Typical engine owner types

>i4
16-40+ men
>i6 / v6
Grandmas and soccer moms
>v8
Grandpas and fat rednecks

Only cool people drive 4 bangers. Any 6 engine is owned by women, and v8 are for old ass men and hicks.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ygyk_eCMGzU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_A57_multibank
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i drive a 4 banger and i'm not cool

Australian shitposters are on fire tonight

>one thread says v8's are superior
>this says 4 cylinder cars are for cool people

This is why people who are getting into cars should stay off of this board.

>i6
>grandmas
Really, you see a lot of older women driving 335is?

What about V10, V12, W16, etc.?

I am a fat redneck

i'd rather have 1 giant cylinder than 6 tiny ones

Where does H4 and H6 fall?

youtube.com/watch?v=Ygyk_eCMGzU

>v8
>bad
Doesn't have to rev to 9k rpm to make peak horse power which on average is about 160hp
KEK!

If Subaru, raging homosexual.
If VW, moustachioed hipster.
If Porsche, gentleman racer.
If Lycoming, nigga you got a plane.

>I4
Soccer moms and normies. Pretty much all base model cars/CUVs/SUVs are 4 bangers these days.

Implying being any of these is a bad thing, Fuck I wish I had a mustachio!

>V10
Borderline-to-entry level exotic.

>V12
Legit exotic or super luxury

>W16
Bugatti

No love for flat4 boiracers?

k

I just traded my V8 for a fourbanger.
8mpg vs 27mpg, the choice was easy, even though my new car is a money pit :^(

I own an I3 and a rotary. Where's that put me?

95% of us ausfags are bogans drooling over any v8 we can find. Don't be blaming us for this shitposting

women want that v8 ls1/small block chevy
I dont understand it.
I am buying one just to mod it. for some reason my 2L shitbox doesnt get them wet.

her tits are literally her only redeeming quality.

>i6
>grandmas and soccer moms

So basically 4 banger = poorfag car normie

Its true

t. Honda "enthusiast"

so am i, apparently

Only people who actually care about cars own straight sixes, because disposable cars haven't been built with straight sixes in several decades now.

There is literally no advantage to having an inline 6 to having a V6

literally no advantage to owning a vehicle vs taking the bus

Like fuck.
Ford Aus too has been pretty good at churning out disposable large sedans that still use an archaic six cylinder engine up until now.

Its ok user. Not everybody can come up with counter arguments when someone points out your bullshit.

Better torque, inherent balance for lower weight.

>Better torque
[citation needed]
>inherent balance
redundant these days
>lower weight
[citation needed]

considering most buses implement v configurations because torque, i'd say it's quite relevant

>better torque
From where does that comes from
>inherent balance
The one found in most V-type engines?
>lower weight
Literally the opposite, the V config makes engine take less space and be lighter.

Oh, and Since V engines have a smaller crankshaft than inlines, they are usually able to run on higher RPM, and since the camshafts are also smaller, not only they can run at higher RPM but also they can transfer movement from one end to the other quicker.

No shit almost no modern sport/race car uses inlines anymore. If V4 could be any more reliable they sure as fucking hell would replace the inline 4.

Balance isn't redundant at all. The only reason the V6 can retain its is because of heavy balance shafts.

>most buses implement v configurations
Are you being paid to act stupid on the internet?

And yet they're still an alround lighter package that's more compact leading itself to a more favourable moment of inertia.
>inb4 S54 shortblock weight vs. fully dressed c32a

what about Diesel i5s?

As if, there's a reason Benz is reintroducing the i6 this year.

Is it safe to say I6 is reserved for german master race engineers and jap turbo destroyer of worlds enginemaking

Of course there is. They are cucks.

>WE NEED SOMETHING SMALLER THAN A V8 BUT WE DONT WANT TO MAKE MORE i-4 CARS!
>- HOW ABOUT WE USE V6?
> FUCK YOU THAT'S NOT TRADITIONAL NOR EUROPEAN ENOUGH WE ARE USING THE SAME ENGINE TYPE THAT WE USED 40 YEARS AGO!

