/wtg/ War Thunder General

History Bias Edition

>Official Site:
warthunder.com/

NOTE: You get given a premium aircraft for your first victory in game!
Need a faster download? Switch Language in Launcher.

>Wiki with Release Trees and General Tactics:
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php

>Fan created skins, missions, locations, fictions etc...
live.warthunder.com/ (Warning! Pure weeaboo and horsefucker autism abound)

>Ammunition Types
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Category:Ammunition

>All the Air RB/SB maneuvers you would want to know + Engine thingamabobs:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200974026

>Every Airplane Instrument Panel translated
mediafire.com/view/q4nybrogygdchdb/ND's_aircraft_reference_guide.pdf

>Steam community:
steamcommunity.com/groups/warthundervg

>vg chatroom:
Type " /join vg " into chatbox.
If prompted for a password, use "memes".

>Joystick Comparisons:
xbitlabs.com/articles/multimedia/display/joystick-roundup_8.html

>DIY Headtracking
pcgamer.com/how-to-build-your-own-ir-head-tracker/
ebay.com/itm/161710468074

Even on the remote chance that they add A2A I can 100% without even anything remotely resembling a shadow of a doubt guarantee they will never add the AIM-9. You need to get out of here with that shit before you infect some other poor deluded nigger.

Why wouldn't they. The first versions were hopelessly bad

Firstly, hard2code and beam-riding is already in the game.
Secondly, they'd have to break too many other rules to add aircraft variants capable of carrying those weapons.
Thirdly, have you ever even dealt with Gaijin or do you just shitpost here and on reddit?

It's not as if the AIM-9 was drastically better than beam riders of its time when it first came into service. You can literally dodge it with a sharp turn, and once you're out the seeker fov it's ballistic.

Jokes on you I don't even go to reddit and I'm not shitposting

Reaper Meteor when?
ADEN Meteor when?

So the M103, Conqueror, Chieftain and Conway all have a 120mm gun, right?

What would happen if you tried firing a Chieftain shell in the M103s gun?

So this... is the power of APCR

>her
>Arthur ‘Pacifica’ Carley
I see

LOAD AYY PEE CEE OWR

When?

AFAIK everything would be fine, but why on earth would you want to use something other than your OP as heck AP-T? )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

If ATGMs are any indication, air to air missiles are just out of the capabilities of War Thunders engines. Gaijin are already up to their tits with the problems of mouse/keyboard guided, subsonic missiles are giving the engine, I don't think they'd be able to make supersonic radar guided ones even possible.

I want to drop paratroopers in this game

What about fitting it all down the breech though?

Also wouldn't the high power shot of the M103s gun practically blow the turret off a Conway?

I wonder if they ever tried it.

>be skyknight
>switch from pilot view to "gunner" view (radar operator view)
>guide your Sparrow just like a sherri or IT-1 would
>anything but a Tu-4 or AFK IL-28 could ezmode dodge it
It wouldn't be that hard to do, but
>the real issue would be coming up with an A2A for everybody (that fits other aircraft restrictions ie. no afterburners)

I'm 100% that round is in game just so the devs can say "SEE YOU CAN PEN THAT TANK!"

I'm talking functionally mate, it would never work. As is, ATGMs have hit detection issues and flight issues. Now imagine trying to scale up the speed of the missile and make all the targets travel at transonic speeds, and imagine the WT engine, let alone the servers, try and figure out whether you hit or not.

Anyone that has a sabre could use the GAR-8 since it can be used on the versions currently in game

Most hit detection issues are tied to low velocity, and it's not as if supersonic projectiles aren't in the game.

>every sabre could mount sidewinders
>t. man who thinks every B-29 was silver plated

>Most hit detection issues are tied to low velocity
you fuckin wot m8

Missile issues aren't the same as issues with low velocity cannons, you realise

Oh look its ATGMs dont work for me by memer the lemer.

