What are the most famous quotes that never happened?

What are the most famous quotes that never happened?

Pic related.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princess_Marie_Louise_of_Savoy#Death
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Yes LBJ may have been a Texan in the 60s who named his dick "Jumbo" but he would NEVER make disparaging comments about African-Americans or use the N-word!

lel

Not an argument

Cite your sources then, kiddo.

I've never seen these quotes attributed to anything other than the shitty facebook groups they originated from.

Weird coincidence. Just a day ago, I went to AZ quote to look for Augustus quotes. The first quote it shows is pic related, and I questioned why a Roman was talking about factories.

Keep in mind I haven't studied Rome that much, so if they have some kind of word in Latin that's similar in meaning to "factory," feel free to correct me.

So I search it up and apparently it's from a John Green book.

Huh.

Et tu brute?

Anything attributed to Diogenes, because he didn't exist and was invented by later writers to serve as a foil to Plato and Socrates.

But he did say the 2nd one

>"niggers, why don't you realize that libcucks want to keep you on the welfare plantations? can't you just accept that you're biologically inferior and vote for le based donald?"

Cool, so it should be pretty easy to cite a valid source for that quote, right?

Well, according to Snopes he definitely said the first one. The second one is questionable, and the only source for it is a former Air Force One steward, but it's something he would have said considering his other statements.

>let us write a foil to plato and socrates
>and make him a public masturbator

Makes sense if you think about it, 2bh. It's a pretty materialist and irreverent thing to do.

"Let them eat cake"

poor Antonia, everyone just hated her because she was a Hapsburg

She seems like she was actually a really nice person

"Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society" -Aristotle

Never found anything about this quote.

That Trump's quote about Republicans having stupid voters, never happened but libcucks share it on their Facebooks daily.

Everything I've read about her supports that.

When she was forced up to the guillotine and reportedly, accidentally step on the executioners foot and then apologized. Who the fuck apologizes to their own executioner?

>you're a shy sheltered aristocrat who just wants to go back to a rustic simple life in peaceful seclusion living at Petit Trianon
>you just had to watch all of your closest friends brutally die, dirty angry scary peasants parading their heads on sticks by your cell's window
>but you were raised with enough grace and dignity to not blame them and to apologize when you step on someone's foot, even a commoner about to murder you

Antonia was too pure for this Earth

>snopes

How about a real source there, kiddo.

Did she get gang raped by peasants before her execution?

I need to know...for research purposes.

>wah wah he actually delivered
>wah i refuse to listen wah
Snopes cites sources and goes into in depth detail about where they come to the conclusion.

The source Snopes used was Doris Goodwin who has written several biographies of U.S presidents.

That quote did happen. He was pitching his meme humanitarianism to several sourhern governors, so he made sure to sound extra edgy.

She lives on forever in our hearts.

No, but apparently one of her best friends was
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princess_Marie_Louise_of_Savoy#Death

>guy who didnt even exist
>is the best philosopher of all time
Would be amazing

Yeah. The funny thing is pretty much all of the accusations laid at her were things they had executed Louie for. Essentially claiming that in reality she was the mastermind behind everything and wanted to hand France over to the Austrians.

>Et tu brute?

He did say that though, except he said it in Greek.

>kαὶ σὺ, τέkνον?

"I will sodomize you and face-fuck you,
bottom Aurelius and catamite Furius,
you who think, because of my poems
are sensitive, that I have no shame.
For it's proper for a devoted poet to be moral
himself, [but] in not way is it necessary for his poems.
In point of fact, these have wit and charm,
if they are sensitive and a little shameless,
and can arouse an itch,
and I don't mean in boys, but in those hairy old men,
who can't get it up.
Because you've read my countless kisses,
you think less of me as a man?
I will sodomize you and face-fuck you.

~Gaius Valerius Catullus

No, according to a historian's book that cited two unnamed sources that said LBJ said that.

Main character in one of his books is a faggy white knight "gentleman" named Augustus. John Green tries to seem deep and make him a self insert "philosophical" character, but he's just a fag.

Then start with that source and not snopes you dumbass

>>kαὶ σὺ, τέkνον?

... and it translates as "You too, child?"

Doesn't take much effort to confirm the sources yourself without coming back to whine pointlessly.

>People apologizing for monarchist filth on my Veeky Forums

>phoneposting

>except he said it in Greek

hm?

>A horse! A horse! My kingdom for a horse!

Actualy

>I will not yield one step. This day I shall die a king, or win.

He choked on his blood after being stabbed thirty times before even meeting brutus

that's literally an LBJ quote though

Johnson was a complete shithead. His Great Society ruined America forever

back to Veeky Forums

i hate the french revolution now

Pic unrelated you abysmal faggot.

She never starved, which was actually something that could happen to a great deal of the population.

Allright that's it.

Jean, prep the guillotine

Carthago delenda est

Don't cite by proxy if you don't want people making fun of your sources

Don't whine pointlessly if you can't be assed to check it yourself.

The roman elites actually spoke greek to make themselves stand out from the peasantry.

>Who the fuck apologizes to their own executioner?
Someone habituated to being polite no matter what. Try it some time.

t. Canadians everywhere.

What did the plebs speak?

The sources aren't confirmed though. That's part of the controversy. The historian cites unnamed sources. Yes, it's published in a book, yes a historian said it, but what he said was that someone old him what LBJ said, and he did not name that source.

Is it standard journalistic practice to keep anonymous sources? Yes. But then you should been looking at it through the same scrutiny you would a news article with an anonymous source.

>Luke, i am your father

>years later, the Queens secret cake reserve was discovered
>more than enough to feed all the peasants
>but Napoleon ate them all

...Latin?

The peasants?