A-are we back?

>die in the middle of the night
>no one cares enough to make a new thread
>new thread doesn't even have a backlink or OP stuff
Planetside 2 is dead, bury it

I-It i-isn't, don't bully ;_;

Timelapse of PS2's continents.

youtube.com/watch?v=zLE0YzNaKtQ

So, user, now that PS2 is dead, what are you playing?

I'll start: I've been mostly playing those 600 steam games I bought and never even launched; in these last few days, I've been having lodsafun mainly with Rocket League, Skyrim, and the new UT.

Still PS2. One day imma gonna launch one of those 200 steam games i have.

>Still PS2

Quite interesting, from what year was this? Looks like an old version of PS2.

I can't stop. I have to win this war

This is the stupidest mechanic in any game, ever, bar none. This is why the game is dying.

>hehehe goyim, you can pay us money and your sights won't jump around when taking damage... heheheheh. Only 2 shekles an hour!

The game deserves to die, to be honest.

Just aim better and shoot them first.

>moukass is a sandnigger
lmao france

BIG

MEATY

VANU

BUTTS

Goodnight ps2g. Pls survive through the night

you know full well that won't happen, stop fooling yourself

>>no one cares enough to make a new thread
I wanted to see whether anyone would make a new thread.
t. maker of about half the OPs in the past two years

It died at around 1am EST because it was past bump limit and no one realized it until it archived, just fyi

Unless they paid enough shekles to dey break games :^)

Just came here to say fuck you all

YEA AND HE DIDN'T MAKE A NEW THREAD NOW DID HE

only 100 more claymeme kills left to purple

you're a terrible person!

Truly the dedest of threads and games.

BURGER STRONK
REMOV WEAK VS BABBYES

needs a filename

>TR SMG heavy removes degeneracy

>SNA defense

>NC heavy puts a compensator+extended magazine on his EM6.webm

>compensator on EM6
fucking disgusting
get the fuck out of my conglomerate, or you'll be implicated in an """unfortunate friendly fire accident"""

>TR gets much needed SMG buffs

obligatory weighted score statistics chart showing how """overpowered""" cyclone is.jpg

d

IKXX ;DDD

looks like we won't make it through the night again huh

STOP SPAWNING ME AT THE WRONG BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE

I guess im obligated to bump this shitheap off 10

>tfw you wreck kids so hard they all pull vehicles and theres no more mans to click
;_;

>NC zerging a lane then getting raped repeatedly
yep

FIX THE API SO I CAN JERK OFF TO MAY STATS AGAIN REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

:^)

You'd have been dead if those were old scatguns or the current slug mattocks

desu, if it were a VS or TR max he would've been dead pretty much instantly. It's only the NC maxes that are this cucked.

I thought NC maxes were op?

It's only a problem affecting memerald

Play another server in the meantime

there are other servers

emerald's the only legit server

That's a funny way of spelling Briggs

Do you have the pasta?

It's not a pasta, Briggs is objectively the most skilled server.

Quake, CS, LoL and SC2...the toughest and most demanding competitive games on the planet all have one thing in common: Low player counts.

It's this low player count that breeds a special kind of super soldier. No one can afford to be bad when the biggest fights are 4 platoons size.

Cheesy crutches like UBGL, HE lightning and Fury are made useless by small battles favouring exquisite aim with weapons of the highest skill ceiling rather than weapons designed for gibbing large clusters of new players.

Our lack of flak and lock on nests allows our vehicles to excel to their full potential. Our airspace is filled with top tier pilots circling and hovering gracefully around each other with no unfair interruption.

Our tankers can polish their aim to be world best without worrying about finding a rock for cover. Our harasser crews are dedicated AV destroyers of the highest calibre as any AI harasser would be instantly singled out and destroyed by our alert and skillful infantry.

On Briggs, every infantryman is a tactical genius capable of directing multiple squads to victory. Flanks, pushes, counter pushes, tactical redeploys. All of this might sound daunting to a typical Mattherson player but on Briggs this is our bread and butter.

thanks

everyone do your biggest meme or the thread will die ;_;

>Come here 2 years ago
>Everyone says this game is dead
>Come back a year ago
>Everyone says this game is dead
>Come back now
>People still saying it's dead

What's the actual status on the game though? I see they added a new vehicle, but other than that, player count seems to be the same. Least from a year ago.

Pops are decent enough during prime time.

This is my final meme for the evening, don't let the thread die in my sleep.

>launch PC at work
>ps2g survived the night

W-we're n-not dead!

don't die

youtube.com/watch?v=S-Xrlf3taEo

Good night forever /ps2g/
;_;7

lmao
poop game
poop general
poop """"""""""community""""""""""
It's all going down the pooper where it belongs.

