If mommy and daddy bought it, it doesn't count

>if mommy and daddy bought it, it doesn't count

>mom has a good job
>buys me a 350z for my first car
>other people give me shit about how I didn't earned it

Do you guy's believe in this saying?

I do know. Thanks doge.

Well strictly speaking, you didn't.

You're no better than a welfare queen. Only difference is they have to fill out an application.

Earn your keep.

not really the car I would expect people to give you shit about but yes. you will not respect or appreciate the car as much as if you had bought it yourself and that's a fact.

>I didn't earned it
Well you didn't. I mean I really don't give a fuck, but you're not gonna hear the end of it.

what doesn't count? The status? Well duh you didn't earn shit. Other wise why does it matter if you drive a fun as fuck car

I do cringe when I see a 18y old asian girl driving a fat new merc saloon and I wonder why they'd make such a boring choice.

if your name is not on the title or you don't pay for its insurance it is not your car

No, as long as you're not a cunt and shove what your parents bought you in other people's faces, I don't care.

Frankly, I wish my parents bought me a car. Given the current state of American schools where kids have to work more and more, homework is measured in hours, and school days last longer, I don't exactly fault kids for not getting jobs. Shit, the job market in some places are absolutely abysmal. I used to work manual labor jobs to earn cash during high school, and now those jobs are being replaced for dirt cheap illegal labor.

It's because it's a 350Z.
If it was a 15-20 year old econobox no one would give a shit. You shouldn't buy your kid a sports car

ain't nothing wrong with having nice things bought by your parents. If you were a parent and you could afford it, you'd do the same. Just don't go around acting like a "baller".

well yeah.
>autist kids parents buy him a nice car
>women dont want johnny who still lives with mummy and still have mummy buy all his toys and do his laundry.
women want a man, not a mommys boy.

that said, dont lord up how you have a great car or people will knock you down. just talk about how amazing your parents are for doing something so great for you.

but i wouldnt. it's a really stupid idea. at best, you buy your kid a weak econobox because the goal of buying your kid a nice car isnt to buy this

Not op but my parents are paying for my insurance on my car but I'm the one making the car note, so is officially my car?
(Its a '14 sti btw)

Why not?

Not trying to be a special snowflake, but while my parents didn't buy me a car, I did drive my dad's Porsche 944 and Cayman GTS. It wasn't hard, and while they are on the slower side for sports cars they never felt overwhelming.

Then again, I mostly drive like an old woman.

>2016
>not buying your kid a sports car so that he can enjoy the pleasures of Veeky Forums
>not telling him you are lending him money and that he has to pay you back at full to teach him responsability and discipline
>not giving him the whole money back after he pay you in full, to teach him the wonders of saving money

you will all be shit-tier parents

It wouldn't matter if your mommy and or daddy bought you a 500 dollar Nissan Stanza. You still didn't earn it.

>I'm the one making the car note, so is officially my car?
No!. Until it's paid off it's the Banks car. Also Pay your own insurance faggot.

actually isn't insurance usually cheaper if you buy it through some family plan? idk.

A 350Z is a $6000-9000 car nowadays. No different than him getting a 10 year old econoshitbox.

if you are a teenager, yes. But all this means is your parents insurance goes up.

Who gives a shit? You got a nice car, your mom GAVE it to you so It's yours. Ignore the assmad autists who have grown up in poverty and been taught to hate them with money.
Fuck peoples opinions, have fun with your 350z

6-9k =/= 1000 or less
And that's a pretty good price too, they go for way more over here.

I'm not even going to bother reading the thread because I can guess what it looks like.
Veeky Forums is full of madpoors. They're angry they grew up with less opportunity than your average middle class burger, and take it out on anybody who didn't throw an autistic shitfit and refuse a free car. It's part jealousy and part rage at their own financial situation.

Difference us, one us taken by the government and redistributed, under the threat of violence and ones voluntarily gifted.

The latter's not exactly noble, but not the same as the former either.