Literally a (you) issue, upgrade from dialup you gigaslav

The F-30 could, and I'm almost certain they could get them on the F-25 and F-2, not to mention the Canadair

>memer the lemer
why you name dropping me? you're not even replying to me. Also the person I was arguing with about it was vegeta, and he was only arguing about it because he just wanted to shitpost about something

In what world are you living where ATGMs are all rosy and working perfectly? Are you saying there wasn't issues with SACLOS ATGMs flying off wildly in a different direction when fired? Or the ingame model of the rocket not displaying the true position of the rocket? Or how about rockets just plain old hitting tanks and doing utterly nothing, not even a hit?

Literally why would you try and defend it, other than to be a shill?

Cant wait to see you post your webm of you hitting tracks from houe it-1 and wondering why they didnt blow up

How much of an improvement will the P-47N be?

Pretty disappointed the P-51Ds got dropped BRs since they no longer face late war German fighters all the time now.

>it's not shitty coding
>it's a (You) issue
+10GE

No, I'm talking about hitting a T-54 dead center and having the missile explode doing shitall damage.

Now do you actually have a stake in this shitposter, or were you just starting this because you thought I was your internet boyfriend or something?

There, he's even been kind enough to provide a webm.

>play 5.7
>1st game 6.7
>2nd game 6.7
>3rd game 6.7
>4th game 6.7
>5th game 6.3
>6th game 6.3
>7th game 6.7
>8th game 6.7
>9th game I don't know I uninstalled

Me being shit at this game is one thing. Me not having a chance to get better while being shit is another. I don't know if I should come back in a month when the game will feel fresh or just quit. I want to get good at this game but this is just bullshit.

>still being so retarded that you think everyone is me
>still thinking that a track would stop the ATGM

We had this discussion a few nights ago. A track isn't enough to stop the shaped charge from an ATGM or HEAT. Fuck off you retarded shill

I'm make it easy for you this time, because apparently you think everyone who disagrees with you, is me
t. meme lemur

The very first sabres able to use sidewinders were field modded in 1958. That's four (IV) "4" years after the timeline ends, and they weren't standard on any plane until a fair bit later.

Don't they have an arming distance?

>a track should stop the molten copper lining from an ATGM
no

No, not in War Thunder. They'd be completely useless on gaijin's 2x2 km meme maps if they did.

The cutoff date hasn't been a thing for over a year now you pillock.

IRL sure, ingame no.

no. the maps are way to small. but the retarded hit registration they sometimes have makes up for it

You're an idiot. It's '54 for planes, '69 for tanks.

Armchair generals decide what is real

t. Loser

>implying Gaijin gives a fuck about their own self imposed limitations

ATGM was a mistake to allow click and drag casuals a way to play tier 5 while giving soviets another top tier tank. A poor attwmpt to get more people from wot by adding stupid things

Alternatively, a poorly implemented representation of the evolution of armored fighting vehicles.

The cutoff date was done away with over a year ago, with the introduction of shit like the Leopard. Now it's based on performance limitations, which for tanks is pretty much only limited to no composite armour and ERA, and for planes it's no afterburners, supersonic level flight or missiles.

Or how about I point out the only reason you made up a 1969 "cutoff date" is because the Sheridan was introduced then, and was only added THIS PATCH.

They should have never went past 1960. If i wanted AW i would play AW.

You won't be able to play AW much longer.

))

Good, it was a bad WoT clone with modern toys.

It's been 1969 for months, senpai, even before they added the falcon and claimed to be seriously considering the gepard.

Can't have realism, that'd mean burgers would need actually functioning pilots.

>Armchair generals decide what is real
what did he mean by this

>t. loser
o m g you madman. you did not just say that

What most of us wanted way back when the cold war tanks were first added was a 9.0 tank BR, and for all the cold war tanks to be added there. That way they'd never see anything short of post war tanks and nazi prototypes, and even then only on a maximum uptier.

At this point what I want Gaijin to do is split up their WW2/Korea era stuff and Cold War stuff into completely different games. That way they can go about extending further and further into modern tanks, without fucking over the tanks from 1930-50.

