/evog/ - Evolve General

Batray Edition

store.steampowered.com/app/273350/
evolve.wikia.com/wiki/Evolve_Wiki (Mostly outdated)

>What is Evolve?
Evolve uses an asymmetrical structure where five players, four playing as hunters and one as the monster, battle against each other in an industrialized alien planet called Shear.
Stage 2 is the transition to Free To Play + a lot of gameplay changes.

>What's new?
evolveupdates.com/stage2/

>I heard the game was dead?
It was (at least on PC). 100-200 players and little to no updates from the developers. If F2P can bring it back is unknown, but as of right now 18k people are playing it.

>Should I "get" it?
It's free. 18GB. Download and test it out.

>F2P Model?
Every week, four hunters (one of each class) and one monster will be in the free rotation. There are currently 24 Hunters and 7 Monsters in total, though some are variations of others. By playing the character tutorials, you unlock one hunter (Markov) and one monster (The Goliath) to keep forever.

Additional monsters, hunters, perks, and skins are unlocked by earning silver keys. Silver keys are earned by playing the game, leveling up, or getting login bonuses. Currently you can't actually buy silver keys, presumably so they can test the unlock rate, but that's coming later.

There is also a monthly login bonus punch card. You get one punch for each day you log in. Beyond silver keys, this can directly award new Hunters and Skins.

>What if I don't want to grind for characters and perks?
You can buy the game and it to gives your account full founder benefits, which gives you 30k keys and most characters.

>Microtransation?
None as of yet.

>Steam group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/evolvevg

>Perk info(Including how to unlock them)
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=721252371

>Patch info:
talk.turtlerockstudios.com/t/can-we-talk-about-the-balance-in-high-level-play/91716/18

Previous thread :

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198159642450
youtube.com/watch?v=KW7uvYz9yjA
strawpoll.me/10799795
evolve.wikia.com/wiki/Perks
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What monsters reward damage reduction perks?

>there's an evolve steam group
>full of drama
>never more than 1-2 people playing evolve

gobi is qtp

wraith-chan best waifu

He is pretty cute. I wish he had more range.

Will Electro Griffin actually drop today?

STAY TUNED AND FIND OUT.

I hope he's broken as fuck so I can use him and level him to 30+ before any patch nerfs him to shit.

Caria is cute!

I am getting so sick of trappers doing nothing at all not even pressing their global tracker. Play fucking assault if you gonna be do nothing but shoot.

she is

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198159642450

I belive this is the fag?

Ok, so Crow is by far the best trapper.
His stasis is great, arguably one of the best slows in the game. Griffin's might be better depending on the situation, but the main thing that makes him great is his kinetic long rifle.
I have been in teams with shit assaults that couldn't even get the monster's armor down, but still won by staying on the monster the entire game and slowly whittling down it's health THROUGH it's armor.
He is unbelievably annoying for the monster if you stick on him and keep plinking away at his health, I've pissed monsters off so much that they've stopped running to turn and try to smack me around, but of course this just leads to them getting domed, and getting dead.

>Crow joins the game
youtube.com/watch?v=KW7uvYz9yjA

I prefer Abe almost got the fucker elite atleast 5 more hours of playing ;_;

>Ok, so Crow is by far the best trapper.
both Abe and Crow top tier
the rest follow behind

got abe to 35 today, it'll suck once I feel forced to level other characters but at least I'll still have griff and crow and egriff

I got Hyde to elite dont force yourself or else you will hate playing the hunter

I went from Abe to Crow and never looked back.
>Primary weapon is long range and can ignore armour at the cost of some DPS
>Secondary can be used at any time and doesn't require the monster to stay still
>Tertiary works before you have even seen the monster

>Tell everyone don't dome the monster in the relay.
>First thing they do is dome it at the relay.

Yeah great job trapping us inside then letting it run away to shield up .

>another hydefag

We don't seem to exist in the upper 40s

not forcing Abe though, he's great

just sucks that I will need to use other characters as leveling him beyond 40 isn't possible and the exp will be wasted

I ship Crow + Wraith

strawpoll.me/10799795
strawpoll.me/10799795
strawpoll.me/10799795

Quick /evog/ who is your favorite;

>Assault
>Support
>Trapper
>Medic
>Monster

Hyde Cabot Crow Caira

>Monster is low on health but just hit Stage 3
>Say in chat, "let's just set up near relay"
>Everyone else is going to relay
>Medic runs off on their own, 150m away from rest of group, and domes the monster
>Everyone in chat is typing "???????"
>"why the fuck would you dome? and be alone? we know where it has to go and it has only 2 minutes left"
>"I knew it was going to be there you should have followed"
>This is a level 28 game

>those results
I should email moot to get a guide on how to quit this place.

Hyde

Cabot

Abe

Slim

Kraken

>chatting with pubs

I'd say Crow is better than Abe.
His slow is literally Abe's, but instead of being an area affect the monster can just traversal away from, it's a gun that applies the affect to the monster for a set duration.
And again his armor penetration is just crazy. I've had stage 1 domes drop due to monster health damage, while the monster still has armor. And when the armor does go down he can deal massive damage with full auto fire, and all while at a safe range. The scope on his rifle can also be helpful when tracking the monster. Everything about him is great in the patch. He's ridiculously effective.

happened the same thing to me yesterday in a level 50 game

>MGoliath
>VS EMET-Bucket-Abe-Blitz
>lingering fire damage amazing vs buoys, sentry bots, mines
>MFW i win

Someone give me a scenerio where EMET is a good pick

Armor penetration damage does not counts against dome timer because it ids 6.8% and you hit them in charged 5-6 shots

That being said abe is capable of delivering more DPS though

you can throw buoys and they will propagate your healing ability even if they're not active yet. Having functioning buoys is just a plus.

