/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward General

It says here you're pregnant.

>Patch Notes:
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/197e9c8b2f04efdecffe26bebe43b40551d1e3e8

>Patch 3.35 Released! (Deep Dungeon)
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/498f86d8acb4d44925b3f83e96c82c85a550f9a0

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells:
pastebin.com/raw/p88PqskL

>Previously on /xivg/:

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/ewzaoc.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=o7vLTiWkXik
youtube.com/watch?v=Q2S5lHeM08U
youtube.com/watch?v=8UpArzg_6XE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

xth for dont forget to feed squiddy-chan today

Post this initials of your crush right meow!!!!

xth for cats

xth for Style

He has no style, he has no grace
This Kong has a funny face

Of which you have none

How do we improve Palace of the Dead, or at least deep dungeons in general, /xivg/?

Highlanders.

_M

today is a great day

anyone wanna do a thing in the video game

Highlanders are cute.

We remove them, stop funneling development resources into gimmicks, and design better raids, primals and other dungeons.

The endless, procedurally generated dungeon is antithetical to the instanced theme park mmo. Oil and water.

>pic unrelated

Good morning /xivg/! I hope you have a nice day today!

Maid and butler code for sale, Balmung

Thank goodness you're not a game designer. You obviously have no idea how resources work.

my.mixtape.moe/ewzaoc.webm

Does anyone know the name of this song or what area/dungeon it's from originally? Or is it a PotD original?
I don't believe I've heard it before and it sounds quite nice

Serys made a huge mistake letting you disgusting faggots in the house.

That's right I have a real job

Smegmavaggio is a mentally disturbed piece of shit. Don't worry.

Tell us how they work then, or a better solution. Go ahead, I'll wait.

I don't get it

'kay

He's right though. Is this really what we're paying for in the span of 3 months?
All of these will go into the trash at 4.0 just like 2.0 content did at 3.0's arrival.

mad as heck

SM
jk, fuck you squidders

Ika is alright

Ika is, Koata isnt

whats wrong with koata

hypersmeggies

Nearly everything in Palace of the Dead is handled by algorithms. It is infinitely sustainable content that requires next to no work to keep updated and relevant.

But keep thinking a dungeon that nobody will care about which would require significantly more man hours to create would have been a better idea. Fun fact: All the "good" fights everyone loves require substantially more time and effort to make sure everything is balanced to be as enjoyable and challenging as possible. Do you seriously fucking think something like Thordan Ex was put together as quickly as a randomized dungeon that borrows bosses with algorithm-constructed environments? Is anyone that fucking stupid?

We wait till they release the next 150 floors.

>old content gets obsolete when a level uncap happens
Tell me a single MMO where that doesn't happen.

ok yeah that totally means a lot

bestlanders

I feel like rooms shouldn't be just about killing enemies all the damn time.

It should have other things happening like a puzzle or riddle, a dark room where you can only see 2 yalm radius, a shop, a treasure room with mimics or dummies, a miniboss, fights with an objective like a time attack, even just a place where you can chill out and talk to the NPC creatures that live in there or something.

Add some kind of reason to even bother with floors 1-40 at all. It's literally just for killing time right now.

I don't get it koata is really quiet.

>people still butthurt over something that had nothing to do with them

Guild Wars 2

>Tell me a single MMO where that doesn't happen.
Literally an MMO from the same francise. FFXI

You over estimate how many people work at SE and how much they care about a fucking fuckoff minigame.

If it's that easy where are the algorithms for puzzles or maps that are more than a few connected circular rooms? That would take one guy like an hour right?

it's abe zani or putt shitposting again

The game with one of the worst-received expansion in the history of MMOs.

Great fucking job, champ.

Just because content is needed for a 0.001% drop item doesn't mean it's relevant. XI had some good things going for it but as a whole it is archaic as fuck and should not be something developers go to for inspiration in design decisions.

>i will play more than once the lowest level dungeon in the game at level cap

try again

hope you're having a great day user
i know im not

why not?

>The game with one of the worst-received expansion in the history of MMOs.
Sorry, but didn't you ask them to name a single one? Eat shit, goal post moving faggot.

>Great fucking job, champ.
Leaps and bounds better than a game built around making you wait.

I was the one who asked, isn't me.

Do you not know what an algorithm is?

What we have now is essentially the proof of concept. It can be easily be added to and molded however they see fit. It is content that they can drag out as long as they want with minimal man hours devoted compared to the standard dungeon creation process.

I can guarantee you the next 50 floors will be much improved and I wouldn't be surprised if the first 50 were updated as well. It's not like someone has to go back and manually alter everything themselves. It's just lines of code that can be replaced for a drastically different experience.

HoTs early reception does not change the fact that none of the content in GW2 is invalidated.

And anet eventually fixed the problems in HoT. SE never did this for Heavensward.
And it looks like 4.0 will repeat the same mistakes.

bump

It's an original you fuckwad.

