hit the tentacles. When it's staggered and falls to the side, run up to its back and hit the squishy rainbow thing (its eye?).

>it doesn't do anything
>here's this thing it does
>here's this other thing it does
It's one or the other here, it either does something (it doesn't because it can't do anything to you when you're at its legs) or it doesn't at which point the other arguments don't make sense.