Comfy Cars

What's the absolute softest riding, easiest car to drive on the market today?

The ride needs to be soft, and it needs to be easy to get in and out of. Something that old people and disabled fucks like my sorry ass would drive. I was looking at Buick's offerings, as well as some of what Lexus had to offer. Nothing super expensive, trying to keep it as inexpensive as possible.

Also considering used cars within the past 1-2 years.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ScpgI1w5F6A
mercedes-benz.com/en/mercedes-benz/innovation/magic-body-control/
youtube.com/watch?v=RQsMfHg6jIE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Buy a used 2005 Bentley. Can be had for cheap and they are bullet proof. Maintenance and repairs are surprisingly cheap as well. You won't regret it.

Get a small SUV like a GLK. My boss has two artificial hips and a host of health problems, loves his GLK with the tarbo diesel

forgot pic

Citroen C6.

300C

i c wut u did thar

That fucking thread...

That was my thinking. As much as Veeky Forums hates crossovers/small SUVs I eas thinking of the GLK, Lexus NX, Buick Encore, or Volvo XC60.

The turbo diesel version is the BlueTEC, correct?

Not in my country.

FCA

'no'

Sucks to be a burger then.

>That was my thinking. As much as Veeky Forums hates crossovers/small SUVs I eas thinking of the GLK, Lexus NX, Buick Encore, or Volvo XC60.
>The turbo diesel version is the BlueTEC, correct?

If you're looking at something that's easy to get into/out of, a small SUV is probably the right height to consider. The X1 is okay to drive but it won't ride as nice as the Benz.

That's right, the BlueTEC is a turbo diesel. He gets amazing fuel economy, nearly 1000km on a tank for 80/20 highway/city.

No, I'm perfectly happy being an American. I'm not a big fan of Citroen anyways, when I went to Yurop we drove a Citroen C4 and C5. Maybe because they were rentals.

My only concern with getting a GLK or X1 over an Encore, NX, or MKC is general maintenance costs.

Are BMWs/Mercs really that bad in terms of cost to own, or would I not really be worried about that?

I've never owned a Merc and I've only had a BMW for about six months... just considering the cost of parts and labour though I probably wouldn't own one out of warranty.

Thanks

It'd be new, or a couple years old and bought under warranty from a Mercedes or BMW dealership.

What does Veeky Forums think about the Buick Encore? I think it fits the bill, because my aunt just bought one, she says it rides soft, the seats are comfy, the ride height makes it easy for her to get in and out, and it's much more affordable than some other offerings like the GLK, X1, RDX, etc.

if you want to be able to afford the repairs and have little maintenance to do go for
Lexus, Acura, Honda Accord

If you are a rich fag
BMW

Not rich but the money is there, which is why I'd prefer something that's a little easy on maintenance in the long run.

Buick Enclave, Buick Lacrosse, Cadillac XTS, Lexus RX, Lexus ES, Mercedes GLK, Mercedes E-Class, Audi A6, Lincoln MKS, Lincoln MKX, Lincoln MKC,

Can confirm. It's raised ride height adds a lot of travel to the shocks. Considering it's based on a cheapo C-Class, sold at $35,000 and can actually go off road it's pretty damn high up there in terms of comfort. Feels better than an E-Class.

Thanks dude, appreciate it.

Have a good night. I'm sure the thread will be up tomorrow, but I'll have to do a bit more research and snoop around at some dealerships.

By the way, do you think there are any non-premium/luxury branded cars that have a similar soft ride profile? While I'm open to spending up to $40k, I am a frugal kike and want to save money wherever possible. Or is part of the 'luxury' aspect of these cars the softer rides and comfier seats?

I know this is a troll but my pretentious Spic neighbors have an Arnage and maintain it for about what my dad does for his 535i. It's engine is at it's core just a BMW V8. It falls apart about as often as BMW does, but most of the underpinnings are BMW shit and they can be serviced at independent BMW shops. They'll fuck you if they think you can but if you go in acting like dick and letting them know you know it's just a BMW with a bodykit they'll price accordingly. Trim, bodywork and interior shit, is what's unique on Bentleys and hard to replace.

The Hyundai Equus comes close, but I hear they start to fall apart after 5 years. The Kia K900 is absolutely as comfy as those vehicles I mentioned above but I barely see any used and they're about $46,000 new I think. The Lexus ES is under $40,000 in base trim new by the way and is near the top of the comfy spectrum. Mercedes GLC, Buick Lacrosse, Mercedes GLC, Lincoln MKZ and MKC are all under $40,000 new too.

Pic related, this is easy assuming you mean something modern. I've spent a lot of time in one, for comfort they are unbeatable. I've been in $100k "luxury" cars that had a lot more gizmos but didn't hold a candle to the comfort.

Out of all time periods, you're looking for 70s full size Cadillac/Lincoln offerings.

literally every car can go off road you dumb mall crawler

Meant to add, this gen still has a Northstar but thy had fixed the head gasket bolt nightmare. Not quite your 1-2 year thing but it's far superior to the XTS that replaced it.

Dunno, niggas. My mom drives 2.0d one and it isnt particulary plush. But the most important thing that it isnt reliable for shit... maybe we were just unlucky with this particular car

Buicks aren't that comfy anymore. Around 2010 they started trying hard to attract younger buyers which means sportier suspensions.

Anyways.
>soft ride
>easy to get in and out of

Fiat 500. Test drive one. You'll be shocked how comfy it is and how easy to get in and out of it is.

if this is true I'd love to have a $20,000 2005 Bentley. not because I think I'd be hot shit but because it would be hilarious and it's a nice car.

What was the thread you're referring to? Is it archived anywhere ?

requesting links to archived thread

Lincoln MKZ.

Mercedes Benz with magic body control.
youtube.com/watch?v=ScpgI1w5F6A

mercedes-benz.com/en/mercedes-benz/innovation/magic-body-control/

youtube.com/watch?v=RQsMfHg6jIE

I was going to the Buick dealership to check out a car, and a tornado hit our car directly.

Welp, looks like that's God's way of telling me to not buy GM.

Wait so you're out of a car now, or do you mean it hit the car you were looking at

Our car got hit

Mostly just dents and scratches, it was an EF-0 tornado, but it was certainly an experience.