/fog/ - Fallout General

Dinner edition.

>/fog/ Mod Archive
fogmods.weebly.com

>CK
creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Main_Page

>Fallout 4 General Information (Read Before Asking Questions)
pastebin.com/UkxVHYQB

>Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Links
pastebin.com/x1yeAmcP

>The Art of Fallout 4
mega.nz/#!vQkWVLpD!nBOiJBqgYriOJNkjU8OqxSFOfpKJHYWT6wZunopd6Fg

>Fallout 4 Item IDs
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J9quAMtGK70aptz0t5teqWHGZJ9T9uvJmzNEBJEB36Q/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

>Fallout 4 Legendary Effects & IDs Guide
pastebin.com/qg0KhsCA

>Fallout 4 Settlement Mods & Information
pastebin.com/QJquVveh

>HOW TO CONVERT SKYRIM / OBLIVION / NV / FO3 ETC MODELS TO FO4 + Bodyslide Guide
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

>Fallout 3/NV
pastebin.com/wVAqLvCD

>Archive
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/fog/

>/aco/ Thread
(nsfw)

>/y/ Thread
(nsfw)

Pre-War Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

torrentfreak.com/feds-seize-kickasstorrents-domains-charge-owner-160720/
arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2016/07/kickasstorrents-alleged-founder-artem-vaulin-arrested-in-poland/?
jesawyer.tumblr.com/post/147719301911/how-and-why-did-the-firearms-used-in-fnv-get
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1st for the sociopath 5

Seems like a really random image to have the five Gundam Wing pilots in Fallout.

1st for fallout 4 being the superior post-apocalyptic experience.

wtb mod to GET RID of the fucking camera sway on guns like the revolver. It's so fucking bad. Shit makes me nauseous
Why isn't this a fucking thing baka I'd donate to whoever makes my dream a reality

What if I like all 5?

What then, baitposter?

>Person on the left has dropped the game completely for the next big thing

what hair mod this is?

It's interesting talking to normies about Fallout, I mentioned the series to one and he was like "I love that series, heck I even liked New Vegas"

Because apparently a statement of liking NV needs to be qualified among the normie population

xth for finding love and happiness in the harsh wasteland

>Oh my god, it's so booooooooriiiiing! A desert? Like, helloooooooo!

that's a legit complaint

the deserts in new vegas were tolerable at best for us autists and a nightmare im sure for normalfags

>tolerable
I prefer to think of them as "comfy" without having to feel the pain of real sunburn.

What they really lacked was the random encounters from 3.

>maybe Fallout 4 addons will be good!
>Automatron gets released, more minecraft shit
>its just the first dlc, maybe they're saving the best for the last
>wasteland workshop gets released
>more minecraft shit
>far harbor gets released
>great, a story dlc, maybe it'll be good
>its shit
>more two minecraft dlcs
>another shitty story dlc

Thanks, Todd.

>I prefer to think of them as "comfy"

that's a rare opinion even by Veeky Forums standards

>What they really lacked was the random encounters from 3.
This.

Also, NPCs felt a lot less alive then in Fallout 3 because they almost never moved beyond to walk 5 feet to their bed.

New Vegas felt almost like Morrowind, in a bad way, when it came to NPCs.

Like Obsidian couldn't get out of the mindset of an isometric game where 99% of NPCs stay in the exact same spot 24/7 because those kinds of games aren't made for large scale NPc movement.

When combined with the lack of random encounters, the world just felt a lot more dead, even though it was supposed to be far more alive due to the mojave region barely getting hit

New Vegas deserts were nice and comfortable, it actually felt like a real world.

>far harbor
>its shit

yeah, nah

go fuck yourself

>find mod that gets rid of 90% of the recoil on most guns
>but not the revolver
damn
Bless that man though

>Far Harbor
>shit
topkek

fuck's sake, KAT is DED

>torrentfreak.com/feds-seize-kickasstorrents-domains-charge-owner-160720/
>arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2016/07/kickasstorrents-alleged-founder-artem-vaulin-arrested-in-poland/?

>enjoying a DLC worse than Point Lookout

There ought to be laws against this kind of shit

>having such an unironically shit opinion

>FH
>worse then PL
not by a long shot

Even if it was, most everything is worse then Point Lookout, thats not saying much

Oh no, now you might need to get a job!

This desu
It's not worse than Point Lookout.
It's worse than Mothership Zeta.

>enjoying something that I don't

ftfy

>automatron
>more minecraft shit
>far harbor
>shit
Make like a tree and fuck off with your shitty opinions.

