CAR WASH WEEKEND

It's the weekend. Are you going to wash your vehicle?

>Popular companies
AMMO NYC
www.ammonyc.com
www.youtube.com/user/AMMONYCdotcom

Chemical Guys
www.chemicalguys.com
www.youtube.com/user/chemicalGuys

Mothers
www.mothers.com
www.youtube.com/user/MothersPolish

Meguiar's
www.meguiars.com
www.youtube.com/user/MeguiarsUSA

Detail King
www.detailking.com
www.youtube.com/user/detailking01

>Tips, how-tos and reviews
Acc0rd79: www.youtube.com/user/Acc0rd79

Auto Fetish Detail: www.youtube.com/user/autofetishdetail

Car Cleaning Guru: www.youtube.com/user/CarCleaningGuru

Want to add something to this list? Leave a comment.

I've been fantasizing about washing my car all week after this shit houston weather. I'm gonna clean my interior so fucking hard unf

Raining this weekend in washington but already had two washes this month.

Anyone here use a foam gun to wash their car?

i have to wash my van and one of my bikes has rust i need to tend to.. and another bike needs an oil change.. i have a lot of Veeky Forums shit going on this weekend

Yeah, why?

I should but I'm lazy.

I did my interior yesterday but im unhappy with it so im going to do it again in a couple days

How much better is it than the conventional method?

Done.

GETTING REAL TIRED OF YOUR SHIT, POLLEN.

Anyone know of any good wheel cleaner to get rid of brake dust caked onto the rim?

It's raining this weekend. Nature will wash my car for me. Better than having it caked in FUCKING POLLEN.

Just got a new (to me) car, pretty sure it sat with the windows down and sunroof open for a long time. Inside is pollen central, with pine needles, and a horrid mildew smell.
What do?

Oh god the pollen is real

At least pollen is seasonal. It always blows dirt here.

Fuck that shit, we have a cold front in the area and it's 5C / 10F above freezing here, I'd be fucking retarded to get my hands wet outside right now.

Update: OCD has been satisfied.

Carplan Wonder Wheels. Though if it's properly caked on you might have to bust some sandpaper out.

wtf is in this shit that makes it work so well? i swear it's just ammonia and a bit of some other type of soap.

what, you can't read the ingredients and find out right now????

No ingredients on the small bottle I bought first, and no ingredients on the gallon concentrate I got recently.

paint is trash, but washed it anyways to get all the dust off of it.

>paint is trash
As in it needs corrected or it's so old and faded you'd have to respray the whole car?

I have to respray the whole car, just waiting on a bumper and a few other pieces.

>spend last friday afternoon cleaning car
>four spots of bird shit that sunday
>five on tuesday
>six on thursday

I'll do it tomorrow.

>Get every other weekend off
>Gamer kids have managed to get every perfect weekend off
>I'm talking 70s, sunny, with a very slight breeze
>Every weekend I've had off has been cold, dreary, and wet
>All they do is sit inside and play games
>My weekend off and it's supposed to rain all day tomorrow and it was raining on/off all day today
>They refuse to switch weekends

Holy fuck is this pissing me off. All winter long my weekend off was bitter cold and they have had high 20s low 30s. Perfect winter activities weather. And now spring is here and my I'm getting screwed again.

Holy fuck I hate my shift.
>4 days off a month
>4 out of 4 of those days end up being spent indoors looking outside at all the things I want to do
>At least I'm saving bank like no other

I guess I've done quite a bit of preventative maintenance. Shed can fit 1 vehicle.. However it's a sand/dirt floor so it's dust city in there. Would make a terrible detailing area.

Maybe I'll go to home depot in the morning and see if I can come up with a brine solution to kill the dust.

It's pretty nice as I find I use less soap but get the car lathered in it better

It's supposed to rain Friday, so I don't be going this weekend.

I only wash my car if there's no rain in the 7 day forecast.

I CANT BECAUSE ITS BEEN GOD DAMN RAINING ALL WEEKEND.

FUCK THIS STATE

RRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>just washed her today
feels good man. She's pretty when she's clean

Would any of you pay to have your car detailed?

Not me. I enjoy detailing my car, and thankfully i have time to do it.

>rained and hailed yesterday and today
>thankfully, my car was safe and sound in my garage

I enjoy doing it myself. I would trust a professional to do it, but it's way more fun to do it my self. Little boost to my pride when someone compliments how clean it always looks, especially for a black car.

Bout to attempt color matched + clear coat paint touch up myself because I took to pieces of gravel to my roof and it chipped muh paint. Gonna follow that up with Meguiar's ultimate compound and then ultimate polish.

God I hope I don't fuck this up

I honestly enjoy doing it too much to let anyone else have that fun.

>that feel when the car is so crazily dirty and then you clean it off and see that beautiful shine
>that feel when you clean the wheels at the end of the wash and they shine like mirrors
>that feel when vacuuming the various crevices in the seats and footwells

However

>had just washed the car
>dried it and sat back in awe of how nice it all looks
>sudden splat
>oh no what the fuck why
>a bird just too a massive shit on the roof

Anyone else going crazy when a bird shits on their car? It's like acid for paintwork. I can actually see ancient bird shits in the paint from where the PO didn't bother to clean it off fast enough. I literally have wipes and towels in my car to remove it as soon as it happens.

I would if i wasn't so cheap. I really kind of hate doing it. Love working on the car, but detailing is boring, to me, and time consuming as hell.

I would, if there was a decent detailer here.
I suck at doing it myself, so...well.

Taking it mudding today so no.

Will you spray it down at the end of the day or will you go a week with dirt caked all over it?

yes i hate the little shits so much. they literally all come and sit on my roof and take shits on the car all day. i have to spray down the car every morning and night

I'll spray it down again sometime Monday since I'm off as well that day.

>TFW I no longer have a garage and would have to run a 200' extension cord just to be able to run my buffer in direct sunlight.

You might be able to find a used inverter generator for cheap. Just make sure it meets or exceeds the wattage of your tool.

>Working in direct sunlight

Why the fuck would you do that

I think he means that's his only option.