No, it hasn't. First it was dictated by cutoff dates, way back when the top tier stuff we had was shit like the T-54. Now this was fine and dandy for jets, because past their allocated cutoff date the introduction of supersonic speed and radar guided missiles came very quickly. But for tanks, there was decades of tank development with no major developments that would shake up the gameplay of War Thunder if introduced. So then Gaijin switched from cutoff to performance, which at the time mean no smoothbores, no ATGMs, no composite armour or ERA and no BVR artillery. For jets this was nominally limited to what the cutoff date already did, which meant no afterburners, no supersonic level flight and no missiles. Now as we know this has progressed, and Gaijin changed their list of allowed stuff. This started with the Calliope introducing a form of "BVR artillery", which slightly bended Gaijins rules. Then just recently they completely broke them with the mass introduction of ATGM tanks. And next patch we'll be getting the T-62, armed with a 115mm smoothbore cannon.

So go ahead and stick that cutoff date nonsense up your ass, unless you'd like to explain why Gaijin just keep adding tanks from later and later dates? Or at least find any shred of a "cutoff date" from Gaijin themselves?

Suffering, I really miss the Bulge map and dishing it out with G-10/K-4s and D-9s back in the day.

I sign in once a day to see what booster I get and to use it if it's a 200% + one. I honestly can't take the amount of up tier I face.

>next patch t-62

STOP THIS

>set a date
>fill up the trees to a reasonable degree with stuff
>over a year passes
>run out of stuff they want to/have enough data to add
>extend the timeline
Yep, that's definitely not what they're doing.

>not prefering smaller boosters that last longer
The moment you activate a 100%+ booster you will get a guaranteed uptier.

The T-62 won't be that big of a deal but it will be fun.

No, dude, it's confirmed, just like boats, frogs, pasta, anime tanks, bomber cockpits, anti-cheat, player arty, and the removal of RNG bounce chance.

>he doesnt leave max uptier matches

Yeah fun for slavaboo getting another top tier tank.

Fuck off already, your tree is already good enough.

IT-1 is literally the T-62 chassis, you realise.

There's some serious denial going on if you think it's not being added after being confirmed multiple times by BVV and Gaijin.

Or, right, listen here, mind blowing stuff, they did away with the cutoff date completely! Fucking mind boggling, right, the utter madmen?!

USSR currently has two top tier tanks. Same number as USA. And Germany.

Funny that.

They should have gone into paper tanks desu

Or japan
Or france
Or Italy

Until the IT-1 was added the russian top tier was the worst top tier for tanks, except for arcade shitters. The T-62 will have all the same problems that make the T-54 and T-10 worse than the Leopard and M60 and Chieftain, but it will at least marry the APDS performance of the T-10 to a medium hull.

>they should have given the naziboos even more papershit
>they should have given weebs their shitty tier iii max tanks

god no

>implying weebs won't get American tier 5 reskins

Who are the two top tier usa and nazi?

I only see the sheridan and leopard be worthwhile.

>worst top tier
>best heavy
>best SPAA that can kill tier 5 tanks with ease
>t-54 1951 race cars
>it-1 click amd draggers

I get up teried anyway. I'm not going to sit through 10 or 20 missions of missary.

You do realize clapper and soviets have lots of papershit that could be added but isnt.

Also japan has good tanks all the way to tier 5

>Also japan has good tanks all the way to tier 5

>top tier aren't top tier unless I say so

convenient. The M60 and Rakatenjagdpanzer are both top tier, just like the T-51 and ZSU-57 aren't top tier. Unless they became Cold War MBTs/ATGM slingers while I wasn't looking?

Nazis would be the most pandered and benefit the most from papershit. Yanks and Slavs benefit the most from prototypes.

>Also japan has good tanks all the way to tier 5
How do I say this
"no"

>USSR currently has two top tier tanks. Same number as USA. And Germany.

>M551
>M60

>RakJPz 2
>Leo
>Kugel
>Jpz 4-5

>T-54
>T-10
>Su-122-54
>IT-1
>ZSU-57

Yep, only two. Just two, same as everyone else.

Why would you?

>he doesnt enjoy a challenge

Are 5.3 109s worth it? They feel like absolute shit when stock.

they feel like bricks when spaded too

Supposedly they're good spaded, but it's a pretty miserable grind.

>ZSU-57
7.7 SPAA, or 7.3, I forget.
>Su-122-54
7.3 now I believe
>T-54
7.7, and hasn't been relevant in years. The first two don't even have HEAT-FS, and the last one has it as a final tier module.

