/hbg/ - Homebricks General

Previous thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade - Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Freaky/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other Consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-SmileBASIC primary exploit out now: mrnbayoh.github.io/basicsploit/
-11.0 is still the latest version. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. DON'T UPDATE IF YOU DON'T HAVE A CFW.
-11.0 userland homebrew is now available via Freakyhax, OOT3D and PSMD, but don't expect CFW or downgrading without a hardmod anytime soon
-DS emulator in the works: gbatemp.net/threads/430223/
-New version of Decrypt9 out with full, untrimmed cartridge dumper: github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases/tag/20160626

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Developer tools for 3DS and Wii U are easily available now:developer.nintendo.com/register

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!kFZwRKQI!OrcgaWZA9h3tIzXnY8X43FWxnbR6NjIP_lJr-g4yzsM
3ds.titlekeys.com/
github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/download/v5.5/Luma3DSv5.5.7z
sites.google.com/site/completesg/
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

On A9LH on a N3DS, trying to get into the HBC through the icon on the home menu, then opening Decrypt9WIP and it keeps dropping back to the HBC.

I don't remember doing anything to fuck it up, please help

>I can't read

Already figured it out, but why are you being a dick?

Welcome to Veeky Forums my friend, enjoy your stay!

Thanks, that was literally my first thread. Also, what's a sage? And why do so many people have wives with sons who aren't theirs?

Do you mind sharing how you accessed Decrypt9WIP? I have the same exact issue, it just drops back to HBC.

I explained my method the other thread m8, I think you were the guy with uncart who couldn't get my method working.

But all I did was hold down x at boot (there's a step near the end of the Guide where you add some payloads and they get attached to certain buttons like x and y).

Not that user, but I don't think it's possible to access Decrypt9 on a sysnand higher than 9.2.
With a9lh, you have to run it as an a9lh payload at startup.

Are any of you familiar with ESR and FreeMcBoot?

I have a Slim model (model 77004), and when I put a disk (with already patched ISO), the system will be left in just a black screen, not even the colours show up. What should I do?

>Are any of you familiar with ESR and FreeMcBoot?
It's been a while since I softmodded my ps2. The problem you're having sounds like a messed up freemcboot card, try putting the apps like ESR on a USB and boot it from there, have as few apps on the mem card as poss.

>install a9lh and Luma
>system looks exactly like a legit one
>boots slightly faster
>Luma menu is assigned to Select
>Emunand setups are assigned to Y
>I can play pratically everything N3DS, 3DS, DS (thanks to R4i3DS), and emulate gen 4 and older
>now user teaches me that Decrypt9WIP is now assigned to X on boot

what the fuck, 3DS hacking scene are fucking wizards

>I think you were the guy with uncart who couldn't get my method working.

Nope, I just got on Veeky Forums looking for help with this specific problem. Thanks a lot. (though I had already managed to use Freeshop without Decrypt9WIP, I might need in the future and stuff)

Yeah, I read that, but I had no idea what I should have done to access it.

Since I'm here on /hbg/, might aswell ask: does CHMM2 not support custom sounds for moving your cursor? Like, you can only use custom images for the top and bottom screen, and a custom song? I wanted to make a MGS1 theme, but I really wanted it to have the menu beeps from the title screen.

It _should_ be able to do that.
You'd have to set it up in the theme maker.

niiice, I'll fiddle with it once I get home tonight, probably

I assume I can also make custom borders for the icons, I'll try to mess with that too

if successful, I'll post results here on /hbg/

Can you download and apply updates to Wii U games?
I'm trying to find pokken 1.3 update but so far it has been no go... though I see people saying updating is as simple as drag n drop if you have the files.

You can literally just overwrite the files used by Loadiine (drag & drop). You can also make an updates/1.3/ folder inside the main game folder and put the files there, then select to turn update support on in Loadiine.

Use JNUSTool or UWizard to get the actual update files.

>Heavy Gear
The first pc game I ever got. I loved that shit.

How do I install this?: mega.nz/#!kFZwRKQI!OrcgaWZA9h3tIzXnY8X43FWxnbR6NjIP_lJr-g4yzsM
FBI doesn't seem to be working. Rather, it shows as being installed in system settings but there's no icon.

Oh jeez I'm retarded thanks. Does this work for getting DLC too?

>Literally no new hacks for wii u

Why bother

Nope. DLC support currently requires you to actually own the DLC, install the DLC (needs to be done via home menu so you need to own the actual game) in addition to needing ddd to dump the DLC. It's a combination of moralfaggotry and not fully intercepted/reverse-engineered calls.

