/dng/ Yu-Gi-Oh! General

Yu-Gi-Oh! General #2245 - Hurry up and turn me into a Darklord you fucks Edition
Last thread: YGOPro (Windows): drive.google.com/open?id=0B6B7GsCVf45zclhuTktCVWNNdWc
YGOPro (Mac): mega.nz/#!fREAVBwZ!cOQG_5oHFKgjfwz4dVUtAW88w9gqRrvWyeFZ7zI_bVM

● DN was a browser-based, manual simulator.
● YGOPro is an automated simulator.

Useful Links:
yugioh-card.com/en/rulebook/EN_SDSE_Rulebook.pdf
(Current Official Rulebook, last updated 6/27/15)
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page (Wiki with a wealth of information for players, new and old)
yugiohprices.com/ (Comprehensive Yu-Gi-Oh! stock market)
ygodr.blog.jp/ (OCG decklists)
yugiohtopdecks.com/decklists (TCG decklists)
ygorganization.com/ - blog.livedoor.jp/maxut/ (TCG/OCG news sites)
yugioh.party/ (Hypergeometric/Probability calculator)

The Official /dng/ ruling test can be found here:
testmoz.com/466984

Upcoming Sets:
●OCG: 20th Rival Collection (July 21st)
●OCG: Booster SP: Destiny Soldiers (August 6th)
●OCG: Extra Pack 2016 (September 10th)
●OCG: Structure Deck R: Machine Dragon Re-Volt (September 24th)
●OCG: Raging Tempest (October 8th)

●TCG: Dark Side of Dimensions Movie Pack (July 22nd)
●TCG: The Dark Illusion (August 5th)
●TCG: Dragons of Legend: Unleashed (August 19th)
●TCG: Structure Decks Yugi Muto and Seto Kaiba (October 21st)

BEFORE asking to be spoonfed, try the following:
● Read the cards.
● Lurk and read the archives.
● Read the cards please.
● Google your Deck before you post it here. If your deck is/was competitive it will probably have topped an event.
● Most games have single rounds or a best of three match; matches are encouraged as they teach you to make use of your side deck for tournament play.
● Remember to playtest and try suggestions before you trash them, even if someone recommends a weird tech choice. You don't know everything.
● READ. THE. CARDS.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/itKTUPFW9P8
youtube.com/watch?v=wmzRiUXIosc
youtube.com/watch?v=PwGRE4joMnw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>GX archetypes are becoming meta
What a time we live in

Condemned Maiden being Edgelord Lucifer's waifu when

Why is he so perfect?

I can't wait to see Kozmo failing to take the OCG meta as hard as it did in TCG despite all the hype

>Blue-eyes and ABC are the meta archetypes from DM
>Frogs, Darklords and HERO are meta from GX
How long until Blackwings get support and be meta again?

>even more Blackwing support
no please

Darklord Kristya when?

blackwings have tons of support you gook
it's just that most of it is bad

Can someone give me a summary of the new Darklord support?

>Maiden was always on quickplay spells in the Forbidden series
>Condemned Maiden lets her play Quickplays from your hand
>Darklord archetype is a fallen angel archetype that has 3 new monsters that essentially turn dead S/Ts into quickplays

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
DEEPEST FUCKING LORE
LET'S GO FUCKING KILL GOD

Reposting How will Konami make BLS good?

You already got shit tons of support. You're done crow. Synchrons got a structure deck not too long ago so probably have to wait longer.

Yugioh is such a fucked up autistic game. The rules are impossible, there's been decades of extreme power creep, and the rules text on many cards is longer than Infinite Jest.

Yet there is something magical about the game. Games are often determined in a flash, like a knife fight. But there's also ridiculous combos that let us summon huge super powerful dragons and robots with gratuitous and epic weeb art. There is no set rotation. That means you can always find a secret tech to catch your opponent off guard. And Konami will often release a handful of cards to help out an old deck archetype like they have done recently with Crystal Beasts and Destiny Heroes.

So maybe MTG is more well designed with its focus groups and huge hierarchies of researchers and developers. Maybe Yugioh is fundamentally flawed. But Yugioh has a soul and style that will never be matched. And that's why we keep coming back.

>Mexiwings

>Toad
Should have been a Frog, Pendulum effect could have covered the weakness of R2 having low ATK.

Reposting my shitpost then

Enjoy getting Striked back down.
Lightlords based on angels when?

Ok so BLS is confirmed meaning we're going in a circle with legacy support. Let's assume it will get 3 new support cards like what Red-Eyes got.

>What 3 cards does BLS need to be good?

>What 3 cards does Buster Blader need to be good?

>What 3 cards does DM need to propel it from rouge to consistent meta status?

>What 3 cards does Blue-Eyes need to keep it strong in the meta?

