These threads are kill

It always sounds so weird when people pronounce it "Nii-san"

I'm in a turbo z. These guys are after me.. But they can't catch me

That's how it's pronounced. Nismo is also pronounced as "Nii-smo"

like "knee-sawn"? and "knee-zmo"?

Listen here

youtube.com/watch?v=S0xClWHttjI

That's the correct pronunciation.
Us Brits just say "Nih-san" because it doesn't sound retarded. Like "Nyke" instead of "Ny-kee".

threads going to die, just keeping it afloat. some aussies take my place while I sleep

... And then on Craigslist it's a reality

chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/5485581499.html

I found a cool image searching for more information on the 270r

Z>S>R desu

>R390 GT1 Road Car
>Nismo 400R

What kind of Silvia/200sx in that background?

Keeping thread alive. Finally ordered my p/s rack rebuild kit and wheels. Woo

grats bro, i guess i'll just entertain you with the progress of my shitbox (s13 with ka)to add to the bumps. put everything back together, engine tranny, all of it, finished wiring, went to start it and the guy that did the timing before i got the car was way off so the pistons hit the head. took a risk and it fucked me, so i stripped everything and am slowly selling off what i can. some im just giving away, buddy asked for the fuel rail, injectors, and fpr so i just gave it to him for $10 for a new hat and shipping. someone texted me about the tranny and head today so hopefully that works out. going to use this time to strip everything and prep the car for an rb25det

Fairly sure that's a 270R bro, not sure though. I'm sure google will halp.

Kind of can't be fucked doing anything with my car at the moment. Fairly sure it has no gearbox oil left so I'm probably going to just let it sit until I can be fucked fixing it.

S14A

said no one ever

R>S>Z

Z chassis are a shit

S chassis gud (S30 grouped in there)

R chassis a best

What makes the Z chassis shit though? The drive train? Because I thought the chassis was pretty good.

All overweight and have shit tier engines

So, a more powerful, reliable and lighter engine would be a decent fix by that mindset.

LS swap it is.

Would a comma have helped your reading comprehension

I think he jelly

I'm gonna get killed for it, but if in burgerland just grab an LS.

i would love to, but the price of the rb justifies it. 3k for rb25det and 5speed tranny then 1k to make it fit, vs 2.5k for ls 2k for t56 2k to make it fit. i just cant justify it, even if in the long run the cheaper more available parts would be great.

The check engine light in my 91 240sx is only on when my car is not running, but is in the "on" position. Any ideas on what it could be?

security light comes on when i turn key in 300zx, won't start
how can i bypass the security?

beauty color

u cant be serious....

Is it blinking?

I'm mechanically retarded. I'm not joking. I wanted to ask here because I couldn't find anything online.

solid

z32.wikispaces.com/Theft Warning System

Try closing driver door, locking it then unlocking with key

i saw that on a site, didn't work for me

can i pop the fuses out of the theft warning relay?

Not sure, never tried.

A solid light usually means it thinks the car is still locked.
Maybe hood switch is bad?

I guess starting it is key for you for now.
If removing the relay doesn't work, you might have to short it to always be on

It's almost guaranteed to be a low oil pressure warning, because there is no oil going through your engine but the electronics don't know the difference between "ON" and "Engine is ON"

I'll check my oil tomorrow, thank you.

wait wut.

Don't troll the silvia noobs

I don't think he is wrong though, my engine seems to be running a little rougher. I'll definitely check tomorrow though.

Today I finally started working on my car after letting it sit outside doing nothing for 4 years. It's going to take me at least 57 years to get it looking nice again. I started by polishing the coilpack cover, sanding and primering my bov, and tomorrow I'm going to pull the cam covers off and give them a good wack of dark grey paint.

At least it's not moldy inside, but fuck me, the engine bay pretty much needs a full resto. I need to buy a cheap mig welder, too, as there's some rusty bits in the bay that need fixing.

>4 years

d-does it run?

No idea. Ran fine when I parked it (lol). Will be a while before I try to get it running again. I managed to get an SR started and running fine that had been sitting for 5 years once, so I'm hoping the RB will be similar.

have fun draining the old gas out :}

I enjoy a challenge

If you can start an SR an RB shouldn't be a problem ;p

>pronouncing it "a-lu-min-i-um" when it doesn't even have the second "i"
No.

the original spelling was wrong.
It should be "-nium" like the other elements.
In the science field, it's spelled with "-nium"

This is basically like imperial vs. metric

That said, Brit pronunciation of nissan is pants on head retarded

but them being able to actually import Skylines isn't

Oddball question here. How many variations are there of the s15 steering wheel? I've heard the spec S and spec R have different colored stiching and that Variettas might have black front trim instead of the gunmetal/silver trim pieces.

Veeky Forums's thoughts on z31?

it didn't work, took relay out and alarm goes off as soon as the battery has power. that paired with a old battery and it won't start, not even turn over. lights turn on inside when turning key which is a start

i guess it might work with a newer battery but as it is the horn just sucks up all the juice.

how to remove horn relay? proving to be a bitch so far

Fantastic cars. Easy to find parts for if you have a junkyard near you. Definently not fast stock. Don't buy a 2+2 and don't buy an automatic, they suck. Not a huge aftermarket but enough to be fun.