Not an expert here but that seems like a region problem. What cfw are you using?

Asking again: So I'm still using emunand because I'm lazy.

I've had a issue since pirating fantasy life and that's the fact I can't get the installation for the game's DLC to work properly via cia.

Other people had this problem, was it ever fixed? Was the cia to blame? How did people get it to install via cia? Anyone?

I'm using Cakes, and the last time I tried to install the DLC for Fantasy Life it was US.

I don't know what the issue is, anyone who had the DLC install work, could they pass me the .cia they used?

Cakes. If that's the case, I'll look into changing my region. Thanks.

For DLC to work out of the box, you need to be using both a game and DLC from your console's region. Otherwise you need to use language emulation via Luma or NTR. I think Fantasy Life also needs the update to be installed, the DLC is only a 100KB unlock DLC.

Switch to luma or run NTR and see if the game shows up.
Actually just switch

So i just finished the arm9loader guide with the luma stuff.
Is freeshop or FBI better to get games online? Or is it just a matter of preference?

Guys, on a 10.7 system I can't just use browserhax right? my entrypoint would have to be a game. I do have oot3d and an o3ds with luma so I'd have to use oothax, but honestly the link on pailect's guide led me to another github and I'm kinda lost, honestly. Is there a guide for oothax or maybe someone could explain it to me?

fbi can't get games online

my preferred way is to download the games with Funkeycia and then copy them onto the microsd from the computer because it's way way faster and because using the 3ds wifi to download huge amounts of vidya will just end up burning it out one day.

The other option is to do just that i.e. use wifi with the CIAngel app.

Running NTR did the trick. Thanks.

ok thanks bro.
guess i will just keep getting shit from 3dsiso. not like i want to get any games now anyways

Please help

Yes I recommend you stop playing games. The 3DS was only ever intended to collect dust really.

I have mon hun to play and the shitty weeb games like stella glow and bravely second. theres just nothing else to download.

Is there a way to set up a partition on a hard drive so the Wii U only uses that one, or does it demand you dedicate the whole thing to it?
Also, how do I reformat a Wii U hard drive since the PC doesn't recognise it?

I want to get a DS flashcart that works with Luma 3DS. People have said DSTT, is that still the go-to? Does it require a9lh?

Supercard DSTWO works with anything.

I'm using this one, it came with my N3DS as a 'gift', and it just werks. Can't say I did research or anything though.

Also wouldn't pratically any flashcart work with a9lh+Luma?

been months since I last touched my 3ds, it is on 10.5 with rxTools, safe to update?

That flashcart looks really nice.

Yes it is, for now.

>a9lh+Luma
I don't have a9lh, which is why I'm asking.

Luma is the part that matters.

oh, sorry, I don't know then

I'm not a big fan of pink, but I'm a big fan of being able to play DS games

Also the DStwo's 'external' chip tends to sort of fall off from my experience, and then it gets annoying to boot up. (happened in 2 of my DStwos already, back when I played on my DSi XL)

Does anyone have inazuma eleven go shadow undub?

So I bought a 3DS but it won't come with a SD card. I have some microSD and SD adapters, is using them enough or do I need an actual SDHC?

That works.

I think that'll work, but I really don't think it's a good idea to use a micro SD on adapters long term.

It should totally work if you try it out though.

Anyone? I know this is probably a stupid question, but I'm not very bright. It was a miracle I got luma working on the other 3ds

Just click on the Releases tab and download the zip from the latest release.

Put the OoT cart in the hacked 3DS. Launch the Homebrew Loader and run the OoTHax installer to install 10.7 payloads. Put OoT cart in the unhacked 3DS with downgrade files on the SD card.

Oh, alright. Thank you guys

Retard trying to get freeshop here.
The instructions seem simple enough, but I can't find the .cia that I'm supposed to be installing nor the encTitleKeys.bin. Can someone help?

Ok, i am following the Downgrade + e9lh guide.
I am at part 4 - section II, step 4, and i can't find the input folder.
Plz halp

Would upgrading my SD card for my 3DS be as simple as copying the files over? I already have everything set up.

if you have a9lh yes

3ds.titlekeys.com/

github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases

You have to copy the emunand/rednand hidden partition if you use them

Thanks man.

if you have a9lh+Luma just copy everything and paste on the new one

also keep a copy on your PC for safety

if you don't have a9lh+Luma, you'll have to do some research afaik, IF it's even possible

Can someone help me out? I'm following the Plailect guide, I've finished part 3 and started doing part 4 but now I can't boot into RedNAND (I just get stuck on a loading screen saying it's loading the HOME menu but the bar never fills), booting into SysNAND is fine though.