>Automatron gets released, more minecraft shit
What? How is Automatron minecraft?

Is paladin danse the easiest companion to get affinity with?
Literally everything you do on brotherhood missions gives him a metric ton of affinity

He caps out at half until most of the way through the MQ, after which you can't do brotherhood shit.

>caps out at half
He caps out at 999 affinity. His first three convos have nothing to do with him being a synth.

Well that makes things even easier.

>public trackers
lmao

>>Automatron gets released, more minecraft shit
>What? How is Automatron minecraft?

Building settlements, building robots, repairing and improving guns and armor, and cooking food is now Minecraft shit.

I am a NEET and will never work and I will die of cold and starvation but I WILL HAVE MY PRIDE!

Ive decided to be a serial killer in diamond city and to kill all the annoying people.

[+] myrna decapitated, brutally beat to death in home. I hid for 4 hours...
[+] moe cronin stabbed in the neck in an alley and body hid in his apartment. I stalked him in an alley
[ ] mcdonough if the fucker ever gets out of plain sight ill stab him in the ass with a bladed poolcue right in his private quarters.

That's nice.
But why would /fog/ care?

It adds to the dumb direction Bethesda is leading Fallout to.
Instead of adding good story dlcs, all they do is "here, more shift for you to craft!".

>Ive decided to be a serial killer in diamond city and to kill all the annoying people.

You are super duper cool, you are why the Karma System was removed, enjoy!

Idk just sharing my playthrough

are you kidding me? People talking about how they actually play the game is fine.

it's a nice change from mod politics, screenshots of impractical outfits, and offtopic shitposting

But whenever I do that people complain about me shilling wotc or whatever the fuck they don't like about people having fun

Cool, so you didn't play Automatron at all. Got it.

You get a grand total of 3 new settlement items in automatron. Also the plot is pretty fantastic if you do the final quest dressed as the Silver Shroud.

>want to put my unique hats in a place that makes sense
>can't put them in a dresser because hats don't belong in dressers
>no buildable hat-stand I can put them on like a magazine rack
>don't want to build entire mannequins just for hats
HAT-STANDS WHEN?

I'm not blatantly killing them in broad daylight user, im studying them and their day to day lives, then i isolate them and make their deaths prophetic. This is how I roleplay user. I do miss the karma system from fo3... but let me have fun with the game please

this desu
>can't talk about lore without someone going absolutely feral

>liking bar graph morality systems

put them on top of the dresser until hat stand.

>the plot is pretty fantastic

The plot is the weakest point of Automatron.
And crafting is not only in the settlement, the robots are also part of 'crafting'.

There might be a hat stand in the "funtional displays" mod, im not sure user

>want to get back into fo4 by doing a new modded run
>no wrye bash for fo4

Is MO usable yet?

What's wrong with good ol nmm? And what exactly is wyre bash i keep hearing about it but i have no idea what it does/is.

Yeah but it's crafting your own personal robot companions and settlers. How can you not love that?

And being the weakest part of something doesn't mean much when it's still rather strong.

fo4edit has a leveled list merge feature

Wrye Bash makes bashed patches, among doing other things to optimize load order/reduce incompatibilities/generally make life easier for your average modding pleb.
Ofc, since there are atleast 2 other programs that allow you to do the same thing for FO4...
Well, user just wants to be spoonfed is all.

Hey, I did enjoy Automatron, but it is still another Minecraft shit and part of why Fallout 4 is so bad.
If it was a flavour DLC among good dlcs, it would be okay, but the majority of 4 DLCs being Minecraft show Bethesda's intent and audience.

>being Minecraft show Bethesda's intent
Yeah, allowing the player to build things in a series all about humanity rebuilding after a massive nuclear war.

don't try arguing with them user, they won't be happy until we have a top down 2d turn-based RPG.

I still don't see how Automaton is minecraftian. The robot crafting just isn't really reminiscent of the game for me and it has enough of a plot and style to stand on it's own as a fun little side quest.

looks like a dude desu.

Idea: Fallout prequel, set immediately after the nuclear fallout had died down enough for people to start leaving the vaults

No main storyline of any kind, just several different vaults with goals of their own. Its up to you to trade with them peacefully, conquer them in war, create an alliance, sabotage and poison them, etc.

Oh, if only...
Instead of settlements evolving and having politics and stores and world interaction and quests, all we got was something for minecraft kiddies to enjoy.
But, yeah, all about rebuilding!

What the fuck.

New Vegas' NPCs were fine. It's just that you are used to Moira cleaning her big ass shop, but I'm guessing you never stood around Cliff enough to see him take a look at his boogers.

sounds boring DESU.