>final not announced before darklord card
>darklords win, no more solemn cards
Do it Konami

>Lightlords
Those are Lightsworns.
The Darklords' counterparts would be the Archlords (Aarchangels).

Archangel Lucifer soon™

What about all those 'Eyes of Blue' cards that just came out in the OCG?

>they release a stronger version of Kristya and other Archlords to go with him
>TCG localizes them as Lightlords

>rouge
What's with so many people mispelling rogue these days?

Buster Blader needs a Destruction Sword card that searches Buster Blader.

I won a locals with this a couple days ago. R8

Shun/10

RANK UP MAJIKKU: SUKIPPU FOSU HATSUDO/10

I could have taken my Kozmos but I Ignored advise because I wanted to feel on the edge...

>BLS
1. A card to search the ritual spell and ritual monster like pre prep
2. A good ritual monster like Chaos MAX
3. Something to recover the banished cards
>Buster Blader
1. Their version of Sage to search the tuners
2. Something like trade in to fix brick hands
3. Recovery
>Blue-eyes
1. A REDMD/Eternal Soul clone for consistent Revival
2. Another dragon like Alternative which summons itself
3. A third stone which works like the second effect of D/D Swiral slime
>Dark Magician
1. Trade-in for Dark Magician
2. Another Magician which summons itself
3. S/T recovery
Did I fix the decks?

>Egyptian God Cards
>"Localizes" Osiris as Slifer
Why is this allowed?

The late Roger Slifer was a weird man

In the actual event I had Dweller in the main and Antiluminescent knight in the side by the way. I would have lost my last game to a pendulum player but he didn't set sky iris before scales. Other than some idiots and a fucking asshole chain burn player it was a decent locals. No BA decks for some reason.

Slifer is a very egyptian name. Like Steve

>Co-created Lobo
oh shit, I can't hate him now.

How do I play Lackluster Soldier.dek?

Source on that image?

Can I summon a Kaiju if I have a Vanity Ruler?

Wait for the new support

yes

So it seems you're most likely to get 1-2 Alternatives per box.

It's still way better than THSF after all.
Alternative should still be pretty cheap.

What archetype is best for learning each summoning type?

Archetypes*

DDD

The fuck are you talking about? Fusion, Ritual, Synchro and XYZ are all easy as fuck to learn, just read it on the wiki. Pendulum is the only moderately challenging one, and if you can't understand it after watching them explain it in like the first 3 episodes of Arc V you should probably be playing a simpler game.

Hosting on YGOpro, /dng/ and all that.

So the anniversary for a infamous shark attack happened a few days ago, so would you guys be able to help me build a Shark deck? I don't know anything about them but I don't want it to be Treatoad Turbo if possible

Read the fucking OP

ey netdeckers, look this madness
youtu.be/itKTUPFW9P8

>MMBN music
alright, it gets a pass

Why not a stone that works like the first effect of Swirl Slime and is treated as BEWD in the hand?

how do I get BA to stop floating

>DDD
>Ritual
Odd-Eyes

Macro

Dweller, Macro. D. Fissure, Dark Law, and Soul Drain are all good options.

I love Upstart Goblin. I remember when I was first shown the card by a long time friend and mentor of mine. I'd been playing Yu-gi-oh casually for a while before I finally decided to break into the competitive scene. However, as a High-School kid with limited income, I didn't have the funds. My friend sold me his old dark world deck cheap, I didn't need a good deck, I just needed something to play in order to get the hang of playing people in person. In the deck were 3 common copies of Upstart Goblin; after reading the card it peplexed me. "Why would you give your opponent 1000 lifepoints for free?" I asked. He simply chuckled and said "Heh, you have a lot to learn my young padawan".

At the root of it, 3 copies of Upstart Goblin makes your deck close to 37 cards. I'm sure you've all heard that before; but does it really mean much in the long run?

Yes. Yes it does.

Ask yourself- I want you to really ask yourself. Think about this, okay? Would you play a 43 card deck in a competitive environment? If you answered yes you should probably close the tab and reflect on why you're such a bad player. If you wouldn't play a 43 card deck, 3 more cards then is the current limit, why?.

Well you've probably thought "consistency". Consistency rules Yu-gi-oh! Consistency is what wins championships. Consistency will win you matches much more often than deck power, or flashy plays. All the best decks in the history of Yu-gi-oh have been consistent. The most consistent decks will always win.

who wrote this anyways, was it the scrub hoban

Pretty damn neat deck but goddamn some of those opponents are impressively retarded

The new Darklords better br on ygopro before I get home. They look so fucking rad.

Timelords when?

GG my mane, I can't believe how much I misplayed. Post build? I like looking at everyone's builds for comparison. I've already posted mine a lot, but here it is again ;3

if you could send him from the pendulum zone for treatoad he'd still be decent tech

>Would you play a 43 card deck in a competitive environment? If you answered yes you should probably close the tab and reflect on why you're such a bad player.

all of the meta deck players were retards, smells like cherrypicking

Do you think this is a GAME?
You can't just waltz in here and expect to pick up a deck to learn each summoning type.

