Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

Previous: >Great news!
-Monster Hunter Generations along with special edition N3DS XLs is out!
-Kiranico and MHX Dex updated

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh (embed) (embed) (embed)
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

discord.me/mhg

Tags: MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MHFU, MonHun, /mhg/

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
youtube.com/watch?v=M-FLZmkiXWM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for bubbleslut a best

First for giving Miss Cat big wet adult kiss!

SEEEE YAAAAAAA

Friendly reminder that you can turn off the map and bring it back up by holding L

friendly reminded that you can make the signal pressing start and then X.

>pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed)
jesus fucking christ over 4 threads and no one has has fixed this

Post Sluts~

I'm getting some mixed messages on Elemental SnS being good or not.

>non elemental sns

Didn't think they came in any other variety.

Probably going to be on for another 15 minutes or so if anyone wants an A- tier Prowler.

Hub ID: 21-4405-5175-9819

Sorry Schminke and Jhaerin, I was lagging so hard i couldn't move.

ill come back when i fix my net

Any tips for Shogun? He's walling me as hard as Brachydios in 3U did.

So what weapon/style combos are you guys seeing the most of online?

It's missing critical up S, fampai.

Still a decent enough cat I guess.

I want the bottom one what do I do?

Why would you not use an elemental SnS? It's the main draw of a fast weapon, aside from status.

Are elemental GS any good? I wanna use them cause they look cool.

are you for real hes the biggest pushover in the game

his ground attack doesnt even home ffs

Barioth will never come back from his vacation for MH5

Aerial DB, but that's probably because I'm still just HR2.

I saw there was some talk of the swaxe in the previous thread.
Does the aerial style keep the axe finisher?
An I going to be locked out of decent upgrades for weapons and armor sets until HR?

Don't try to dodge through him when he stretches his arms, just get out of his way. Unless you are using adept.

I did say it was A-. Good enough for government work, but not the best.

That said, you could just teach it.

its the same cat you fucking mongoloid

I joined a few random groups today just to farm Chameleos, Teostra and Snowbaron materials. Aerial LBG, Adept Bow, Aerial Lance, Aerial DB, Aerial SnS, Striker GS, Striker LS, Adept LS, Guild Switch Axe, Aerial GS, Aerial Switch Axe, Blood Wind spamming Dual Blade holy fuck stop tripping everyone

Honestly, there's more variety than I expected, but only in terms of weapon type. Aerial is common as heck

Is it cheating if I import a dlc cat from MHX to MHGen just to get the World's Strongest skill?

Best place to farm King Scarabs? I cant decipher Kiranico's gathering point lingo.

To be honest I think it's more than just decent.

Having Boomerang Pro and Earplugs and both boomerang skills by default.
Just need to slap Worlds Strongest and maybe Pitfall Trap on it and it's a pretty close to perfect for hunting. Don't think it lacks anything then.

Yes

Reminder that if you find a perfect boomerang cat, give him a cheesy cat pun name.

>tfw semi-perfect boomerang cat with shitty cat pun name
perfect

So I just did all the key level 5 star village quests, then the main town guy had a red box above him, and I just smashed through it and now I'm not level 6 and theres no urgent or other red box people to talk to...

How do I get to star level 6 on village?

Anyone else having issues with the online? In 4U I had absolutely no trouble playing online but in generations I get some 003 error 90% of the time I try to play online and it's always once the quest starts. I haven't changed routers or setting or anything since last I played 4U.

One of my friends were adamantly convinced. That elemental was crap on SnS now and Raw/Crit was the only way to go. It stuck me as odd too, because if you wanted to go pure raw, why go SnS?

Comprehensive SnS guide for MHG:
youtube.com/watch?v=M-FLZmkiXWM

I disconnect a lot in this game for some dumb reason. I was fine in 4u.

If it's a 003 error its probably on your end.

stop ignoring requests.

only striker removes double sword chop and axe finish

not that you need them when you have demon riot and energy charge

Do adept dodges just not work when rolling away from the monster, or am I just consistently messing up the timing? I thought it'd be a great way to keep up with the monster charges, but 5 first aids and two mega pots later, I'm starting to doubt my plan.

>forgot MHG was coming out
>don't get paid again till the 1st
fuck
is aerial style as fun as it looks?

That's what I've heard but I can't figure out why I have the issue in gen but not 4U. It makes no sense.

Gimme suggestions. I just got Jam from that user and I'm about to save edit his name

All my requests are done

it's fun but kinda easymode.

>no it's not they both have different skills

:^)

Can you give the rest of the error code next time you get the chance?

The entire game is easymode.

got another cat sharing room up

skills are

big boomerang
pierce boomerang
detox horn

boomerang pro
earplugs
crit up small

I can also give out the World's Strongest Jap DLC.

room is in gathering

Veeky Forums cat

pass 7243

>You can adept dodge from your allies attacks
Nice job capcom

Also does anyone know if the uragaan dbs are still in? The poison and fire ones? I really loved the look of them, they looked like the blades from .hack

gets boring after 2 hunts

Alright, was fun lads, I'll do another round of palicos at some point, I'm sure.

>nice job hunter, welcome to HR2
>here are special permits! DREADQUEEN RATHIAN PERMIT
>try it out
>40mins of panic
>check the weapon and armor set after killing it
This is disappointing

Let's keep this going:

Money-Powered Dragon Slayer

>Everything needs Dragonite Ore
>lol it doesn't exist.