>could have had a mk2 injected fiesta with 400K km for free, slightly rusted though
>mfw could've had a mint mk4 Golf 1.9TDI with ~300K km for free
>declined because I didn't want/need a car and didn't want to pay insurance
>bought a E36 316i with 200K km a year later

Boy I sure feel like a retard but atleast it's a pretty looking car and boy it's fun cornering in narrow streets.

people respect cars because of the hard work it takes to get a decent one

you didnt do the work so you dont get respect

So you're here on Veeky Forums to offer your respect to people who at one point had enough money to buy a nice car? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say probably not.

Cars are cool machines and people take an interest in them because they do neat things like go fast and skid and massage our butts. Presumably you're here to talk about that stuff, not how everyone affords their car.

What sort of ghetto trash are you talking about "respect" all the time when you just mean money?

This so much.

Yes. You didn't earn it, your mommy earned it, and you'll wrap it around a tree within a year.

how did you earn it?

No. Lucky you. It's hardly a super expensive exotic anyway.

They're just jealous. People in life will ALWAYS try to find something to shit on you just to make you feel less worthy than them.
Now imagine if you bought the car with your own money, earned doing some cool job.
>Oh, but couldn't you get a 370 at least?
>Nice 370, but M3 is the shit man haha.
>and so on
You get the idea, it's not just about cars.

>itt rich kids deny their privilege

Parents helped me buy my car because I earn shit wages. I'm paying them back slowly though. Does that count?

>it was a £1400 hatchback, so not anything outrageous

What if they sold me their old car, but below market value?

>doesn't understand respect
>contempt for blue collar people
>appropriating blue collar car culture

>>if mommy and daddy bought it, it doesn't count

As long as you're not going around bragging about your car, sure.

An old friend of mine in HS had his parents purchase an 08' Ford Mustang GT for him as an early graduation gift.
>Everyday he'd tell our group how fast it was
>How it would run laps around our cars
>How it doesn't need to be worked on constantly
>This went on right up till graduation
>It got to the point I finally said you didn't buy it nor work for it
>Hurrr yes I did hurrr I got a 3.2gpa hurrrr
>"You're just jealous you didn't get one"
>No user, I'm just tired of hearing about how you'll beat us in a race every single day
>You don't even have a job
>You don't pay for insurance
>You don't pay for fuel
>You don't even pay for your speeding tickets
>That's why we're tired of hearing about your car
>He quit talking to us after that and said we're jealous because our parents are losers
>He's 24 now still driving the same car and still living with his parents
>Always posting his 'mad cash' on Facebook in his car

I love the mustang. I just hate the culture around the mustang.

Don't act superior because of something your parents accomplished. That is all.

Parents bought me pic related.

Everyone gets asshurt when they find out my parents paid for it and that I don't even have a job.

I just love cars and modding so it's a hobby and passion for me

>no one understands me

>How it doesn't need to be worked on constantly
Where's the fun in that?

Are you this guy?

My grandpa died and I got his 2003 GMC Senoma and his 1999 Buick Park Avenue Ultra. I don't think it's an issue, but I'm sure some more poor people are bitter

I got 10k from my grandmother when I turned 18 from investments.

My parents knew that she invests a small amount of money each time a grandchild is born, but didn't know that there was so much. I didn't know there was any money for me until she gave me a check when I saw her a week after my 18th. I haven't bought a car yet, but I'll be doing it soon.

Is this the same thing?

>being blue collar
>blue collar anything

Do you have the title in hand?

Ehs

I think it's fine famalam. People will just be assmad you got a nice car while they staffed a McD's drive-through for two summers and all they got from it was a 15 year old Civic. I mean, if your parents gave you their beat to shit, 10 year old Corolla, 95% of the people crying "you didn't earn it!1" and "yuh havta BUY the car or it means NOTHING" wouldn't bat an eye.

>blue collar x culture

Top fucking kek. Let me guess, you like shitty new-age country music.

>I come home from werk covered in dirt and sweaaaty
>I kiss my pigfat wife named Beeeetty
>I werk all day and then I sayng
>Cuz' this is just a cuntry thang
>Yehaw!

>parents say I could have a 15k budget for a first car
>holy shit that's a lot
>end up in a NA miat so I can learn how to work on cars and because driving a 15k car would be weird
My reasoning was that they already spend a lot of money raising me, and I might be able to pay them back for the miat in the near future.