>T-62
>good
you have been severely misinformed

>best heavy
T-10 isn't a Maus
>best SPAA
close, maybe tied with Falcon
>T-54 1951 race cars
so you've never used one, because they have shit reverse, turning, and is slightly slower than the M60 in practice offroad.
>it-1 click amd (sic) draggers
the Sheridan missile goes 50% faster and is harder to dodge.

Anything else? Do you even play tier 5?

It really is amusing watching what I'm assuming are naziboos getting buttmad at what is essentially a worse T-54 with worse APDS than the 105mm.

you realise the sheridans ATMG is faster, has more range and is more manoeuvrable. The IT-1 has the least manoeuvrable ATGM

It's good to know this thread hasn't gotten to the dogs yet.

Are you trying to claim that BR is indicative of what's top tier?

Maus is a meme tank. It's not 100% bad, but it's also not post-war armor design. IIRC it also has the late war german armor modifier.

>top tier means 8.0

Idiot

what makes a tank top tier?
what makes the kugelblitz top tier?

The new damage models are so frustrating. Planes arent tanks, jewjin

Good pen, extreme RoF, MG resistant.

Is there a single competitive plane left in german tier 4?

It's the only tier V heavy that actually does the job of a heavy, though. In practice there is very little reason to pick the T-10 over a T-54 when HEATFS is on the table.

>Are you trying to claim that BR is indicative of what's top tier?
No, I can't be bothered explaining to you what makes it not top tier for every tank.

But if you really want to know, "top tier" refers to cold war MBTs or ATGM tanks. The ZSU-57 isn't top tier, it's an annoyance. The SU-122-54 has been irrelevant since it was first added, and then completely superseded by the T-10Ms gun anyways. The T-54 has been made irrelevant by the cold war MBTs, aside from the 1947 which still enjoys WW2 matchmaking.

I mean, your list also included the fucking Kanonenjagdpanzer as top tier for fucks sake, of course I'm not going to take it seriously. That tank is literally the M47s on a worse chassis and with no fucking turret.

You realize the IT-1 can literally hide the best of all ATGM and get kills without ever worrying aboht being shot back

Doras and the K-4 have always been good

ikr

Also, the main shell the soviets used on the T-62 for the first few years has worse penetration than the long 88mm APCR. if that's the T-62's sabot, I'm gonna laugh so hard

The raken and STRV can do it too. also, nice engrsihyd

D12, D9, that new Ta, the K4 is good if you git gud. The Me 410s and Do 335s are obviously still great at decimating tank columns.

d9 but it locks up when you go fast now

>maus
>good
Literally a giant slow billboard saying shoot me

And ZSU is miles beyond Falcon for being mobile td with autoguns

>dive on dicker
>cumming straight down on that mother fucker
>just start smoking it with shVAK cannons
>i mean i'm just splurging all over inside that big open box
>he starts backing that ass up
>i'm just tunnel visioned in on him
>i'm giving zero fucks at this moment
>i'm not backing off until i at least get a crit
>belt is 1/2 a second a way from being burnt
>fucking dive into that shit wings deep
>crash crits his track
>replay shows only about 2 rounds hit the rest were about one dick length to his right

I just don't know /wtg/...

I don't feel like playing much anymore after this. I think everything would have been fine if I didn't watch the replay and chalked it up to a bad damage module. After seeing this though all the other times that this happened is now coming to light. I mean I wasn't upset that I didn't get the kill until I watched the replay. I mean I'm thoroughly disappointed.

What the fuck /wtg/... I'm actually for the first time in over 1000 hours just disgusted.

+1 GE!

Doras are still good, and 30mm HVAP isn't what it was, but it still fucks up player tanks.

>400 mm pen HEATFS
>irrelevant

>ZSU-57 isn't top tier
Oh, I am laffin.

STRV cant do shit unless its behind a giant hill and even then its missles are pure shit.

The saving grace of the T-62 is that it will have APDS with the same speed as the T-10 APDS, which is the fastest shell in the game afaik

it won't really matter much because lol scope zoom and compressed ranging marks, but it's something