Yes I know it's the Volcano but FUCKING HELL WHERE IS IT

You have to do the four flagship hunts in 5star to get to 6. You unlock those by doing the 3star village quests for each village until you do the invasion quests.

What gender are cats? On prowler mode on the file select screen, the gender only shows "-". What does it mean?

How does one into any Adept style weapon besides Hammer? The dash in is completely useless since your ability to aim is pretty much zero, and even if you do manage to somehow dash in range of the monster, it leaps out of the way before you can get out your adept attack.

His ground attack isn't the issue. It's the fact that if you get bleed it's hard as fuck to cure because the crab is on your ass in a second.
More than once do I get pushed into a wall and can't get out because the bleed will kill me. Honestly I feel like I'm more fighting with the area than the actual monster.

>Gunpowder Infusion + Adept Evade Reload + Crouching Fire

Holy fucking shit. I got like 25 shots of that combo off on a Zinogre and killed it in 7 minutes.
And i fucking suck dick at HBG.

Any tips for solo HBGing? Is it sometimes better to not to into crouching fire to fire your courching fire shots and shoot them normally instead? Or do you just want to switch to other ammo and only use that crouching fire ammo when you can go into crouching fire?

ID is 59-5326-1671-1349

they're plants, actually

It is pretty fun. Play SA or Hammer with it, though.

High Rank Turns

60-2928-2592-3465

>I can also give out the World's Strongest Jap DLC.
>implying I want to get kicked from rooms

no thanks

>Bulldrome's long homing charge is so glitchy it can force him OOB and has to dig himself back
jesus fucking christ what a trainwreck that asshole is

can somebody post a legend on how to search specific weapon/style/monster mhx/gen video on YT/nico nico?

So what bubblegirl weapons are worth making?

>do a tour of volcano with two palicos as soon as I hit village 4*
>7 dragonite
how much are you trying to keep upgraded in low ranks? I upgraded my SA and a GS I haven't actually been using with that haul and don't plan on going back for more for a while

003-4099

>Love MH
>Just can't bring myself to start again

So are you not charging after your dodge to get the special charge attack? Or did that mechanic fly over your head?

>implying they care
>playing with randoms in the first place

日本語を学ぶ

But my Japanese is too rusty.

t. adept shitters

ask someone for their save?

>solo HBG

use adept dodge, stack gunpowder, just stay in crit range, not much to it

use crouch whenever your cats get off a sleep, or if you trap, or if the monster trips over it's balls and gives you enough time

make sure you're canceling your reload animation with the gunpowder art, saves a lot of time. Also works with the reload animation from the adept dodge

Any of you people using bowgun here in MHG?
What are the good LBGs this time around?

Every goddamn game they add more and more monsters, and with them more gear, so there's like 5 different LBGs for each element at this point. I'm so overwhelmed.

>say aerial is easymode
>adept shitter
what even are you on?

I don't own the game yet, but I've been playing the demo. I've heard a lot of good stuff about aerial hammer, but holy shit does adept hammer kick ass. I fucked that owl up.

素敵なミーム

>Any tips for solo HBGing?

RULE #1:

>Always aim for obvious super-weak hitzones. Zinogre for example? HEADSHOT = 70. THAT'S HUGE Especially with Weakness Exploit mother of fucking god

RULE#2.

>Adept specific: Some monsters leave "FREE FUCKING DAMAGE" spots, and you can exploit this. EXAMPLE: Royal Ludroth's fizzy puddles it leaves on the ground. A Rathalos' fireball that leaves burning on the ground. Khezu's shock sphere. Etc. Mizutsune is a massive offender, as it shoots red bubbles of attack up and you can adept em' for MORE DAMAGE after you bump a red bubble for the bonus.

RULE#3

Reload cancelling, as someone has probably mentioned by now, is awesome.

>Reload > IMMEDIATELY ACTIVATE GUNPOWDER INFUSION

As for your Crouching Fire, it's situational. Take advantage of big derpy attacks to really lay in the heat. Khezu does the shock bubble? LAY ON THE SIEGE FIRE. Duramboros holy shit he's actually in this falls over? SHOOT THEM HUMPS.

Why would they lock the better maps away at high rank?

サンキュー

Khezu for thunder
Daora for ice
Mizu for water
Double metal raths for fire

Aerial Hammer is okay, but Adept just feels so RIGHT.

I'm rocking it on village 6* right now and there's no way I could play any of the other styles after playing Adept.

>are you for real hes the biggest pushover in the game

What is Low Rank Khezu for 500z? Also, Zinogre who struts a little too much and just eats shit because of it.

As a striker SA, is it better to use demon riot as soon as I get it or save it?

Is destroyer oil the one that breaks parts easier?

Any good methods for cutting Glavenus's tail? It seems hard as hell to get at.

Shogun is easier than both of those. They're both easy, and Shogun is easier

How do you feel about this hornslut cat?

doing HBG until I'm in the upper HR's, not gonna touch LBG's till then

money too short till I can start vendoring elder parts, and I like making a set for each gun (although I'm not sure that's even an option this time around)

Does anyone have a perfect boomerang cat they want to give out? I've been looking for one since I started the game but haven't had much luck getting more than just Big+Piercing and like one of the appropriate skills.

I charge in, it just never goes in the direction of the monster, and the attack is never useful.

example:
>perfect dodge one of narga's attacks
>do the dash
>If the dash actually moves me to where Narga currently is, go for the insta-attack
>Narga leaps out of the way
Happens 90-100% of perfect dodges in a hunt, it feels to unreliable to be worth the loss of attacks.

It's the green one.