Paying back an older generation for gifts is retarded. You're just setting that money up to get taxed again.

Them giving you gifts is a way to beat the IRS and give you a leg up in life at the same time, not just spoil you for no reason. Trust their judgement and help them out if they end up really needing help.

Funny thing is now that I'm an older fucker I can pay cash for anything under $80K, but if I buy something fun I'll be told I'm having a midlife crisis.

You can't win with haters, so fuck 'em. Live your life and laugh. We'll all be dead in 100 years.

no if someone gave it to you it's yours
your mom works hard and wanted to give you something nice
>hurr durr you didn't put yourself into debt to get it

My parents bought me a generic Saturn econobox. I didn't earn it, and you didn't earn yours either. Don't be like the guy in that shit is annoying

ITT: The Bernie Hivemind
>We hate people with more money than us!

>so many people butthurt that their parents were poor, or never bought them anything

Doesn't fucking matter who bought it for you. As long as -you- know how to drive it, fix it, and care for it.

>if mommy and daddy bought it, it doesn't count

Of course it doesn't. If you are still living under their financial protection, you haven't yet made a life of your own.

In order to be a truly good person, you should experience both success and failure, where the risks you take don't always work out. You should experience what it's like to be hopelessly poor as well as wealthy. If you have a lot of life experience, you'll appreciate things more.

>to be a good person
>you should
Pure ideology

they're just jealous

if one of your idiot friends won the lottery, do you think they'd turn it down because they "didn't earn it"?

Not really but if anyone asks just say you cashed in investments to buy the car

It's fine to have it, but generally people treat gifts differently than they treat a car they've bought with their own money. There are a bunch of retarded rich chinese kids near where I live with astons and m6s and shit, and every couple of weeks I see one of them crashed on the road, and a few weeks later a brand new SL63 or something being driven by yet another 21 year old chinese kid

There's no real status awarded merely for car ownership, but buying your own car with money you've worked for is an actual accomplishment in life

I'm not upset unless you take something like a 350z you didn't have to pay for for granted and don't take good care of it and drive like a retard and mod it like a retard.

Tasteful and well done mods okay, but don't be a faggot. Be nice to your parents. Have fun responsibly. Don't lord it over less fortunate ones.

It's a good car, take care of it and it'll give you good times. Also, when you want to resell it, it will hold more value.

>for car ownersh
dont buy a car with that 10k worse invstment ever assuming around 5 percent intrest in a retirement account you could have around 1 million by the time your 60 I have a retirement account where I get 8 pecent

>less than 10k

you're just surrounded by butthurts

its all about how you do it I don't care that your parents bought you a nice car I might be a little envious but if you brag about it an constantly rub it in peoples faces that might get you the wrong type of attention its all about how you present your self with it

My parents paid a third of my first car as a birthday gift, and the fee to get my license. Buying a kid a 350 or similarly expensive sports car is just stupid, everyone and I mean EVERYONE has an accident before they are 21. Doesn't even matter if its your fault or not, it will happen. Not to even mention that its a stupid car for someone with low driving experience, its low, wide, poor rear vis, and actually banned for people under 22 in my states kW/kg laws.

>Scumbags car

When will OP rob some random fucker and steal his mints?

Yes. If you didn't earn something yourself then you shouldn't have it.

Also
>mom has good job
hm.....I smell a cuck....or perhaps a well played troll?

I don't give a shit, if I had a child I'd give them a car, what the fuck, it's a basic mean of transportation. It may not be an m3 or c class but that's fucked to make them bus or walk everywhere. It's 2016, times are different. I took the bus everywhere my whole life, buying a $3000 heap of junk meant a lot to me and I know my parents tried their best but it's okay that they could never buy me a car. I'm breaking the chain, but obviously I'd set up many ground rules and they have to earn the car. It's just love

>kW/kg laws
kek ausfailians

you can kek all you want but honestly it's not a stupid idea. It may be stupid in application and I have problems with it, but I don't think its responsible to let kids drive powerful cars the second they pass their test.

