Track Day

Its Saturday.

Why aren't you at your local track?

It snows.

>implying I wasn't

australian tracks are rarely open to the public

There aren't any local tracks. I was at my local toegay instead.

because it costs $160 for a day at the track when I can togue all day in the rocky mountains for free

Busy doing maintenance from the race last weekend at thunderhill and getting prepared to go racing again next weekend at portland international.

Track day bro

I don't have a local track

not a faggot who wastes money to drive on a track

>No trailer
>No track tires

I might take my supermoto to the sm track tomorrow though

Just a slow boring faggot then

>rocks, debris, traffic, animals
The track is clean, precise and focused it teaches you what the toegay can't

not as boring as someone who goes to trackdays

this guys gets it

>go touge on Thursday after work
>leave from Denver
>get 6000' elevation gain
>sparsely populated roads (I saw less than 10 cars in a 40 mile route)
>freshly plowed roads
>pristine condition
>great views

yeah I'd say that's better than a track day surrounded by tryhards that will never actually race.

My local track is about 300km away, and it's a small ass oval.

Because Laguna Seca is expected dive and they are closed currently anyway

Yeah, hooning on streets is fun and I'll never stop doing it but you can't drive to 100% there.

You seem salty. $160 is very little money to spend on an entire day of fun.

its a waste of money when I can spend $20 and do the same thing on better roads with better scenery

im not salty youre just trying hard to justify your stupid decisions

You could actually race. Its what I do. Track days are fun and all but if you can, take it to the next level and go wheel-to-wheel. It does cost a bit more and you need a lot of tools, gear, and a truck but after you've got all the shit its not so bad and a hell of a lot more exciting than track days.

Expensive as fuck*

COfag here, where is this?

i have a hard time finding good togues

Because my car is shit and it's a DD that I don't want to put too much stress on

Racing is just kinda what I do. I can't think of any better way to spend money. I mean, what's more awesome than racing?

We aint got no track

I have no car, no money and no license.

Yes, I'm one of those fags.

literally any road in the mountains is good

the other day I took 73 from morrison and then got on 103 up towards Mt Evans. the road that splits off and goes to Mt Evans is closed still but that means there are no tourists, but the road was amazing to drive.

From evergreen on 73 to the 103 it's a busy road but other than that it was fukkin great.

What I usually do is just look for a windy road and go for it, I've only lived here for a year so I'm still exploring new roads

whops, 74**, whatever it's in the picture.

Buttonwillow is only a couple hours drive and much cheaper. Sonoma, willow springs, and thunderhill are all in day-trip range too. You are in a good central spot for a lot of cool tracks.

>trackdays on weekends
There is probably racing going on. Also my local track rarely has track days and when they do they're £270

Bong eh? Have you considered superkarts? I am kinda jelly how popular those things are over there. Here the 125cc shifter situp is the big class on the big tracks and hardly anyone drives superkarts. They are pretty bad ass though. Faster than most professional racing until you get up into gp3 land.

Yeah, but my best candidate currently is a 3500lb s10 with a 2.2 and 480tw tires...

I'll have a racecar soon.
And by soon I mean when I buy an ecu to run it, and fab an entire drive train including IRS... So winter.

i have a lifted 4 door jeep. not good for turns. or straight lines. i dont know what im doing

but its fun as hell to drive even though its slow. and looks great.

>can't afford the 3-5k membership + 200 per day fees
>also their schedule is stupid
>

My local track is pretty shitty and uninteresting, but the real reason is that I'm still a busrider.

Because I'm working

>what car
>what track
>what me

Track owner got too old and retired. Now they store oilfield equipment there.

I have 5-6000 hours on the touge. How much would it cost me to get that much seat time on track.

And you're done.

i dont want to pay to drive a track unless it was somthing like the nurburgring

>I mean, what's more awesome than racing?
Idk, enjoying driving your car instead of dumping all your money and effort into trying to be competitive.

Racing takes an enjoyable activity and turns it into work.

>Local track is F1 circuit
>Always booked for private/club events that I'm not part of

Feels bad man, especially since its like, 15 minutes from my house.

It is a lot of hard work but that just makes it all the more rewarding. Lots of 12+ hour days towing places, lots of waking up at 4am, lots of time spent in the garage. It all seems worth it when you get a podium finish in a 30+ entry race though. Even when I don't win its always an adventure with my racing bros and I come back with stories to tell. I really can't think of any other way I'd rather spend all that money, sweat, and time. Raising kids like a normal person I guess? Or maybe just sitting around playing vidya? Idk, doesn't seem like as much fun to me.

It's at least £200 at my """local""" track and it's a 140 mile round trip. There's also the slight issue of not actually owning a car.

I'm possibly going to go and see the 2017 Belgian Grand Prix with my dad, brother, and some family friends, and we've already said that we'll go around the Nurburgring because it's sorta in the area.

Because its a fucking forest preserve now

I only have one car and I don't want to fuck it up. Was thinking of buying some cheap rwd as a track car, any suggestions?

Miata

>Local "track" is a grass track in a field
>Don't let you on unless you have their required £300 a wheel tyres
>Next "track" over is a dirt oval
>£500 join fee, £100 a day use, only open on sunny days May-September
>Nearest actual track is Knockhill
>Every weekend is the shitty "experiences" where you pay £200 to drive a Ferrari for 5 minutes
>The rare occasion it is a track day, it's £250 + day insurance since road insurance doesn't cover track use and they don't let uninsured cars on the track

Fuck Scotland

Because I am too busy with university to be able to afford the expensive of tyres and mechanical problems that are more likely to occur when a car is pushed hard.

I am too busy working on my luxo barge at the moment that I have no time for to pay attention to my car that is modified for handling.

Are you retarded?

Australian tracks are often open to the public.. Are you like 17 or just retarded?

You will stop doing it when you grow up and have adult responsibilities.

Until then keep pretending you are pawl wowka in your busted ass miata or whatever shit box you drive.

go to a track for what?

>Why aren't you at your local track?

Nearest roadcourse is 3 hours each way.

I'm betting all the fags hating on track events here have probably never been to, let alone driven on a proper race track.

Don't hate what you don't understand.

I thought it was Mugello at first

Because I live in Oklahoma, one of the worst states for driving and we have maybe 1 track in Tulsa that isn't a straight line.

I really wanna get another car to hit up the Pittsburgh race complex, but I may just go drive the karts when it warms up some more.

>>tfw s10 and broke

not only is it not in any capacity a track car but also it probably wouldn't pass tech

Ya know, im on the ops team at COTA....