>20. Press Y to format your SysNAND (Don't worry, everything is still saved on RedNAND)
>mfw

you should have a backup at that point just in case :^)

We don't have to use emunand anymore? I'm out of the loop here.
What's the next big thing?

a9lh

We gain code execution before any of Nintendo's updatable code executes.

We won.

Great, I'll be back to use the tutorials here when it arrives
I see but why that though?

/hbg/-chan, daisuki~

That sounds fantastic, is there an upgrade process?
Is it easy?

>That sounds fantastic, is there a reading the OP process?
>Is it easy?

You need to downgrade to 2.1 so you can get the console-specific OTP.

Section 4 covers the downgrade to 2.1 and OTP dumping then section 5 covers a9lh installation.

rule of thumb with electronics, don't use adapters, extensions, etc whenever possible

for example, if possible, use a modem-router instead of a modem and a router

not that guy, but if you have emunand, follow the guide from Step 4 onwards

I had Reinand, and that's where I started from, worked out perfectly

Follow this to have Luma (the current best CFW) as the CFW from your emunand, then follow Plailect's guide from part 4.

github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/download/v5.5/Luma3DSv5.5.7z

Is there a guide to fully setting up a wii? I'm thinking of selling all my everdrives and just keeping the wii for my emulation needs. I rarely get to play anymore and now it's just gathering dust.

I did my emuNAND creation through some massive trial and error got RXtools working.
What are the benefits to this new method?

sites.google.com/site/completesg/

Don't. The everdrives are way better than what the Wii is able to since it's running 100% natively.

I think at this point you should only really keep a N64 Everdrive

How's it going /hbg/, I have been tinkering with my friend's New3DS for days now. We got emunand CFW set up after going through a few problems, FBI set up, and we were just about to play the new Monster Hunter together. For some reason though, the game wont boot on his, even after installing it properly. I tried the cia on my 3DS and it works just fine, even after installing them side by side.

I'm at a loss, I have no idea what's wrong. Anyone got any ideas?

You forgot to Install Cakes :^)

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax)

Just finished going through this entire guide, but I've still got a couple questions.

Is LumaUpdater for updating your system's firmware?

Can you play online on games without getting banned? 6 months ago, I heard this was a thing.

After installing a game by using a CIA, do you have to update the game using cia update files, or can you just update them normally?

Are you using CTRbootmanager? If so, don't, use the boot.3dsx provided in the pack.

Also, if you're using emunand, make sure there's no arm9loaderhax.bin on the sd.

LumaUpdater is for updating your CFW, not your system firmware.

Yes you can.

Update them normally.

>use the boot.3dsx provided in the pack
Which pack? The starter pack?

Thanks, for system updates, should I be leaving them alone, or is it safe to just normally update my N3DS?

The Luma pack.

Where do you anons usually get your Wii backups from?

If you mean the games I used to just torrent the .iso's from the pirate bay.

Or from an old emulation forum I used to go. It's dead now, Jim

Thanks for the help, but it didn't fix the problem.

To clarify, the game itself is stuck on the "Nintendo 3DS" splash screen, pic related, that loads before booting the game. The other 3DS (Old) doesn't get stuck there and quickly passes from that screen to the game.

>tfw all I've been doing is messing with themes and boot animation ever since I installed a9lh
>haven't played monster hunter generations yet
welp, kill me

Hello /hbg/, thanks for your support and answers during this whole process, you're based.

Right now i've completed part 3 of the plailect guide, and I'm reading part 4.

How common is that you get stuck with a non-functional browser? I'm legit scared.

I can be a pleb forever and just launch Luma from the menuhax everytime right?

Oh, you should've said it was that. I'm not sure what's the best way to fix that, but the easiest should be going to eShop and Repairing it.

When the hell is some nerd gonna put the 3ds hacking method into a single big auto-run script that you can press A once and walk away?

because it doesn't work like that

Any European games that still need to be dumped?
I'm going to get a 25€ eShop card tomorrow for Journey to Kriseia because some user asked about it the other day. And I'd still have about 16€ left and don't know what to get for the rest of the money.

Can i run wii games through wiiu loadiine?

Whats the basic situation for wii games on wiiu? Can i only play stuff thats on the vWii eshop or what?

use vWii hax

works just like a modded wii

Wow that was so crazy that it worked. Thanks.

Tried downgrading with DSiWare today, but for some reason nothing transfered at all. Any ideas?

Where can I download .cias that isn't a forum or freeshop (slow as fuck)?

did you pirate it?

Does Luma/A9Lhax override the sd card max size limit or is that a hardware problem? Not that user but still want to know