>turbo destroyers
Anything with a turbo is fucking quick.

3.0 Supra engine i think made 220 hp N/A.

NSX made almost 270 HP N/a and that i think was a 2.9 V6

If a V6 and Inline 6 have similar displacement and almost identical things like compression, ignition timing, etc. Its no surprise that the V6 ends up with better power

Huh what? Are you dumb or something? Since the end of the 90's Benz has been making bucketfuls of V6 and V8 engines. Hell, even gone all the way up to V12. It seems all the balance shafts are getting on their nerves though.

This V6 fanboy is going all out, isn't he?

Well balance shafts aren't reliable and they steal power so

The reason they're returning to the I6 is economy though because it can share the majority of its parts with an I4, unlike a V6, making it cheaper to manufacture.

I still haven't heard a reason why inline 6 are better, but that's ok, user, i dont need you to use your brain anyways

When you're talking about a company that's happily hamstrung itself with 90 degree V6s for the last two decades, I don't think it counts.
>there's a reason Benz is reintroducing the i6 this year.
Perhaps you would care to cite it?
>inb4 Mercedes marketing spiel

you dont know shit about engines, get fucked

this man is right

>short
they are short, thats the only reason why they are built. V6 suck.

fuck yeah BENZ

no its not, the 4.0L i6 that was built into many many jeeps was a glorious engine, pic very related

>c u c k s
lol, thats just classic for someone who doesnt know what to say anymore. get fucked and take your shitty V6 with you, V6's are a compromise made because REAL engines dont fit in small cars.

Nice projecting

V6 are superior to Inline sixes
Formula 1 lol

Straight six inherently balanced in primary and secondary, simple design, shares parts with i4, lighter, better fuel economy and less complicated than V6 because no spinning balance shafts etc. you know all of these reasons already, you're just low effort trolling on a caucasion yak milk distillery plank

WOW user THOSE ARGUMENTS SURE PROVED ME WRONG. NOW I AM CONVINCED THE INLINE 6 ITS A BETTER ENGINE WITH YOUR LOGICAL ARGUMENTS

>Straight six inherently balanced in primary and secondary
Only true fact.
>simple design
But that's not an advantage.
>shares parts with i4
Not a giantic advantage
>lighter
Not true.
>better fuel economy
What in the fuck.......
> less complicated than V6 because no spinning balance shafts
But inlines also have balance shafts

if you knew anything about engins you would know that v6 engines are only being produced to fit into smaller cars. you need a heavy as shit balance shaft, and they respond way slower because of bigger moving masses. v6 is and always was a compromise, fucking deal with it, and if you dont believe me, grad a book and learn how an engine works.

Not inline sixes. Inline fours and threes (or fives if you're swedish) because they don't have balance. Six cylinder is the self balancing sweetspot for fourstrokes. If it was a twostroke it'd be three cylinder inline.

I am a fucking mechanic, but its ok, i am sure you can convince everyone in japan that you are right and that an engine type that hasn't been made for years is still better.

k. But i still dont see it as a big disadvantage, unless i am missing something about the balance shafts?

>im a fucking mechanic
and i graduated in mechanical engineering and work in engine developement. you people are mostly talentless hacks, i know enough mechanics.

>you dont know shit about engines, get fucked
As the person who offers no substance in any of the 6 replies posted in your post, keep calling that kettle black.
>shares parts
Shares manufacturing tooling*, same way Mercedes was using a 90 degree V6 for so long, same production tooling as the V8.
Other than that, your other claims are simply redundant buzzwords and fallacies as mentioned before, with no real advantage.

When has l6 ever been used in mid engine applications? Enjoy your long heavy l6 boat anchor that hangs over the front axle.