If you're keking at the fact that I use the units the rest of the world does, go choke on a hamburger.

asking the real questions

Nah the units are fine, but you got to admit that almost all the "anti-hooning" laws and such are bullshit.They don't stop dumb kids from doing it because
>dumb kids
but they do stop anyone who gives a shit and wants to drive a decently fast car responsibly and legally from doing so.

Get a kid a car that will get them started in life. Let them turn it into a michette to help them make their own path. No kid needs a sports car, is it not a known fact 14-23 year olds now are entitled little shits that get scared some one wrote trump on the side walk at college? Getting them some thing that is above and beyond just practice transportation is a waste of your money and the spoiled kids ego and titlement.

Fuck off idiot

>my parents has a shit job
>gets my older brother a new 2011 Civic
>gets me a salvaged 94 Geo Prizm

>brother is 6 years older than I am
>when my brother was buying his first car, parents weren't in a position to help him with insurance costs etc.
>parents are in a much better financial position, well off now
>time for me, buy first car, ask parents to split my insurance bill so im not a wagecuck just for my car
>"we didn't do that for your brother, so we can't do that for you"

>meanwhile friends of mine have cars that are being entirely paid for by their parents
>not even shitboxes, brand new cars

Don't you have school in the morning cuck?

This. It never ends.

I just got married, my wife does my laundry at my parents house.

Get a better job then you wont be carpoor dumbshit.

>complaining about life being fair
kys

They like your older brother more than you, sorry m8.
They literally had to come up with a justification for why they don't want to upset your older brother.

Yes and the argument is (and I agree with it in principle) that no one at 18 can drive a high power/weight car responsibly as they do not have the experience on the roads. Yes, the hoon laws are mostly bullshit and what we need are low cost and safe open track days. They could be fun and safe and give everyone a weekend at the track to do some sick skids in the vl turbo with plenty of space so they don't end up in someone's front yard.

ITT: salty poorfags

Remember OP, you're coming to the internet looking for validation from strangers. Just b urself bro, chicks dig that.

Mate, they're shit laws and we both know it.

>won't someone think of the chilluns, dangerous sports cars are killing the chilluns in their beds
>hoons hoons hoons
>I'm Tracey Grimshaw and I was hospitalized after hooning on a horse with a whole 1 horsepower

In my state the S2K and NSX are P-plate legal but the RX8 is 2dangerous4me. An Elise is fine too but God forbid you think about driving an old WRX.

Doesn't stop people talking on their phones or texting while driving and running into other cars.

Hey pal, you sound like a bitch. Can you fuck off?

>be me
>be 3 years ago 16
>poorfag with poorfag family in poortown Idaho
>Dad gives me is 2004 Saturn Vue with the 3.5l Honda J35A4 engine and that FUCKING glass transmission
>Tells me it's my car now and he buys new truck
>be 8 months ago
>Mom buys my 16 year old sister 2014 Nissan Versa (parents have been divorced since I was 6)
>Jokes on my sister, someone hit her car and totals it so my mom buys her a 2016 Jeep
>im sitting here with a car that barely runs thanks to that HORSESHIT CVT
>tfw im buying my marine buddies e28 335i this summer with 84K miles on it
>Selling shitty saturn vue for scrap cause i dont want someone to suffer through having to replace that junky transmission every 75k miles and it was never paid off so we dont have the loan.

title not loan, its 4 in the morning sorry.

JN1AZ4EH4GM934829

>all these salty faggots that had/have poor parents

kek

my dad knows i wanted a corvette, but i would have been fine with a challenger so he got me a brand new challenger

he still feels bad about not having enough for the corvette

i told him it's ok, because it is ok, but still, lmao at u poor ppl. eat my shit

Fuck you OP I am poor and I had to work my ass to get a shitty shitbox.

You never have respect if that's what you want!

>parents pay half the cost of my brothers car
>say they will do the same for me
>tell them ill pay it in full myself
should have gotten them to pay half desu

please delete this e meediately

ITT: bitter jealousy

>too poor for corvette
if you can't afford a 60k car, you're not rich. it sounds like you're from some redneck backass family with some land a bit of cash. big woop

never said i was rich lmao

nigger you sound pretty salty

THIS

>salty
at least I don't drive around in a fiat boomermobile