youtube.com/watch?v=CPNLDCd9da8&index=88&list=UUHThQZk7L07wRmqyH9WT75g

>Honda 3.0L V12
youtube.com/watch?v=WNjNvywa5S4&list=UUHThQZk7L07wRmqyH9WT75g&index=124

>annoying rattle
youtu.be/HoX79pyvOm0

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

auto.com/cars/honda-accord-lx-2003-1hgcm55313a105390
north2newman.com/VehicleDetails/used-2003-Honda-Accord_Sedan-LX-Cedarburg-WI/2716696643
diigo.com/08j1az
m.iihs.org/mobile/ratings/mobileratings/honda
sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/5539667573.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for Accords

Boy I hope that noise goes away with the new Koni shock. It'll be here next week.

Will you be shocked if the noise is still there?

Carlos pls

Won't really be surprised though. It makes noise during suspension travel and while turning left and right with the wheel straight. Goes away after a half turn either way. The shock has nothing to do with turning so maybe it's both the shock and the lower ball joint?

3 hours down, ??? To go

Any complications? The only reason I changed my clutch was because the pilot bearing exploded. The noises it made were awful.

>
Whats the noise, test drove a civic with fucked LCA balljoints that made a click sound when turning

Axle won't come out of the gearbox so I've just left it hanging, just having a quick beer break

Tons of squeaking and it goes away when I turn enough. Squeaks more when driving on bumpy roads. I noticed that when I let the car park overnight then drive it the next day it's not as bad then it comes back full force.

Even with a pry bar? That usually gets it for me.

only have room for a small one, and its just not got the leverage. Actually just took a pretty long beer/dinner/pool break and now am finally taking the gearbox out

Calling it a night

>tfw I have the same problem after putting in new coilovers

That sounds like a fucked cv axle

Good luck finishing m8

>accord edition

Well I guess its time to finally get my accord into the college, will post pics later today

Also any advice on clear coat failure? Most of the paint still looks nice, but is chipping away to bare metal at some spots. Would it be worth trying to sand it down and repaint the bare spots? I'm afraid it won't blend in well or it will start chipping away in new spots. Honda really dropped the ball on their paint

>giving up

Is it peeling or fading? If fading just clean, sand it with fine grit and spray clear coat.

Looking at a 2003 Honda Accord LX. Manual trans, 112k miles, I4 engine, for 6k.

Interior looks fairly clean and the exterior is spotless, I don't have pics of the undercarriage though.

Yea or nay for consideration?

Yiss

VIN check says there was one collision. The car looks pretty nice though.

Link

auto.com/cars/honda-accord-lx-2003-1hgcm55313a105390

Dealer link

north2newman.com/VehicleDetails/used-2003-Honda-Accord_Sedan-LX-Cedarburg-WI/2716696643

VIN check

diigo.com/08j1az

It looks like a great deal but I can't help but feel there's something I'm overlooking

Well I found a s2000 in decent shape for 9 grand with 150kkm on it, think it's going down boys

Its not faded at all, its just peeling right off

That's the same car I have, mines an autotragic unfortunately. Solid DD, K24 engine, double wishbone, not overly pigfat for what it is. Its not that great of a deal that though, I got mine for 4.5k with 108k miles on it

Hell yeah. Hope it goes down well.

>parents don't want me to buy a Honda because a family friend died in a Honda crash
If we knew everyone in America you wouldn't want me to buy any car then, would you

How can I convince them a Honda isn't a deathtrap? No I'm not underage but they are being worrywarts about it and I don't want to hear how I'm going to die every time I drive to see them.

m.iihs.org/mobile/ratings/mobileratings/honda

Lots of top safety pick winners.

Wow, this is exactly what I needed. Thanks a ton man.

Anytime bro.

it was 11pm mate still got all day to work on it today

> ordered the new Koni shock last night
> tire rack charges sales tax

Amazon wins again.

sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/5539667573.html

Thoughts?

joke is, he's selling it because there isn't any driveway space. Serious question, what's the most retarded reason that anyone here can vouch for someone selling a car that wasn't stolen? I need to know. like
>The reason why I'm selling this car is because it's red and I wanted a blue one

>runs perfectly except won't start because it's missing a fuse, don't have the time and money to replace the fuse, my loss is your gain

When does the Honda OP pic shit end? How long do I have to submit my car? The paints fucked, and I want to paint it before it goes up.

No deadlines for it. All good.

my ex has that same noise. seems to get worse when it revs. Should I check the exhaust to see if anything is rattling? I'm hoping it's not an engine issue.

Trying to replace the axle?

Anyway, it helps if you shock the axle by pushing it in to get the most room to quickly pull it out. A pry bar might work, but I usually just pull it hard a few times and it'll come out. Don't be afraid to use a bit of force.

He's swapping his clutch.

Won't hurt to check

It's a never ending, dynamic project of the /hg/ m8. You can upload a pic now and just update it later.