No u

d

is this really over

it's been over for a while user

>24 ips

guys let it die

construction update gave it a few more months to live, but unless they add in the fucking flying aircraft carriers or something the game is gonna die

we died before we got maggie lewds ;_;

I can send you mine!

this is an imageboard

by which i mean post them

I think we're at the point where I can safely say that doing construction was probably the biggest blunder of all time for PS2's development. The temporary population boost? Gone. I enjoyed it while it lasted, but we paid the price with worse FPS that started with the construction patch. You spent (or wasted depending on who you ask) 7 months on gameplay mechanics that are largely ignored by all but a small niche of players.

The infantry experience is the core of the game; mining things simply bores FPS players as well as casuals who just want to shoot mans. In my experience, the players who do the whole mining and constructing style of play are almost always PvE types who want to avoid fighting whenever possible. Hell, construction-focused players might as well be playing a different game from everyone else because of how much the rest of the playerbase ignores them.

The game has major core problems that have existed since tech test 4 years ago; they could have used 7 months of development time to address them. MAXes are still absolutely fucking hilariously broken when used by competent players. Fights are difficult to start but a breeze to end. Hellzerging is the best and easiest way to "win."

The default mouse sensitivity is still 1cm/360 and casuals don't bother to change it, so they end up quitting because they feel like their weapons do very little damage. The game still defaults to graphics settings that make the game perform terribly on fresh installs, even on beastly systems. The new player experience still sucks.

We're still able to drive directly on to the point and/or vehicle camp most bases. The Indar revamp did very little to fix how absolutely awful that continent is and break up the usual stalemates. The Galaxy screenshakedog still exists. The Gatekeeper destroys Sunderers and ends fights before they can even start from render range. Coyotes have comparable DPS to an elite pilot with an air to air nosegun. You can also dodge like a maniac in 3rd person view while outputting absurd amounts of DPS with Coyotes, because aiming is so 2012.

Screenshake and flinch as mechanics are almost universally loathed by the community, yet they're still in the game because immersion or something. Brazilian, Russian, Chinese et al. 6000ms lagwizards are still able to make the game miserable for everyone else because what the hell are ping limits in a game that is almost completely strung together by clientside hit detection? The resource revamp finalized the transformation of PS2 into a game that is almost entirely about spamming force multipliers and surfing hellzergs to "win" when there's no such thing as a win condition in this game.

The bottom line is this: server populations are at some of the lowest they've ever been since Mattherson pre-merge, and this is in summer(!) when school's out. In past years, populations have always had a significant boost during May-August. With the majority of the game's core problems still unaddressed for years, it's no surprise casuals didn't stick around long after construction.

Farming crystals and walling yourself in from the rest of the game doesn't make for riveting gameplay. Most of them probably went to Overwatch, where getting in the action takes one button press while PS2 is more often than not a map staring sim. I get the feeling that every time I start up PS2, I'm not just fighting against other players; I'm fighting against the game itself for the chance to actually have anything remotely resembling a fight before one of a million possibilities comes to fruition and kills the fun before it even starts. I feel like I might as well be playing a Sisyphus simulator by any other name.

The core gameplay problems are still here years later not just because DBG lack time and resources to address them, but because they never ever decided what type of players they want to attract and retain. Because they never made that decision, PS2 remains a game with an enormous identity crisis.

It can't decide whether it wants to be a giant TDM that might as well be called "Smedley Liked Battlefield," a PvE MMO where you equip a crayon costume and surround enemy mobs with 10x their population so you can color the map, a miniature version of MechWarrior where you instagib infantry from the safety of a skillsuit while corner camping, or a construction simulation where you wall yourself off from everything else the game has to offer.

99 times out of 100, when you try to please everyone you end up pleasing no one instead. The players are the lifeblood of the game, and PS2 has a sucking chest wound on top of a myriad of systemic illnesses. DBG's response for the past year and a half has been to keep throwing band-aids and hoping something sticks. Decide what you want your game to be and what kind of players you want to retain, or the servers will be a complete ghost town by the time schools are back in session.

If this game has any kind of life left come December, I'll be very surprised. Many of us here have spent thousands of hours on the game and I'd hate for it to be all for nothing.

He is 100%right

More like 90%, but still

We just have to accept that the end is near. We had a good run

the end is already here, we're just hanging on due to sunken cost fallacy and stubbornness

>doing construction was probably the biggest blunder of all time for PS2's development

not by a long shot. Half-assed Mission and Territory Revamps, "MLG" islands and pandering, Lattice, Hossin, Koltyr, PS4 the list goes on, and thats only for updates, if we're including PS2's development to decisions and designs before the game actually released, its no where near the biggest blunder.

