/ddg/ - Dragon's Dogma General

Tips:
You can change vocations at level 10 at the Gran Soren inn or BBI.
Character appearance can be changed later on.
You don't need pawns, but they help.
Don’t miss your sidequests: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Side_Quest_Progression
Further info on "Must Do" sidequests: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qS9A47duONEwozGu8A6_oX_HyCxgBwbquGmlZqEQqqg/edit?usp=sharing
Make sure you understand the romance system before you get too far: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Beloved

>Wiki you lazy shit
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon's_Dogma_Wiki

==================================================

>NEW /ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/156IeHCRWMcCTU4nkIIwGgjVBetjVu47C9TvAlAc5HUY/edit?usp=sharing

>Stat Growths
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Stat_Growths

>RC Calculator
opsc.dark-arisen.com/calculator.php?cmd=calculate

>In-depth Beginner/Advanced Player Guide and FAQ
docs.google.com/document/d/17Avxu-W6BCjDrglXtHg8Z3sKB_z_5tlWhV1Vmf_YWHw

> Old /ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/150pTBJ-IJ8ktH3mzObUI5pA4Rzsh88rfgFpwZf9wxe8/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

>Character Creator Sliders
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QfNzxImmAvPk0jUhfKdyjxwUBg8OUl9iQhLMBL_pEl8/edit?usp=sharing

>Collection of small mods (model/color swaps etc.)
piratepad.net/ep/pad/view/ro.uXOgwZkXAy5/latest

>Current mods available
pastebin.com/jcbPgLdj

>Hotkey Script for PC Players
pastebin.com/7gju0zt8

>Modding on console and old pawns
pastebin.com/NMTBXnxA

>Guide to get DDO
pastebin.com/hywvK0qT

>DDO Beginners Guide
pastebin.com/xgzbcXNg

>Screenshot Guide
pastebin.com/6YtfNbcb

>Make webms
pastebin.com/4ipnGRND

>[un]official Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/postsliders

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/download/dmgx4xkeb0xny2h/DDDA enb.7z
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first!

Barnaby is best beloved!

Someone mod these swimsuits into DDDA

Hello new thread.

I'm pretty sure this game takes inspiration in the whole Mediterrenaum, mostly Italy

I always assumed scotland because of the flag

Why do the guys have a sexier swimsuit than the females

B U L D G E

U

L

D

G

E

Cassardis is definitely Greek/Italian inspired at least. Then you have French accents on characters from countries neighbouring Gransys.

Speaking of neighbouring countries, I wish they didn't cheap out on voices and just speed up/slow down two sets of voices to make 12 or whatever the fuck they did. I'd love if they had an option for a French accented voice, Spanish, Italian etc, then maybe a high English accent and a low English accent. A Scottish accent. That sort of thing. A number of accents that you could conceivably come across in medieval fiction. Mercedes/Julien and a few other characters establish that nearby countries to Gransys have a different way of speaking, so other European accents could imply a guest pawn's original master was from another land for instance. It'd break the monotony up a lot too.

Find a way to decrypt the .ARC files and get the meshes, or at least the textures.

Those accents would have been so nice

Can't call them lazy when they hired 200 VAs and voiced 400 characters tho

Is there a weapon model you like, even though the stats suck?
I like the cutlass model, but neither weapon is particularly great, aside from the built in lightning enchantment on caladbolg

Cursed Bite is okay, I guess?

I just installed the game and am about to play it pretty much blind.

Is a gamepad better than k+m?
Should I play on hard from the start?

"Hard mode" is actually supposed to be more like NG+, if you consider certain mechanics

If it's your first playthrough and you want it to be difficult, normal mode is better

I play keyboard and mouse, and it works best, especially if you play the archery classes. As long as you're able to reach your ctrl and alt keys without accidentally pressing other keys, like alt-tabbing, it works great

>Go into Bitterblack Isle with the intention of grinding dragonforgeds for my main Hunter pawn
>Since I usually play Sorcerer I had to swap vocation for this and I have no experience as bowman
>Enter Garden of Ignominy, pick off early foes easily
>Gorechimera in the outdoorsy area, my mage pawns don't want to attack it from the second floor so I travel down to it
>My Hunter runs ahead, I see the red arrow on the minimap in the hallway connecting the first and second floors, then a few centimeters to the side of said part of the minimap
>aw shit she got thrown off
>Battle music suddenly cuts but the Chimera is still growling
>Look over the side
>the fucking chimera jumped after her and can't get back up
>Snipe it's stupid asshole with Vile Arrows

My pawn has apparently taken inspiration from her name sake and dives off cliffs during combat for some unknown reason.