I have a similar problem and I've decided to replace the LCA bushings. I'll do it on Monday and report back with results.

My logic is that after lowering the car the oem compliance bushing is moving outside of its typical range of motion. and at 150k that was probably enough to provoke some of the noises you get with bad bushings. I really don't know shit about suspension, so I'm basically talking out of my ass, by the way. Really hoping that's it though because I'm sick of hearing the popping and clunking.

New clutch and flywheel are installed, just sitting down watching the motogp. All I got to do is put the wheels back on and drive home. The old clutch was worn out to the rivets and the new flywheel is half the weight of the old one so it's definitely been worthwhile

/ag/

Nice job, did you get a headache from it? When I did mine I had the worst headache for like two days. I htink it was from inhaling all the dust from the old clutch and all the brake cleaner I used. getting a headache just thinking about that smell

/ag/

Massive headache, luckily I'm to broke to do any big jobs on it anytime soon

>those wheels
Gross

When are you going to get good wheels like the one on the left? Middle is good but not as good and the right one is okay, still better than yours.

The middle is from an STI.

Didn't even recognize it lol

check your front LCA body mount compliance bushings.

I'll check everything over when I get the new brake pads and shock in the mail. It's fairly quiet when driving it after it has been sitting overnight but it'll come back after so many miles of driving and turning.

Also I think I noticed that a previous owner installed poly bushings in the front.

would removing the backseats in an 06 EX coupe due anything to performance/MPGs?

considering for the benefit of more cargo space

Probably wouldn't notice anything. They're probably not much heavier than the back seats in my 94 hatch and those are light as fuck.

Don't buy a turdgen is all I can say.
I'll die from decapitation by steering wheel someday.

What model is that? I wanna say CB500?

I need one.

It's a 175 lol, it's pretty damn slow but a real good looking bike. My brother has a 550 that was pretty much perfect IMO fun as hell to ride

Wait wait, CB350.
damn. Thats tiny.
I just want one for the seat (What is the term for that style seat anyways? I've always said banana/bench) and to cruise around town.

>get in a crash
>air bag inflate mechanism blows up and sends metal through your head
they're right

What a stupid excuse, just get one without an airbag

I just looked it up - EX gets 60/40 split fold back seat anyway, so not much more space you can gain by removing the rear bench. A Fit or Accord would probably grant more interior storage without sacrificing manual transmission control.

Can I get my 03 s2k added to the OP yet?

I would fucking kill a man for a 250 Africa twin.

Proof pic first

I'll have to do that tomorrow. Too drunk tonight.

Is that yours m8?

we need to like race or something

> New Orleans junkyard got an EG hatch less than a week ago

O shit I need to go check this out. I bet it's stripped.

Aren't you the guy with the s2k and lives the same city as the other guy with the sex2gay?

>finding out about it less than a week after
>not hours
There goes all the parts breh

For real. I don't need much mostly just curious about it.

>tfw people won't junk their EG civics because they can make more money parting out

Hi guys. I dont think anyone remembers me and this two wheeled rust bucket

It's sad that my CB350 can hold more motor oil than my CRV

nope it's my friends bike (cb175), my brother has a cb550 as well

lmao, did ya see that the meat n great got moved to the 7th my dude, also in a parking garage in downtown dm now instead of at saylorville

Fuck, I would have been confused as hell this weekend, neat. What parking garage?

830 6th Ave, Des Moines, IA 50309 is what is on the facebook page, looks like a pretty nice spot desu

>always come up with shit to do on my days off
>days off finally come
>forget what I wanted to do

Every Fucking time. I guess I'll try to wire my alarm back up.

this pic is from on top of said garage

I remember you user :3

What's going on in this image?

I've finally been able to work on it, it's been 4 months and now I have a place to do it at. I have a lot more picture of me taking it apart but this is where I'm at now. Also I've fully become a greaser now.

So it runs now?

Nope not yet. The Carburetors are clean inside though suprisingly

Everything I've pulled off of it so far. I'm going to buy clip on handlebars and I need to buy all new lines, a headlight, a kickstarter, handlebar levers, an ignition switch, have the seat redone or get a cafe racer seat, rear lights, and probably more. Still, not bad for only 300 dollars.

Damn, I pass this one all the time. Sweet

Deepart, takes an image and a style and combines the two. I need to redo that one

I'm trying it now, too.
thanks B21A1, hope that shit works out nice

Just got the axle off the back wheel with a lot of persuasion by a hammer

Hammers do wonders.

Alarm is back in action.

>note to self, turn the key to on before reattaching negative battery terminal

Alarm scared the shit out of me.

Kek

I keep thinking of buying those floor mats at AutoZone but my inner Jew says no. Current ones are thick as fuck but they hold dirt well.

I should get OEM Honda keys someday too.

Are you 2 finally going to meet and make out?
>implying /hg/ doesn't stand for handsome gays

Got the shocks off, what's next?

Are you middle eastern and or black with a silver AP1?