16 WRX

Thinking about switching from e90 to pic related. What are some other good alternatives? 30k max no fwd no automatic

none get the wrx

>fwd is bad

I love this meme

Audi

30 corollas

Fwd is trash not a meme

16 sti

Love her

why upgrading from an old corolla to a new corolla?

What's the similarity again?

>I bet my turbo ss is faster in a straight line and in the track than whatever you drive

wrx != sti.

one is an overpriced sedan with an old generation engine that is only marketed to dumb ricers and/or boy racers, and the other one is a decent buy.

Guess which one is yours, faggot.

Whats wrong with the EJ257?

ehhhhh nothing. head gaskets i suppose.

new FA20 gets better gas mileage but is more likely to have mechanical issues

Which E90 do you have OP? What do you want that it doesn't offer?

those problem were solved like, 9 years ago?

> buying a performance car
> caring about gas mileage

fyi you can get 25mpg average in an sti no problem, knowing how to drive helps and using intelligent mode.

yeah.

So whats wrong with it?

not a whole lot. i hear about ringlands going pretty often... idk man im a Fan of the engine so im not gonna bad mouth it.

Yeah, but the specter of the exploding head gaskets remains. Also ringlands and other fuckery. Partially due to owner incompetence but partially due to design.

I've said it before on here, the EJ25 is a nice engine that started out as an utter shitshow.

I'm not one to sip on the "EJ BEST EVARRR" kool-aid even though there's an EJ sitting out in my garage as I type this. It's a nice engine. They did some neat things with it. You can build it for some decent power and a nice, solid, flat torque curve.

It's like that girl who you grew up with who was dorky as fuck and clumsy as hell, then you see her 10 years later and is a solid 7/10. You're not gonna fall in love with her at first sight but she def got way easier on the eyes.

True but as long as someone does their research and doesn't mod it voiding the warranty, there is really no problem. Preventing an EJ from blowing up is not hard.

SW20 Twin Turbo
It'll solve all your problems

Its not, to either wrong wheel drive cuck.

08 4 door 328
Has everything but going on 200k+ miles this year

Love mine so far

I know I'm probably wasting my time replying to this, but just interested in why people actually think this.

Why the hell would you try fit two turbos in a space that's confined enough with the one they put there from the factory? It's not like you'd gain any power or drivability over a properly sized single turbo in that application

Because all the kiddos believe that if its twin turbo, then it is God. New twin scroll turbos do a better job these days.