My understanding was that the only difference was between the ADM and JDM (ADM having the Nissan logo, and JDM having the lightning bolt S logo). There's probably differences between the GT and non GT trims too.

gee why does the rich arab boy get TWO Zs

thx

found an 85 for 2800 smackeroonies with only 128000 KM and I'm getting REAL interested in it

if anyone wants those white 350z wheels
they are for sale
500 buggs
Suwanee Georgia

>non turbo
Fucking casual

>no polished stainless steel tailpipes
you're the casual

literally open downpipes

Lol i have some i just need to get around to putting them on

doesn't look like he's building a track car

but there's only 1 tip on each side :(

youtube.com/watch?v=mFrn9wqvs9A
gawd damn this thing sounds mean

i had dual tips for a while back when i was NA, i dont mind the big fart can look desu

old phone fell off the back of my car & got ran over a few times so lost my build list & all the progression pics of my shitbox.

That said anyone got SR20 turbo & cams upgrade suggestions?
leaning towards Garrett GT2871R or GT3071R since I want usable power to come on soon, but still unsure of what cams are decent, plus most cammed SR's sound like wet farts aside from

kouki

>implying the VG30DETT isn't the shit
it's a tight fit, but it is god tier

I'm just going off of brochures here so don't take this as fact.
>Spec-S: Plain black
>Spec-R, Spec-S Aero and Varietta: Metal trim w/ red stitching
>L Package: Metal trim w/ silver stitching
>Style-A: Metal trim w/ top and bottom panels in cream w/ matching stitching
>Optional: Metal trim w/ left and right panels in red, orange or blue w/ matching stitching.
There were also 2 optional MOMO wheels.

I can only recall seeing the following on AUDM S15s.
>Non-GT models: Plain black. Nissan horn pad
>GT models: Metal trim w/ red stitching. Nissan horn pad.

Does anyone have a chart of all the S-platform cars and equivalents across Japan, NA and Europe?

Pretty big difference between the 2871 and the 3071. Depends what you want, if you are keen on a big turbo you may aswell save up and go gtx series with a twin scroll rear. For the street a 2871R would be good fun, a 3071 would take a bit more effort to keep on boost obviously. Look up some dyno threads for SR's and see what kind of setup suits you is my advice.

Having an rb20 I never really looked into cams because most people tell me they aren't worth it on an engine that doesn't make high end power. From what I can gather cams literally just shift your power band higher into the RPMs and give you more go up top, which we all know doesn't end well with SR's.. saying that my mate had pomcams in his and that thing sounded pretty mean for a 4cyl.

For better sound and sum powa gainz have a look into exhaust manifolds. Might see if I can upload a video of how mine sounds with the manifold I run now. I know it's a different engine but SR's do sound pretty good with a nice manifold.

Well that took like 2 minutes to do. Don't really have a before video but that's how it sounds now.

youtu.be/6uhF3VYDTgU

For cams it seems stock with cam gears is the answer if you actually want low end & the GT2871r would be the most usable on the powerband.
Only really wanting to go big turbo to get over the 400hp mark & keep up with my friends since they're all finishing their cars with stupid horsepower for "street cars." Seeing how the GN just got started for the first time since the engine was built & is probably just north of 700hp now & even my girlfriends Supra is gonna be in the 400-500hp range when its done & running.

This is extremely helpful thanks. Im in the states and just scored a spec r s15 wheel for 60$ from a buddy and it has metal trim with red stitching. Just wanted to make sure since I know I've seen solid black before.

Yep that's what I've been told, I'd still keep VCT assuming you have an SR with that though.

I'd say for 400 you would almost need the 3071, unless you can run e85 I think a 2871 would struggle to flow enough for 400hp.

My girlfriend can't even drive a 100hp car properly haha! Need to teach her how to drive because she's useless at it.

only one e85 gas station near me & its 40mins away. but do plan on going meth injection with 93 pump gas for high boost on whatever turbo i get for keeping my engine happy/alive longer

So is anyone working on tjat banner

new radio boys

jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/5558683918.html

Do you think I can talk him down to 4500? Also in a previous ad for it he said it has perfect black paint under the plastidip.

>every 240sx in my area is either engine swapped or turbo
>they all want over $5000 for them
JUST

where'd you buy it ?

i want one so bad for my bmw, but apparently they're not sold in the US?

got one off ebay www.ebay.co.uk/itm/351250566709

all the ones around me are completely fucked or auto with blown motor for 2500. scored mine torn apart but came with most things for 1k timing was off and engine was dicked but I'll be making that money back from parting out the engine and tranny.

knoxville.craigslist.org/cto/5516853725.html

>want to go to Japan with mates this summer but also want coilovers
wut do

You know what to do

I think raindrops on silver cars is my new fetish

If I get enough work and live like a spartan between now and then, I could very well manage both. As a side note, any recommendations for coilovers?

20 years from now which will you think will give you unforgetable memories?

A trip with friends overseas?

A piece of metal and plastic?

It's ridiculous idiots like yourself have doubts about which one to chose.

Stock. Keep the money and invest it in something worth.

Not that your childish brain will understand.

Get off your high horse, bub. I love my car, and I love working on her. Going to Japan for a week is cool, but with the Canadian dollar as shit as it is right now, it might not be entirely worth it for me. Memories can be made in either case.

Listen to someone that clearly knows what hes talking about kid. Don't be a dick and stop making excuses.

Experiences come first to material goods.