Well that's wrong, because I've seen it drop due to monster health damage. The monster still had armor, the only one doing health damage was me, with Crow's charged shots.

>try RVal for the first time

jesus dick I am become cancer

If i fuck a wraith decoy, am i still fucking it?

Wait till you see the elite skin

>Someone give me a scenerio where EMET is a good pick

When the monster player has left.

What would be a good set of hyde perks? No matter what I do his damage seems bad especially compared to a parnell, leinox or blitz.

imagine wraith and her decoy sucking your dick

wraith is twice the fun

you gotta suck hard if you can't outperform parnell as hyde

marry/kill/fuck

>he under values parnells damage
Boom unstoppable.

Good. He was OP for far too long.

The only way to outperform Parnell is to land the stink bombs, that's not always easy.

Is Kraken a grill?

>memes
I bet you also believe that Parnell is a shitty assault

Emet is an okay pick. You don't even have to active your buoys to make them heal when you can just throw it. Roaching as emet is pretty fun. Of course every time I see a bucket in the game I know I won't get any help from him,

Straight damage across the board. Always put your nade down. Always. If your nade is off CD, pop it. Seriously I cannot stress this enough. Your nade is the butter to your bread user.

Also if the monster is dumb enough to get caught evolving, use your minigun. It does way more dps from headshots than the flamer does.

>play bucket
>medic says you are a shitty support
>I say But I'm not playing hank so I don't have the shield cloaker
>medic replies fuck off fucker

Watch a gorgon play like a pussy standing in a corner. Could have been a easy win but luckily we got a Markov who plays like a pussy standing in a corner using his 2. We won but damn it shouldn't have took us that long.

What are the best hunter perks?

Damage

70% switch speed

Damage

Have fun Meltin faces

Nah, Parnell's alright. EMET is shit though.

Kill kill kill

Parnell is tippy-top vs Kraken. EMET is shitty all around.

What are you on about? Hank is better than bucket for sure. Bucket isn't bad but he isn't as good as hank or sunny. Bucket is comparable to maggie or parnell tier.

>Anime poster
>Obnoxious as fuck
>Thinking Bucket is viable

Guess how I know you're shit at the game?

If you think maggie, parnell, emet, jack, lazarus, or cabot are viable than you have no reason to think bucket isn't.

Bucket is meh the only time its okay if you have the acid rounds if not you better off picking something else.

>The only right answer

>anime poster
>implying implications

Where is the fucking patch at

People hate supports that don't give them free shields. That's it.

it should be there in 2 hours or so

I saw that user

I saw you and your failed spoiler

>-2 hours to Electro Griffin patch*

>[/spoiler]*if TRS doesn't delay it again
Ctrl - S my summer freind

range ip ban when?

I'll post whatever images I like and you cant stop me.
Also bucket is viable you pubshitter.

Is that caira? So wraiths have penises? So gay people like wraith?

Remember to always report faggot Wraithcloppers

>So gay people like wraith?

You needed this webm to confirm that?

Does levelling up poison perks increase the poison damage or just the duration?

Increases damage, I don't think it affects duration

What do I max on Wraith? Thinking about buying her

Your dick

accordng to this page: evolve.wikia.com/wiki/Perks

>Silver
>Direct Damage applies 5/6/8 damage per second for 3 seconds.

>Gold
>Direct Damage applies 10/13/16 damage per second for 3 seconds.

Decoy > Warp Blast > Abduction > Supernova

That's kind of what I thought from reading the wiki and seeing her a couple times on stream, what about level 1?

PATCH FUCKING WHEN

What do I max on gorgon?

Bucket should go up a tier imo.

Why?

Recharge is nice but without the ability to clutch shield/boost like sunny or hank he isn't gonna cut it. Poisonous rape sentries can not make up for the utility loss.

2 Decoy, warp blast and abduction. Can pick up supernova at stage 2 if you think it'll work in your match.

Acid Spit > Spider Trap > Web Snare

mimic

Longer shield ability than any other support with his mechanical boost. Same for medic being able to heal more and trapper being able to search for longer if he times it right. Amazin damage and can block off monster with turrets if placed well. Turrets also distract the monster if it's good because it has to destroy them, if it's not good it won't be alive much longer anyway.

Bucket isn't on my dodge list but maggie and jack are.

He actually used to be up a tier, that was before I knew how important is having the support keep everyone alive.

>bucket not on dodge list
>but maggie is

stupid shitter
leave and never return

Bucket can spam his shield boost ability more than any other support without sacrificing his insane damage potential. Not only that he makes it so the medic can spam more healing bursts. These are better at keeping your team alive than t hanks shield charger imo.

>Longer shield ability than any other support with his mechanical boost.
I don't think that's entirely true I think hank and tech hank shield more and Sunny's drone has a better recharge rate than any class ability.

>medic being able to heal
But if the shield is mitigating damage like it should medics don't need to heal more.

I think bucket is fine where he is, none of what you said makes him as good as tech sgt hank. Double class ability is no where near as good as active shield and his turrets are okay at best, unless your memeing with acid/poison. but even slim is viable if you're memeing with perks.

What's your highest win streak as hunter only mr shitter?

>MFW actual justic

Yeh, if you're only interested in stomp pubshitters.
Decoy spam has been in the game since day 1 and it has always been the tactic of the skill-less shitter.

Wraith should be played:

Stage 1:
1 point in each
Stage 2:
Max warp blast and put another point in supernova
Stage 3:
Max supernova and put your remaining point in abduction.

this really isn't the case though his 3 has a long cooldown, you'll never be able to spam healing boosts if a medic is surviving he's doing so because he's evading the monster, bucket does little to help him do that. Maybe its the trapper carrying bucket games.