You need to join the fucking DUEL SCHOOL and go through each and every one of its classes.

You think you can just pick up two monsters, put them together, and just summon shit willy-nilly?
Think again, motherfucker. If you haven't studied each of the summon types for 4 terms each, you can't call yourself a REAL duelist.

Dueling isn't a toy, it's an IDEOLOGY.
One that you can't learn by asking for "what archetype is best for learning each summoning type".

and if you don't bother learning how to fuse, synch, or xyz, you get to learn how to surrender

But what if I have a PHD in dueling?

Hope there's a good meta deck that can make use of Marshmacaron. I love that card and it was a good retrain of the original Marshmallon.

There isn't, sorry.

>you get to learn how to make your opponents surrender
Fucking Exodia and Chain Burn

Rank 1 turbo ft. Metalfoes

>My opponent's face when they discovered Marshmacaron summons from the Graveyard, hand or deck, and I pulled Negate Attack next attack

>ojamas

Yugi dueled both Exodia and Chain Burn, and beasted on both of them with only a rudimentary level of education in Fusion Style. A fully educated person won't have a person.

>A fully educated person won't have a person.

That's pretty deep.

I love Upstart Goblin. I remember when I was first shown the card by a long time friend and mentor of mine. I'd been playing Yu-gi-oh casually for a while before I finally decided to break into the competitive scene. However, as a High-School kid with limited income, I didn't have the funds. My friend sold me his old dark world deck cheap, I didn't need a good deck, I just needed something to play in order to get the hang of playing people in person. In the deck were 3 common copies of Upstart Goblin; after reading the card it peplexed me. "Why would you give your opponent 1000 lifepoints for free?" I asked. He simply chuckled and said "Heh, you have a lot to learn my young padawan".

At the root of it, 3 copies of Upstart Goblin makes your deck close to 37 cards. I'm sure you've all heard that before; but does it really mean much in the long run?

Yes. Yes it does.

Ask yourself- I want you to really ask yourself. Think about this, okay? Would you play a 43 card deck in a competitive environment? If you answered yes you should probably close the tab and reflect on why you're such a bad player. If you wouldn't play a 43 card deck, 3 more cards then is the current limit, why?.

Well you've probably thought "consistency". Consistency rules Yu-gi-oh! Consistency is what wins championships. Consistency will win you matches much more often than deck power, or flashy plays. All the best decks in the history of Yu-gi-oh have been consistent. The most consistent decks will always win.

Or I can summon Fossil and set my hand and watch my opponent rage quit

>with only a rudimentary level of education in Fusion Style
Nigga, he learned it after full composite course.

Seriously, why is every Dark World so fucking retarded? I'm playing against this high-rated guy on DN, who thinks that Return of the Red-Eyes' effect works like Call of the Haunted and that I can't use it during his EP and use it again in my M1. Now I have to wait for an admin to come.

And incidentally, he uses DW. And it's not even the first time I come across a retarded DW player. Jesus.

>BLS support in this set
>BB support in the next set aka last Arc-V set
>DM and BE get support in the 6th series sets

>tfw the 6th series might actually be a DM super

>still playing on DN

So how many people are even on there? Like 100?

>Like 100
More like literally 0

DN is dead fampam

>dm remake
>return of ushio
>everyone uses extra deck/pendulums

>they don't cheat
>they actually play the game
>BY THE RULES

>get the ushio back story of how he reformed and became a cop

Already done.

youtube.com/watch?v=wmzRiUXIosc

More like we get Ushio's story on how the FUCK he survived all the way through 5Ds

>that dark magician
What the fuck happened to him?

kaz's style has changed over the years

>Darklord in German is Finsterlord

No idea why I find that so funny

I get that, but the new Dark Magician looks like he's fucking dying of old age.

He's twenty years older than when he first appeared, of course he's gonna look old.

5d's is just 20 years after DM

no, seriously

>what the fuck happened to him

That's how he's actually supposed to look like. Kaz couldn't draw him that way in the manga because it would use up too much ink and weigh the paper down, but the BLACK Magician was always supposed to be BLACK and not fucking Purple.

Everything in German that isn't space robot Nazi terrifying is inherently funny, like vid related with "Thompson's speedo" and the "gay-colored house"
youtube.com/watch?v=PwGRE4joMnw

>This will be dub only in theatres
Fuck. Why isn't animation respected in the west?

>playing by the rules
>Kaiba draws for his first turn
???
Aside from that how is Neo BEUD supposed to be an improvement over the original? They share the exact the same vulnerability and Neo looks like a more anorexic dragon.

>dub only
>no dan green
cant wait to see how people react