/agdg/ - Amateur Game Dev General

Blueprint Hell Edition.

Current Game Jam (Space)
itch.io/jam/agdg-space-jam

>Next Demo Day (X)
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-10

Helpful Links: tools.aggydaggy.com/# (Still in beta)
New Threads: Archive: boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/agdg/
SC: soundcloud.com/groups/agdg-audiofriends

>Chats
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgamedevcrew
webchat.freenode.net/?channels=vidyadev

>Previous Demo Days
pastebin.com/X6fLvtzA

> Previous Jams
pastebin.com/hVhvNWLw

>Engines
GameMaker: yoyogames.com/gamemaker
Godot: godotengine.org/
Haxe: haxeflixel.com/
LÖVE: love2d.org/
UE4: unrealengine.com/what-is-unreal-engine-4
Unity: unity3d.com/

> Models/art/textures/sprites
opengameart.org/
blender-models.com/
mayang.com/textures/

>Free audio
machinimasound.com/
freesound.org/browse/
incompetech.com/music/
freemusicarchive.org/

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operators_in_C_and_C++
steamcommunity.com/id/presidenthd/
youtu.be/xq7iLLFlerg?t=17264
hephaestus_rg.itch.io/asteroid-memes-nightly-game-18
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1st for hedgehog

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operators_in_C_and_C++

scoring works

literally no one up

Anime and Dev are inseparated

this is the greatest 3d model of all time

>doesn't have edges like Sanic
Shit design.

>edges like Sanic
Sanic the Edgehog. 3d sanic dev please make your sanic edgy as fuck and name it this.

> the night sky is illuminated by a fluorescent pink-blue aurora, giant wires hang loosely from under rapidly moving clouds

- observe clouds
- hide

lmao

I snorted.

new to unity trying to add a shader script to a direct light but its saying this

Read the fucking text.
>script class cannot be found
You cannot be more explicit than that.

or Unity is fucking your shit up because you have to remember that to be attached a script must be or extends a MonoBehaviour class

is this a reference I'm not getting?

Its equivalent to % 4, which is much more obvious.

doesnt &(~3) make it always greater than 3? if it's unsigned

Oh yeah, missed the ~.

change the name of the class in the code to its name in unity's inspector

did you rename the script file? Check if the class name matches the file name

he's trolling

You haven't been out much have you? Complete inability to calm the fuck down and read what an error says is INCREDIBLY common, as fucking stupid as it is.

POST YOUR SPACE JAM SPACE SHIPS

Last edit for the night, thanks again for all your support and feedback, really keeps me going.

Mad Mauve Maggie is now done (for the moment) I imagine her getting into frequent arguments with her hat.

Anyone have ideas for cool NPCs they want to share?

Also I think I accidentally made Liath go up a cup size

>you encounter flat rocks moving across the flat plains

~ investigate mysterious rocks and their path
~ run away from the ghastly ghost minerals

how about an amputee mage? basically darth vader, but he uses elements to recreate his missing limbs.

you could tag on a story for whether he's evil (lost his limbs to someone who tried to make him powerless without killing him, "hurr; killing ur enemies makes u as bad as them") or good (lost his limbs trying to fight against the 'big baddie').

>(lost his limbs to someone who tried to make him powerless without killing him, "hurr; killing ur enemies makes u as bad as them")
Good guys amputate all your limbs? That's fucking psychotic. I think the bad guys do that to make you suffer instead of die. Otherwise I think your idea is cool.

graverobber that will sell you stuff if you clear out a crypt or two for him

They do it in third world countries when you steal, and they always have crowds cheering in the background of the videos.

I can work with this, the game is darker/gory focused, and there's already a mysterious stranger figure, so would an amputee necromancer with magical leprosy fit the bill? You're giving me good ideas on how his fight should work.

Thanks for your input!

But most in first world countries think that's fucking savage. So I guess it depends what your standard is. Also, crowds cheering doesn't guarantee it's good/just/anything.

Remember boys to always filter googem posts

>compile game
>entire computer freezes
thanks, meme maker.

I made an attempt to fix that face

His nose was bugging me but I didn't want to bitch about art style. I like that.

oh hot damn, let me try and max that fix, thanks!

I can't even tell what face you were trying to fix since all his portraits looked fucked up

glad you're juices are flowing.

>glad you are juices are flowing
wtf

you're heard me.

>commenting on old meme
Your an idiot.

You're've been heard.

One of the crew gets lost in the desert. Two of the same person return the next day. Who's the doppelganger?

actually an existing event

A blind monk

Thanks again for the fix, I didn't want to copy it exactly, but I think this is better than the original I posted.