Doesn't looks like

Not the same guy but I'll be sure to stick a used condom over your valve retainer when you come in for service

i have my car fixed by a coworker who has a hobby shop, i wouldnt let you butchers touch it.

but thanks for confirming mechanics are retarded manchildren with no respect for cars.

Wow dude you sure are mad right now.

Basically the balance shafts are fuck heavy and add spinning weight to the engine because they HAVE to or it'd shake itself apart in short order because certain forces that the badly sequenced detonations generate. It's too complicated to put into text when there's a billion YT videos on the topic, so maybe have a look-see some time.

Maybe think of this, most engines used in cars until a good bit after the second world war were inline sixes. Even during the war, the big engines were V12, which is two i6 joined at the crank, and the smaller ones were inline sixes. Why? Because all the balancing flubdubbery wasn't even invented yet. Anything built without balance shafts ended up rattling itself to death much faster than the already well established i6es.

>Borderline exotic

BMW M1.

I treat everyone's car with respect, even Volkswagens. Just don't expect for nothing to break on it 2 months later. Oh I might shit in the cabin filter so you get that musky nutty smell

>I treat everyone's car with respect
>I might shit in the cabin filter

lol mechanics

Hell, look at this fucking thing bet you never seen anyhing like it
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_A57_multibank
>five Chrysler 250.6 cu in (4.1 L) (bore 3.4375 in or 87 mm, stroke 4.5 in or 114 mm)[1] L-head inline six cylinder engines were arranged around a central shaft, producing a unique 30-cylinder 21-litre (1,253 cu in)[1] engine in a relatively compact but heavy package.
This is essentially the precursor to W-engines, except kludged together from spare parts. And all the spare parts were i6es. This was the main powerplant for the Sherman tank mass production.

So its basically something alike the need for a heavy flywheel. And what makes you think that balance shafts didn't got evolved and light enough for people to start using V6 instead?

Because the fucking definition of balance shaft is that it needs to be heavy. If you make it light it doesn't work anymore.

ok. But how does that proves anything about the i6?

The best engine is an i3. Twostroke. Lightest of all, perfectly balanced, unlimited power, no wasted movements, no balance shafts, super compact. The only challenge is emissions testing, and if you turbo and direct inject it and give it sump greasing like any other engine that ain't an issue anymore either.

Newsflash: Honda registered a patent for a new kind of DI twostroke last year. I am awaited.

i really really like i6 engines

My previous car was a V6, and I much preferred it to the i4 that's in my car now. Grandmas and soccer moms know.

I6 engines are trash
Muh 2jz muh rb26, heavy iron boat anchors.. very great.. not
Muh unkillable 100hp jeep 4.0s. .. dog shit
Muh bmw heritage, just roflmao
Only good l6 is the ford Barra, and it's only good for making properly big numbers (not just a peak figure like jz/rb dyno queen shit) with little effort

Vr38dett kicks the shit out of any l6

you having a stroke, gramps?

No. He is just using his brain. You could try that too

I drive a fast 4 cylinder car and I'm not cool.

>completely forgetting about commercial diesels
They're almost exclusively I6.

On a motorcycle and in a Mazda

And yet, ironically one of the smoothest highway trucks that can still be bought today uses a V6.

of course, look at how fucking short euro trucks have to be you degenerate faggot

Not that it has anything to do with anything, but;
>Euro cabovers can't fit big engines
You couldn't be any more incorrect.

are you fucking blind, nigga. of course they use a compact V6 instead of a long and thinner i6 in a eurotruck. its a pure size thing, nothing else.

I have an i5

>fuckin' fags lol

i also have an i5
what i5 do you have?

I don't own a motorcycle.

no match for my OM602

Three cylinder Corsa? Go die lol

Nope.

Again, well done ignoring "one of the smoothest highway trucks that can still be bought today uses a V6", and then going off on a completely different tangent, and still be incorrect.

>comparing a twin turbo v6 used in a Nissan GT-R to an engine used in a Bavarian sedan

Kill yourself

>implying she would even look twice at your faggot ass

I would rather she didn't.