Also, BEthesda never does preqils, so it would never happen.

They even forced Obsidian to set NV after Fallout 3 because they refuse to do prequels, despite the fact Fo3 had no bearing on NV's plot.

You and I are a rare breed, my friend.

Come on... I had yet to download 7 more games.

>more vault shit
why not do the Resource Wars, and actually touch on how FO effected the rest of the world?
pre-war globes show the Red and Medi seas as kill.
I personally wanna see a middle east based FO, maybe around Jerusalem or something to give it some really eerie vibes, and touch on the old Christian superstitions that are prevalent in Americans.
C-can I join too?
I liked how everything has a different "theme" instead of more of the same

>pre-war globes show the Red and Medi seas as kill.
Actually, the pre-war maps show all inland bodies of water being dry, but its actually a known art error

Also, the game would be generational, when you die you play as your son/daughter ala crusader kings

You could decide to leave the vault early, when there's just constant radiation blanketing everywhere and hopefully build up a power base before the other vaults do or play safe about it

In what part of minecraft do you build robots?

Is it the punching trees part? Or is it the digging into the ground part?

>jesawyer.tumblr.com/post/147719301911/how-and-why-did-the-firearms-used-in-fnv-get

Reading shit like this fucking hurts because it shows what could've been. Makes me hate FO4 even more.

Fuck, wrong image.

Honestly, this sounds amazing.
A CK2-like Fallout game, only isometric, and then we have the normal Fallout timeline that can happen, like The Master and the SMs, NCR, but it can not happen depending on how many different things happened.

Shit, I dig this. I dig this a lot.

How big is the commonwealth on this map?

>Pirating games using KAT

The Commonwealth technically comprises the entire state of Massachusetts, though the in-game area is much smaller then that.

You could dump the in-game area into the Los Angeles metropolitan area, and still have some space left over

Sawyer is a pretty good developer.
I like reading his tumblr, it really shows how much thought he puts in his games.

I meant as in the area that the faction you pick takes. Or do they only take over that small area of the commonwealth?

As far as we know, the faction you pick only takes over the in-game area.

Though since Diamond City, Goodneighbor, and Bunker Hill are the largest settlements in the whole of the Commonwealth, they would effectively rule it all economically.

>4 towns
That doesn't seem like someone to start a small war over.

>Diamond City
>Goodneighbor
>Bunker Hill
>big

In a perfect world, the entire left half of this map would say "NCR" and the entire right half would say "Minutemen."

How would that be perfect?

You forget that the games are massively scaled down.

Fenway Park can seat 37,000 people, even though a fraction of that could actually live there due to housing being larger then a single seat obviously

Even still, we are looking at a population of several thousand people in Diamond City alone on a reasonable estimate.

dead

Most of those citizens were ghouls, they were forced to leave by Mayor McDouchebag better known as his designation F4-GT and were killed by Synths leaving the Stadium

It's more than anything the attention to details Sawyer and Co. put into NV. Bethesda thinks it's fine to prop up skeletons and teddy bears and thinks that's enough to cut corners everywhere else.

dude skeletons lmao

We also have to consider that the nuclear war killed off the overwhelming majority of people in the world, so even cities as small as Diamond City would be large by post war standards.

In the real world, California today has about 1/10 of the U.S.'s 380million population.

Even if we assume a population of 500 million in the pre-war U.S. of 2077(a high number) we know that the NCR, the largest post-war nation in the U.S., in both size and number, only reach a million+ people sometime between Fallout 2 and NV.

And that was after decades of rebuilding and taming the wasteland, as well as organized food produced and water supply routes, allowing people to spread faster.

We are talking about the population of the U.S. being reduced to less then 2% of its pre-war values, even in the most devloped state post-war.

Less developed places would have less then 1% of their pre-war populations.

A city of several thousand like Diamond City or Rivet City would be massive post-war.

>implying they'd hang on to the name MM instead of adopting a proper imperial title e.g. United Commonwealth States

captcha: gringos

Needs moar best game.

Where does the population of Diamond City / Boston come from?

Vault 81 and the gunner vaults are the only vaults that seemed to survive

>General, we're getting much larger. Perhaps we should give our territory a new name?
>Name it, 'Buy The Season Pass Or The Minute Men Will Glass Your Ass'

The Confederated States of America

Ed-E was cute but it always confused me that he had so little character until the release of Lonesome Road when he was basically being used to sell the game with that one trailer.

Seems like he didn't even act like a unique eyebot until LR, as I mentioned before, then he got some of the actual hints of a personality we saw before.