It's totally okay to bitch, I don't come here for a hugbox

Can you be more specific?

does anyone here actually use blueprints

For what?

cooking spaghetti

No, I don't use blueprints for cooking spaghetti.

I use them when I create 3D models

An unidentified plane flies by and drops something. I'll let you decide what that something is.

the shading man, too inconsistent
shadows are caused by something blocking the light source but you don't draw anything with that basic idea in mind. loomis etc

supply drops are the core mechanics of the game

SHA-LA HEAD-SHALA

Is Dart ded?

Do you use it?

Yes, but you see, this one isn't a supply drop. It's just some random plane. That's the mystery here.

Use Typescript instead.

No. No. It looks acceptable.

No. Microshaft shill detected. SoundScript > Typescript, and someday may be standardized in JS. For now, use whatever you can that isn't owned by one of the biggest trashheaps.

I'd only use JS as a compile target from a non-web language for game dev.

>I'd only use JS as a compile target from a non-web language for game dev.
Not even webdevs use plain JS anymore, it's simply a compile target now, which is why projects like WebAssembly were put forward.

Dudes. I have some experience in blender and im motivated to make project about dark souls fighting style. I only want to make fighting mechanics with some improvements because im sick of the way miyazaki making his casul games. I want to do project in unity. Preferably to have simple multiplayer. I really want your attention. Reply or add me steamcommunity.com/id/presidenthd/

How do you stick to one project and finish it?

>tfw 5+ half-started games that I'm working on all at once completing at at rate of 0.01% per game per week.

>Big tits pointy ears dark skin floating spell orb
Holy shit! She looks a lot like dark elf, how funny a coincidence! I approve.
They're even both related to blood since dark elf spells will make enemies explode into a bloody mess and spill on her, depending on how viable it becomes with the animations and all

Sure, but see "non-web language" as others posted about Dart and Typescript. I'm hype for wasm.

>How do you stick to one project and finish it?
Try money as a motivator.

Old jotaro looks badass, I'd like to play him more than redhead bitchboi

can you animate?
does dark elf project have anything other than that one sprite?

Hey, that's actually good advice.

If that fails, try being able to afford rent and health insurance without wage slavery as a motivator.

Yes. I able to make models, textures, animations. But i havent done anything playable in unity myself.

>does dark elf project have anything other than that one sprite?
Yes

You're right, I guess I haven't been paying attention and keeping track of my light source. I'm making some definite shading edits and hopefully the result is more palatable. don't want to post just this moment so i'm not spamming the thread.

I appreciate your critique!

There are 44 sprites but only one is in usable state currently

Who's your independent dev rolemodel?

You posted him.

Marmo

I liked JBlow until he went off his rocker with the witness and babby's c++ clone. I'm ashamed now. Closest is my appreciation of Tarn Adams but more his work ethic than anything, fucker has terrible priorities.

Spoopy here.
In the game, God will speak to you, so far I have written him merely as pillar of light from which his voice emanates, is there some better avatar? Is a burning bush appearing better? Any other ideas?

so you've been circlejerking on a single pixelshit picture for how long?

>Evangelion

Evangelion.

JBlow has always been pretentious as fuck. His "mine is the right way and no other way" attitude should be a red flag for the kind of person he is.

Have the clouds part and rays of light emitting from them. Keeps the whole God theme.

looks like 2deep no gameplay walking simulator, what is your game about

Yeah, I didn't follow him closely enough, but now I recognize that he is literally C++ elitism distilled into pure human form. I say this as someone who was a C++ elitist for 5 years.

How did you know and god didn't really speak in it right?

Yeah that's kind of the plan as for now, or the burning bush.

Shooting shit, psychological horror and fuckery. VR Fuckery

>Evangelion
>rei nonetheless
BASED
A
S
E
D
About the question, I'm very fond of light pillars.

I don't fully understand the question but according to my combo counter I've been working for a month and a half

youtu.be/xq7iLLFlerg?t=17264

Are these pictures useful? I've seen them around a couple of times.

Hey, look on the bright side, at least you could've liked Phil Fish, which talks as much trash as JBlow does with none of the skills.

not sure why it didnt skip to the exact time i linked its

4:47:44

finished my asteroids

play here

hephaestus_rg.itch.io/asteroid-memes-nightly-game-18

>his game doesn't look like this

I'm sure you can think of something better

for example, God as an immoral small child was creepy as shit in Exodus

Neither does yours your stupid shitposter nodev fagget

I was about to say, hard to watch 6 hours to find the right moment.

Problem is I don't want the player transported, since the mc story wise already is in a form of pseudo dimenson.

I was thinking of maybe doing him as one of those inexplicable things painters used to represent him as, can't for the life of me find any examples now, but essentially just a mishmash of golden shapes and eyes, kinda like the "wheel angels".