>Steady Hand II
>Rapid Synthesis
>Failure!
>Rapid Synthesis
>Failure!
>Steady Hand II ends
>Rapid Synthesis
>Success!
Look here..

>Just because content is needed for a 0.001% drop item doesn't mean it's relevant.
But then it means it is.

It's not like they have to make FFXIV a painful grind like FFXI was to make content relevant. They already shove their dead and shit content on the relic already.
Besides, you're exaggerating the percentage and the grind isn't that bad because it can be fun and challenging, while over here it'll be bad because content is bland and trash mobs are awfully boring.

thx

I eagerly await the much improved next 50 floors. Surely, they won't be the exact same thing but with bigger monsters as the norm and the exact same traps that just deal more damage.

here i'll spoonfeed you
youtube.com/watch?v=o7vLTiWkXik

So? That was only a suggestion to make PotD better.

It might just be a 1.0 song you ''fuckwad''

Most likely from 1.0, POTD reused 1.0 music.

youtube.com/watch?v=Q2S5lHeM08U

>we don't even have all poms yet

For the fuckers that watch anime, 3 episode rule. You guys are bashing this to the ground on the very 1st episode

retard

That's not it, also that's the old Black Shroud's 2nd theme.

>These themes will never be in their original places
Sigh, oh well.

Still waiting on that profound game developer knowledge you possess.

Xth for does ninja get any less boring in raids

I already explained it. Try reading.

oops, linked the wrong one
youtube.com/watch?v=8UpArzg_6XE

It's another 1.0 song anyways.

You never replied. Try responding to the post questioning yours.

>expecting me to scan the thread when there's no (You) attached

And if that studio's track record was Gold Saucer, Collectibles and Red Scrips, and Lords of Verminion?

>And anet eventually fixed the problems in HoT

lol

This theme fits Mor Dhona better to be honest
I really wonder why they removed a lot of 1.0 music and then just reuse them suddenly

Which palace weapon looks the coolest in your opinion?

>Stop making new kinds of content that could be fun

If you want the same shit over and over go play WoW, best of luck on those year gap long drought.

>I really wonder why they removed a lot of 1.0 music and then just reuse them suddenly
Because Yoshi is a hack so he's just using whatever is salvageable from 1.0. They probably wanted to originally reuse them but Yoshi splurged on the ARR budget and gave us shitty new tracks.

A lot of 1.0 music was great but had very little direction. It's almost as if they told their composers "okay we're going to need some music" and then they made that music without being told what it would be used for. That's a big part of why 1.0 was such a horrendous failures; there was obviously very little communication between the various teams.

So when that music was scrapped it was left sitting around and now it shows up now and then wherever Yoshida sees fit to include it.

It's better suited to (mostly) single target fights like primals and savage raids. I don't think it's very fun in dungeons. If you think it's boring you could try another melee, but I always thought ninja was fun. If you've tried other melee and they're boring too, you're gonna need to try another game because those are the jobs that involve the most button pressing (maybe with the exception of drk) and this game just ain't gonna be fast enough for you.

They actually did though. The mastery gates people had an issue with were removed within weeks, and then they made a lot of the grind better like six months later.

PLD fits the class the most, so I think that's pretty cool.
I really like the glowing arrows on the brd bow and the idea of being an angelic arrow shootin adventurer is pretty cool.
Thanks for the find, user. I'm not OP but this song is gorgeous.

certified cutie

Bard, Paladin and Astrologian.

Special shoutout to the arcanists that get books made of pure light with nothing on the pages.

If you think those are the only problems that HoT had then you are beyond saving.

What other issues did it have

>gold saucer
>bad
Lots of people spent hours collecting TT cards and farming for fenrir. I've seen people halt level completely just to farm TT due to how hooked up they got, some newbie even posted on reddit how he farmed fenrir before getting to lv 50.
Lord of vermillion was a total failure though.

>collectibles
Best thing we've had in crafting for years, makes leveling a lot less leve reliant and getting new stuff got a lot easier on the wallet as you don't have to rely on buying massive amounts of fieldcraft demimateria IIIs to get the books like lv 50 master III books need.
Red scrips were a mistake though, kind of. Because the gear they gave out was class locked so farming months for every class was retarded, if they gave a good omni set back then people wouldn't be bitching about red scrips.

hey :>

Completely devoid of challenging content that actually mattered?

What? I think the music was one of the few good parts about it. All of the music in it fit very, VERY well with the zone it represented, much better than the current 2.0 zones (except Coerthas because it's not very tranquil as it used to be)

I gotta agree that the new music isn't up to par with what it replaced. I'll never understand that.
Right now they really have no good reason to replace them in the first place since they've been reusing it all right now.

Who is making these?

I am.

The left one is responsible for bringing Miunih here. They can fuck off.

>doing 1-10 1-10, then 11-20 11-20, then 21-30 21-30 back to back on different saves
this shit is so boring its killing me
why do floors 41-50 have to be the only fun ones
why am I forced to do the garbage 1-40 floors every time just to get back to 41-50

Why are you so ungrateful for fun new content?