The most Veeky Forums game ever created?

Europa Barbarorum II gets my vote.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d13DV0gMDXE&list=RDd13DV0gMDXE#t=54
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That's a mod you drongo

A mod of a game is still a game.

I didn't say it wasn't you drongo

You defenitly implied it.

EB may as well be classified as its own game.

AOE2 any good? I heard it's pretty inaccurate but it still taught me a lot about history in my younger years

What the fuck is with this helmet?

The Total War series does it well enough for me

That's some kind of false Corinthian helm. It's meant to look like a Greek helmet of old, stylistically, but conforms to more contemporary values of armor. There's many depictions of Athena wearing such a helmet.

Europa Barbarorum II is a mod for 'medieval II, Total war'.

Check it out.

THIS is an athenian helmet. The dude in my picture wouldn't be able to even get his helmet on, the neck flaps are already covering and shit.

It is literally just a nose/eye hole on his forehead for no reason.

I downloaded this shit when it was first was released and was incomplete, did they fix everything?

I think the sicilian vespers mod was close to perfect, the only things that could have made it better was to see archers range, and the ability to dismount knights

It's not meant to go over his head. It's meant to look like an old styled full helmet tilted up, as they were worn when not in combat. Here's an example. The larger full helms worn by Greeks had fallen out of use by the Hellenistic era, but there was still a lot of desire to imitate things to some degree from the good old days before Alexander.

King of Dragon pass
Pharaoh Gold
Tomb Raider
Mount & Blade
Red Storm Rising
Darkest Hour
Pirates!

That's an Italo-Corinthian helmet, a very real and well-documented piece of Latin hardware, based stylistically on the Greek Corinthian helmet but functioning more like the newer Greek helmets (a la the cheek-guards).

The newest version 2.2B adds many new units, finishes Carthage almost completely, fleshes out other factions while also offering tweaks and fixes for animations and battle mechanics. Unfortunately it is still somewhat unstable and can crash rather easily. Otherwise, it looks like version 2.2 is moving towards the direction of a finished project.

It has had two major updates since it was first released.

Honestly, it was almost unplayable when it was first released. It got vast improvements since then.

And the team is working on the next release, but these things take time.

>and the ability to dismount knights

Thats a hard-coded impossibility for M2TW mods, unfortunately.

And its a real shame, because I would love to see my Cavalry dismount and fight as infantry during siege battles, instead of staying on their horses the whole time like idiots.

I once heard that Rome Equites fought dismounted all the time.

I know Rome 2 has this, but cavalry always tends to be utter shit at dismounted combat

>I once heard that Rome Equites fought dismounted all the time
I'm sure they engaged in protracted combat on foot, but a large part the equites even fought in battle was to cut down fleeing opponents after the infantry win their engagement. If I remember correctly, the equites were given the order to dismount during Cannae, but this made it easier for the Celtic and Iberian cavalry to cut them down.

The best rts out there in my opinion.

I still play it weekly, its great fun.

All other rts I played where mediocre compared to aoe II.

However as far as historic accuracy goes its not that great.

The campaings can teach you a bit of history but not all of it is accurate.

I highly reccomend playing it, no other game has got me coming back to it like aoeII does.

This, you should play AOE2 because it's a damn fine game.

I've been playing Rule the Waves which is a naval wargame made to represent the naval arms race and naval combat from 1900-1925. Turned based strategic map with really fluid simultaneous turn based combat that gives the impression of being real time, in fact you can run engagements as if it were. Visually very basic but mechanically a joy to play.

Only thing stopping me from recommending it wholesale is the price, unfortunately like many wargames it has a pricing structure that is a relic from the days of limited reach and low sales through mail order catalogues. I feel they are missing out on a much larger potential market by pricing their game at $30.

EB2 is fookin awesome

Bellum Crucis 7 niggas

Huh. you learn something every day I guess.

King of Dragon Pass is way too Veeky Forums for Veeky Forums.

>Europa Barbarorum II

Ah yes, EB I and II, the mod that makes shit up and claims it's all historical, but if you ask for their sources, you'll never find it. They also use endless made up names in butchered ancient languages which there's no possible way to know.

EB has shit historical research for the Seleukids. Fucking idiots fell for the meme that they allowed easterners to be in the phalanx.

TRIARII

Victoria II

You fags should try Pike & Shot, very few games deal with 16th/17th century warfare.
And if someone is playing it, can you tell me how can I modify unit size in a scenario?
Like in that Great Turkish War campaign you have 1000 men cavalry units, but in editor all are 200-400 men.
That makes some scenarios awful because in reality Ottoman and Russian field armies were quite bigger.

EB2 isn't historically accurate.

Only one of the best RTS ever made.
It manages to be rock solid without a whole bunch of gimmicks like a lot of other games.

what's with the hate for that game? it's still more realistic then cuck kings II or Kaiserreich.

EB2 is garbage though, EB beats it by far in all but graphics.

Best menes

Silent Hunter 3

Where my fellow Kaleuns at

>Pharaoh Gold
Oh God that soundtrack... I'm welling up.

>youtube.com/watch?v=d13DV0gMDXE&list=RDd13DV0gMDXE#t=54

>sending US marines to siege a fortress full of samurai, then using fucking ironclad ships with torpedoes against puny wooden ships
It's not very historically accurate, but it was fun as fuck.

t.john

What are some historically accurate action-adventure games? Could be Shooters, Flight sims or what not. I know there will probably never be that many since most Veeky Forums games are usually strategy.

