H Patterns

How does your H pattern ACTUALLY shift?

My E36.

Other urls found in this thread:

americanmuscle.com/whiteline-positive-shift-kit-1114.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Haha that's exactly what it feels like. Why is 5th always the slowest to shift into?

I have an automatic, it's superior to the manuel because you can use one hand for driving and the other hand to text your bae

Saab 9-3 turbo.

No clue why 5th is that way, but reverse has no synchro, grinds sometimes no matter what you try to do.

Reverse in my T-56 is the same. Unless you go very slowly and make yourself feel like a retard, it'll grind nice n' loud to make everyone else think you're a retard.

This nigga WILIN

xD nice one guys! Upboated, followed, sub'd

same in e30

my mk4 Jetta

Reverse is anal with no lube

Push the clutch in and bump the shifter into another gear before you hit reverse. Works every time in my Subaru.

Yeah, I do. Still isn't a sure bet. So far as I can tell its just an issue with the car, the guys on all the Saab forums I've found have similar reports.

Mustang with MT-82

>all these manualfags grinding and kicking
>meanwhile i'm cruising in serene comfort

heres one for the truck i drive at work

kek. Is it really that bad? It's a shame Ford cheaped out and stopped using Tremec transmissions in everything except the Shelby versions.

I know the bus driver never grinds a gear so you're always comfy.

The clunk is actually the 2-piece drive shaft from what I understand. 3rd in mine is pretty wonky though.

Hmmm, interesting. I hear very mixed things about the MT-82, I've never driven one so I can't say I know exactly how they are.

>he doesnt have drive sport

3rd and 4th are too damn close to 1st and 2nd, always end up shifting to 5th on accident from 2nd

98 Z28

Anyone here drive a Hardbody D21 with 300,000 miles?

Mine's newer so all gears are smooth as hell, execpt second

BRZ

If >5000 RPM :
Rev up those GRINDS

If

For some reason it feels like 3rd extends to the side, then 4th has a long travel and you need to be really careful with the clutch or it won't engage.
5th is hit or miss, too slow and you need to go back to 4th, too fast and it won't go in.
Reverse is basically hitting my knee.
That said, rarely I use anything over 3rd because of stoplights.

I drove one once, it only had long travel and sluggish reverse. I guess like every truck.

Am I the only person here with a working gearbox that used a normal pattern? Mine works like it's supposed to and the pattern matches what's on the shift knob.

>4th
>4th again

This 2bh

Like zees

"What synchronizer?"

Accidental rev bombs are no fun

Yip thats like my car perfect shifts from a 5speed box thats done 320k kms, engines done 165k km, its a 1998 wrx

>Bae
If only :(

What is 3 2 1 actually? Gears?

quit finding neutral, noob

fuggen blebs
Alfa Romeo 156

this

It's a good time.

'95 accord

Yes

No

Mine.

Akchully

NB Miata. My DD's transmission isn't fucked up badly enough to warrant a picture yet

Reverse/first is usually a lucky dip. audi s2

Maybe

Opel vivaro with 430000km

E?

Also, Citroën C8. Now with extra wobbling.

>E?
Overdrive

Its a few things.

One the shifter itself is shit I post a pic in another post. the bracket they use to hold the shifter in place is laughable at best.

Two the transmission mount is to soft. Frd did it to quiet drivetrain noise. Whiteline sells a bushing to fix that.
americanmuscle.com/whiteline-positive-shift-kit-1114.html
And the clunk is the 2 piece driveshaft. and the fix is a new driveshaft. Which isnt cheap.
Pic of my shift pattern with the sts i got

>Am I really in reverse
>Am I really in first
>Am I really in 6th

>Astra TwinTop 08'
>1.6 115bhp
>60000km
gearbox works just fine

R is for racing amirite

91 R32 GTS-t shifts like a dream

Infiniti G35 coupe

PUT IT IN H

i don't know

I'm noticing that most people's gears are fine besides Reverse. Why is this? not a mechanicfag so why is reverse the first to start having problems

its a fucking 240sx gearbox. don't pretend its some kind of special thing because its in a base model skyline.

Use first to synchronize it

The issue with mine is that it has a super long throw, it feels twice as long as my second one.

A 91 240sx if it matters

When it's warm, reverse is fine.
When it's cold, goddamn.

Took engine braking with third three times on the motorway to realise I had to treat the fucking thing like it owed me money.

Clio 4 1.5D

Reverse is the common one to get all weird because it's not like the rest, as obvious as it is.
There are safety features implemented so that you don't go into R as a mistake, such as having a longer throw than other gears, having a pull or push feature, a synchronizer that needs to match properly, etc.
Synchros are finicky, it's easy for them to get all grinded and so they lose bite so to speak and are less responsive. Sometimes your engine speed isn't matching well with R and you need to match it through different methods.
Owners who aren't careful throw cars into reverse without care and end up damaging the gear, so it's common to find it being a bitch in second hand cars.

>how it feels to shift into 5 in a 5spd

Behold, a Mercedes Benz 722.626.

My 06 miat

tfw perfect third to second rev match

I once drove my dad's '05 ford focus that was in Mexico for a year.

I was in good condition when we took it over there, but after a year, it was shit.

Drove my buddy's scion once. I swear I fuckig held it left before I pushed up, but I stalled the car once, then had to ride the clutch to get moving. Once I had the car in motion, I realized I had been in third the whole time.

Felt like a dumbass.

Change your shifter bushings guys, it makes that floppy erectile dysfunction shifter nice and stiff

Audi A4

It clunks if you look at funny.

Focus ST MK III

But it really shifts pretty well for a 31 year old Nintendo Shitcube.

Seems like someone has some organic background.

I drove a Dualis once, same problem. I kept starting from 3rd.

Anyway, I can't be bothered drawing it, but my friends '94 Liberty felt like it was in neutral when it was in gear. The stick would just flop all over the place.

Forgot a lot of it, just like all those foreign languages I tried to learn. I wish I studied more seriously back then.

07 mustang gt, for the love of God I need a short throw.

My 328i

my friends civic is like that. the shifter wobbles around like a dildo. hits each of the seats too. shit si so fucking loose.

Fucking Rover

>unsynchronized 1st and reverse in 2004

'99 Legacy GT

>owning a rover

wow and I thought this board was for car enthusiasts

This is the pattern that my f250 has except 1 is useless unless towing and 3 sticks a little on the throw into it

It's technically an MG, but it's all rover bits

why don't they just say 1-2-3-4 instead of L-1-2-3

are truck drivers too dumb to know 1 is less than 2?

Just shift to first before you go to reverse all while the clutch is pressed in

Stick a manual boost controller on a 1.8 turbo Rover. They should have let that beast loose and charged 5k more for it new