>Hell, construction-focused players might as well be playing a different game from everyone else because of how much the rest of the playerbase ignores them.

while I agree that this is true for now, I HOPE it won't be true. Construction as released was never "meant" to be a finished product, like pretty much every other development the game has had since launch. The point is, it can be salvaged, and the pieces are now in place to flesh out the system to actually make it matter and be fun.

>The default mouse sensitivity is still 1cm/360 and casuals don't bother to change it, so they end up quitting because they feel like their weapons do very little damage. The game still defaults to graphics settings that make the game perform terribly on fresh installs, even on beastly systems. The new player experience still sucks.

Mouse sensitivity is personal preference, and pretty much every shooter ever has it higher than it needs to be for default. New player experiance is shit, but to be fair its still better than it was when the game released. (drop pod immediately into a fight, good luck soldier)

>The Indar revamp did very little to fix how absolutely awful that continent is and break up the usual stalemates
no but it certainly helped. It's also hard to judge it in a vacuum because the same patch released construction, which sucks players out to literally nowhere

>The Gatekeeper destroys Sunderers and ends fights before they can even start from render range
>le salty VS face

>Coyotes have comparable DPS to an elite pilot with an air to air nosegun. You can also dodge like a maniac in 3rd person view while outputting absurd amounts of DPS with Coyotes, because aiming is so 2012.
The air game has basically been a complete shitshow since the game released. Bitching about Coyotes doesn't change the fact the the airgame was never open to casuals that didn't have time to autistically practice what amounts to a glitch in the game just to have a chance.

>Screenshake and flinch as mechanics are almost universally loathed by the community, yet they're still in the game because immersion or something
Buy more chargers goyim! thats pretty much the only justification to it, should have been removed a long time ago.

B-but the war!

>assuming everyone who does construction is the one passive cuck who walls himself in with his 23% efficiency core and never contributes to anything else
>complaining about MAXes being siege breakers/holders
>complaining about coyotes being effective against ESFs of all fucking things

he is right about ping limits and screen shake and the unfocused game design and so on, but the unfocused game design isn't necessarily a bad thing: when you're bored of shotting mans, you can hop in a tonk, airplane, bus or even ANT if you're feeling autistic and do whatever comes to mind. it's a very sandboxy game, in a way that is so ridiculously rare nowadays that it's kind of hard to see PS2 ever completely dying, ever completely losing its niche. we may be dropping players left and right but somehow i feel that so long as the servers are up, people will still come back every now and then even with all the flaws. there's just so much to do in PS2 that nothing gets even close. at least until star citizen surfaces in 2028

and you can call me a cripple or shiTR or whatever, but the MLG tournament thing was literally the point in time when the game started going downhill. we wouldn't be having all these IVI elitists shitting up balance discussion, abusing client side hit detection to play their CoD minigame and covering up for eachother when caught cheating. a low KDR is the mark of a shitter, don't get me wrong, but a stupidly high KDR is the mark of a player who is actively detrimental to the spirit of the game

>stupidly high KDR is the mark of a player who is actively detrimental to the spirit of the game
pretty much this. If all you care about is >muh honerbru IVI duels, then you've literaly missed the entire point of the game, and should have fucked off to csgo or something else long ago. The only reason these people have stayed so long, besides the time they've already invested, is because they can dunk shitters to inflate their autistic stat numbers far higher than they would at an actual competitive FPS.

the war is over

everyone lost

>not by a long shot. Half-assed Mission and Territory Revamps, "MLG" islands and pandering, Lattice, Hossin, Koltyr, PS4 the list goes on,
The difference is that those weren't hailed as what would save the game, so we didn't have big expectations. And all in all, Hossin isn't that bad, the mission system gives newbs some basic guidance as bad as it may be while taking virtually no design and coding time, and the PS4 port if you disregard the PC performance degradation that it brought just gave them a completely new demographic from which to siphon shekels.

>and thats only for updates, if we're including PS2's development to decisions and designs before the game actually released, its no where near the biggest blunder.
fully agree on this

>while I agree that this is true for now, I HOPE it won't be true. Construction as released was never "meant" to be a finished product, like pretty much every other development the game has had since launch.
The whole game is not a finished product, and never will be. There have been a few good things (AI vehicle nerfs, XP buffs, etc.), but literally almost everything else has been a downgrade.

>The point is, it can be salvaged, and the pieces are now in place to flesh out the system to actually make it matter and be fun.
Maybe so, but at it is now, construction has no place in this game. PS2 is an FPS with ground and air vehicles. Player-built bases are a nice idea, but autism forts that can be very easily defended with very little pop are not, especially when they are big part of the """"winning"""" condition.