3 decides who I fuck in NG+

It works even better if you have additional mouse buttons.

Julien

damnit
I'll get started tomorrow

Your pawn.

Which ENBs do you guys use? I'm thinking of using one but I heard that they make dark areas pitch black.

Mayra

Literally who?

>tfw my pawn will never crush my face between her glorious thighs

>You will never have a real pawn

>Your pawn will never cater to your sexual whims totally oblivious, ignorant or uncaring of the implications of such acts
>Your pawn will never learn your personal preferences from your performance the same way it would learn how to fight wolves or cyclopes or dragons from your example

Cassardis best girl

What if you just want a cute pawn that will bottom for you ?

Thanks, you duckies. T'was a fun ride.

My new pawn, ready to turn needle dicks into tiny wrinkly wobbly wiggly jiggly prunes!

Or ripping heads off of goblins, I don't fucking know, ask Jesus.

There a Jesus pawn yet by the way?

IS THAT A NEPH 2.0

Always sweet to see your own pawn in another Arisen's book. Thanks for taking care of Octavia, cos.

no internet and on phone. Send help

Every shield in the game, magick or otherwise, with the single exception of the Wizard's Vizard, is like that as far as I know.

Hearthstone and Meloire are french, Veldoa is german/austrian. Gransys as a whole appears to be British inspired but southern Gransys is clearly Greek/Spanish.

>I'm thinking of using one but I heard that they make dark areas pitch black.
Entirely dependent on their settings which are easy to change. If you aren't satisfied with it, when you press shift+return/enter it brings up a dialog to edit various ENB settings. Scroll down to environment and edit the ambient light levels there, make sure to save changes at the top when you're done. Shift+F12 toggles ENB on/off easily to compare to vanilla shaders.

Here's mine, I've tried to keep the brightness of lighting (especially at night and indoors) as close as possible to vanilla. It's very colourful and has some film grain and a lot of anamorphic lens flare, all stuff you can edit in the same way though obviously not via the ambient light settings.
mediafire.com/download/dmgx4xkeb0xny2h/DDDA enb.7z
Resonant also looks good though it's a totally different aesthetic, and Wickfut looks the most "vanilla but better" imo (Wickfut's signature ENB shaders tend to be grey and gloomy, which happens to be similar to the game's vanilla lighting).

Oh yeah and another good "vanilla but better," but more colourful, is Brown and Bloom, also by one of our own.

kek

Neph's owner here and that's not mine. Look forward to hiring her out though once my pc is fixed.

Oh, do you mean Inez, cos?

Surely you meant Aestella, cos.

Aestella sure is an adorable little shortstack my friend, but nothing beats Inez's sense of humour and chill demeanour.

Kb+M is great for bow classes, controller is better for anything else.
Dont start in hard mode unless you are okay with getting one hit killed by anything other than bats in the early game. The crazy amounts of experience you get from baddies (Plus the retarded amounts of gold they drop) is why most of us start on hard mode from level one since we know how stuff goes down and we want to be done with it fast. Not recomended.

KBM is better for everything, but especially any class that isn't fighter, warrior or sometimes MK, where the advantages, while present, are less significant.

Should have wrote "I like controller better for everything else" Emphasis on I.
It really comes down to preference really, since they are both equally responsive.
Only adding that because sometimes console ports have awful kbm support.

More female players than male, most likely.

Night guys.

Does this look like a boy or a girl.
Or maybe both?

Sounds awful.

Clearly a woman with a manface. You win nothing from either side...

yes

The Arisen's Refuge is max comfy
>that study area above where Barroch is
>the underground cellar with lodse of dragonspit explosives
>the hidden macabre sculpture behind the barrels in the cellar

"Rather cozy, save the perpetual darkness" indeed.

Almost there.

I don't know much about ENB, can it be used to make a game entirely pink?

You could...

I actually have experience with first playing the game for like 90 levels with a controller but then my 360contr started acting up because it's a piece of cheap plastic junk i switched to kb+m.

After the initial hardships because my kb+m too were just a cheap pieces of shit it got better once the maill arrived and brought that motherfucking mechanical keyboard and "GAYMING MOUSE!" i ordered!

Really though, kb+m is fucking awesome for DD atleast if you have the good shit and not some cheap junk.

Not that controllers are bad but it really sucks how there's like what? 360 and perhaps xbone controllers that are the kind that fit your hands like your cock when fappan and both of those are... well... fucking cheap microsoft plastic junk!