Yeah probably the closest to it. Nothing like playing the Arche Seleukia and trying to put down insurrections across the east with your phalangitai.

Maybe HIP mod for CK2 too.

except the Seleucids are one of the reasons why EB isn't accurate at all

>All historical sources mention that only the land owning Greeks and Macedonians served in the phalanx

HURR EB2 EASTERN PIKEMEN

If we talk mods then there is no better than Roma Surrectum II. Srsly play ir if you can.

Any torrent version?

A mod's a mod, you can't just call it a game.

Yeah, they also have Carthaginian pikemen which never existed.

They also still made Egyptian natives look like Bronze age Egyptians

Modernisation is so OP but so fun

>mowing down Samurai with a collection of riflemen, gatling guns, parrot cannons and revolvers

Attila > Rome II
Shogun 2/RoTS/FoTS with Radious mods > EB

did you just shit yourself?

Attila is awesome, feel like it fizzled out very quickly even though it's arguably the best total war game. I love the time period it covers so I might be biased though

Mount and Blade DLC's

t. liquor pro

Lux Invicta CK2

it's nonsense historically. still unbelievably comfy as a game, even today.

Playing a lot of Atilla lately after realizing its way more fun than Rome 2, gave me an interest I never had in the time period desu. It's cool because it really feels like the point where antiquity became the Middle Ages.

There are a lot of fascinating emerging kingdoms that really paved the way for what we know of the middle ages. It's also really interesting how Rome survived through the church and these tribes/factions/kingdoms that destroyed Rome really just inherited the mantle. Such a fascinating time period without much historical information, you get to almost experience what a true apocalypse would be like.

LA Noire. The inaccuracies are extremely minor.

Is Pride of Nations any good?

Byzantine/Sassanid eras?

Yes around that era, it focuses mostly on migrating tribes, sacking and fall of Rome and the turmoil in the east with the Sassanids. The mechanic they added where you can actually play migrating tribes and settle moving cities is really awesome, you can pretty much form massive hordes with your armies

>Yeah, they also have Carthaginian pikemen which never existed.

EBII is a lot better than EBI in regards to history. There are no Carthaginian pike-men.

>They also still made Egyptian natives look like Bronze age Egyptians

What?

Did they manage to fix the absolute shitshow that were pikes in medieval 2? Also how the fuck did CA manage to ruin pikes so much between rome and medieval 2?

I'm a Persiaboo so I mainly play as the Sassanids and the worst thing is dealing with the Hunnic tribes and Attila's faction. I can always manage to negotiate peace treaties, trade agreements, and defensive alliances with Christian or Pagan factions but jesus fuck do I hate German barbarian factions and Huns.

>wipe out multiple huge stacks of horse steppeniggers
>a dozen others pop up
>while raiding my provinces and causing food shortages and sanitation problems up the ass

Welcome to Late Antiquity with massive migrations taking place all over Europe and the Steppes

Late Antiquity is terribly underrated as a time period.

This is fucking great.

Series that got me most interested in history, picked up EU3 in middle school when my parochial school had taught me nothing post-medieval and pre-ww2 except American History. Gameplay itself often winds up with massive historical inaccuracies of course, but detailed national ideas, events, disasters etc birthed a deep interest in european history that school never gave me.

FUCK HUNS

I had no idea they'd actually completed it. Maybe I should wait for EB3 for Rome 2

EB2 removed the secondary weapons from pike units. The hardcoded problem with M2TW was that the pikemen would switch to their swords way too quickly. So without their 2nd weapon, they can't switch at all!

It wasn't a perfect solution, because now it looks really stupid when on the walls. But they work as pike-men at least.

Basically, mods can't do anything about stupid hardcoded limits, and mods have to work around that.

Not that I've seen, sorry.

It's not done yet.

im sold. is this on steam?

Yes.

There is never going to be an EB3.

No TW game after medieval is mod-able to the same degree that Rome and Medieval 2 is.

No game has more accurately portrayed the Eternal Anglo.

Ancient empires fucking when?

And the gameplay + replay value is absolutely fuck-all

I would have just started using cheats.

...Dont judge me...if they didn't want me to cheat they should have solved problems like that one during testing and modified the ai to better respond to requests from their player allies.

I have similar beefs with m&b.

Didn't they make a fucking ww1 mod for empire?

I think it even had tanks.

It was for Napoleon, and it's a'ight

Isn't napoleon just an expansion?

No, it's really not. It's just Europe, basically, but more provinces and shit.

>I have similar beefs with m&b.
If you turn the strategic difficulty up it purposefully makes all your allies retards

you need both of the dlc's though or the game is awful

yeah, it was barely playable for me, constant crashing.

It's a standalone game with no improvements carried back to Empire.

>radious
ELITE ARMOURED SHARP SPEARS VISIGOTHIC REINFORCEMENTS (Light Cavalry)

whats this game?

I am fairly certain everything I did in Mass Effect 1-3 will come to pass. Of course, you'll all be long dead before you can confirm any of that! Ahahaha!

Obviously so will I, so I can't be too smug... yet.

>radious

MOUNTED HEAVY SKIRMISH SCOUT ASSAULT ZWIEHANDER NINJA RIFLEMEN (grenade launchers)

Reddit: the post

Alright, fine, you miserable cunt.

Theatre of War. Watching tanks explode because a Soviet AT gun 2.5km away in a bush survived your 140 shell bombardment, and knowing there's no way the crew who've been with you since the first push into France have survived, is dreadfully realistic.

It was also kind of a shit game and hasn't run on either Windows 8 or 10.