What have you bought for your car lately, Veeky Forums?

What have you bought for your car lately, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8fIDYh0csvo
improvedracing.com/oil-thermostats/high-flow-engine-oil-cooler-thermostat-185f-p-212.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

gas

Solid shifter, solid shift bushing, shifter springs, billet hand brake lever, spin turn button, and little things like bulbs and fluids.

Soon gonna buy a clutch and flywheel

gas and a sponge to clean the car with

A speedo cable for my old car.

Looks like I have to take the entire dash apart to attach it. Just fuck my shit up senpai.

Mobil1 0w40 synthetic and fram ultra filter

this and 50ft of 8AN line and fittings and 6" 100 micron russell fuel filter

>KW v3 coilovers (not in the frame)
>H&R stabilizers
>new connecting rods
>new wheel bearings
>Audi S3 aluminum wheel bearings housing (knuckle(?))
>Audi S3 aluminum lower control arms
>Super Pro Anti Lift Kit
>new track rod ends
>Audi S3 brake cooling kit
>new Ferdodo DS Performance brake pads

The plates are gonna take a while....

New taillight bulbs a few minutes ago.

Oh and this.

A transaxle oil seal because my transmission was leaking from the old one.

Just bought some new rotors for my girlfriend's car. I really enjoy doing brake work so I'm kinda excited for them to come.

A cousin that relieves it of DD status so it can go sit in a comfy indoor spot

does that have a thermostatic oil cooler bypass built in?

OEM 'yota parts

New rare quarter window clips, starter plunger and contacts, and a distributor rebuild kit.

why have you bought 4 fittings when you only need 2? and what kind of poverty tier oil cooler is that lmao.

CV axle and a valve cover gasket are the most recent I bought for this old thing.

A few things.

>crate 350
>had he th350c rebuilt
>headers, mufflers, exhaust
>intake, carb, cap, rotor, ceramic spark plug wires
>basically everything

Only thing off the old motor is the already new alternator and fuel pump, and original power steering pump.

That thing is clean af, love me a big N/A motor.

Very tasteful

Plugs, wires, oem oil filter and oil, battery, tires, new EGR vaccum solonoid.

Next on the list is timing belts and water pump and valve cover gaskets.

>new spark plugs
>new spark plug wires
>new distributor cap
>new distributor rotor
>new gaskets
>fuel injector rebuild kit
>new radiator
>new coolant hoses
>new thermostat
>new oil pan
>new pcv valve
>new fuel filter
>new air filter
>mfw doesn't start now...

>Not replacing your body and sub frame as well.

A new wheel. I pulled a boneheaded move and went 100mph in a go kart without first checking all my lugnuts on all corners. Shit went bouncing past me and I finally understood why the handling was so fucked up. I found it in the grass but magnesium wheels on steel hubs means the holes were now all ovals.

hell, if I had money, I would buy a new car so I wouldn't have to deal with the dumbass consequences from the maintenance the retarded previous owners didn't do

trans fluid and filter kit at oreilly's

>they still haven't called me if it's there or not

>filename
your gf drives an s2k?

u serious? pics?

Probably a stock pic, otherwise best gf ever.

Sadly I did not have the camera rolling at the time, it would have made for a pretty funny video. I don't record every practice session, gotta save battery for the racing. Here's my onboard from the race itself though. Finished 2nd out of 26 starting. youtu.be/8fIDYh0csvo

Oil cooler? Ayy OP are you gonna boso your ride?

Should have bought one of these:

improvedracing.com/oil-thermostats/high-flow-engine-oil-cooler-thermostat-185f-p-212.html

this emblem for my truck

just bought some rear rotors/hardware, pads, new bushings for my front lower control arms, camber bolts, brake lines, probably some other stuff too have to look through my pile

lol wrx?

Are your tires fucked, or is that pick-up?

>EBC Greenstuff pads for the front brakes
>Replacement Koni Yellow shock for the front left, current one blown and pissing fluid
>set of thin side moldings

This blown shock squeaks like fucking crazy. Still waiting all that in the mail.

Turbo and IC

I just need piping and injectors.

Also thicker swaybars.

wrx's have ecu controlled ignition, no dizzy

Wow what a mess.

Bought a supercharger kit for $9k, my mod budget for several months is spent. After I got it, I started craving a set of wheels (currently on OEM) and an exhaust (picks up about 40whp, is restrictive to supercharger.) So for now, no more mods :(

Thanks, turned out pretty good for a 2 weekend swap with as much shit there was to be done and how many things fought back.

Oil filter, oil. It'll arrive by next weekend with any luck.

And I'm putting money aside for new brake disks and pads. Both have worn out together, so I'm using up the last of the pads before replacing.

too much

the joys of having four road going cars

Just about to buy:
New headlight bulbs, battery,take off trunk and rear bumper, already got new carpet. Just touching up my DD, no fun car at the moment.

To what are you referring specifically? No fucked tires that day. At the beginning there's probably pickup but it should be all flung off within a lap or so. Its normal for strings of rubber to fling off occasionally while driving too.

Finished turbo upgrade 2 days ago along with a new head gasket

Looks like there's still a lot sticking to the inside of the tire. Or, alternatively, holes/dents/chunks missing,
Might just be shading, but it's really consistent.

front license plate mount since the previous owner just drilled the license plate through the bumper like a jackass

A CV axle and a ball joint.
Ball joint took about 5 minutes. I still haven't started the cv axle. I'm so damn lazy these days.

Bought a couple of plastic pieces that connect the coolant hoses to the block and head. Apparently these parts get brittle over time and can catastrophically fail resulting in the car dumping all the coolant while driving, and I'm fairly certain these are the culprits of my phantom coolant leak. Fucking german engineering.

same

moved interstate so I had to buy a bunch of bushings. went with stiffer urethane bushings.

mechanic doing the MOT inspection also decided to be a pedantic fuckwit and demand I buy all new bulbs because they were "dull" while checking them in direct sunlight even though they were only 6 months old. whatever, replaced them and kept the old ones as proof of changing them.

pcv valve and head gasket manifold

My car has been primer grey for over 5 years now, I just got it painted a nice midnight blue after making sure there wasn't any rust problems.

Both CV axles.

90s civic

Oil pump, water pump, and a knock sensor for my truck. An O ring was brittle and cracked in the oil pump so sometimes my truck wouldn't want to get oil pressure on startup. It uses to get like 40 pounds, now it gets 60. Good stuff

I bought it separately for $90

My car succumbed to overheating so im doing this as a preventative measure for the future after the top end rebuild.

>surely you had noticed the headgasket and headstuds

Buying an ECU for my D16 turbonater build tomorrow