Probably because he's a flaming faggot and wants to make the game his homosexual la-la-la-land.

This is the natural train of thought when recoloring things user, what is wrong with you?

If I made it purple too is that still gay?

Pink strikes me more as the "default things have gone wrong" colour. Perhaps I'm a little traumatized by the Source engine.

I think shes cute.

Hmmm... i should add a mole.

Do you drop your stuff often or something?
Even with the eliminator wagglan this 360 pad has held up for years.

I need help. I can't decide what cloak would go well with the rest of this gear...

Thanks mate

Beastly Mantle.
Feral Cape.
Pauldron.
Scarlet Cape.
Sovereign's Mantle.

>Do you drop your stuff often or something?
I dont think i've dropped it once, it's allways just been sitting there on top of my PC unless i have to play some shitty console port.
I'd guess it lasted 2~ years or so so i guess it had a good enough run for xbox-pad atleast.

Pad market is really weird though, i dont understand how you can get great mechanical kb for 100dollars and "epic gayming mouse" for 70 but even with 140-150dollars all you get is xbone "ELITE"-pad which seems to suffer from same thing xbox-pads in general do and that is easily breaking down if customer reviews and jewtube videos are anything to go by.

Then we go even more upwards in the price and instead of pad-makers advertising their pads as durable and easy to use with any console/pc you want they just make them look like overpriced space-ships that are again most likely made in the same shitty Chinese sweatshop microsoft gets it pads from with the same parts.
You can never go wrong with the leather cape, it fits every kind of red/yellow armor combination you can think of.

Isn't it the same .arc as other MTF games?

Decided to go with the Beastly Mantle.
Thanks user.

Mine was $28 at gamestop, new.
Where are you getting pads for $140? What the fuck?

Most top-end pads are pretty gimmicky. The default, first-party pads (which have generally had other problems, to be fair) are typically quite reliable. If you treat it well, you can expect a 360 or PS3 pad to last you several years at least--frequently longer than the console itself.

He's a brain dead anime pedo, user.

Good choice.

Well, his arisen is a loli after all.

On the contrary, only the Diabolic shield is that thin

Just among BBI Purged buckler looks more proper and that's just a reuse of a different shield

Boy in makeup. The weird AO making it look like she has a cleft chin doesn't help. The weird AO making her look crosseyed doesn't make her look more like a dude, but it does look pretty silly. Shame too, apart from fucking up faces ENB AO is really nice to have.

Dark/purged buckler looks paper thin to me. Might it seem like it's less thin than the devil's sanctum because it's more curved? I admit I have only tried like 1/3 of the shields of either type because I don't play reds much and enjoy warrior the most of the red vocations, but of those I've tried only the Vizard isn't paper thin, and it does have ridiculously sharp edges- It just bulks out in the middle, likely because it was designed separate from the other shields as part of best girl Julien's costume.

Irks me the most on the orilux shield since I like heraldic suns on my shields and it looks like my character's holding a very nicely decorated piece of cardboard.

Are you stupid or just skipped elementary school when they were teaching how to read?
>but even with 140-150dollars all you get is xbone "ELITE"-pad
There seems to be no QUALITY pads at all in the market, it's all gimmicky shit like said
Please, the proper term is 'Halfling', you heteronormative-cis-ableist-privileged-straight-white-male.

>Are you stupid or just skipped elementary school when they were teaching how to read?
The irony of this question being asked with this grammar is truly profound.

>nitpicking about grammar on imageboard for Korean animated children cartoons
Are you the one who does it for free or did i just tickle your autism?

I want to kiss my lolipawn's exposed tummy

I want to get saucy with another arisens pawn.

that's too lewd

If you don't mind clipping with your legs when you run, alchemickal cloak (I think is how it's spelled in-game) or tattered mantle might go well. Otherwise beastly mantle or nomad's cloak. I recommend beastly mantle because I don't see many people using it so it will make your character more distinctive while looking good, you can get it from the black cat.

Great torso armour choice, though, definitely one of the best looking warrior/MK pieces imo.

Sorry dude, you just don't get to complain about someone's education in english while speaking broken english without getting made fun of. Bullying is how we pressure each other to better ourselves. At least you're a mechanical keyboard patrician, and you're right about the xbox pads being flimsy pieces of shit, though the usual problem is the d-pad becoming unresponsive after like a month of use.