>Mouse sensitivity is personal preference, and pretty much every shooter ever has it higher than it needs to be for default.
Doesn't change the fact that it's a shit idea

>New player experiance is shit, but to be fair its still better than it was when the game released. (drop pod immediately into a fight, good luck soldier)
No, Koltyr is bad. It gets them used to relative calm, after which they're sent out into the shitshow that are real continents. And, if you pay attention, there's tons of BR 1-14 on normal conts too, because Koltyr is just so fucking dead most of the time, and provides no real guidance as to what you have to do.

>no but it certainly helped. It's also hard to judge it in a vacuum because the same patch released construction, which sucks players out to literally nowhere
I couldn't disagree more on this point. It was fucking awful. The new bases are fucking awful. Much more easy to camp with vehicles, much less enjoyable to fight in as infantry. Most of the bases that got removed didn't need to be removed, just some tweaking.
Literally the only thing I can get behind was the removal of Broken Arch Road.

>>le salty VS face
But it's true, memeing won't help you.
The GK is still way too rewarding given the skill and risk needed to use it effectively.

>Buy more chargers goyim! thats pretty much the only justification to it, should have been removed a long time ago.
As much as I dislike implants and the things associated with it and think it's a fucking retarded mechanic, people vastly exaggerate this. Screenshake isn't even remotely that bad (I can play without BH4 no problem), and chargers are not a problem at all (I've been running T3/T4 implants ever since they came out, and I've got fuckloads of chargers and implants stockpiled), I don't see why anyone would ever have to buy them with shekels unless they literally AFK more than they play.

>the MLG tournament thing was literally the point in time when the game started going downhill.
Not really, it was already going downhill before launch.
>we wouldn't be having all these IVI elitists shitting up balance discussion,
They do understand much more about balance than shitters, both because their higher skill level allows them to be more objective instead of just "BWAAAAAAHHH IT KILLED ME, PLS NERF", and because they tend to play all factions.
The problem is that most of them used to main VS (on all servers, but clearly this is just a coincidence, right?), and
>abusing client side hit detection
But that's basically what infantry is built on, literally everyone does it. The first things newbs are told is to play aggerssively instead of camping corners.
>and covering up for eachother when caught cheating.
To be honest, the amount of """good players""" that are actually cheating is fairly low in my opinion, they're mostly playing like huge pussies and have practiced their aim.
>a low KDR is the mark of a shitter, don't get me wrong, but a stupidly high KDR is the mark of a player who is actively detrimental to the spirit of the game
All in all, it's hilarious how bad most of these """good""" players are. I don't even consider myself to be that good, but if there were an objective infantry skill ranking none of that memelabs of IVI score/KDR bullshit, I'm pretty fucking sure I'd be ranked higher than the vast majority of them.

t. good player that never took part in the elitist circlejerk bullshit

>inb4 stop lying u r not gud
Why would I lie on an anonymous Cambodian tapestry discussion BBS?
>inb4 stop bragging
Why would I brag on an anonymous Cambodian tapestry discussion BBS, while at the same time giving no information with which to identify me?

>Not really, it was already going downhill before launch.
the MLG tournament made it worse though
>They do understand much more about balance than shitters,
that's not the point i was making, i was thinking more around the lines of them wanting infantry to be the end all be all mode of play, wanting to nerf tanks, A2G and what not when the solution is rather to separate the infantry-dependent gameplay from the vehicle gameplay (biolabs, SNA, any base where prowlers don't have direct access to both flag and spawn room). base design should be closed up while highlighting places where it's important to escort infantry into objectives, rather than being an open field where tanks can shell the spawn room while the sundy parks next to the point. we desperately need more bases like SNA, where the attackers assault the base in progressively harder "stages" rather than parking 3 sunderers at A,B and C and calling it a day but i guess i'm going on a tangent now.
>literally everyone does it.
BUT I DONT YOU FUCKING CHEATER REEEEEEEEEEEEE GET OUT WITH YOUR SUBHUMAN PING BULLSHIT
>To be honest, the amount of """good players""" that are actually cheating is fairly low in my opinion,
true but that doesn't make it better really. generally lagswitching should be seen as actively cheating, too

also
>thinking we care about your stats when you're not talking about IVI KDR HSR WEIGHTED MLG LMG EX QUAKE TRUE SCORE

;_;

>>literally everyone does it.
>BUT I DONT YOU FUCKING CHEATER REEEEEEEEEEEEE GET OUT WITH YOUR SUBHUMAN PING BULLSHIT
Oh, I misinterpreted your post.
Guess I fully agree with you on that, thought you were simply talking about playing aggressively, not about latency fuckery.

>tfw your favorite video game ever will be a rotting corpse after summer ends