Oh I grant that its much thinner than it ought to be, but it still looks like 3 or 4 Diabolics worth of shield to me, in terms of thickness

Octavia's owner talking from a cool festival. Found a wifi spot to shill her for a bit. She's a level 69 Fighter with a Pioneer/Mitigator inclination.

I got some time on my hands and I was wondering if I should try doodling for a bit. I'll try with Octavia first but I could try another pawn if someone is down with that.

>you just don't get to complain about someone's education in english
>writing English in lowercase
Not even him but I just wanted to join in on the shitposting.

Personally I can't see how people play any third-person game with a keyboard. Movement is so awful unless aiming is absolutely critical and can't be compromised. That said, my PS4 controller has now lasted me longer than any 360 or xbone controller I've ever owned without anything failing.

I'm too lazy to improve my grammar (-: and Finnish being the sort of language everyone pretty much writes in an "accent/slang" kinda discourages it.
In fact on Finngolian boards if someone is writing perfect grammar he'l get ridiculed for being assburger/autist for it.

for me the thumb is looser than OP's boypussy and back-buttons being almost completely unresponsive.
Apparently the back ones can be fixed with cardboard or such but fixing loose thumb seems to be 50/50 mostly being about replacing the stick so at that point better just buy a new pad.

OPEN YOUR EYES

>Just being at your side fills this pawn with vigor, Arisen

oh I will fill her with something, alright

It's uncapitalised because it's still American english rather than proper English and therefore is not a proper noun. :^)

For my part I can't see how anyone prefers a controller for any but the worst console ports, which tend to just have cameras that work horribly with built-in mouse acceleration and shit. Being in first or third person does not change that you can quickly and precisely whip the camera around to any position with a mouse, and that simply is not possible with an analog stick. Directional movement relative to the camera isn't that big of a deal unless you have a fixed camera angle (which OTS isn't), you can still run in eight directions and move the mouse to tweak that to any degree of change.

KBM is simply the superior control method. Something better might come along and in fact mouse and joystick is somewhat impractical physically but very arguably better in terms of gameplay, but if the alternative is a controller there is no contest as far as I'm concerned.

What kind of festival m80?

Apart from reds being able to grapple-hold and striders getting the bonus to climbing damage, and obviously weapons/weapon skills and levelup stats, do any vocations get innate advantages that other vocations do not?

Nope. I tried opening them ages ago with the ARCTool, and it refused to work. I think there's some extra encryption on there or something.

You could probably ask one of the translators on
>reddit
But, I doubt they'd release their tools. The most they'd do, I think, is give the modder the files so they can mod it in.

I would agree that KBM would've been better if the game was made with that in mind, sort of like how Guild Wars 2 or Dragon Nest plays out. They're both 3rd person action games with melee mechanics that works quite well. I just can't play with KBM though, just like I can't play Dark Souls with KBM. It's just too jarring for me.

I actually like at least one of the slowed down male voices. I used it for my very first pawn and it fit him perfectly.

>mfw I just killed the dragon for the first time and shits all fuck

What? Did you kill him wrong?

Would you consider double jumping and being able to dodge an advantage?

Street art festival. As in theatre / clowns / circus and accrobats + many other companies and artists presenting stuff all around the town. It's a big thing here. Cool stuff but no internet where I sleep.

Yeah but that's tied to daggers rather than to the classes themselves. I'm asking because I'm trying to "design" a class using cheat engine mods.

Cheating is pretty awesome. I've got sky rapture for double jumping and hindsight slash for dodging as well. Considering clairvoyance for blocking instead, but hindsight slash looks cooler to me.

I can't think of anything else that I'd consider an advantage. Being able to dodge and double jump is a huge boost to mobility and I don't think I can ever play any other classes without it.

PLEASE do not lewd the lolis. They are kind and gentle creatures.

Yeah, I really like those but I love the appearance of the Virge of Madness and also like both the look of sky rapture and the utility of great cannon. Sky rapture is surprisingly good for mobility, albeit not as intuitive as just jumping again. It doesn't get the vertical height of the double jump but goes about as far as levitate and does so much faster. I know I ought to have at least one defencive sword skill, since like a sword+bow assassin I have no defencive measures otherwise. And I don't want anything like dragon's maw that is just totally unfair combined with everything else, I'd rather keep it resembling an actual vocation.

Using fighter as a template for the grappling, though since I'm not using gouge or TK I might go strider instead so my climbing damage isn't total piss.

>hybrid hybrid vocations

That actually looks pretty fucking fun

Could you try Great Cannon with Hundred/Thousand Kisses with immolation on pls